Are We Even Still Friends?

REPLY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngji put her bag on the chair beside her then sat down on the other chair. She and her manager unnie were at the restaurant for a dinner after she finished filming for a beauty program called Beauty Comes First which she became one of the hosts at the SBS studio. She opened and scanned the menu while her manager was talking on the phone.

“I’d like a portion of samgyetang and lemonade, please.” Youngji said to the waiter, “Unnie, what do you want?” She asked to her manager.

The manager faced her and asked for makguksu and iced water.

“Who were you talking to, unnie? Why did it take so long?” Youngji asked.

“PD-nim.”

“PD-nim?” Youngji surprised, PD-nim usually calls the managers or the artists himself if the thing is super important. “Why?”

“He reminded me to remind you about tomorrow’s singing practice.”

“Aah… I got it.” Youngji said.

A week ago PD-nim called her to the office and told her that she had a job offer to sing in a music award conducted by SBS at the end of August. Youngji of course felt happy with the job offer because she loves to perform on stage and sing. And she accepted the offer. But, there’s something that worried her; not much, but made her think for several days if her decision to accept the job would end up good or not. It wasn’t a solo performance. It was a duet performance and the partner was someone who she didn’t really expect, even she never thought it would happen before.

“Your duet partner is really something, you know?!” Youngji’s manager said to her.

“I know, right, unnie?!” Youngji too still felt surprised with her duet.

“But, he is a good singer. He does dramas too. I think he is the best singer among his other members.”

Youngji chuckled, “You definitely don’t want their fans hear you.”

“I’m not saying the other members can’t sing. They sure have different type of voice. But in my opinion he has the best ability to sing ballad in the group.”

Youngji nodded. She admitted her manager unnie got the point. Even in her opinion, even though the other members have great and individual voice, his is the most suit voice for ballad songs. Then, they continued talking about dress she should wear on the event and her manager suggested Youngji to wear something elegant and y which Youngji clearly said no.

The food came out just before Youngji’s sister, Song Yeon arrived at the restaurant and joined them.

“Unnie..~” Youngji called, welcoming her beautiful sister. “What’d take you so long?”

“Sorry, Youngji-ah. I need to finish some work before I get here.”

Song Yeon sat in front of Youngji beside her manager, and after asking for extra bowl of rice to the waiter they started to eat.

“How did she do today, unnie?” Song Yeon asked Youngji’s manager.

“As usual, she did great job today.” Youngji’s manager said, “but she has to maintain her attitude.”

“What?” Youngji widened her eyes, feeling surprised because she didn’t think she did something wrong today. “What do you mean, unnie? Was I being rude today? Does anyone complain about my attitude?”

“What did she do, unnie?” Song Yeon was curious too. It’s hard to imagine Youngji treated other people rudely because as she remembered she even never saw Youngji behaves like a spoiled annoying brat at home. She was always the sweetest.

“I didn’t say you act rude, Youngji-ah. You just need to be aware of what you do.” Manager unnie chuckled. It’s so funny that Youngji and her sister had similar expression when they’re shock.

“This kid..” Manager unnie pointed at Youngji, “was picking her nose unconsciously and sneezed so hard until her false eyelashes off. IN A BEAUTY PROGRAM!! How could she do that, haah?”

Youngji laughed so hard, remembering what’d happened at the studio this afternoon. She laughed so hard with her unique soundless laughter. While her sister who was almost choked with the chicken, laughed as well.

“You’re lucky it was not a live program, so they can edit it out. Geez… really youngji-ah!” Youngji’s manager shook her head.

“Yaa! You!” Song Yeon pinched Youngji’s cheek. “There are always limits for everything, including being dorky. And stop eating so much rice!” she scolded her little sister.

Youngji was still laughing.

“But, I think it’s what makes her famous for being cute, huh? Let me show this.” Manager unnie continued, then she looked up something on her cell phone. “Here, read this.”

Youngji and Song Yeon read the article. The article stated that iKON’s Hanbin admitted that Heo Youngji is his ideal type regard her fun and dorky personality. He said that he likes it when a girl knows how to be feminine, cute, fearless, and funny at the same time because he’d like to do crazy and dumb things with her together.

Youngji and her sister laughed together after reading the article which was posted three days ago.

“Ah, my sister is really something. Not because you are y or other physical reason, but because of your personality. ” Song Yeon said.

“But, I think it’s good to know that some men like you for your personality and state that they don’t really care about specific physical appearance. Those men will love you unconditionally, and that kind of relationship last longer than those based on physical reason relationship.” Youngji’s manager said.

Youngji frowned. “Wait a minute, unnie, Why do you talk about relationship? It’s not like I would date him.” she giggled.

“I’m just saying, Youngji-ah. When a person thinks that personality is more important than outer look in a relationship, whether it’s a romantic or friendship relationship, it means that it will be a sincere relationship. Because you can fix appearance but you can’t really change someone’s true personality.”

Youngji nodded. She got the point. Nowadays people tend to look at outer looks first than the personality in personality, well, even though the looks will always the first thing that people see, but still in the end of the day a relationship needs something more than skin deep.

“Have you met him?” Song Yeon asked Youngji.

“Yes, we met in a music program I was hosting to on January. And we talked a little bit at the backstage. I think he is a good guy and funny too.”

“I bet he is.”

The night was getting darker and they came out from the restaurant at exactly at 9 pm.

“Are you sure, you don’t want to join us?” Youngji asked her manager outside the restaurant while they’re walking toward the parking car. They had planned to grab some drink before going home.

“I don’t think I can join you guys. I need to do some work and tomorrow I have to go to the office early.” Youngji’s manager said.

“Well, that can’t be helped.” Song Yeon said.

“I’m going to pick you up at ten. Don’t wake up late.” She pointed at Youngji who was grinning and nodding vigorously. “Song Yeon-ah, please don’t let her drunk. We don’t want her to meet her duet partner with bloated and swollen eyes.”

“Unnie… Why would I have swollen face?” Youngji objected.

“Because you will cry for having no boyfriend.”

“Unnie~… I never do that!” Youngji laughed hard and shook her manager’s shoulder in protest.

“Ok, Unnie. I’ll take care of her.” Song Yeon said.

Youngji got onto her sister car and put on her seatbelt. Since each one of them would have schedule tomorrow, they decided to drink at Youngji’s apartment just in case they ended up drunk. They stopped by the convenient store to grab some cold drinks.

“Youngji-ah, do you like this one?” Song Yeon took out a can of beer from the fridge and showed it to Youngji.

Youngji took the silver-colored can from her sister’s hand, “I never tasted it. Is it a new brand?”

“Yes, it’s the new brand Jackson advertises. Don’t you know?”

“Really?” Youngji giggled, “why do I need to know everything related to Jackson, unnie?”

“I don’t know.” Song Yeon laughed, she admitted herself being absurd. “Let’s grab some, then. But take some of the usual brand we had, just in case they .”

------ O o O -------

Youngji opened her eyes slowly, trying so hard to adapt with the bright surrounding in her room. Her vision was blurry. Someone appearntly had opened the curtain widely. Half annoyed she got up and sat on her bed, dozing off, with her head down and her messy hair covered her face.

Her head felt heavy. They drank and talked until past midnight last night, and she definetly sure she was drunk last night. Because the last thing she remembered was her and her sister talked about overseas travelling, wedding, boyfriend, and that’s it. The other things after that was kinda blurry for her.

 Youngji yawned when suddenly her sister opened the door and stepped into her room with apron and spatula in her hand.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter