Lee Sang Eun

Unexpected Love

Another day, another afternoon hanging out with my friend, Eunmi.

"Sang Eun ah." Eunmi started.

I looked up at her. "Hmm?"

"You doing anything tomorrow night?"

"Just my usual. Why?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Because I had a date, but he suggested before I could, a double date."

"Wait let me guess you want me to go on this double date?"

Eunmi nodded her head, causing me to groan, "Eunmiii."

"Oh come on Sang Eun live a litte. Its one date.  Who knows he could be the one for you."

"I'll think about it." I said, which in turn Eunmi pouted. "I'll let you know tonight."

"Promise?" She asked holding out her pinky.

I nodded and hooked my pinky with hers. "Promise."

"Good." Eunmi Smiled. "I'll let them know its a yes."

"Eunmiii." I whined.

Eunmi giggled. "Oh come on you know it will be a yes."

"Fine. Its a yes, but just this once." I huffed.

Eunmi replied, "All it takes is one time."

She had a point. I couldn't deny that.

Eunmi looked at me as she set her phone down. "You know i'm right."

I rolled my eyes. "Yes I know."

Smiling, she said. "It will be tomorrow at 6 at our favorite BBQ resturaunt."

I nodded my head. "Alright. I'll be there."

"And i'll remind you no worries."

After thinking a moment, a thought came to me. A girly thought. What was I gonna wear I mean Ihave clothes. Nice clothes, but still.

"Need help with an outfit?"

Looking at her, I pointed. "You know me to well."

"And you know me to well." Eunmi then stuck her tongue out, which I responded back, causing us to laugh.

I stood up and smiled at Eunmi. "Well lets go and at least pick out the outfit, so I don't have to rush last minute and get yelled at by you."

Eunmi laughed. "Nehhhh."

We went back to my house and looked in my closet. Surprisingly we found a simple yet cute outfit. One that doesn't show my tattoos, yet not suffocating like how my nice clothes make me feel. I smiled, but yet thoughts still flowed in my mind.

That night, I did my usual. I walked into the darkness with people staring and saying little things they think I can't hear. I sighed as I reached my destination and sat down. My eyes looked out onto Han River. So pretty. So peaceful. I love the way the moon light hit the water making it shine. It was center stage to this town when it did that. Or at least to me it was.

Of course everyone has different opinions. The whispers I learned to ignore, sometimes. Today isn't one of those days I guess.  Thoughts of why go on a double date, when they find out this simple fact about me and agree with others opinions about me when they don't know me.

On the other hand, why not go and try. Not everyone is the same and you can't judge someone just because of other people surrounding them. I don't know this person, so who knows he may be as Eunmi said the one.

 

I guess I'll just have to find out tomorrow, I thought as I looked at the water moving against the breeze.