Mr. & Mrs. // Seungcheol

Seventeen Short and Simple Stories


gif credit


Back in grade school, that’s when we first met,
“You’re such a baby! I don’t like you at all!”, or at least that’s what I said.

Back in high school, that’s when it slipped,
your dimples were as deep as the ocean as you smiled after hearing the secret that I keep.

Back in college, that’s when you left.
With only one thing of yours in my possession that I still kept.

When I started working, people have teased:
“Hey Mrs.! Where’s the Mr.?” but I held my peace.

And even years after, people have kept asking
why I’m still wearing it when it’s definite that I’m waiting for nothing.

But now, today, the ring is no longer
And people have stopped asking about the ring’s true owner.

For in place of it is a promise that will bind us together,

Seungcheol stood in front of you, all donned up, standing dashingly in his black suit. He had his signature smile on, the one that held you captive the first time you saw him. It was the same smile he had – though this one was much happier – when he learned about how you really felt for him. And although he held your hand tightly in his, you felt a small laugh coming as you realized that his hands were slightly cold and shaking.

“Thank you for making me the happiest man ever,” he said softly, his eyes studying you with utmost warmth and affection.

You gave his hand a light squeeze and chuckled. “You’re still a baby though?”

“Hey,” he tugged your hand lightly, his lips forming to a pout. “I don’t always do that anymore. And you’re married to me now so,” he smiled, this time slightly mischievously, as he pulled you near him, “you’d have to deal with it until death. You know that right?”

All those years of passing through long roads and going around in circles have vanished. What matters is the now, the tomorrow, and all the years to come that you’ve promised to spend with him and him with you. “I do.”

this new ring, a new witness to our journey towards forever.