I'm Pregnant

I Won't Give Up

I'm pregnant

Eunsook is staring at the two candlelights on the table. The table cloth is her grandmother's and used only for special occasions. The meat is in the oven, the rice in the cooker and the salad prepared and already on the table. Kibum hasn’t even arrived home yet but still, she’s waiting anxiously to tell him what has been on her mind since she returned home.

It’s kind of ridiculous for her to create a meal like this when it’s no big deal. Except it is a big deal and Eunsook doesn’t really know how to relay the news to him. That’s why she’s been setting it up like this, obviously creating an occasion. She hopes it’ll lead him in the right direction. At least a little bit.

Kibum arrives home 5 minutes later and Eunsook jumps at the sound as the front door closes. Her nerves are frayed and she is twisting her hair around her finger over and over again while she listens to him getting undressed. He slips inside the kitchen and raises an eyebrow in surprise.

“Did I forget something?” Kibum asks and Eunsook bites her lower lip and shakes her head a little. “Sookie…”

Eunsook cringes a little and looks up with an exhale.

“No no, we’re fine! I just wanted to do something special for today.”

Kibum doesn’t buy it, however, and he walks towards her and wraps his hands around her waist and kisses her forehead. Eunsook chides herself for feeling so weak in his company. It’s ridiculous because they’ve been together for 4 years already and she should be able to withstand his cheesiness but right now she just wants to curl up against him and feel protected from the world.

“I didn’t forget our anniversary, did I?” Kibum asks with a mischievous tone. They both know he would never forget that. There’s a bigger possibility of Eunsook forgetting their anniversary than Kibum forgetting but she appreciates that he asks anyway. She shakes her head before she leaves his embrace so she can scoop rice into two bowls.

“I have something to tell you, but let’s eat first,” she says, then she curses herself for being a coward.

Kibum doesn’t say anything, he doesn’t force her to say anything either and the silence that slowly envelops them in the kitchen is comfortable. Eunsook is still anxious, though, and it translate to everything she does. She spills rice when she tries to take a bite, burns her fingers when she tries cutting the ribs and almost tips over her glass of water when she reaches towards the salad leaves. Kibum grabs her hand and intertwines their fingers.

“You should tell me what’s going on instead of being so jittery. You’ll end up getting hurt and I would really prefer whatever you have to say over having to drive you to the hospital with an injury.”

Eunsook looks away shyly before she takes a deep breath and turns back to face him.

“Okay so… I’ve been feeling quite exhausted these past few weeks and you know that.” Kibum nods and urges her to continue. “Yeah, well, so I talked to Taeyeon and she suggested going to the doctor, right?” Eunsook pauses and looks at Kibum to make sure he’s following her. “Okay, so I said I would go to the doctor but then I realised that my period was two weeks late and I’m not sure how I missed it but the point is …”

Another break wherein Kibum’s eyes widen as he soaks in the information.

“You’re pregnant,” he says.

“I’m pregnant,” she confirms. Silence slips over the kitchen and the couple. Eunsook chews on her lower lip as she gauges his expression. She didn’t expect him to shout and get angry, not really, but the silence makes her anxious as well. Kibum blinks.

“You’re pregnant,” he says again and Eunsook nods and bites her lower lip so hard it starts bleeding. “You’re pregnant.”

Eunsook whines a little and shakes their locked hands and almost tips over the candlelights.

“Say something else,” she begs and Kibum lets go of her hand so he can stand and walk to her side. She looks at him but is unable to read his expression and it scares her. Damn, she knew they should’ve been more careful. She could’ve gotten an abortion without him knowing and all.

Kibum takes her cheeks in his hands and leans down to kiss her lips and Eunsook squeals in surprise.

“You’re ing pregnant! That’s amazing!” Kibum says when he lets go of her lips and Eunsook sighs relieved, her shoulders sagging with relief.

“Really?” she asks and Kibum nods.

“Yes.”

She stands up beside him and wraps her arms around him and Kibum embraces her like it’s the most natural thing ever. It is, if she’s honest. She belongs in his arms like this. It’s comfortable now that she has finally said the words. What’s going to happen she doesn’t know but Kibum’s warmth is enough to comfort her. He lets go of her a little while later and presses a kiss to her forehead.

“I love you Lee Eunsook,” he says and Eunsook blushes a little.

“Kibum…” she whines and Kibum chuckles. “So you're not sad?”

He lifts her up and Eunsook squeals again as she presses close to him, hangs on tight so he doesn’t drop her.

He puts her down on the back of the couch and Eunsook grabs the fabric to stay seated, Kibum standing in between her legs.

“It’s the best thing you could’ve told me,” he says. “Now I only need to get on one knee.”

Eunsook widens her eyes.

“Don’t you dare!” she says and Kibum blinks in confusion.

“What?”

Eunsook just shakes her head a little.

“We’re not getting married because I’m pregnant.” Kibum is at a loss of words. “I want to marry you because you love me and truly wants to marry me, not just because I’m pregnant.”

Her heart flutters when Kibum sends her a soft smile and presses another kiss to her forehead.

“My strong independent woman. God, I love you so much Eunsook.”

She smiles shyly at the praise.

“I love you too.”

Then she leans up towards him and locks their lips, her hands resting over his shoulders and he grabs her waist and leans into the kiss. When he lets go he rests his hand on her stomach and Eunsook removes it. Kibum looks at her confused.

“I feel fat when you do that,” she says and Kibum laughs.

“You’ll be the most beautiful pregnant woman on Earth.”

Eunsook shuts him up with another kiss.

author's notes

I don't know why I want to write pregnancies these days, but I do. And to a change, this is Eunsook and Kibum, not Jinki and Gwiboon, lol. 

And it's good news. Not sad news. I have a habit of turning pregnancies to a bad thing. Eunsook is very nervous before she tells him because she has no idea how he'll react, both because they're not married and also just because it's pregnany and it'll turn their life around. 

The reason she rejects his "proposal" (that isn't a real proposal) is because of the stigma that children shouldn't be born out of wedlock but Eunsook doesn't want to marry because of a child, she wants to marry because they love each other. 

Are they fluffy? Not really, right? Gah. T_T I hope you enjoy. <3