Misunderstandings

Luckily Unlucky

Amber's POV

"Baby.... Here, eat some of these! I made it myself!" I heard Krystal said eagerly.

"I'm full, I just ate my breakfast"

"Breakfast? But its already pass 12 you should be hungry by now"

"I said I just ate! About 15mins ago. do I still have to give you the exact time up to the last second?"

"Why are you so irritable?! I just want to give you what I prepared"

"I said I don't need it." I stood up. "I'll be leaving. Don't follow me"
I walked out, ignoring her shouting spree.

"I'm gonna tell this to the dean ! I swear! You're gonna regret doing this to me!!!!"
"Amber!!!!"

I went to my favorite place in the campus. You would probably think that it would be the rooftop or the garden or something like a shady spot under a tree. But nope. Not close to any of it. Its the mini forest behind the tall walls with 'do not cross' lines, just before the cliff that leads to a rocky river.

Kinda dangerous right? Well that's more I like it.

But just before I reach my favorite spot, I saw someone, sitting on a big rock, who was the sole reason why I'm not in a good mood today.

‘Oh great! Now my sanctuary is being contaminated.’

I was about to turn my back but I stepped on a twig which made a little sound.

"Whose there?" She shouted before she turned to see me.

"Aamber? What are you doing here?!"

"I could have ask you the same. Miss."

"Miss? Now you don't even know my name?. Nice. Very nice" she said sarcastically.
Then turned around and continue what she was doing.

Suddenly I heard a sob so I walked up to her.

I kneeled down so we were eye level.

"Wait! Are you... Were you crying?!"
I hugged her


"....."


"Who did this to you?" I asked again when I heard no response


"I could have ask you the same" she mimic my statement


I pulled out from the hug and hold both of her shoulders so I could look at her. I stared at her eyes looking for answers but she reverted her gaze to something else.

"I. I did this to you?"

She pushed me away. 

"Ask yourself you snob and numb and rude and bossy, so full of yourself brat and..."

"Hey! That's too much already!"
I cut her off

"... And a player."she finished her ranting.

" I said stop it! Wait! What did you say? I'm a what?" 

"And a deaf." she added

"What the heck cho-hee! I agree of what you said earlier but not the last one!"

"Which one? That you are deaf?"

"No. That I'm a player. Because I am definitely not"

"Really? Now you are also a liar."

This girl is really getting on my nerves. Grrrrrr.....

"Could you just answer my question?!"

"Now you are also demanding"

"When will you stop that?"

"What? Telling the truth?"

"No. That teasing!"

"Well ... Lemme think, how about, NEVER?"

'Grrrrrrrrrr......!'

"Why are you here anyways? if you don't want to be treated like this, go back there! Where they treat you as a royalty." She pointed towards the wall of the University

"And besides, isn't your baby is looking for you?" She whispered

I smirked hearing that.

"Don't tell me you are, jealous?"

"Yes. I won't tell you"

"Haha. You don't have to admit it because its written all over your face!"

"Well you are wrong. Because I'm not jealous. I am mad. As in MAD at you MISTER" She emphasized the last word before she stood up and attempted to walk away.

"Why?" I raised a brow while holding her arm.

As far as I know, she's the one who did horrible things to me.

"You are asking me why?!" She said frustratingly. "You just ignored me back there like you didn't know me. And what were those piercing looks all about? Why? Because I am nobody and you are popular here? And what? You have to show on my face that you are lovey dovey with that Krystal beach? And you would tell me that she is not your girlfriend? Who are you kidding?!"

I took a deep sigh before I answer her.

"Its your fault" I said.

.

.

.

.

.

Cho-hee POV

"Its your fault." She said

'What the?!, she's unbelievable!'

"Whatever, you wouldn't admit anyway" I said and attempted to walk out again

"Where's your phone?" She said.

Now what? She wants to take it back? FINE!

I rummaged my bag to search for it and hand it to her with a force. She took it.

"I knew it. You didn't read any of my messages" she said

What's with those messages anyway?

"Do I have to?" I asked

She ruffled her hair.

"Didn't you know that I waited for your reply but I didn't received any. I was worried with you so I knocked on your door a couple of times but no one's there to answer but a security telling me to stop what I've been doing because I'm disturbing the others. I waited cho-hee. I waited. I waited that I barely sleep. But what will I see? You. All safe and sound without any guilt. Having fun with your new friend."

"That's not my fault. Didn't you know what time was it. Of course I'm sleepy that's why I slept. Some common sense will help you"

"Common sense. really? How would you expect me to react when the last text I received from you is saying 'I'm getting dizzy' then nothing follows" she scoffed "I called you but you didn't answered. So I thought, you were sick! I even made soup for you and went out just to buy you some meds. Didn't you know I searched every street just to get you those meds?! And now, I don't have  common sense because of worrying for you?!"

"That's just jet lag okay. And I just slept so I didn't hear"

"Yeah right. I can even hear your ring tone from the door, and yet you didn't hear it? How sleepy head can you be?!"

"I'm tired! That's it. Its not my fault that you over reacted. You are just being paranoid."

She has this surprised expression on her face. She shook her head in disbelief then sigh so deep. I guess I really did frustrate her

"Whatever"she said

" wait Amber!" I clung my arm on hers. She looked at it suspiciously.

"Thank you! How about, I treat you for lunch?"

"......"

"Okay, look, I apologize. Okay. I'm sorry. I just really felt bad when you treated me that way so I just said those bad words as a defense mechanism. Please forgive me?" I said looking away from her

"...."

"Hey say something"

"...."

"Okay, I know, I can't treat you expensive food, but that's just what I have ..., how can I get back to you?"

I took a glance at her and that's when I realized that she was staring back at me.

'Do I have a dirt on my nose again?'

I unconsciously wiped my nose.
And cheeks and everywhere in between...

But Amber stopped me.


She held my wrist.

"Do I still have a dirt?" I asked but her answer startled me.

She pecked my cheek.

So gentle.

I guess, we're okay now?

"You don't have to treat me for lunch. Its almost already time for our next subject." she said.

Oh crap!

"We are going to be late Amber!!!!!"