Birthday Present (Part 2)

REPLY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jackson was putting the plates he used before into the dishwasher when Youngji came out from her room with half wet face. She wiped her face using a small white towel in her hand while he was almost dropping the last plate in his hand watching how stunning Youngji was in her oversize white shirt and white cropped hot pants. Her burgundy hair had been pulled up into a messy bun, showing the nape of her neck with wet hair strands. He wasn’t really sure whether Youngji realized the situation or not. Didn’t she realize there’s a healthy and super well-built guy standing in her kitchen? And in addition, this guy had crush on her.

Youngji walked toward him, stopped in front of the water dispenser next to him and took a glass of water. Jackson could smell her floral scent while she was standing next to him. She took a sip of his water. Jackson walked away to the living room with mixed thought, even a simple act of her fluttered him.

“Are you going home?” Youngji asked.

Jackson turned around, looking at her. “Are you kicking me out?”

Dumbfounded, Youngji half yelling. “I’m not kicking you out.” Youngji pouting, a bit annoyed. “I’m asking. Why do you always get wrong idea for my words?”

“Sorry… sorry, Youngji-ah. I’m just kidding. You know it’s always fun to tease you.” Jackson said.

Youngji pouted, “I was about to offer you some drink.”

“Uhmn… I pass, thanks. I just wanna talk with you sober. Can we?” Jackson asked.

Youngji nodded and smiled widely showing her pearl white teeth, and Jackson swore, that was the cutest and iest smile of her today. “Okay. Let’s talk.”

Jackson followed Youngji sat on the couch. Youngji had arranged the couch in the way she could see straight outside through her wide glass window.

Jackson sat comfortably beside Youngji who held her knees while leaning deeply to the couch.

Through the glass window they were staring at the twinkling light outside from the light of cars and buildings. Jackson always loves that moment with her when they sat quietly side by side, looking at the same direction or things, so close until they could smell each other’s cologne without being awkward or uncomfortable even though they didn’t utter a single word.

Jackson turned his head, facing Youngji beside him. She looked gorgeous under the dim living room light, even without those faux eyelashes. He could see small scar on her forehead and guilty hit him back. He touched the scar carefully with his hand, but even he had tried to touch her carefully, this sudden move surprised her because Youngji reflexively pulled her head away from Jackson’s hand, leaving Jackson’s hand hanging in the air.

She smiled at him, took his hanging hand and put it on to his lap as if sending him message that she’s ok, and he shouldn’t worry about the scar. “It’s ok, Jackson.” She said, “You can stop saying ‘I’m sorry’ all the time.” Youngji said comforting him; somehow she could read what inside his head.

Jackson slid his hand and purposely put it as close as possible to her so he could at least touch her shirt. “Ok. I’ll stop saying sorry.” He said. “So, what is your next goal?” he continued. He was still looking at her.

“My life goal after this? Let's see.” Youngji asked, staring at the ceiling, thinking. “I would love to release another album. And then…ah!” She got up and turned her body until she’s facing him completely. Leaning her body toward him, Jackson could see sparks of excitement in her big eyes. “I want to go to the jungle. I’d like to go to a survival show like you. You went to Nicaragua right? In that ‘Law of The Jungle’ show.”

Jackson chuckled, seeing Youngji looked so excited with the idea of going to the jungle. “Are you sure? It’s hard.”

“Do you think I can’t survive?” Youngji winced, offended.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter