« five »

Winning (Against) Yoon Jeonghan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jihoon, I need help.”

“I’m not touching that list of yours, Jeonghan.”

“What why— I mean, I have no idea what you mean.”

Jihoon gave him a look.

“Okay, fine, I won’t ask anything too specific though. Just help, please?”

Jeonghan gave his best impression of a kicked puppy as he stared at the blonde. He only had two weeks to go before the end of the bet; Two full weeks had come and gone and he still felt like he wasn’t anywhere near figuring out who Jisoo’s guy was. They’ve had way too many interactions with other groups, shows, and group practices among other things. The list in his phone just grew and along with it, a weird feeling of dread and something else he couldn’t quite place creeping up his chest.

It was the losing part.

He just didn’t want to lose the bet.

“Honestly,” Jihoon sighed, looking away from the computer screen to stare disapprovingly at Jeonghan. He never did like being bothered when he was working on a new song, but Jeonghan couldn’t think of anybody else he could go to for help. Jisoo definitely won’t say anything. As for the other members, well, Jeonghan figured he liked it better if they didn’t know as well. It was just among them, anyway. “What’s gotten you so worked up?”

Jeonghan blinked, “what do you mean?”

“Nevermind. Fine. What help do you need?” Jihoon said, removing the headphones from around his neck and whirling around to face Jeonghan. 

“The mystery guy,” Jeonghan began to say, aiming to make it sound like he was up to something sly and sneaky, but was surprised when it came out a bit unsure. He had a point with this question, really. He was going to ask Jihoon for information, stuff like the guy’s age and maybe even his band. Some other details like how he interacts with Jisoo, whether Jihoon would say it was an obvious thing, if it was cheesy. Instead, he opens his mouth and asks something else, as if on impulse. 

“Is he good for Jisoo?”

Jihoon stared at him, face softening just a little, “what do you mean?”

“Uhm, I,” Jeonghan stammered, caught off-guard because what did he mean? He just wanted to know who the guy was. It wasn’t like he was beginning to feel uncomfortable with the idea of Jisoo dating someone, especially someone he didn’t know. He may have been just a bit protective since Jisoo is his best friend. Yeah, that was it.  Still, they were adults, after all, Jisoo was perfectly free to date whoever he wanted. Jeonghan did, right? 

So why, just why did it bother him?

Jihoon was giving him a look that meant he should probably continue what he was going to say and quit wasting the other boy’s time. Either that or a look that meant he actually knew what Jeonghan was thinking about and held all the answers in his head that could help the situation, but refused to say anything about it anyway. Maybe the first option was the better one. Jeonghan wasn’t sure.

“I’m just wondering,” he finally got himself to say, hands gesturing in the air with no real purpose. “If they match, work well together, something like that. Jisoo’s one of my best friends, I’m just…”

He paused for a moment to offer Jihoon a shrug, “looking out for him?”

“Do you have any idea who the guy could be?”

“I still have no idea who he is,” Jeonghan admitted with a small frown, thinking back to the list and the minimal facts he had. “Do they even hang out?”

Jihoon snorted, “they do. Looks like that’s another thing you don’t know about Jisoo.”

Jeonghan’s frown deepened to the point that his eyebrows furrowed in thought, momentarily thinking back to all the moments he spent with Jisoo and trying to remember who he interacted with a lot more, itching to bring out his phone just to make sure. Instead, he sighed, ignoring the uneasy feeling and Jihoon’s smug little smirk. 

“Yeah, I guess so,” he admitted to himself, the annoyed feeling turning into one that held just a small tinge of guilt for how little he actually knew about his best friend. Well, he knew a lot, definitely more than some of the other members but such private details were something he didn’t really bother asking about. Jisoo was there for him during all his toils and troubles, never complaining when Jeonghan would whine about dat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter