« three »

Winning (Against) Yoon Jeonghan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It only took me a week to update. I am proud of myself.
I hope this is a trend that stays. Enjoy the chapter, everybody!

Also help me out!

The next day, Jeonghan had everything planned out. They had a full schedule up ahead— practice, rehearsals, a full show, then some more practice— and he was going to be with Jisoo during every single one. He had originally thought of bringing a notebook and pen wherever he went, but soon realized that would make things far too obvious. Also, the notebook could fall into the wrong hands (read: Jisoo’s) and he wouldn’t want that. Shoving the old fashioned way out of his head and not quite trusting his own memory, he decided to list things down on his phone instead.

List what down, exactly?

All the males Jisoo would interact with. That right, Jeonghan was going to make a complete list and take note of the qualities Jisoo told him specifically until he narrowed down who the mystery male could be. When he’s finally sure, a little meddling should help his win the bet. It’s not like he was going to prevent Jisoo from dating whoever the guy was— no, of course he knew his friend wouldn’t be happy with that idea— but maybe just make Jisoo take longer than a month. He wasn’t scared Jisoo was going to win, either, he just wanted to make sure.

Yeah. That was it. He just wanted to make sure.

“Besides,” Jeonghan muttered to himself as he fixed up his training bag. “What if the guy isn’t good enough for him? Maybe I can do something about it too. That can’t be a bad idea.”

A few moments later, he gleefully bounded across the hallway towards Jisoo’s room, ready to latch himself on as much as possible.

“Good morning, Hong Jisoo!” He greeted, entering the room with a cheerful smile. “And company.”

“Thanks,” Seungkwan replied back dryly.

Jisoo smiled, the kind of smile he reserved for whenever Jeonghan was up to his sneaky antics again, but was too amused by it to tell him off. The older boy laughed in response, only to sober up when he realized he was with Jisoo and two other male figures. Based on what the other boy said yesterday, his mystery man was definitely an idol. While the vocal position may be iffy, he did say something about having a great voice. That part was sure. Everything else may be subjective.

And, well.

Seokmin and Seungkwan. 

“What brings you here, Jeonghan?” Jisoo asked as said boy made a mental note to add the two vocal line members to his list, just to be sure. Maybe he should add all the Seventeen members at this rate.

“I just wanted to head to practice with my best friends,” came the smooth reply. 

Seokmin snorted from the side, “that sounds weird already. Jisoo, what’s wrong with him?”

The pink haired boy just shrugged, watching Jeonghan with that small, amused smile still playing on his lips. He went back to fixing his own training bag, matching the pace of the two younger ones with him. Once Jisoo was thoroughly distracted again, Jeonghan sat on one of the beds— not Jisoo’s he couldn’t risk it— and whipped his phone out, hoping it would seem as if he was just idly playing games on his phone. As quickly as possible, he jotted down his notes.

First, Seokmin. Vocals? Big check, high check, definitely there. Visuals? Check, who isn’t, really? Very nice and definitely mischievous, especially when paired with Soonyoung. Around Jisoo though? Jeonghan made a mental note to notice things further.

Boo Seungkwan; saying he has no vocals would be a sin. Also his mom would come after Jeonghan personally if he said no for the visuals part. Nice, but definitely sassy, if that’s Jisoo’s idea of fun. Seungkwan can get anybody to come out of their shell, that’s for sure— Jeonghan’s mind flitted to Jisoo’s plastic bottle antic in One Fine Day. There’s a large though, if Jisoo’s mindful of that. 

Jeonghan paused. Was Jisoo mindful of that? 

“Ready when you’re done with the games, Jeonghan,” Seungkwan said, standing pointedly by the door with the other two boys. 

“Coming!”

/

Now that Jeonghan was actually paying attention, it wasn’t hard to miss out on who Jisoo interacts with a lot. It also frustrated him to no end because as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter