Confession

Hana Yori Dango Finale

Hours later, a key was placed in the keyhole and the door of Yuki and Umi's apartment was opened. Yuki walked inside spotting Umi sitting on the wooden Desk gazing out the window. Umi was spacing out (like many times today). It was rare to see Umi like that. She was always wanted to keep it together. Yuki closed the door behind her. She took her heels off, and walked and sat next to Umi. Yuki had also a sad aura surrounding her.

"Oh! You are back early!" Umi stated as she crossed her legs and turned to face her friend. "How was it?" she asked her. She wanted to know how her friend's night was. It surely couldn't be as bad as hers.

Yuki sighed and drop her gaze "Until half an hour ago, it was perfect!" she commented.

"What are you waiting tell me what happened?" Umi curious asked her friend. Umi usually never got curious about romantic tales but when it come to Yuki and Makino it was different. She wanted to know everything.

Yuki nodded and stated narrate what had happened.

~ Earlier that night ~

After Umi left the party, Yuki kept her presence close to Sojiro. Tonight, she simply wanted to be the only girl next to him. She decided to be selfish for once (like Umi suggested.) Yuki kept her arm around Sojiro most of the night. She glared at any girl that would try to get closer. Her actions raised so many questions, but she honestly didn't mind.

"Yuki, where is Umi?" Makino asked her as they two of them cross paths with the rest of the gang.

Yuki honestly reviled "She wasn't feeling that welcome around the F4 and left few minutes ago!" Yuki (like Makino) stood up for her friends. She couldn't fight and stand her ground like Makino. She couldn't be wicked like Umi. But she expressed herself in her own innocent way.

Akira pointed behind them "I saw her walk towards the opposite direction of the exit. We'll she be alright?"

Domyoji had forgiven Umi, but he only saw her as a friend. But she was someone important to his dear wife, and that made her some how important too. He walked behind Rui and gave him a back hug. His silly expression changed to serious one. He whispered "Why don't you go and take a look. She'll sure be lost, and give her a ride home?"

Rui was stunned at his friends words. It was him who was the carrying one. "I don't see the reason, why should I?!" Rui responded.

His reaction annoyed the leader of the F4. He pointed at Makino and Yuki "Are those two reasons enough?" he said with a smile on his face. He tapped his friend's back and went to dance with his wife.

Rui sighed. Domyoji could play him well if he wanted. He let the others know that he would be back soon. He agreed to check on her, but he would never drive her home. 'Never, Right!'

Music was finally playing louder. Couples were dancing. People smiling and having a good time. Yuki glanced at Sojiro. The ladies' man was a good dancer, though he avoided to dance. His eyes on Yuki, he smiled at her and asked "Should we dance?"

Yuki blinked 'Did she heard it right'. She flow on the 7th heaven. With a smile bigger than ever she nodded. She walked closer (where Sojiro was standing) and gazed up to him. Her cheeks red. Her body shivering. It was obvious, she was totally in love with the playboy. Sojiro placed his arm around her and pulled her closer. Only to make her breath pause for a moment. He picked her other hand in slow motion and they danced away.

The night was so odd. Sojiro actually enjoyed every moment with Yuki. He didn't run away. He didn't need to look any other women. His eyes were locked on Yuki. And until now Yuki, didn't say anything odd, that made it easier for both of them.

Later on, most guests left. The party settled down. The couple (if couple you would call them) took a step outside for some fresh air. The night was lovely. The open sky, the starts even the moon was making everything so romantic. Sojiro on the opposite direction of Yuki rested his posture. Yuki remain close to him gazing at the stars.

Then it hit her, what Umi suggested earlier that day 'Confess!' The time seemed perfect. But she was scared of the outcome. She suddenly gazed at the man standing next to her. Her nails pinned inside her fabric of her black dress. She took a deep breath and her voice was finally out.

"Nishikado-san! she called him with a sweet voice of hers.

Sojiro looked at the girl next to him and smiled "What Yuki-chan?"

"There is something, I should let you know!" Sojiro nodded, with his guard down. He never expected what was coming.

"I think.. no.. I'm sure. I'm in love with you!" Yuki confess with a sweet and tumbling voice. She even didn't believe she manage to tell her feelings.

Sojiro felt the moon literary hit his forehead. He even saw stars cycling around him. He tilted his head in confusion. In his defense, he started laughing trying to turn the serious talk to a joke "Yuki-chan, you got me there!" He wanted to run and hide. But his legs couldn't move, the world had just beaten him down.

Yuki didn't laugh. She didn't back off. That was something she recently gained, thanks to Umi. "It's not a Joke. I'm in love..." he pointed at him "with you! Don't turn my feelings to a Joke"

The smile of Sojiro's face fainted away. He knew, Yuki had feelings for him. He spotted that long ago. But he wasn't in love with her 'Right?' He never saw Yuki romantically and never treated her like the other women. Yuki was special to him. But that was all. 'Right?' He would never play any games with serious Yuki. Plus, Makino would hurt him, and Domyoji would finish him off. 'Scary' he thought.

"Yuki-chan. You see I don't see, Yuki-chan that way..." he tried to give the girl a positive explanation not to hurt her and not to give her hopes.

Though Yuki cut him off "Why .. cannot ?" she asked ready to cry "I know you don't see me that way. I don't wait any response, I just told you how I felt! Does it bother you that much? Do you want to run again?"

Sojiro was done. The moon hit him again. He had no idea what was going on with Yuki. She was never like that. She didn't drink any alcohol. So he was sure she wasn't drunk. The sudden change scared him. He knew that the day would come. But he never thought it would come so early. And having Yuki around was fun. If he revealed his real feelings, he may lose her for ever.

"Yuki-chan, I don't mind it. You feelings towards me, they don't bother me. It's perfectly alright. After all Yuki is someone important to me. But I cannot answer you back with the same feelings." he clarified. Though something felt wrong. Like something broke. Did he missed something?

Yuki nodded. She understood Sojiro's feelings. He was after all a ladies' man. It was so difficult to reveal what she felt. And more harmful to get the answer she got. But she was an ease now. She managed to express what she was keeping deeply inside her heart.

Sojiro gave her a tight hug and suggested to take her home. "Let me drive you home"

Yuki trying her best to make things lighter. "With your bike?" she asked smiling at him.

"I'll call the car!" he smiled at her.

They gave their good-byes. The car was soon there. And drove Yuki home, and Sojiro was with her. Few minutes later they had reached the building, where Yuki and Umi's apartment was. He stepped out of the car and opened the door for Yuki. Yuki turned her feet and tried to step out of the Car.

"Good Night, Yuki-chan!" he said, waiting for her to get out of the Car.

Suddenly, Yuki lost her balance. She regained it as she grabbed against Sojiro's chest and stood on her feet. Gazing up to him. She rested her hands around his shoulder and leaned closer. She got on her tips and gave a soft kiss on Sojiro lips. "Good Nightttt!" she yelled softly as she ran off and vanished.

Sojiro, felt his cold lips warming up for a second. Then he noticed Yuki running off. It took him a moment to realize what had just happened. He sat back inside the car. Damn, he had kissed so many women. Why, did the sense of that kiss remain for so long on his lips. Though, he agreed with himself to ignore that feeling. It was saver that way. After all, Yuki-chan was always around him. He had time to recall his feelings.

~ Present day~

Umi shook her head "What did you do with my friend?" she asked he astonished. "Omg! you confessed and kiss Sojiro all in one night!"

Yuki nodded, she was even surprised with herself. "But the point is Umi, he has not the same feelings for me. I knew that. But it is somehow heart breaking!" she sighted "I'll keep that feeling and each time i meet him it eats me up."

Umi didn't never felt that feeling. She honestly was never in love with any one. Yes she dated boys. Yes, she could manage herself around relationships. But, never ever was she in love with anyone. 'What is love!?' was always her thought. "Umi you have to move on!" she suggested.

Yuki tilted her head "It's easy said, but hardly done. You mean date someone else. Forget Sojiro. I cannot do that. I need him in my life."

"Listen Yuki. You can slowly move on. It will not happened in one day or two. But eventually you will only be around him as a friend and date someone else." Umi explained.

"What are you talking about. How could I meet with him and not burn up. I cannot do that Umi-chan!" Yuki responded.

"Yuki-chan you know, you have now power in your hands. Sojiro is your friend, and thinks of you dearest. You don't weak up every day with friends like these. So, keep moving on and don't lose that power. That's how things are." Umi said serious.

"Umi-chan has always a wicked side. I cannot think like that Umi. Sojiro and I became friends, but never because of his money. You know that?" Yuki voiced up. She hated when ever Umi showed that wicked side of hers.

To her defense though, Umi never was after money and rich people. Yes, she was wicked. She would use any means to get where she wanted to go. But it was for a better job, a better education, things like that. She never used her wicked part to get anything more than a normal life and better chances. "Yuki throwing away a existing friendship deep and important like that is not wise. As you said you never went after Sojiro for his money, it just happened. You should move on, but with out losing your friends." Umi suggested.

Yuki thought it over. Again and again, Umi was right. She didn't know how close she would keep Sojiro. But it was time to move on. She agreed on that.

"It's time to start moving on, isn't it?" Yuki concluded. Umi agreed with her. It was already late, the girls went to bed. The plan was that Tomorrow on Yuki would try her best to move on. And Umi would help her in that path.

((~ upcoming chapter 5 ~ ))