Tears & Hate

Hana Yori Dango Finale

Part of infiltrating Tokyo's society was hosting parties (or any kind of events), but if word got out that attendance was lacking, it could socially cripple you. The same could happen at the wedding anniversary of Tsukushi and Tsukasa. So, they had it arranged a month earlier. Guests of high society and dear friends were invited. It was a big event. The 'party' had already started and the guests were there.

On the west side Tsukushi and Tsukasa were talking to so many people. They had to greet, welcome others or just give their attentions as the hosts. Though most of the time they ended up talking with Makino's parents and Tsukasa's mother. Even his sister was there. Tsubaki was one of the few people who always was by the couple's side. (And don't forget she was one of the few who would punched Tsukasa, if needed.)

In the east of the enormous room, glittering girls had surrounded Akira. The girls were all over him, but at the same time they kept their pace. It was like they and Akira wanted the same thing, with no strings attached. They weren't Jealous. They didn't over react. They sought what Akira sought. A fun night partying, that was all.

North was Sojiro and Yuki. This night oddly was only one girl on his side. He was not exactly sure, why the girls didn't approach him. Was it because he had placed his arm around Yuki. Or was Yuki's serious face keeping them away. Or maybe both. Yuki, found it also rare. But she liked it that for once she managed to be the only girl surrounding Sojiro.

Umi was standing in the middle of the entrance. She had the need to leave and escape that place. Indeed, everything looked bright and magical, not a place for her really to be. Alone, in a place so far of her reach. She stepped back. 'What was I thinking? I better leave?' she thought and pumped her back against someone. She turned to apologize, only to come cross with the last person she expected to see. There was Rui standing behind her. His gaze cold as before, not bothering to look at her.

'Her luck today!?'

Umi mumbled "Geez!" and stepped aside. She faced enough this night, it was time for her escape. She searched the room looking for Yuki, trying to inform her that she was leaving. But Yuki had only eyes for Sojiro. She sighed and decided to take her leave. She by passed Rui, giving back the same ignoring attitude. Suddenly, she was stopped. Rui, unexpectedly grabbed her arm softly. (Not as tight as before.)

Angry now she glared at Rui, who had placed his other hand on her other shoulder and turned the 'wicked' girl around. She was now facing west, where Makino and Domyoji were. Rui's hands remain resting against her shoulders as he lean closer towards the angry girl.

"Didn't you come to attend Makino's anniversary?" Rui asked in a softer tone "Stay and give your wishes! You own them that much!"

A cold breeze overtook Umi, and she felt goosebumps all over her skin. She was scolded by the person that was ignoring her earlier. Neither she or Rui knew, why he would even bother. Though, Rui could tell that Makino would want her there. And carrying Rui prevent her from leaving.

Umi was angry. 'Who did he think he is?' Her mind exploded as she wanted to leash against him. She could push him, and leave. (After all his grip was so light around her.) But, that Snob aristocrat was right. She went there for her friend. She knew it, she would be ignored and even hated by F4. Giving up, she lost her coolness and remained there, while the happy couple was about to give their speech.

"You know all... Makino..." Domyoji pointed at his wife as the crowd applause "Everything I ever wanted is standing here, next to me." He formed a punch with his fist and hit three times his chest (the area were the heart suppose to be) and then he pointed at Rui. Rui gave him a light nod and a bright smile. He knew what his childhood friend meant. It was not only a thank you. It was a gesture that he owned what he had to Rui. Akira, and Sojiro knew also what they two men applied. Yuki and Makino, could guess. They only lost were Umi and the guests. That had no idea what was going on.

Domyoji cracked his neck with a confusing expression on his face. He lowered his head near to Makino "Why are Rui's hand on Umi?"

Makino tilted her head "I have no idea. At least he isn't ignoring her!"

Though, that didn't cover Domyoji's curiosity. He knew his friend well. It wasn't Akira or Sojiro who were ladies' men. For God sake it was Rui, the introvert. "He'll have his reasons. Reasons, that I'll defensively find out."

"Definitely!" Makino corrected him while laughing "Honestly, you have to improve your vocabulary."

"Makino confuses still words." he said proudly about himself.

"Makino!" Domyji called his wife, who supposed to share few words. But she was a bit lost. There was Rui (who hated Umi) acting normally around her. Even keeping his hands on her. And there was her lovely spouse who had been all over himself. (On Rui's defense, how could he even have a cold look when he was looking at his most beloved people. He had even forgot that Umi was there, or that his hands were on her.)

"We are married a year now..." Makino spoke as she would take pauses gazing at the unbelievable side of Rui and Umi being so close.

Though, the speech took longer than Domyoji was expecting. He cut his wife off and relieved to everyone "We're having a child!" Makino didn't wait and attacked him.

"No! He didn't!" said with one voice Yuki and Sojiro.

Akira chuckled "He is dead!"

Rui, also cracked a smile, to his 'Baka- stubborn' friends. Umi rose her head only to be surprised by the smiling face of Rui's. She honestly didn't know why. But her heart skipped a bit or two. She immediately turned and faced in frond of her. As for Rui he gave up, as he finally noticed he was still holding the 'wicked' girl. He guessed why the couple looked lost for a second. He withdrew his hands, and walked away to give his wishes to his best friends.

Soon, the married couple was surrounded by people. Everyone was giving their wishes and congratulations. Last, but not least was Umi and Yuki. The two girls gave warm wishes to Makino and Domyoji, with big smiles on their faces.

"Are you sure, Umi-chan! Or Should I come with you? Yuki asked her friend as she informed her, she was leaving.

"Gosh, Yuki! I'll be fine. I came to give my wishes to them. I did that. It's time for me to go!" Umi said and pointed at Sojiro "After all, you have a reason to stay. Good Luck!"


Umi had left her belongings, around the corner. She didn't know where she was suppose to place her Jacket. And Yuki, wasn't around to inform her (as she was running around with Sojiro.) She walked corner after corner until she founded her belongings. She wore her jacket and it was time for her to depart. But she had lost her way. She was clever enough to know that the exit wouldn't be in the upper floors. She searched and searched, walking in cycles. But she couldn't find any exit or at least the party area. Plus, there was no one else around, to ask for directions.

Thankfully, long time after she found a colossal metal door decorated with glass. She passed through the door and leaded herself outside. Long stairs were leading down to the open parking, that was filled with many cars. And after that was a garden bigger than the house. "How on earth will I get out of here!?" she howled in frustration (as there was no one to ask for directions.) Suddenly, footsteps over took the silents. She turned to ask for directions, only to come across Rui.

"Hanazawa-san?!" she called him startled.

Rui gazed at her with same cold eyes as before. But he was also astound to find her there. He didn't bother to answer her, why would he? Although, it was the first time the 'wicked' girl addressed him with his name. 'Did she even know their names' Rui had the feeling she didn't know any of the F4 names. He by passed her with the indention to ignore her. Though, he pause and looked over his shoulder. This time the 'wicked' girl looked some how normal. She didn't have that wicked sparkle around her.

"Lost?" he asked her.

"Eh?!" Umi reacted surprised as she was waiting for him to ignore her (like always.) "Yes! I don't know how to exit this place!" she admitted with her eyes pinned on her heels.

Rui sighed. He should ignore her. But then again, Makino (even Yuki) saw that 'wicked' girl as their friends. "Follow me I'll take you out of here!"

"Eh!?" she responded again completely lost. She had no idea what was happening. But she would not take her chances to remain there lost. She followed Rui. They passed few cars, until they reached Rui's white sport car. She didn't expect nothing less. She knew that Rui, as his 3 others friends was one of the richest people around.

He unlocked the car and sat inside. Turning the engine on and gazing at Umi. "Are you coming or not?"

Umi opened the car door and placed herself inside. After she closed the door, Rui drove off. Few minutes later they were finally on the main road. He could just leave her there. But Rui was not really that kind of a person. Growing up with a old fashion father, he had manners and was a gentleman. His cold attitude was not what he only was. But Umi didn't know that.

"You live with Yuki, right?" he suddenly asked her.

Umi that had spaced out, took a moment to answer "Eh?! Yes we share the same room. Why?!"

"I'm taking you home. Or are you suppose to be some where else?" Rui asked her with a monotonic voice.

"No, No! I was aiming to reach home." Umi responded.

After, that Umi didn't say anything. She was out of her leak. She had enough this night. The only thing she wished was to reach home and have a warm bath. But what worried her was the path that Rui choose to take. It looked unfamiliar.

"You sure, you know where I live?" Umi asked.

Rui nodded and kept driving. He picked up Yuki few times and knew their home. He also new many roots, and of course he choose to take the shortest. Even if it was unfamiliar to the 'wicked' girl.

Umi shrugged against the seat almost hiding. The root didn't remined her anything, and a eerie feeling grow inside her. Her face lost it's normal wicked look and looked just like a normal scared girl. Rui, chuckled. The 'wicked' girl looked scared, that was something new. He gave her few glances. It was worth the view. 'Served her well, after what she had caused to Makino and Domioji.'

After a right turn, Umi found it familiar and she could breathe again. A few seconds later they had reach the building were she and Yuki shared a room. He stepped out of the car and waited for her to follow. He walked with her until the entrance. His old manners would never leave a girl alone in the middle of the night.

Umi looked for her keys, as Rui leaned against the wall, waiting for her to get inside. "Thank you for bringing me home." she said, but he ignored her as always. The keys were found, the door opened, and there was nothing else to say. Umi walked inside and closed the door behind her. And Rui reached his car. He was ready to open the door, as he heard someone running towards him.

He ly to face once again, a breathless Umi. 'What now?' he thought. She couldn't let the matter drop. What had happened earlier that could not have the F4 treat her like that. Rui gazed her waiting to see what she wanted.

"Did you forget something?" Rui asked her.

"I didn't forget anything!" she said.

She took a deep breath and spoke loudly "Hanazawa Rui. I'll remain friends with Makino & Yuki. I don't care if you or the rest of the F4, like the idea or not. You can ignore me, hate me or what ever. But never lay a hand on me. Just as you did earlier!" Umi was still pissed with what had occurred in the game room.

Rui, recalled his grip was tight around her. He softly grasped on her hand and pulled her sleeves up. He noticed the red skin around her wrist. "You'll live!" he responded and freed her hand. Neither Rui believed he would give such an answer.

"Huh! What kind of behavior is that. I'll not let something like that slit next time!" she openly threaten him.

"Next time?!" he chuckled "There'll be not be a next time. I don't hang around wicked people." Although his words were harsh. He was right. No, one from F4 did ever befriended any wicked girl. All the girls around them, were from different backgrounds and families. But they all had something in common. They were good and sweet girls. They would never harm someone.

"So, you still hate me!" Umi voiced up "I don't care as I said. Just don't boss me around!"

Rui cold it answered her "It's not about hate. People like you, who are wicked, will stop at nothing. Until the get what they want. I don't want that kind of people around me or my friends. That's all!"

Umi knew she had a wicked side. She could be more evil than other people, and even try more than others, to get what she wanted. But she really wasn't like the person that Rui describe. Indeed she once did mistakes and caused Makino's life, but honestly she didn't do that on purpose. Rui's words some how hurt her. Her eyes suddenly filled with tears. 'Why was she even crying.' She looked up, meeting the cold gaze of Rui.

She stepped closer furiously. Rui spotted the tears in her eyes, but those couldn't fool him. Umi raised her hand and slapped him as hard as she could. Not sure why she even did that. She never hit anyone. She would attack them verbally. Why was she even offended. People would ignore her and call her evil. That never bothered her. She didn't say anything and walked back inside.

Rui touched his cheek. He was astonished with the outcome. He was cold and cruel to people. But today he found himself over doing it. Not, that he cared about the 'wicked' girl. If he would ever again hurt his beloved people, he would not stay down. People like her simply made his guts turn. Though, indeed today he was too much.

((~ upcoming chapter 4 ~ ))