No Pen // Seungcheol

Seventeen Short and Simple Stories

gif credit


The rustling of the leaves, the engines of one or two cars passing by, a voice calling out to customers from across the road; the street you were walking on was relatively calm and peaceful all except one. At a quaint store nearby was a small crowd of fans holding small placards in their hands while some waved small posters towards the store’s window with their backs against you.

You stood on your toes, craning your neck to see who it was. You listened but all you could hear was ‘he’s so handsome’, 'I love your movie’, and 'marry me’.

A man came out and asked the fans to make way and keep order as a couple of restricted squeals and soft proclamations of love escaped from their mouths. Then there he was the cause of all this commotion.

He stepped out confidently, the soft light of the morning sun kissing his skin each step he took. His lips were curved into a smile. His eyes even sparkled with delight. He waved at his fans and posed for photos, greeting them and even signing things they held out for him. He stopped in front of you and gave you a smile. “No pen?” he asked. His eyes landed on the already forgotten phone in your hand and took it. “Let’s take a picture then.”

He held it at arm's length, leaning close as he posed for a photo. Click! He studied the photo, nodding in acknowledgment before handing it back to you and smiled. “Take care of it okay?”

“Go home safely!” he said as he waved goodbye to his fans from his car, the fans echoing his words. And that was the day you found out who he was and fell for the actor Choi Seungcheol.