The hug that come to late

Hana Yori Dango Finale

The sun made its appearance in the cloudy sky. Sun and clouds fought an imaginary battle, to determine which would rule the skies today. The clouds won, but the sun considered with references to its position in the sky (so it could make it self visible). A couple of sun rays managed to escape among the busy clouds, they landed against the gigantic room that was paint in shades of white. The first ray directly against Umi's face interrupting her deep sleep. She lifted her arm and placed her hand on her face trying to hide from the light and its warmth. But the damage was already done, she was awoken. Her eyes refused to open and her mind to enter back to reality, for few seconds. But in the end the bright room was unbearable, so she had to open her eyes.

She tilted her head towards the west, were light seemed less shiny. She noticed it was the area where the armchair lay, and a tall slender figure was resting. Suddenly, the sun rays busted with force against the west side. The darker part of the room lightened up, making the view golden than ever. Although, it hurt her eyes. She refused to turned away from the dazzling view. She wasn't sure if she had ever seen something so beautiful ever in her whole life. How could a person sleep so peaceful and so vivid at the same time? She linger for longer time against the the sleeping man across the room for long time.

She dropped her gazed, immediately upon his rapid movement. If it was the brightness, or the stares that awoke him, Umi couldn't say. Though, he also refuse to retreat from his lunar dream, to an unknown reality. The young girl, finally came to agreement with herself and lifted her upper body up. Her bruises released a dull pain that would come and go, depending on her body shifts. She decided to ignore it and slowly climbed out of the covers. She stood up yawning and stretching, denying last nights events to ruin her day. Though, the eerie feeling hid itself in the back of her mind.

"Morning! Doing better?" a low tone voice asked her.

Umi was taken by surprise, as she turned and found the dazzling man sitting up the chair. She wasn't sure when he awoke fully. But he seemed to be already fresh to go. How did he do that, Umi couldn't answer that either. She decided to ignore her inner questions and respond to the man.

"Hanazawa Rui!" she reacted awing even herself. "Good Morning! Yes! A lot better! And you?"

Rui felt his muscles aching, as he also stretched his figure. Sleeping against the armchair wouldn't rest your body exactly. He rose his left eyebrow, as he heard his name. Slowly his mind made him recall last nights events. Today, they would have a lot to discuss. Though, for now it could wait.

"It could be better!" he answered, making Umi feel some remorse that she ended sleeping on his bed.

"You wanted me to sleep in you bed! See now!" she commented, as she caught herself talking normally to the man she vowed that she would hate for ever.

"Ah! so!" he ironically answered with a serious face but warmer gaze "I should let you sleep against the cold ground then."

Umi nodded "You could do that! It's your bed after all!" Her wicked sparkle would come to life but Rui's presents was so dazzling it could not let it to evolve.

Rui turned and stepped closer in frond of Umi. Facing the 'wicked' girl he lean closer and closer, almost pumping his face against her. Umi dropped her gaze at once. Her cheeks became redder. Her heart skipped again few bits. She wasn't sure what was happening to her. Why she would act like those fan girls. 'To close...why is he so close'

Rui chuckled. He found it bizarre (and a bit entertaining), that the once 'wicked' girl would lose her words. He could do that all day. But he choose to let the poor girl breathe. "Maybe, I didn't want to be slapped again!" he noted, knowing it would fire her up.

"Huh!" she yipped "You deserved every inch of that slap!" Umi shyness withdraw and she rose her gaze to meet with his. She awaited to deal with one more cold look. But, she was wrong. Since last night, there were so many looks that Rui's eyes took. But none was cold.

Rui took a step forward, only to cause Umi to do the same. That happened again and again, until her feet tapped the bed side. He leaned a bit close again. Umi arched her back to avoid the close contact. "Did I?" Rui played with her confused emotions a bit more. He was sure if he kept it going, they would end up in a worse fight.

Enough, was enough. The play time was over, he would leave the girl alone. As he stepped back, Umi' balance was lost. She tried to avoid the fall, and grabbed against Rui's arm. She caused Rui to loose his balance too. He unwilling threw himself against Umi, and they both crushed against the bed. Umi fall first, and Rui landed on top of her. Her left arm above her head. With Ruis arm holding it, as he was trying to keep his body weight up, so he wouldn't crush her. His face closer than ever against her. And the rest of his body resting against Umi's. The eyes met, and time froze.

And as they thought that things, couldn't get worse. The bedroom door opened and an older man made his way inside. He pause at the view. He cough once only to announce his entrance. Rui looked at the man and astonished called out "Dad?!" He was the last person he waited to see there. His dad (due to work responsibilities) wasn't home mostly. Rui growing with a strict father, girls were never spotted around his personal room. Rui jumped up and dragged Umi with him.

All three were astound (each for the own reason.) His dad, because he just found his son on top of a girl. 'Rui, with a girl. Alone in his room. Rui on top of a girl!' he thought as he stared at both of them. Rui, because he was just busted in the most embarrassing way by his dad. As for Umi, it was the first time she came across with someone as powerful as Hanazawa-san, and they met in the worst way.

"Good Morning! Let's have breakfast! Half an hour downstairs." his dead announced and had already left. After of course he gave few glares at Rui.

Umi gave a light bowed and greeted the man. And then she sought a hiding place behind Rui, to avoid eye contact. Her bad luck was back again.

Rui agreed and closed the door behind him. He lean against the door and almost hit his head on the wooden frame of the door. He would curse but his father was only few steps away. Then he walked up to Umi "Your clothes are inside the bathroom. The personal clean it. Go change!" he explained at her as he started looking for something in the narrow space behind them.

Umi sighted. She wanted just to leave that place. Those things were far from her leak. "I better go! You already are in trouble.!" she spoke her mind out.

Rui found what he was looking and stepped closer "You do not get it! We are both in the same trouble. You are coming with!" he gave her a bag he had just found "If my father said breakfast. Declining that offer isn't possible. Go change!"

Umi made her way to the bathroom to change. She noted though that from yesterday's clothes was missing her top. After all it was ripped. Rui shirt was white and too transparent to wear down. She turned to ask Rui "My top. I cannot come down with this!"

Rui pointed at the bag. "That's why I gave you the bag. Wear what is inside." he informed her.

She opened the bag. Inside was a silk shirt black, with lace layers. She took it out. Her eyes were stacked. Umi never wore anything too expansive and elegant as that shirt. The price label was still on it. '$2000' her eyes widened as as she converted it in yen. "220000 Yen! Are you kidding me! I cannot accept this!" she yelled so loud.

"Sash! You wear this, we have no other option." he made it clear.

Umi, that let her wicked aura surround her again. She was pissed now. She went into the bathroom and close the door behind her. She changed as she was mumbling "How does he dare to order me around? He is too much?" and more gibberish words, until she was dressed. The shirt was from a famous brand. She wanted to keep it. But it was too expansive. She fixed her hair, as much as she could and walked out the bathroom.

Rui scanned her from top to toe. She was looking okay. "That would do, only!" he said and rushed towards her and turned her around.

"What are you doing?" Umi asked confused, as she felt him lifting her hair up and forming a ban.

"That looks much better! Let's go!" he told her.


Hanazawa Mansion was an enormous place. It was not as huge as Domyoji's Mansion, but still you could get lost there. She followed Rui downstairs. Umi looked around, every corner would astonish her. She remain close as possible to Rui. She hated it when she was walking to unfamiliar grounds. 'What was she even doing in a place like that!' Rui glanced over his shoulder to note if she was following. He had noticed her strange looks. And couldn't avoid to smile.

They reached downstairs. Inside a gigantic room that was placed a long table. She had seen once a table like that when she eat once at Makino's place with Yuki. The table was set for breakfast. The cutlery was ready, the plates, coffee, juices and everything else. Rui's father was sitting at the top of the table and two more sits were waiting for them. One on his left and one on the right. Rui walked at the right side and pulled the chair. He waited for Umi to take a seat. Then he sat at the other side of the table.

Umi gazed at the forks at the table. Why were there more than one. It was only breakfast. She was lost gazing at them. That she didn't noticed the girl that was asking her what she wanted to drink."Eh! Some coffee is fine!" she said and went back gazing at the forks. She thought and thought, and decided she would wait the others to start eating. She could see which fork did Rui used and she would do the same. It couldn't be that hard.

"So, Rui who is your lovely friend?" his father ask as gazed at the lost girl. But he surely looked different from Makino and Todo. That raised more questions. His son never ended up so close with both of the girls, and the old man was sure that he was in love with both of them.

Umi lifted her gaze, blushed as she was noticed by his father. 'This won't be a silent dinner' "Nakashima Umi. Nice to meet you!" she introduced herself.

"She is a friend. Things happened and I let her stay here." Rui explained shortly. He wouldn't give any farther explanation to his father. It has been years now that he stop explaining himself.

His father nodded and sipped some of his orange juice. "Nakashima-san, are you studying?" his dad asked.

Umi knew it, she would have to answer too many questions. She hated that. "Business and finance in Waseda." she gave a short answer. Rui tilted his head. He never imagined Umi to have choose such a major.

"Sounds interesting. But must be a difficult one. Which year?" Rui's father kept asking.

Umi looked at Rui who was about to grab his fork. She paused and waited to see which on he would pick up. Rui noticed her and cracked a smile. He let his finger run fork after fork, confusing Umi. She sighted and decided to grab any fork and try some of the cheese-pie, before she answered. "2nd year. I have two more years until I finish!" she told him.

"And what next. Have you thought what you will do after?" he asked again as he laughed. He never remembered Rui to do any teasing in the table. He was always shut down when ever they eat together.

Umi nodded "Master in Accounting and Business Law"

Rui paused and looked at her. She really had thought it through. That amazed him in a way. He only followed the path that his father had chosen for him. His father also noted the young girl. "Are you going to take over your parents businesses?"

"My parents!?" Umi blinked "No, no! I plan to find work here in Tokyo. Nothing to do with my parent's work."

"What do you parents do?" the old man kept asking questions.

Umi placed her fork down and gazed at Rui's fathers. "My father works as an accounter in a small company and my mother is a cashier. We are middle class people Hanazawa-san! As you have noticed." Umi honestly told the man. She didn't know why, but she simply talked with that old man. She didn't had to hide anything.

It even confused Rui. How was told that Akira had arrived, and went to get him. He forgot to tell Akira that he should also be in their talk. He, Umi, Yuki and the others had to talk about yesterday's incident. He excused himself and walked out the room leaving Umi alone with his father.

"So you are a friends of Rui's?" his father asked with a friendlier tone.

"In a way. Thanks to Makino and Domyoji, we know each other. Honestly, I am not sure. If I am a friend. Rui helped me yesterday... more liked saved me. It wasn't save to go home. So I ended up sleeping here. I am Really sorry for that!" Umi responded saying the truth. She wasn't sure why she would even bother to explain herself to that man.

Rui's father was confused. "Yeah, Todo-san was Rui's close friend. (real close) And Makino too. And all though he thought them more than friends. He never let anyone stay in his personal space. Nakashima-san, he surely will think you at least as a friend." his father analyzed.

"Hanazawa-san, not really." she responded. There was not possibility that Rui would see her as a friend. They were hating each other few days ago. And only yesterday they could sit and have a more normal discussion. That doesn't make you friends. Then Umi got curious about things she never got "More than friends?" she titled her head.

"Rui was madly in love with Todo for years. But she never thought him that way. So they never ended up together. And when he managed to get over his first love he fell in love with Makino. Well as you know that didn't go neither good. When it comes to love Rui is the one that had lost a lot. And the one that could step back for their happiness." Akira clarified as he had just entered the room.

Umi got more answers than she thought. Answers that confused her a lot. Her mind was spinning. She never thought Rui was someone who would give up the one he loved to his best friend. Umi thought none of the F4 would do that. They were to selfish. She only managed to say "Eh!?" her words were gone.

"Come lets go outside. We have to talk. The others are already here!" Akira said and waited for Umi.

"But we haven't finished breakfast!"she said but Rui's father signed her that its alright she could go with them. Umi stood up and gave a light bow to the man "Thank you for the food!"

"Nakashima-san, apply to our company we do hire interns. I'll inform the department of public affairs. They will wait your resume." Rui's father made her an offer.

Umi bowed again and agreed. She would never say no to an opportunity. "Thank you Hanazawa-san. I surely will!" she said and followed Akira.


Outside, everyone had already arrived. Makino and Domyoji, Sojiro and Yuki. All were sitting outside waiting for Umi and Akira to come back. Rui had already explained what happened last night.

"What took you so long?" Domyoji complained as he saw Akira and Umi show up.

Arika pointed at Rui, who was leaning against the nearest wall. "Blame his father, who had to offer a job to Umi." he told them and sat down.

Rui gazed cold at Umi, like he knew she had already accepted. He only shook his head. "Alright, now about yesterday's events. Who were those boys?" Rui demanded to know.

Though Makino and Yuki cut him off to check if Umi was alright. "Did you get hurt?" "Are you alright?" Both girls were really worried about Umi.

Umi nodded and ensured them that she was fine. She knew she had to explain a lot. And she would do that. She gazed up at Rui. "Okay! I suggested Yuki to go on a dated with Janpei. He was asking her out for long time."

"Go on a date with a stranger?" Sojiro asked Yuki.

"He is not a stranger. We are in the same university. We eat together our lunch." Yuki said and sat closer to Sojiro making everyone to look at them.

Akira nodded "Go on!"

"Junpei suggested to bring one more friend. So it would be a double date. We agreed. But when we showed up there were three boys. He gave us an explanation that they all were fighting and he decided to let all join. And honestly I wasn't there to date anyone. It was more for Yuki and Junpei. So I agreed in a way. " Umi strangely told them everything that had happened. Making most angry each for their own reasons.

Rui glared at her more "Did you know at least the three guys?" he asked her directly.

Umi shook her head "Was the first time we saw them!"

"Umi-chan, never do that again. On a date with more than one person. It suppose to be a date!" Makino worried said. Yuki felt a bit bad, because they really didn't date at all they only wanted to get Sojiro jealous. At least that was what Umi was aiming for. And he misread the whole situation.

It made Rui angrier and he walked up towards Umi "Alright, you saw three unknown men and you just agreed to go on with the date?"

Umi nodded again "Yes, and everything was fine. They didn't do anything oddly. We watched the movie, and eat something and then we went to have a drink."

"To have a drink? It was a first date, you needed a drink too. Whose idea was that?" Sojiro asked.

Umi sighed. She saw now their point of view. And she was really scared that if she said her last words, Rui would ignore her again. 'But why would she even care!' "It was my idea!" she said again loudly.

Rui was about to smack her. He wasn't angry now because he got Yuki only in danger. He was also worried about Umi. He didn't even noticed how mad he was because she would herself in such danger. Rui grabbed her arm and pulled her closer to him. "See what the outcome was. You liked it?" he yelled at her.

Umi for a second spaced out as she noticed that Sojiro had hugged Yuki. Umi signaled her friend and she let her know that the plan was a success. When Rui asked her if she liked the outcome. She gazed up at him "Yes! I liked the outcome." she yelled back at him. Though she meant Yuki being able to date Sojiro.

Rui bit his lips. He was never so mad in his life. She was 'wicked' and 'wicked' she would remain. He raised his hand to punch her. Act that he never ever did. But his fist froze a inch away from her face. Umi closed her eyes waiting to be hit. Normally she would try to dodge the hit, but not today. Rui freed his fist and placed his palm on the back of her head. The other hand on her back and pulled her closer. She looked at him half angry half crying.

Why did he become so angry and so worried about the 'wicked' girl. He pulled her closer, and closer into a deep hug. "What are you doing?" Umi complained trying to take the dazzling boy off her. But he grabbed her tighter and hugged her. "I'm sorry! But never, never do anything stupid like that again!"

The hug was a salvation for Umi and Rui. But made the boys and girls puzzled. But neither Rui or Umi really cared. They went on with their hug, as Yuki explained the more details. And Makino noted that Janpei was the same one who got her kidnap years ago to get Domyoji met with him. For now things slowly went back to normal. Umi was accepted by the F4. Yuki dated with Sojiro. Akira complained because he lost his playboy buddy. But Sojiro didn't care. He had found his special someone.

((~ upcoming chapter 8 ~ ))