Friendzone

REPLY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngji grabbed her green towel from the couch and sat on the shiny hardwood floor in the corner of the dance studio. She wiped her sweaty face and arms, trying to catch a breath. She just had finished her dance practice which she regularly does twice a week. It's a mandatory from her company to keep her dancing skill. Besides, it's also one of the best ways to keep her body in shape.

"Youngji-ah, you did great today." Eunha, Youngji's coach said, "I think you were really born to dance."

"Really, Eonni?" Youngji smiled, proud, "Thank you."

Eunha sat beside Youngji, wiping her face as well. She had been Youngji's choreographer since Baby KARA days. She knew how dedicated and strong-willed Youngji was; always being positive and hard-working and never had she heard Youngji blurted out any whine. Truthfully, she was quite worried when KARA was disbanded, but Youngji proved to everyone even to her anti-fans that there's nothing in this world can stop her to achieve her dreams.

"Do you have any schedule after this?" Eun Ha asked.

Young Ji glanced the wall clock, it's 11.30 "Yes, Eonni," Young Ji answered, "I have this photo shoot with FIRST, we're going to do sport wear pictorial."

"Sportswear? It really fits your image, the healthy idol." Eun Ha lightly elbowed Young Ji.

Young Ji laughed. "I'm not an idol anymore, Eonni."

"You might not be an idol anymore, but trust me, a lot of male celebrities idolize you because of your healthy figure. I've worked with celebrities for so long, Young Ji."

Young Ji couldn't stop herself from laughing.

"Why are you laughing? I said the truth." Eun Ha said, "Some of my friends are actors and they talked about you after they watched your variety shows. They love your personality and want to know you better if they have a chance to meet you."

"Wow, really? I never knew people say that about me."

"What about you? Do you have any plan to know someone better?"

Young Ji thought, "Emm... I'd love to know about Park Shin Ye Sunbaenim if i have the chance."

Eun Ha shook Young Ji's shoulder, "Yaa... Young Ji-ah, I don't mean it's about sunbae and hoobae. I mean, do you have any plan to have boyfriend this year? or at least having a blind date."

Young Ji laughed. She actually knew what the conversation was about. "I don't think having a boyfriend is my priority now."

“Why not?" Eun Ha raised her eyebrows.

Young Ji didn't answer; she just smiled and pretended to be busy packing her things into her bag. Truthfully, she didn't really think about having boyfriend, or at least at the moment. Long time ago she had experienced a broken heart, and it was enough to make her think carefully every things related to guys and love.

"I don't know, Eonni. I just don't really think about it now."

"Have you experienced any broken heart?"

BINGO!

Young Ji laughed. "It's simply about work, Eonni. It has nothing to do with broken heart experience." Young Ji lied.

"But, you did fall in love before, right?!"

"Of course. When I was younger and stupid."

"And when you are adult and beautiful, you're too busy to have a boyfriend."

"Exactly!" Young Ji shouted. They laughed together.

Young Ji was about to get up when her manager called. She looked at the name in her phone screen. It's Ji-Yeon Eonni, one of manager in her company.

"Hello? Ji-Yeon Eonni?"

"Young Ji-ah, Where are you? Are you still in dance studio?"

"Yes. Why?"

"You have photo shoot with FIRST at three o'clock, right?! I'm going to accompany you there, Dongho Oppa is sick. Can you be ready at one?"

"Oh, okay! Will you pick me up at my apartment?"

"Yes."

"Ok, thanks Eonni."

"You really are a busy girl!" Eun Ha commented, "Ok, good luck girl." she added.

-----------------

Young Ji came out her of her bedroom and stopped in front of the mirror in her living room; it was a new mirror that her mom put on her wall a couple weeks ago. She stared at her reflection on the mirror, fixed her long burgundy hair. She was wearing a blue jeans short and simple white crop tee.

She sat on the couch, waiting for her manager to pick her up. She turned up the TV but turned it off again after a while. Then, she took out her cell phone from her bag, unlocked it then started scrolling up and down her Instagram feed when suddenly she remembered something. She opened her message then stared at the messages on her phone where Wang Jackson sent his messages to. She bit her lower lip.

Message 1

Hey, thank you for today. I really enjoyed our lunch together.

Ah, not just our lunch, but our conversation too.

I hope we can go for another lunch or dinner in the future.

And, I'm truly happy to see you after all these years,

Honestly, I really miss you

Ps. you looked super pretty today!

Message 2

Hi, what are you doing?

Message 3

Heo Young Ji! Why didn't you reply my text?

Message 4

Are you busy today?

Message 5

YAA!

Message 6

Are you okay?

Young Ji chuckled. She replied none of the messages, so she could imagine Jackson's face right away, he must be very upset. She knew it. Jackson is a type of person who needed to be answered right away when he sends messages or he will bomb you with more messages. She remembered when they were still in Roommate, Jackson texted her and she forgot to reply him for two days, Youngji had to follow him around trying to apologize for the whole day.

Youngji put her phone inside her pocket and determined to deal with any temper Jackson would show her later.

The doorbell rang and Young Ji knew it must be her manager, so she grabbed her bag and rushed to the door.

"Eonni.." Young Ji greeted after opened her door.

"Oh, you are ready?" Ji-Yeon asked, "Did you eat lunch?"

"No. I skip lunch today."

"Are you sure? You practiced this morning, right?"

"It's ok, I got my apple." Young Ji showed her apple in a plastic bag.

"Ok, let's go now."

In forty-five minutes they arrived in front of a two floor building. The gym is in the second floor while the first floor is the Pilates studio.

Youngji and her manager stepped into the second floor where they had set some lightning and other equipments. And they also made a closed area for changing and makeup room in the other side of the room.

She was about to sit down to get her makeup done when Jackson and his manager stepped into the room. Youngji was sure that Jackson actually saw her, but like she had predicted before, Jackson was mad at her.

Youngji watched Jackson who sat beside her from the mirror. He didn't greet her, didn't even look at her. Yup, he's definitely upset.

Young Ji changed her clothes into a black racer back workout vest that showed her and shoulder, grey yoga pants and blue running shoes, she had simple makeup and topknot slick and tight bun hairstyle. Young Ji loved her hairstyle because it showed her neck that made it looked longer.

Young Ji turned around when Jackson came out from the changing room. He wore a white hat that looked perfect together with her dark hair, a black jogger and grey men tank top that showed her toned arms.

Those toned arms were indeed an interesting view, that's why Young Ji looked away once she felt her face unexpectedly getting warm. She cupped her hands on her cheeks, patted them several times, and didn’t notice Jackson was staring at her.

The director then told them to meet a woman who will be a host for their tv interview after the photo shoot. The woman named, Im Jang Mi. She's a beautiful small lady with super high high-heels and black dress, her straight silky hair cut short.

"Hello." Jang Mi shook hand with Youngji and Jackson. She had such a beautiful smile. Her eyes shaped like crescent when she's smiling.

"I'm going to interview you both together after the photo shoot. Here is the questions." she handed them papers with questions in it. The questions were mostly about the products and their sport experience. "But maybe I'm going to ask other questions, just to elevate the mood."

"Ok, sure." Jackson replied. And after that the lady left to prepare the interview set with her crew.

"Jackson-ah," Youngji pulled Jackson's hand when he turned around.

The photo shoot was not started yet, the director, the photographer, and the crew were resetting the set because there were problem with the first one. So, Youngji thought she had enough time to talk to Jackson.

"Are you mad at me?" Youngji asked.

"Mad? Why?" Jackson answered after a pause for a second.

"Come on, Jackson," Youngji said, "You're mad at me because I didn't reply your messages, right?"

"No."

"You're lying."

Jackson gave his sharp gaze at Youngji. "I'm not angry, Heo Youngji. I just realize that I'm not important enough to get your reply."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Oh, you know what I mean."

"Jackson, did you remember what time you sent me those messages? At 2 in the morning."

"It's just because I'm too busy during the day."

"That's my point. You are busy during the day, I can't just innocently call or text you."

"Why not?"

That's the question even Young Ji didn't know the answer herself. So, she just stayed quiet and stood awkwardly in front of Jackson.

"It's okay Young Ji," Jackson said at last, "I am sorry, because I'm too selfish expecting you to talk to me in your rest time."

"That's not what I mean..."

"No, it's okay. I'm not angry." Jackson sat on one of the fitness equipment and started to read the questions on the paper Im Jang Mi, the host, gave earlier.

"You're not angry but you act cold toward me." Youngji mumbled.

"Ya, Youngji... i can hear that." Jackson said.

Youngji pouted, "Well, I'm sorry I didn't reply your texts. And I don't have any cheese right now."

Jackson laughed. He remembered when they were in Roommate, Youngji bought him bunch of cheese after she felt guilty telling him that he's short.

Youngji suddenly punched his shoulder.

"Ouch...what was that for?" Jackson winced, rubbing his shoulder.

"Just to make sure." Young Ji said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter