A sharp pang of jealousy

Hana Yori Dango Finale

Lunch time. At University's cafe. Yuki and Umi bought some food and sat on their usual spot to eat it. They choose some Carry and green tea. Both of them trying hard to forget what had happened the previous night. Lately, Oribe Junpei (a First year student) was hanging around them. Yuki helped him once with his project and since then he ended up eating with them.

"Hey, Jumpei-kun! Did you get the carry?" Yuki asked him "It's the best choice today!"

Oribe shook his head "No, I was late and it was finished. Hi, Yuki! Hi, Umi!" he greeted them and sat with them to eat his Ramen.

Umi gazed at him pissed. 'This boy is slow!' she thought. He took his plate with the ramen and gave him the curry. "Have mine. I haven't started eating yet!" she told him with a smile.

"Thank you Umi-san!" he said with a smile on his face and dag into the plate.

Yuki glared at Umi. 'Umi and sharing her food, never.' Yuki could tell, she would get something out of it. But what could she want from him. Umi only gave her friend a smile and nommed on the Ramen. 'Tak, it tasted so badly!'

But Umi had already a plan in progress. Oribe Junpei, although it gave Umi some dark signs, he looked like a promising date. He was handsome, with a great body, he wasn't to serious or to funny. And had asked Yuki out couple of times. 'He is perfect!' Umi thought and cracked an evil smile.

"I heard that 'Sword Art Online The Movie' aired already. This is the last week. We should go watch it!" Umi announced randomly.

Yuki nodded as she didn't understood what Yuki was implying. "Really, I wanted to watch that!" she responded.

Umi chuckled as Yuki fell into the dating trap so easily. "Then we should. How about you Junpei!?" Umi went on asking.

The poor boy almost gagged. They never invited him. "Huh! Eh! Yes! Sure, I don't mind!"

"Alright, How about today at 6 p.m. We can have a dinner after, and do something later on?" Umi suggested. It was only then when Yuki got what Umi was planning. She glared at her friend that she was moving too fast.

Janpei nodded. He wanted to date Yuki for so long. (For his own reasons.) "Should I bring a friend?" the boy asked as he noted that it looked like a date.

Yuki giggled and agreed. "Yes, bring a friend with you! Right, Umi-chan!" she wanted to pay her friend back. Yuki wasn't sure, when she started acting like Umi. But she would not go on a date and have Umi enjoy herself alone.

Umi sighted. She really wasn't planning to follow them. But since Yuki set her own trap for her, she gladly would walk on it on her own. "Fine, It's a date then. Let's meet at the TOHO cinema around 5:30 pm?"

"Wait Umi-chan, isn't that at Toei Oedo Line. A bit far don't you think?" Yuki noticed.

Umi cracked again that evil smile of hers. "Yes. It is. But its worthy to watch the movie there. So we can after go have something to eat, and a drink later." Umi replied as she winked at her friend.

"I have no issue with the distance." agreed Janpei. He was only feeling lucky that he manage to have a date with Yuki.

"Alright! Alright!" Yuki said, with out even noticing that Umi had more plans in mind.


"Umi-chan wait? You run to fast." Yuki yelled at her friend. She was wearing a slit high up the leg and low-cut black skirt. A silk white Dior shirt and her black velvet Jacket. Something classic and not to much. She argued with Umi for half an hour. Since Yuki wanted only to wear her jeans and nothing more. But Umi having other plans for tonight, she ordered her to dress at least a bit better than jeans and a shirt.

On the other hand Umi wear only her usual pants of jeans and a vintage silk T-line top. Her leather jacket and her boots. "We are late, Yuki!" she aggressively notified Yuki as they needed around 5 minutes or more to arrive at the TOHO cinema.

"I cannot understand why I ended up dressed like that, and you didn't?" Yuki complained as both girls fasten their pace.

"Because remember its your date, not mine!" Umi replied.

Yuki sighed "Ah, about the date? Why are we even having a date?"

Umi chuckled grabbing her friends arm and pulling her to run faster with her "Because we agreed you will move on!" she made her recall.

Yuki nodded "Indeed we did agree on that. But still it's seems to fast?"

Umi lean closer and whispered "Trust me on this. Only tonightThen you can move as slow as you want!"

Yuki agreed. Umi would never ask anyone to trust her. It was one of the rare occasions she was even making a plan to help Yuki.

Both girls arrived few minutes late. Janpei with his friends was waiting for the girls. He was happy to see Yuki so well dressed. She really looked pretty. Honestly, he had spotted that Umi is really hot. But he was aiming for Yuki. The boys were also casual dressed. But they made an effort to look clean and with a modern style.

"Janpei-kun! Sorry we are late!" Yuki apologized as she was almost out of breath.

Umi gazed at Janpei and then at his friends. She was a bit confused to see not one but three of his friends with him. She knew the boy wasn't stupid. Why would he bring more boys with him. It was suppose to be a date. "Janpei, You said one friend?" she pointed at his friends.

Janpei but on his sorry-mask and explained "Yes we did Umi-san. But they ended up fighting who should come. And in the end I just brought everyone!"

Umi almost face-palmed herself. At least he could find a better lie than this. "Okay. Let's say it happened that way. We should go, the move is starting."

Janpei nodded took a silly expression and apologized again "It will not happened next time!"

Umi rolled her eyes. She was not planning to go in another date with them. Today she had too, since it was all planned.

The two girls and the three boys went to watch finally the movie. Umi was a film-geek. But since she enrolled to university she didn't watch much cinema. Plus, her monthly income was not helping her with that. She needed a job soon. The movie finished with everyone happy. Umi suggested to get something to eat. She choose the place. Junpei had eyes only for Yuki. That made Umi's plans work as she thought. What she had not thought of, were the three boys that surrounded her. She wanted to punch those three. They were not exactly like Janpei. Just three annoying boys looking for fun. Thankfully, she could deal with them. At least until now.

It was around 11 pm, as they had finished with the movie and the dinner. Finally it was time to set the plan in motion. Now she could show Yuki what jealously can do. She was not sure if it could work. But it was worthy the try. And she really wanted to get back on that annoying F4.

"It was fun!" said Yuki. She was laughing all night long and had a good time with Oribe. It was long time she went out on a date, and the boy was really interested in her. Lately she was running after Sojiro for so long she had forgotten, how a date should feel.

Umi hugged her friend and turned her around "We are not done Yuki-chan! We said we would have a drink. Right!" Umi said and winked at her friend.

They boys cheered and agreed. Finishing the night with a drink could be promising for them "Yes! Yes! we agreed on that!"

"We don't have to go far!" Umi pointed at the popular bar that was placed across the street "It's a great place to finish our night!"

Yuki gazed the club and rubbed her eyes. She was sure she was there a couple of times. It was one of Akira's and Sojiro's hanging place. "Umi-chan!" she yelled as she understood now, what the plan was. "What are you doing?"

Umi chuckled "Trust me on this, Yuki! One drink only! After all we don't have money for more!"

The boys noticed that too, that the place was expensive. Mostly rich people went there. After Yuki agreed the group of six went inside. They gave their jackets at the entrance, they even paid the entrance fee. With that you could have the first drink free. Umi leaded the way made sure they would sit in the center, against the counter. A spot were they were noticeable all over the club. She gave a fast scan around the club but she didn't spotted Akira or Sojiro.

Yuki on the other hand was all blushed. She only revealed her feeling to Sojiro last night. And now there she was with another date. She turned and gazed at Umi "Umi-chan, I cannot do that! Let's leave!"

Umi chuckled as she suddenly noticed at the end of the room few familiar faces. There was Akira, Sojiro and she was sure Akira had just seen them. "To late Yuki. Just relax and enjoy!" she said and pushed her against Janpei. "Go dance!" she winked at her friend.

Yuki blushed even more, when Yuki noted that Sojiro was already there. She really wanted to forget everything and dance. She gazed at Umi that had just ordered her drink and the three boys around her. She was not sure if she should leave her friend alone. "Umi-chan, Will you be alright alone!" Yuki asked her.

Umi smiled and patted her friend. "Go dance. I can take care of myself." she ensured her friend. Umi wasn't worried about Janpei. They knew the boy for some time now and he wasn't dangerous. Plus she always kept an eye on her friend. And she was sure Akira and Sojiro was now doing the same.

Yuki accepted Janpei's offer and both of then ended up dancing in the center of the club. The music was loud, and Yuki relaxed and enjoyed. She told herself not to think about Sojiro.

Umi leaned against the counter. Dealing with those three boys was really stressing. And all the time that Janpei was with them, they were behaving. Now it seemed that they were all over Umi. She hated that. She could talk her way out. But she had to remain there for her friend.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the bar was sitting Akira, Sojiro and Rui. Rui was lately hanging out with them. There were girls surrounding him, a drink and a kiss made the lonely night pass better. But since it was Rui she wouldn't do anything further. He was not in the mood. Akira and Sojiro though enjoyed their time.

Suddenly, Akira nodded the two girls enter. He titled his head, opened his eyes and closed them again. He was sure it was Yuki, and Umi. "Sojiro, hey look!" he called out his friend and pointed at the girls.

"What!?" he asked with his seductive voice and ly to face Yuki with some boys. He was sure the moon from last night hit him again. "Am i seeing things?" he asked astonished. It took a while the yellows things to stop spinning around his head. He glared at the boy that was now dancing with Yuki. 'Why is someone else dancing with his special person' he thought. He formed a punch with his fist and was ready to go and punch that boy right in the face.

But Rui caught him and pushed him back "What are you doing?" he said with a soft voice.

Sojiro looked at his friend. He sat down, but his blood was still boiling. 'Why was he so mad.' "I need to beat some sense to that boy!" he yelled again trying to get up. Only the view of Yuki being so close to that boy made him ill. The girls have never seen Sojiro so mad. They moved away scared they would get punched.

Rui grasped his friends arm tight "Have you lost it! You are going to punch someone with no reason!" he yelled at him.

Akira chuckled "Why we have done that before!"

Rui frowned "That was Domyoji. I thought we stopped the trouble!"

While the boy were still trying to calm Sojiro down. Yuki went on dancing with Janpei. As for Umi. She was in more trouble than she ever was. The boys had drunk few drinks and were literally all over her. She didn't pay them much attention since she saw every reaction that Sojiro had. She couldn't wait to tell Yuki. He surely was jealous. Maybe Sojiro didn't acknowledge it but the others did.

Though what made her freeze, was when she spotted Rui. She knew Rui never hang in places like this. 'Why on earth did he need to be here.' Her thoughts were cut off as the boys asked her to get out of there and go somewhere else. Umi rolled her eyes and tried to explain that she wanted to stay there.

Sojiro was at his limits. He pushed Rui as hard he could and dashed off where Yuki and Janpei were dancing. Umi thought he would punch Janpei. But Sojiro didn't use his punches as often as Domyoji. He appeared next to Yuki and placed his arm around her. Tight making sure she wouldn't go any where.

"Yuki-chan what are you doing here?" he said with a softer tone but glared at Janpei, showing him he was ready to attack him.

Yuki lost her words. She tried to push Sojiro off her. But she didn't succeed. "We came for a drink with few friends. These is Janpei, we are in the same school" Yuki explained.

Of course Sojiro didn't have to introduce himself. Janpei knew who Sojiro was. He knew all the F4 very well. Years ago they caused his bother life. He still had not settle things with them. After all he was lately surrounding Yuki only to come cross with them.

"Nice to meet you, Nishikado-san!" Janpei greeted him with the same glare on his eyes.

Umi that had noticed the glares was sure they were about to start a fight. She tried to push her way out but the boys pulled her back. "Where are you going, Umi-chan?" they said.

She gave them a deadly look. "Out of my way!" she yelled and tried once more to push through them. But they laughed and pushed her with more force against the counter.

Rui and Akira, had already reached next to Sojiro. They gave a wave at Yuki, who had no idea what was really going on. "Sojiro, you cannot get in a fight here!" Rui whispered at him as he nodded in the edge of his eyes the 'wicked' girl and few boys. Though he ignored them.

Sojiro looked at his friend and smiled "Don't worry!" Then he gazed at Janpei "Really happy to meet you! I see you keep my girl entertained!"

Janpei nodded and gave him a death smile. "We were having some fun!"

Yuki was tottally lost. She had no idea what was going on. 'His girl' she noted. That confused her more. She looked at Janpei feeling a bit bad. Because in a way what Umi had planned almost came true.

"Thank you for keeping her company! You can go now!" Sojiro said clear and loudly. He had no intention to give Yuki back. He hugged her tighter, making sure the boy would get the message.

"Fine with me! Although, we have unfinished business!" Junpei voiced and step aside "Good night, Yuki-chan! I will see you tomorrow!"

Yuki tried to pushed Sojiro off her. She was relay pissed now. "How are you treating my friend? Whose girl? Have you lost it?"

Sojiro only smiled at her reaction. He dragged her across the dance floor, where he was sitting. "Sit with us!" he said, but it was surely an order.

Yuki hissed and sat down. This time she wouldn't let him be. She would get all her answers. She was happy in a way to see Sojiro jealous. But that wasn't enough. He was only acting like a spoiled boy, with out thinking her feelings.

On the other side of the bar, Umi was dealing with more serious problems. The boys weren't letting her be. They had secured her and trying to have her following them. She stopped being nice and became more aggressive.

"I told you! I'm not following any of you! So let me be!" she uttered as she draw her arm with force trying to free herself.

The boys laughed. The taller one grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer "We had good time until now! Let's not break our fun!"

Umi looked around until she spotted Yiki with Sojiro. At least she knew her friend was safe. She tried to call her, but the music was too loud and Yuki couldn't hear anything. "Hey, guys really lets stop here." Umi suggested with a calmer voice.

But the team of 3 didn't cooperate. They dragged and pulled Umi as hard as they could until the reached the back entrance. People noticed, but no one really did anything. After all the light and music didn't show exactly how forceful they were treating her. Umi struggled to free herself. But if she managed to free one hand, the other was grabbed. After few moments, they managed to drag Umi in the back alley of the Club.

Her jacket and phone was still inside the club. Outside it was really cold, and it was cloudy. Few drops of rain would fall here and there. The boys freed her. But she was trapped between them and the dead end of the alley. She tried to keep it together. Although she was scared to death. Her body was shaking, and her brain couldn't work. She stepped back until she bumped at the wall behind her. She knew she had reached the end of the narrow street. The boys got closer one at her left, the other on her right and the tall one in frond of her.

The tall one touched her face and turned her to look him. "See now! We can have some more fun!" he mocked her as his eyes looked all over her.

The other boy on the right started pulling on her silk shirt. Until he ripped it off. Umi had to cross her arms and hide her chest. She was not wearing any bra beneath. She started crying. "Just, Let me be!" she said with a broken voice. She wanted to call for help. But who would really come. Until now, Umi dealt with any misfortune on her own. Her friend was few steps away and still there was no one to help her. She gathered all her force and tried to escape one more time. But the boys crushed her back against the wall.

"Aw! How sweet she cries!" They mocked her a bit more before they would start their fun.

Meanwhile, (inside the club) Akira joined Sojiro and Yuki, and few minutes after Rui. Yuki that was now feeling a bit calmer gazed around looking for Umi. She had noticed the boys were a bit off.

"Yuki are you alright!" Akira asked her. Just making sure his stupid friend Sojiro didn't hurt the girl with his fine idea to interrupt her night out.

Yuki nodded "I'm Okay!" She stood up still searching for Umi. "What happened to Umi? She was just over there?" she said.

Akira search the room "She probably left. She had friends with her right?"

Yuki shook her head "No, no! Those weren't any friends of ours. They just ended up with us." Yuki said more worried now.

Rui took a closer look at the counter. He spotted the drinks and Umi's phone there. He was sure the 'wicked' girl would never leave her phone. His thoughts were cut off when the waiter brought some more drinks. Rui stood up and lean closer to him. He asked him if he noted where the girl went. He pointed him at the back door of the store. "She went that way with her friends." the waiter replied.

"Damn!" Rui yelled loudly. He could read people, and those three seemed bad news. He only choose to ignore Umi as he always did. But now things sounded serious. He run off, jumping across the counter and out of the club, leaving the rest with questions.

((~ upcoming chapter 6 ~ ))