Lee Seul Tae

Unexpected Love

Intro: Lee Seul Tae

As usual my alarm goes off an hour before work starts to give myself time to get ready because my family says I take 30 minutes to get ready, but let’s not get into that. Anyway I work at Seoul Hospital as a full time Registered Nurse in the pediatrics department. My shift consists of a regular 8 hour shift. Sometimes I would do overtime for 2 hours but I can’t complain because what I love about my job is meeting different kids from all walks of life.

I’ve been working in Seoul Hospital for 3 years now and have met the most wonderful day shift crew I can ever work with. They have been with me from the day I got hired till now there like my second family makes the work day go by so quick knowing that you got great people working by your side.

As I finished my 20 minute shower another 10 to get dressed in my already prepared Frozen character scrub top with black scrub pants and neatly tie my hair up. Did my usual last minute check before heading downstairs to eat breakfast: work badge, phone charger, purse, oh and most importantly my phone I can never ever forget that so I grab my cell phone from my bed side and headed downstairs.

As I walk towards the kitchen I can already hear my family having a friendly morning conversation between appa and Sang Eun, my youngest sister, she’s just teasing appa about who will make sure the family eats the most important meal of the day. Of course I come in making with my outgoing self, "Well someone has to or else everyone will run off without eating."

My sister proves her point very well me and appa sometimes forgets to eat breakfast before heading off to work. Appa works also at Seoul Hospital as a maintenance director for our Engineering department the reason why we both go to work together. Appa also has very good coworkers that have been there for him since he started after I was born and that’s how I got the job as a nurse. Appa is a very hard working and down to earth I really admire him and he’s the jokester of the family so there is never a dull moment in the house. My mom is a full time mother and loving wife a very strong woman me and Sang Eun couldn’t ask for a better mother she’s one of a kind.

Lastly my dongsaeng Sang Eun, she’s been through all my ups and downs. I’ve had friends that come and go and how can I forget the time when I needed her the most was when YoungJae left me, my first love. Sang Eun was at my side every time I needed a good cry, she’s the reason I became the person that I am today. With the support of my parents, my family is the reason I keep going in life I’m very blessed to have them.

I sat down next to appa eating my already prepared breakfast, since I was the last one to finish getting ready and enjoying yet another joke from him. As me and appa prepare to leave omma hands appa his lunch with a goodbye kiss while dongsaeng hands me mine. We say our goodbyes as we head off to work.

My work shift begins with a brief meeting with night shift of updates about the patient in our list. After taking quick notes in my nursing notebook that I keep with me always I go ahead and start on my first patient. I can’t believe how fast 5 hours has pass by its already time for lunch me and my coworkers take our long awaited lunch break and as always we share each other’s lunch. We can’t help but talk about k-pop because it’s one of the main reasons we became close, besides for the love of being a pediatric nurse.

Alex: Seul Tae, there is this band that debut in 2012 but have been in the k-pop industry for 4 years *looks through her phone* B.A.P I think is there name.

Rachel: Oooo they sound awesome *looks through her phone*

As the girls and I finish up our lunches and talking about this k-pop group named B.A.P we head back to work, but I can’t help think that I should look into this group.

One more hour to go till my shift ends. As I was getting to wrap up along with Alex and Rachel I was asked by our head nurse to do 2 hours of overtime which gives me enough time to do my nursing documentations correctly. I call appa telling him that I will have Sang Eun pick me up when my 2 hours are up so he can go home ahead of me.

After my 2 hours with enough time to double check my work the head nurse and thanks me for my hard work and I leave. Just in time to see my sister at the front of the hospital waiting for me. As she drives off she tells me about her day which I love hearing about. Of course she remembers to buy me my favorite green tea frapp with whip cream from Starbucks. I love her very much because I don’t have to ask her buy it for me for she has such a good and loving heart any guy that hurts her in future would have to go through me.

Me and Sang Eun just arrived in time for dinner. After dinner Sang Eun helps mom clean up the dishes while I prepare for another work day. I take a quick shower and off to bed. I wonder what kind of day awaits me tomorrow as I lay in bed waiting for sleep to come.