Unknown Emotions

Hana Yori Dango Finale

Umi trying to assuage her growing anxiety, leaned against the cold wall behind her. She heard a clap sound that was coming from far away, that follow by a distant closing door sound. In her stress state she thought that someone was coming. Then she realized that couldn't be the case. She'd been in den in view of the Club's back door, even since the three boys narrowed her at that alley. She decided she had imagine it. There were no lights around the alley. Only the moon and the Clubs Logo. She and the boys could see the basic, but not the details.

The three boys had enough playing with her. Now they wanted more than that. She took another step towards the wall. But there was no more way to hide herself in. She froze, silent over took the alley for few seconds. An slowly and eerily feeling over took Umi. She couldn't move, couldn't breathe. She only kept her hands crossed trying to hide as much of her bare skin she could. Yet, she had to find a way to escape her well-being, even her life could be possibly be at stake. She closed her eyes and said a silent prayer, while the boys were pulling her against the rocky ground. Her skin was filled with some bruises showing the fight she gave to escape, but never succeeded. Her heart pounded so loudly, that she was sure everyone could hear it. She Opened her eyes and took a deep breath, but her body wasn't obeying her.

"Come on, now! Why are you struggling! You can not over power us!" the tall boy yelled at her and slapped her. Few drops of blood appeared against her lips. Her eyes still in tears with no power to move.

Suddenly, footsteps light but also powerful interrupted the yells of the boy. A shadow that was peering into the darkness, it slowly and quietly leaned closer, lighting up the place. She took one more breath, and she turned her head gazing at the destination were the light was coming. A man dressed in white was standing there. She blinked once, and blinked again. She was surely dreaming. No, no one would ever come to save her.

"I would stop now, If I were you!" a loud soft voice demanded. The man that was dressed in white walked few steps closer.

"Heh! Look sweetie there come someone to save you!" the tall boy mocked her and stood up gazing at the man. The two others kept Umi pinned against the ground. "We cannot do that! But we can let you have your fun when we are finished."

The man dressed in white, chuckled. "I wasn't asking!" he made it clear and stormed against the tall boy. It took only two punches and he faced the ground. He took two more steps, glaring at the two others. He didn't need to say anything more. The boys picked up their friends and vanished. "And make sure you don't do coward things like that ever again." he added with the same demanding voice.

Then, he took step after step until he reached Umi. He knelt close to the girl and helped her to sit up. With her heart pounding, she inched a little closer to the man. Only then she noticed it was Rui. Her body wasn't still cooperating to help her move. But the confusion was clear in her face. Before even thanking him. She only asked "Why?"

Rui gazed at the 'wicked' girl. Only now she didn't look as wicked as before. She looked scared and beaten. Like life was taken from her. He didn't like what he was seeing. He preferred her with her wicked looks and the evil talks. "Let's take you out of here!" Rui told her with a sweeter tone. She rose her eyes and pinned them against his. She froze once more, she never thought that cold eyes could turn to have such a worried look. Her heart almost cracked. Honestly, she never seen someone gazing so worried at her. She wasn't even sure if the person she was looking now was the same as the one she slapped a night ago. Maybe she was dreaming!

Rui, took off his white jacket. He flipped it over and placed it around her shoulders. "Wear it!" he demanded. He had seen enough of her bare skin and chest.

Umi only then noticed that she had freed her hands. She dropped her eyes ashamed. She lifted her arms and wore the sleeves. But she didn't have the energy to zipped it. She only tried to cover as much as she could of her nuder self.

Rui, gazed at her again. Once again, she could feel shame. That was a new face expression Rui had just noticed. He lean closer and slowly zipped his jacket. Then he placed his arms around her and lifted her up. After he made sure the girl couldn't walk. He skipped her from the ground against his arms.

Umi almost fainted. She felt strong arms around her, keeping her safe. Again she wanted to ask, why? But there was something more important. "Yuki.. is she fine!" Umi asked worried about her friend. She remembered she left her with Sojiro, but still she had to make sure.

Rui, cracked a smile at her. "The 'wicked' girl cares about someone?" he told her as he walked out of the alley at the main road. "Yuki is fine! Don't worry!" he honestly answered her back and placed her inside his car.

She grabbed softly against his sleeve, making Rui to turn and face her. "Where are we going? Yuki, my things are inside the club" she asked with broken words confused.

Rui freed himself of her grip and moved around the car and stepped inside. "I don't think you want Yuki to see you like that today. Yuki will be fine. It's better if you and her don't go home today. Just in case. As for you things wait..." he explained. He lifted his phone and called Akira. He would could Sojiro, but he was sure today he was dealing with his own demons. "Akira, I found Umi. Things happened she is fine, so tell Yuki not to worry... pick her mobile and jacket. And make sure that Yuki doesn't go at her home. ... could be dangerous... i'll brief you in later on..." he ended the call. "Are we good now!" Rui added gazing at the broken girl beside him.

"Yes..." Umi nodded "but where.." She wanted to ask where she would stay tonight. But she lost most of her senses and fainted against the car seat.

Rui gave her few more glances and then he lean in, to make sure to get her the safety belt on. He never imagined his night would end up like that. Then he started the engine and drove off.

Mean while, inside the Club, Akira was sharing with Yuki the news. "It was Rui, he found Umi. She is alright. But Yuki you have to stay with us tonight. It can be dangerous to go home."

Sojiro widen his eyes, his jealously left him for a bit. "What happened?" he asked serious, and grabbed Yuki's hand.

"I'm not sure. Rui only said he will explain later!" Akira responded.

Yuki felt her heart back to place "Thankfully nothing bad happened to her. Wait Rui is with Umi?" she tilted her head confused "And she is alive!"

The boys laughed at Yuki's innocent reaction. "Why you thought Rui would ever hurt Umi?" Akira said "I thought Yuki knew what type of people we are."

"Akira-san I know. But have you seen Rui around Umi. I haven't seen colder looks, before." Yuki explained honestly.

Akira saw the looks and the odd behavior of Rui the other day. And honestly he saw more than the others. But again he didn't care about the girl so he didn't pay much attention. "Rui can do that. Kill you with his coldness!" Akira joked around.

Sojiro grabbed Yuki's hand and pulled her up. "You'll stay with me tonight." he announced. Silence over took the place. Akira thought his friend was joking. "Akira make sure you get their things and pay the bill." he added and dragged Yuki outside.

Yuki although she acted like she was struggling. Honestly, she was enjoying Sojiro's jealous face and over reaction. "Let me go! I am not following you!" Yuki yelled and hit his arm 'trying' to escape.

He pause and freed her. "Let's go!" he said waiting at Yuki's reaction.

There she was standing in front of his bike. She rubbed her eyes. 'There was no way Sojiro would let her sit, right?' She pointed at his bike. "Me ..can sit ..here!" she said with a spamming voice.

Sojiro nodded as he climbed on his bike and gave her his helmet. "Hope in!" he said with a sweet tone. Tonight was a big, very big night for Sojiro. When he noticed that he could loose Yuki just like that. It was not really that he was jealous only. He felt his heart break for the first time. He had to tell her what she meant. How important she was for him.

Yuki sat behind him. When she felt her hips touch the bikes seat, she started crying. She was sure she would never sit in his bike. Even if he ended up ever dating she was so sure than no girl would ever sit there. But there she was sitting next to him. And she owned it all to Umi. If she didn't make her plan tonight things would never take that turn. Yuki placed her arms around Sojiro.

He the engine and pressed the gas. The noise was so high, but Yuki heard it clearly when he said. "I love you." Then she lean closer to him, and he drove at his home. They didn't talk at all after that. They didn't to have to say anything else. The message was clear. They became a couple. Yuki spend the night with Sojiro. Sojiro had slept with so many women. But having next to you the one your love, was priceless. That night Sojiro, as well as Yuki would remember for long time. That miracles could still happened, Yuki didn't believed last night. She wanted to ask him, since when he was in love. Why he was in love? And so many other things. But Sojiro covered her curiosity with only few words "We've the rest of our life to answer you that!"

And finally after so long nights! so many tears! Yuki managed to sleep inside the arms she needed more. And Sojiro, found the one and only special person who is allowed to drive with him.

Umi slowly opened her eyes, she blinked and looked at the ceiling. It was too high up. 'How big was the room?' she thought. She remain there a few minutes, so her brain could slowly get back to reality. She felt a refreshing and sweet aura surrounding her. She sniffed the air and it was coming from her She sniffed closer, at it was the sense the white jacket left. 'Gosh! What a smell! How could it be, that she never smelt it before!' Confused she slowly sat up. She removed the covers from her. She scanned around the room. It was really enormous. And almost empty. There was only a bed, (where she was sitting), few picture frames, and an arm chair. The rest were only excessive frames with thin glass. And although it was night, it seemed so bright.

Suddenly the door opened and Rui walked inside. He was holding clothes. Some casual sport white clothes. He placed them next to Umi. "Are you alright?" he asked her again. He wasn't ignoring her. Or giving her any odd looks. Honestly that scared her. She thought, that Rui really hated her. She never imagined he would rescue her and even have a normal chat with her.

She looked at him confused and nodded "I'm fine. Totally functional!" she mumbled with a low tone. She tried to stand up fast, to show him that she was alright. But she lost her balanced and almost fall.

Rui cracked a smile and grabbed her. "I can see that!" he answered with his eyes pinned on her. "On your left is the bathroom. Have a shower, change your clothes and rest." he suggested "Can you reach the bath room or you need help?"

Umi stepped backed and regained her balance "No, I can walk! I wasn't injured or anything!"

The smile on Ruis face remain. The tough act made him gaze on her more He lean closer and clean the blood from her lips. "I see that. You weren't injured!"

Umi blinked as she recalled, Rui was able to read her since the first day they met. That has not changed. He could still read threw her lines. Not anyone really did that. Although, he never managed to read everything but he slowly found that he had misjudged the 'wicked' girl.

"Ah, that is nothing. I meant, My limps aren't hurt I can walk." she ensured him. She picked up the clothes and gave a last glance at Rui. Then she walked into the bathroom and locked the door behind her. She took her clothes off. Turned the hot water on and showered. Although, she showered longer than she thought. Her mind spaced out, remembering the boys that were ready to attack her. The knock on the door brought her back to reality.

"Are you alright?" Rui asked her as he lean against the wall outside. He was sure she couldn't be alright after what had happened to her. He hated when stupid men would hurt anyone like that.

Umi turned the water off. She wore Rui's shirt, and truck-pants and unlocked the door as fast as she could. She stepped outside and looked around the room. She looked lost like she needed to see a familiar face. She spotted Rui next to her, leaning against the wall. Patting and with her heart skipping a bit here and there she responded "Everything is okay!" She even tried to form a fake smile, but her lips didn't agree with that.

Rui sighed. "You don't seem alright, so you don't need to act like you are!" he noted. Then he turned around to grab and tower and place it on her wet long hair.

Umi slowly started to dry her hair and walked around the empty room. Rui lean against the window, gazing at the view. She pause and looked at the pictures. There was one picture off the F4, one of Domyoji and Makino, and last one of Todo Shizuka. "Todo-san!" she yelled surprised getting Rui's attention. She pointed at the picture "You know her?" she asked. But after she finished her question she felt stupid. Of course he would know her. Why would he keep a picture of her.

Rui nodded "I know her. She is my childhood friend." he only let the 'wicked' girl know.

"I see. I see!" she only commented and went on walking around the room. There was nothing else to explore. And she was tired. 'Gosh, she was so tired!' but she couldn't just sleep in Rui's bed. And she didn't dare even to ask where to sleep. She still was terrified of what had happened. She kept walking until she almost pumped against a white Violin. "You play it?" she asked again feeling so stupid. What was she doing?

Rui cracked a smile. "No, I have it here so Baka girls will ask me that question! How long are you going to cycle around. Go to bed. You need to rest!" Rui uttered.

She tried to reach the arm chair. She didn't want to sleep in that king sized bed. And after all were would Rui sleep. Though Rui grabbed her softly from her arm and made her stop. "Not the chair! The bed!" he added.

"But it's yours. Were will you sleep?" Umi asked confused. She gazed up at the tall F4 member. It felt so different now. She could see the difference now that she wasn't on her wicked mode. His house, showed how wealthy he was. His clothes, even his behavior. She had also misjudge him. Now she understood a bit Makino's words when she ensured her that Rui was the most carrying off all four.

Rui tried not to laugh, but tonight she was really reaching a new level of foolishness. He lean closer and  "With you! In the same bed! It's king size after all!" Then he freed her and he walk at sat in the armchair. "Please, sleep! Before you get dumper!"

"Eh!?" there he was again confusing her. Honestly, she didn't like people who could read and confuse her. And Rui manage to do both. Though she agreed to get some sleep, before she would end up saying something more stupid. She stepped closer towards the bed and climbed under the blankets. She closed her eyes. But suddenly sat up and gazed at him. "Hanazawa Rui, Thank you!" she said with a lower voice and hid under the covers. She was not good at thanking people. But she own him at least that much.

Rui caught himself smiling at her reaction. 'Where was the wicked girl from before?' He also close his eyes to sleep. At least for tonight, Umi and Yuki were safer than ever in their lives.

((~ upcoming chapter 7 ~ ))