Lee SeulTae

Unexpected Love

Another day at work, strangely I didn't get a morning text from YoungJae, but moving forward into my day I was greeted by my two besties with my fave breakfast sandwich and Macha Frappe handed to me. After having our breakfast and talking about my date with YoungJae which of course had lots of "aw" moments we all start our work day. Today is Adrian's surgery so I prepare all the necessary materials needed. After getting the materials I head into his room and was greeted by  Youngwon Oppa and Cindy Unnie.

 

SeulTae: Annyeong Oppa and Unnie!

Cindy: Hello SeulTae sshi how was your date with my brother-in-law?

 

I go straight into prepping up Adrian while answering to Cindy Unnie.

 

SeulTae: he treated me like a princess is all I can say and I know he's doing everything he can to make up for what he did and I really love him for that.

Youngwon: I would understand why he would.

 

I looked at him as he continues.

 

Youngwon: He called me that day 4 years ago saying how very heartbroken he was for what he did to you and that he would train very hard just so he can see you again. And when he found out from your parents that you went to the US to do your studies there he really was devastated, so all the more he worked even harder to be where he is today.

 

This just confirms everything YoungJae said last night to me, which I am very glad for.

 

SeulTae: Thank you for that Oppa. I will also keep in mind of the things you both told me to persevere when it starts getting hard.

 

They both smiled at me.

 

Adrian: Unnie, do you love my uncle?

 

I smile at the 10 year old boy.

 

SeulTae: I do *pats his head* very much.

 

While prepping up and checking Adrian's vitals and having small talk with Youngwon Oppa and Cindy Unnie, YoungJae arrives.

 

Adrian: Uncle YoungJae!

YoungJae: hey little man, you ready for today.

Adrian: I am *looks at SeulTae* SeulTae unnie talked to me and made me feel not scared.

 

YoungJae looks at me.

 

YoungJae: see! I told you she would take good care of you. *winks at SeulTae and looks at her* sorry I was late, I was in a meeting with our manager and CEO.

SeulTae: *smiles* no worries I'm just glad you came before he went in surgery, and you do owe me for not texting me this morning.

YoungJae: right, about that.....can we talk?

SeulTae: sure, after I bring Adrian to the surgery room.

YoungJae: I'll meet you at the rooftop garden.

SeulTae: *smiles at him* ok

 

After bringing Adrian to the surgery room I told Youngwon Oppa and Cindy Unnie to wait for Adrian at the waiting room next to the surgery room. I made my way to the elevator to go up to the rooftop garden. I arrived and see YoungJae just staring out into the city. I give him a back hug to let him know I'm there and he holds my hands.

 

SeulTae: *smiles in hug* so...what did you want to talk about?

 

YoungJae turns around while holding my hands and looks at me.

 

YoungJae: There's something you should know about me.

SeulTae: Ok?

YoungJae: remember I told you I got in with 5 other guys after my training?

SeulTae: uh huh?

YoungJae: *sighs* I'm in a KPop band called B.A.P

SeulTae: that's great! I will always support you and your members. But more for you of course *laughs*

YoungJae: *half smile and sighs* I was with a meeting with the CEO of our company and along with our manager. There's already a dating scandal about me, I'm thankful that it's just an article and no pictures.

I had a strong feeling in me that this how it will be dating a KPop Idol; sometimes Alex's ranting about Kpop Idols isn't so useless after all....and this is one of the things she mentions when your dating a kpop idol there is bound to be a dating scandal about that celebrity and what's worst is that sometimes they will be paired with another idol who's much better suited for them.

I bite my lip not knowing what to say and I just continue listening to what he has to say.

 

YoungJae: the company is working on having the article removed. *looks at Seul Tae in her eyes* so our relationship will remain a secret.

SeulTae: *nods* this is hard for me to process, but I do understand everything, but I'm scared of letting it happen again.

 

A/N: A song recommendation to listen while reading this next part is from my fave all time KDrama Descendants of the Sun; You Are My Everything by Gummy (English Ver.) You Are My Everything (English Version)

I pull away from YoungJae and stare out into the city. Deep down I really want this to be the normal couple kind of thing, going out on walks, having a picnic at the park, having fun at amusement parks and taking funny picture together. I feel the tears coming and took a shaky breath.  I can feel YoungJae walk up behind me.

 

YoungJae: Princess? please say something.

 

I can't face him right now I'm on the verge of tears and I can't let him see me like this.

 

SeulTae: looks like we can't do what every couple does without it being an article written about it *tears fall and starts crying* this will be easy for you because you got your company to take care of it, but what about me? I will be compared to a celebrity that's probably more beautiful and prettier than me.

 

YoungJae: *in his thoughts* that's what SangEun meant when she said to do more than promise her with words. I have to not only promise SeulTae, but protect not just her heart also her whole being from breaking down again.

Princess please look at me. *sad tone* please.

 

SeulTae turns around and is now crying her whole heart out, not only because of her conflicting feelings about this whole dating a kpop idol, but all her insecurities exposed to the one person that she loves the most.

 

YoungJae's POV

I can't believe she feels that way, she's the most beautiful person inside and out. That's why I call her My Princess, she's the most kindest person inside and out; I fell in love with her because of how she takes care of other people around her. When I look at her eyes I see the most wonderful and beautiful soul that she is. I feel myself running to her and holding her while she cries in my arms and realizing now that she's everything to me. I don't know what this feeling is but I see myself spending the rest of my life with her.........My Princess. Both of us not saying a word speaks a lot with how we feel towards each other. Then I hear SeulTae speak.

 

SeulTae: YoungJae, I love you so much but I'm scared. *hugs him tightly crying*

YoungJae: *continues to hug her* I am scared too, you mean so much to me SeulTae *cries* I will do everything to protect you. I'm scared to lose you, I don't know what I will do if you leave me again.

SeulTae: *pulls away a bit and looks at YoungJae* I also feel the same way about you *hold his face* at first I was scared to give my whole heart to you thinking that you would hurt me again. *cries* Now, I'm ready *looks in his eyes* to give it all to you.......because you are my Prince and also my knight that will protect my heart. I love you YoungJae with all my heart *smiles through tears* and I know we will both get through this together. We both might not be able to do what other couples do publicly and that's ok with me as long as were both protecting not only our relationship but also our loved ones.

 

YoungJae's POV

Not only does she care about our love for each other, but also to protect her family and also my loved ones. This is one of the things that makes her beautiful in my eyes. As I look at her I hold her tight in my arms and give her a kiss. A kiss that reveals all of what we feel without words.

 

YoungJae: *pulls away front the kiss and looks at SeulTae and smiles* we will get through this together along with the people that we both know who will support our love no matter what.

SeulTae: *smiles* let’s go we got a little man waiting for his favorite uncle and unnie.

 

SeulTae and YoungJae walked in together at Adrian’s room to see him awake and eating with oppa and unnie. YoungJae greets his nephew and I let go of his hand.

 

SeulTae: *kisses his cheek* I’m back to my nursing duties I gotta check with his surgeon how it all went.

YoungJae: alright princess  I’ll see you in a bit. *quick kiss and smiles*

 

After going over with the surgeon how the surgery went I report back to Adrian’s room and inform unnie and oppa along with YoungJae that he will be discharged by the end of the week for him to recover quickly.

 

Youngwon: Thank you so much SeulTae for taking care of Adrian for us.

SeulTae: *smiles* no problem I feel like he’s also my nephew *looks at YoungJae and smiles*

Cindy: I hear wedding bells in the future for you both

 

Both SeulTae and YoungJae blushes.

 

SeulTae: *looks at YoungJae* I’ll just take care of last minute things before my shift ends.

YoungJae: I’ll wait for you here princess.

 

And just like that evening arrives and gather all my things from the locker room I share with Rachel and Alex. I told them YoungJae will bring me  home and said our goodbyes. I head back to Adrian’s room and can hear oppa talking to YoungJae while unnie is taking care of Adrian.

 

SeulTae: I’ll see you tomorrow my favorite patient

Adrian: see you tomorrow Unnie and thank you for taking care of me today.

YoungJae: bye hyung and  unnie I’ll take SeulTae home.

 

Me and YoungJae say our goodbyes to oppa and unnie we both head down to the parking basement; were both in the car now and headed out, I noticed him not going to our usual route to my house.

 

SeulTae: where are we going my love?

YoungJae: we’re going on a surprise date *holds my hand* 

SeulTae: a surprise date? How exciting *laughs*

YoungJae: *his thoughts* even in just these small moments of your happiness my princess I’m more happy doing them in secret, just to see you smile like this.

 

20 minutes outside of the city YoungJae takes me to a cafe with the view of the ocean at night. After getting our drinks we both head out to walk along the shore.

 

SeulTae: what a lovely night, I’m so glad you took me here. Just like our first date in high school.

YoungJae: when I saw you on our school trip to Sokcho; that you were walking by yourself at the shore and how relaxed you were I knew you loved being near the ocean.

SeulTae: Yes *smiles* there’s just something about it that calms me. *wraps arms around YoungJae’s neck and looks at him* I love you and thank you again for this surprise.

YoungJae: your welcome princess, anything to see you smile. *kisses SeulTae tenderly*

 

We spent the rest of the evening in each other’s arms and staring out into beautiful evening ocean. YoungJae arrives at SeulTae’s place and walks her up to the front door.

 

SeulTae: this is me. Thank you for the wonderful evening.

YoungJae: *holds her hand* good night princess *kisses* I’ll text you when I arrived to our dorm.

SeulTae: ok good night my prince.

 

YoungJae waits until SeulTae goes in her house before he heads back to his dorm.