« seven »

Winning (Against) Yoon Jeonghan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YA'LL somebody took the time and effort to vote for Jicheol more than a hundred times I applaud you, whoever you are.
To know what I'm talking about, click here to vote for the side pairs for my upcoming Junshua story~

I'm updating earlier this week because Seventeen's recent wins made me happy and also they're holding a lot of menpas I just wanna cry;;

Jeonghan wouldn’t say he was getting desperate, but he was definitely getting desperate.

It may have had something to do with his recent realizations about himself. It was nothing big; some stuff about how he wanted to try being blonde for the next comeback if his scalp would allow it, maybe even be the center for the dance if he could somehow ask Soonyoung— though that may include asking the rest of the performance team— and also something about his growing feelings for his best friend, Hong Jisoo. One of those was, admittedly, a lot more serious than the rest.

His scalp was starting to die with all the dye jobs he’s been doing, pun intended.

Bleaching it again would make it so much worse.

Okay, no, it was the Jisoo thing. Since when was there a Jisoo thing? He blamed the bet, of course. Not himself even though he started the bet in the first place, because he did it with the intent to show Jisoo that he was wrong and so that he could win, but that was clearly not happening. The bet must have done something to go against him. That was the only explanation for how Jisoo was apparently making good progress with his mystery guy and how he was suddenly pining for his best friend. 

Never make a bet with Jisoo, Jihoon said. 

He never makes a bet he won’t win, he said.

Oh well.

Jeonghan wasn’t sure when the feelings began. He was positive it wasn’t there before the bet, but the longer he thought about it the more he realized that maybe it was always sorta-kinda there. When news that Seungcheol and Jisoo tried dating, he knew he was told. For some reason, he just willed his mind to forget it. He figured it would be less awkward that way, but was slowly admitting to himself that it wasn’t weird because of Seungcheol— it was odd because of Jisoo, sweet Jisoo with his gentle voice, was now spending more time with someone other than him.

He didn’t like feeling jealous. 

Jealousy does not suit Yoon Jeonghan.

Yet, that was clearly what he was feeling again this time around, except amplified due to how many other guys could possibly be Jisoo’s crush. Even more so since Jisoo was actually doing something about it. He had once wondered if maybe he was the object of the bet— he fit the qualifications, and he was always around Jisoo, too— but then shrugged it off as wishful thinking on his part. He would love to be the object of the bet, of course, but surely if Jisoo was doing that subtlety stuff on him he would notice, right? 

Plus, it’s not like Jisoo’s been acting differently towards him or anything. He still received the same amount of attention and care he always got from the other boy. It’s just his feelings and reactions that was making things difficult and giving him such fantasies in his head. Again, just wishful thinking. Jeonghan can’t exactly confess either, not with his dating reputation and the way Jisoo was already chasing after somebody else. He liked Jisoo, that much was clear, but whether they should date or not?

That was a whole different topic entirely, and a much more serious one at that. 

They had a good friendship. 

Would it change once Jisoo gets in a relationship with someone else though?

Jeonghan groaned, tossing and turning on his bed. He would have been around Jisoo again, but the latter had language classes again and this time the teacher absolutely forbade him from entering the classroom. All this free time led to him drowning in his thoughts instead of taking a nap like he had planned, which was never a good thing. Naps were his lifeblood,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter