Lee Sang Eun

Unexpected Love

AN: Sorry for posting so late. I've had this typed for weeks, but life happened and got me down a bit. Never fear though, I am still writing! Hope you enjoy the chapter. :) If you have read this chapter before. I have added something new to it at the end.


Today is the day.

 

Why did I agree to this double date? I thought as I stared into the mirror.

 

The outfit was simple, yet nice. Just a pair of skinny jeans and a nice fitted top. Nothing showing. My makeup done light, like I like it. My hair, well its straight and down.

 

I probably don't even look like im going on a date. Somewhere maybe. Date no.

 

I look at the clock and see that it is almost time. I walk downstairs and hear cat calls from Seul Tae and mom.

 

Dad looks me over. "Alright you can go."

 

I raised my eyebrow. "I can go?"

 

"Your outfit is fine. You can go on your date." Dad clarified.

 

I rolled my eyes and laughed.

 

My mom walked over to me. "Ehhh leave her alone." She pulled some hair out of my face. "You look beautiful dear."

 

"Thanks mom." I smiled and then turned and walked out the door.

 

Before closing it I heard Seul Tae tell me to have fun. I just shake my head.

 

Fun. Right. Lets see if that happens. I sighed. I was still unsure about going on the date, but I was already dressed to go and I promised Eunmi.

 

My feet carried me to the restaraunt. I stood outside a moment wondering if I should go in or not. Of course I went in and found Eunmi and her date. Only for them to see me and look guilty.

 

He wasn't gonna show. I knew it.

 

"Let me guess. He's gonna be a no show."

 

"I'm sorry Sang Eun. I didn't think he would."

 

Her date interruped her. "He didn't do it on purpose." He looked at me. "And besides I can tell you how you can dress to impress him next time." Eunmi smacked him upside the head. "Owww what was that for?"

 

"How about this . If no one likes the way I look they can go thmeselves because I am who I am. I don't need anyone telling me how I need to dress and be like to impress someone." I ranted and turned to Eunmi. " Sorry Eunmi." I walked away. I knew it would happen. It always does. I went to my spot at Han River and sat down.

 

I am not gonna cry.

 

I knew I would. I knew the tears would slide down my cheeks.

 

It hurt.

 

What was wrong with the way I was dressed and on top of that I was stood up.

 

I kept hearing whispers all around me.

 

I shut my eyes. I just want to be left alone.

 

Hours soon passed as I stared at the sky.

 

My phone had vibrated in my pocket a few times. I didn't want to look, but I knew I was gonna look at them sooner or later.

 

Texts from Eunmi.

 

I opened the texts.

 

Eunmi: Please tell me you are okay?

Eunmi:Please!

Eunmi:  Hyunwoo said he was sorry and it slipped out...Well after I yelled at him.

Eunmi:  Sangeunah please answer.

 

I sighed and texted back that I was fine. I immediately got a reply back.

 

Eunmi: Good and don't be mad but that guy texted Hyunwoo and asked for your number and I gave it to him.

 

She what. Why?

 

Before I could reply back I got a message from a number I didn't know, but i'm guesing was him. I opened it curious at why he wanted my number and what he wanted.

 

Text: Hi. You don't know me and I apologize for getting your number this way. My name is Yongguk and I was supposed to be your date tonight. I apologize something came up and I didn't mean to stand you up. I would like to make it up to you if that is okay with you. -Mr. Hopeful, Yongguk

 

He does seem sincere.

 

Should I?

 

While debating my phone went off again. It was him.

 

Text: I promise i'm not a creeper.

 

I finally decided to text back.

 

Text: Hi Mr. Hopeful yet not a creeper Yongguk. My name is Sangeun and to be honest I really hope you are sincere because I really don't want to feel stupid about agreeing to this...But I'll accept the apology and I'll agree to let you make it up to me. - Ms. Stupid Sangeun

 

I sent the message.

 

I feel stupid, but something inside told me that I should give him a chance. Hope its right.

 

Sighing, I received another text message. This time it was Seul Tae.

 

Text: Sang Eun I know you’re on a date, but it’s a 713...

 

713...that could mean only one thing with Seul Tae  it’s about a guy and with that it’s probably has everything to do with Youngjae, her first love. I thought and quickly dialed Seul Tae.