Mile High Club

I Won't Give Up

mile high club

According to Woohyun, Kibum is one of those horrible people that sends contradicting signals all the time. Kibum usually agrees with him.

Right now he’s sitting in his seat on row 15 in the plane on his way to Los Angeles while he observes those who are still boarding. He’s silently judging the old lady and the overweight man and praying that they are going to pass him.

Kibum usually has the window seat when he flies so he can pretend he looks out the window or sleeps and doesn’t have to talk to his seat mate but whenever an attractive person passes him, Kibum can’t help but silently hope they will sit next to him anyway.

Like the man that just entered the airplane and is slowly moving towards him. He’s a little small, but his shoulders are wide and they weirdly enough match his slim waist. He has ash-blonde hair and sharp facial features, but he’s so awfully cute that Kibum almost holds his breath when he stops in front of row 15 to look at the numbers, only to pass Kibum and continue down the aisle. Kibum sighs a little and glares at a mother with a child. Not here, he prays but the too pass him.

Kibum’s interest is awakened again when a skinny man boards the plane. He’s dressed casually, but his clothes look good on him, even if they shouldn’t. He looks like a lost child but despite the soft cheeks, Kibum can see that there is something hidden behind him. He would be interesting to get to know. But he, too, passes row 15 and Kibum sighs.

He still doesn’t have a seat mate and while 98 % of the people that has passed him so far are people Kibum doesn’t want to sit beside, he can still hope. There aren’t a lot of people left, Kibum recognises how the flow slows down as people gets seated in the large airplane that will take them across the pacific ocean.

The next person that catches his attention is a tall man with a wide smile and an aura that shines through the entire plane. Unfortunately for Kibum, he places himself in a seat two rows in front of Kibum.

Kibum is starting to accept that he isn’t going to have a seat mate and while he definitely thinks it’s a loss he can’t sit next to the three people he has an interest in, he guesses it’s better than sitting next to any other passenger. He turns his head and looks out the window while he leans back into his seat.

Then someone scrambles next to him and then plops down in the seat. Kibum doesn’t expect too much when he turns his head to look at his seat mate that is late but when he finally takes a look at him, he’s unable to say anything.

The stranger has curly, brown hair. He’s skinny but muscular if what’s beneath his long-sleeved shirt says anything. His fingers are has a certain clumsy elegance as he buckles the belt. His eyes are dark brown and captivating in a way Kibum has never seen eyes be. His lips are pink and soft with no cracks and when he breaks out into a smile, Kibum feels absolutely blinded.

Right next to him sits the most gorgeous man he has ever seen in his life and Kibum can’t believe he’s real.

“I’m sorry,” the stranger says and turns to fumble with the safety instructions. Kibum can’t stop staring. It’s creepy and stupid and he’s going to make his seat mate uncomfortable before they take off, but he simply can’t tear his eyes away.

The stranger follows the safety video and when it’s done and he has put the safety instructions back into the pocket in front of him, he turns to look at Kibum and sends him a curious smile.

“Is everything okay?” he asks and Kibum blinks.

“What?” he mumbles.

“Are you nervous? First time flying? Don’t worry, you can hold my hand if you want to?”

The plane starts to roll away from the airport and onto the runway and Kibum decides that sure, he is nervous of flying if it means he can hold the gorgeous stranger’s hand. He nods a little and then lets the feeling wash over him as their hands connect. The stranger squeezes his hand a little and Kibum bites his lower lip and closes his eyes. The hand is soft and warm and Kibum wishes he could hold the hand forever.

As soon as they’re in the air, however, the stranger lets go of Kibum and Kibum opens his eyes.

“Do you want a piece of gum?”

Kibum shakes his head.

“No thanks.”

His response has the stranger chuckling.

“So you can talk. My name’s Jinki. You?”

Kibum could have sworn, in this moment, there was nothing he wanted more than to never leave this plane and Jinki ever again.

“I’m Kibum.”

Woohyun and Nicole would laugh at him if they saw him reduced to this but Woohyun and Nicole aren’t here so Kibum doesn’t have to worry about their judgment. Jinki doesn’t judge him.

Jinki also makes it really easy to be comfortable. Kibum usually doesn’t talk to strangers, there’s a reason he chooses a seat so he doesn’t have to, but Jinki makes it easy. Jinki seems to believe it’s just nervousness caused by flying but Kibum knows better.

“So you’re visiting your cousin?” Kibum asks and Jinki nods a little.

“Yeah, she wanted me to see the States. She probably have way too high expectations like usual.”

“What do you mean?”

“Ah, it’s nothing. She just likes to drag me out to get drunk and hopes I get laid.”

Jinki chuckles and Kibum blushes a little. He’s sure Jinki could get laid, even without getting drunk. A man this gorgeous can’t exactly be missing action. Maybe he has a partner anyway.

The thought bums Kibum out so much that he quiets down and eats his first meal in silence. Jinki pokes his shoulder after 5 minutes of silence.

“Are you okay? Did anything happen? There wasn’t turbulence, right?”

Kibum nods a little.

“Do you have a girlfriend?”

Figures that the most gorgeous person on this planet is straight. Kibum could’ve told himself that. Jinki is a stranger that thinks he’s afraid of flying. Maybe this was a stupid idea. Kibum should quiet down and pretend he sleeps when Jinki has answered his question.

“No,” Jinki says and Kibum eyes him skeptically.

“Don’t lie. You’re gorgeous, you could get any girl you want.”

It doesn’t really occur to him what he has said before Jinki raises an eyebrow.

“Shame I don’t want girls.”

The implications are there but Kibum is too afraid to ask so he doesn’t.

“What about you? Any girl waiting for you in the USA?”

“Nah, I’m not …” Kibum stalls. No, he doesn’t want to say out loud that he’s homoual to a Korean stranger on an airplane from Korea to USA where he can’t run away should things get uncomfortable. “I don’t have a girlfriend,” he says instead and smiles.

The stewardess interrupts them then and takes their trash and the conversation die down.


They talk about Jinki’s university and Kibum’s internship. They talk about their families and their pets. They talk about politics and philosophies. When the plane turns down the light and most of the passengers have gone to sleep Jinki leans towards him.


“I’ve always wanted to join the Mile High Club,” he whispers and Kibum widens his eyes. “Too soon?” Jinki asks as he sits straight in his seat. Kibum just looks at him, mouth open like a fish out of water.

“What?” he finally says and Jinki sends him a smile but the glint in his eyes is mischievous enough.

“You never wanted to?” he asks and Kibum feels frozen.

Did he ever want to have in an airplane? No, not really.

But if Jinki is the one offering he’s not saying no, that’s for sure. Mostly just because Jinki is ridiculously hot. Kibum shrugs a little and Jinki chuckles silently. He blinks when he gets out of his seat and walks towards the free lavatory and Kibum just looks after him.

What the happened?

Still he leaves his seat 5 minutes later and walks towards the same lavatory.

They’re crammed into the small lavatory, the sink digging uncomfortably into Kibum’s back as Jinki hovers over him, a smirk on his lips. Kibum decides to say ‘ it’ and kisses him.


How they manage to have in the airplane lavatory without lube Kibum isn’t entirely sure but when he sinks back into his seat, he’s satisfied and in blissful heaven. Jinki just shakes his head a little at the sight of Kibum but Kibum doesn’t care.

The steward looks at them with a glare when he passes them, but neither of the two men notice.


30 minutes later Kibum can feel his eyes droop and although there is only 2 hours left before they’re descending, he leans on Jinki’s shoulder slowly, asking for permission and Jinki grabs his hand and squeezes it in acceptance.

“We should meet again,” Kibum mumbles into Jinki’s shoulder before he falls asleep. Jinki nods and whispers a ‘yeah’.

When the plane lands in Los Angeles Kibum stays in his seat while people get up to get their hand luggage. There is rustling around them, but Jinki still manages to hand Kibum his phone and ask him to type in his number. Jinki has left the plane when Kibum gets up to get his hand luggage from the overhead bin. He smiles, a pink blush on his cheeks as he reads the message Jinki has sent him.

You’re not nervous of flying. Tricking people isn’t very nice. (; You should make it up to me with a cup of coffee when I get back to Seoul. xxxx

author's notes

Okay, so idk what happened, but it's up again. o_o' Airplanes/airports - that is lovely tbh. Also maybe it's because I really want to travel again, I miss flying, haha. Just came to think of that. 

Confident Jinki is my life saver - and apparently he is Kibum's too. No wonder. God, I love that man. (Yes, it's totally a risk to ask Kibum if he wants to him, but he knows that the implications are there and Kibum knows the implications are there and Jinki takes the chance. Kibum could've just stayed in his seat, but he didn't, tsk tsk. (; )