Mother and Son Talk

REPLY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thank you." Jackson said when a waitress put his Greek Salad and Smoked Salmon on his table. He looked out the window of the Café where he was having his breakfast this morning. It was drizzling outside.

It's in the middle of June. And it was raining. It was not too cold in Hong Kong so Jackson simply wore his black t-shirt, his blue jeans jacket and a pair of black skinny jeans, added by his black sneakers.

He was taking the last salad into his mouth when suddenly his phone rang.

"Hello, mommy?... Yes, I'm ok.... I'm having breakfast in a café near the office. Have you have breakfast?..... really? are you coming?.... I'll definitely go home after the meeting. Ok, I love you too."

Jackson opened his Kakaotalk chat group with members of GOT7

WangJ : Hey.. What are you guys doing?

WangJ : Hey.....

WangJ : Hey!

WangJ : YAA!!

WangJ : Are you guys still sleeping?

WangJ : WAKE UP!!!

Mark : SHUT UP, JACKSON!!

Bam2 : We're having breakfast

WangJ : Liar!

Bambam sent photo of his ramyeon bowl.

Bam2 : Hyung, when are you going to go home?

WangJ : I am home.

Bam2 : I mean, back here. to Seoul.

WangJ : tomorrow, I think. Why? Do you miss me?

Bam2 : No. bring me mantou

WangJ : BAMBAM!!

Mark : Shut up, Jackson!

WangJ : Shut up, Mark!

Bam2 : Hyung, bring me mantou

WangJ : I'm not buying you anything, Bambam

Yugyeom: Me too, hyung, and dumpling too

WangJ : you can buy them in korea

Mark : Shut up, Jackson!

Jackson was about typing his reply when his manager showed up. "Are you finished?" His manager asked.

"Yes," he answered, "are we going now?"

"Yes, we better go now. I hope everything's finished today. You can go back to Seoul tonight if we can finish this meeting today."

"I can't. My mom is visiting. She will come around dinner time."

"Really?" Jackson's manager surprised, "but you need to practice for next Sunday's show."

"But you said we'll go back to Seoul tomorrow. Please, hyung. I've promised my mom." Jackson tried to convince his manager, "I haven't even visited her since I was here ten days ago."

"Well, ok." His manager finally agreed, "but we're going home first flight tomorrow morning, ok."

"Ok."

Jackson grabbed his bag and slid his cell phone inside his jacket pocket. They walked quickly to the black van.

"You will have one photo shoot for their Summer Holiday Collection this morning," Jackson's manager told Jackson who was busy browsing her phone. "After that we're going to meet Mr. Lee and discuss about your next contract for the following year. We may have lunch together."

"It means I still have to go back and forth Seoul – Hong Kong until next year?" Jackson asked without taking his eyes out from his phone.

"Maybe. I think so."

Jackson secretly sighed. He put on his earphone and played his music playlist from his cell phone and closed his eyes. He needed sleep. He still had enough time to sleep before they arrived in the location of the photo shoot.

He actually never complained of anything, he did what he loves; sing, dance, entertain people, make people happy. But still, there was a time or two when he felt so sore doing all of these. There's a time when he needed to stay in his room doing nothing or just go back to his family and took a rest.

Jackson then opened his eyes. He thought too many things. He couldn't sleep. He opened his instagram account, checked his timeline and smiled on a post of a burgundy haired girl who is playing basketball in her white shorts and pink oversized t-shirt. Heo Youngji.

She always looks beautiful.

He clicked Direct Message symbol on the girl account and started to type.

Hi.. how are you? ERASED

Yo, you can play basketball? ERASED

Youngji, you're still beauti.... ERASED

Yah! Mushroom.. What’s happened with your hair?... ERASED

His thumb stopped over the phone screen. He stared at the phone screen, thinking about what he was going to say to Youngji in the Direct Message. It's been almost 5 years since the last time they met in a singing show called God's Voice. Honestly, he missed the time when they were in Roommate. He missed having those useless, annoying but yet fun bickering with her. He missed talking with her. He missed everything they did together 5 years ago.

Of course he once tried to contact her, but it was not easy. He didn't have enough courage or confidence to talk to her. He still remembered the scandal they had five years ago, just because of a single photo. The photo that’s showed how much he cares about her, photo that showed their friendship, photo that showed their true feeling.

Jackson remembered when Youngji's manager called him and told him how hard Youngji held on from those hate comments, insults, and bullying. She always smiles and is cheerful like nothing's bothering her, but I know she is sad. That's what her manager said.

He watched her in various show on TV or intentionally looked up for her on Youtube and Instagram. She always looked stunning, with her true self, her cheerful, crazy, yet lovely personality; never tried to be someone else.

My best friend, she is my best friend. She sees me as a best friend and i see her as a best friend. I care about her that's why I'm still thinking and checking her condition and I'm sure she does the same. Jackson kept saying to himself, convincing himself for the feeling he had toward Youngji for the last five years.

But, there's a side of him saying: best friend? Really, Jackson? What have you done when she needed a friend? Where are you when she stopped showing herself for weeks after KARA disbandment? Were you coming for her? You were too afraid to lose your fans, weren't you? How many times did you text her? Did you let her know that you still her friend?

"What's wrong, jackson?" Jackson's manager shook Jackson's shoulder.

Surprised, Jackson pulled off his earphone, "why hyung?"

Jackson's manager laughed, "Hey, that's my question? Why are you sighing? Are you thinking something?"

"Ugh? Nothing, I just... a little tired, I didn't get enough sleep last night."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course, hyung," Jackson chuckled, "I am sure."

"So, your mom will visit tonight?" Jackson's manager asked.

"Yeah, she texted me and said she packed a lot of food."

"Ah, lucky you."

"I'm the one who suppose to visit her. She's not really well and she travels to visit me. What kind of son am I?!" Jackson said while looking outside the window, somehow he felt guilty.

"You are busy, and your mom understands that. That's why."

"Is the photo shoot location still far?" Jackson asked after be quiet for several minutes.

"No," the manager answered, "we'll be there in five minutes."

Finally in six minutes they arrived in front of 3 floors studio building. Jackson walked into the building and welcomed by a petite lady who dressed very well; she wore a black legging and bubble mini sk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter