Jongin's Brain

I Like Girls with Attitude
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7 – Jongin’s Brain

 

Jongin doesn’t quite understand girls—or maybe in his case, just Kang Seol.

The day Jongin got her to go trick or treating with him, he really thought that things were going well for the both of them. I mean, he got her to talk to him, he got her to work with him, and he even got her to be his partner for the party. How could those accomplishments result in—once again—utter coldness from her as if they’ve never talked to each other before?

Then again, this is Kang Seol we’re talking about. It’s not that surprising.  One day, Jongin approached Seol who was rummaging books in her locker.

 

“Hey,” Jongin stopped by beside her with a little hop.

Seol didn’t reply, nor did she pass him a glance as she continued to do her thing.

Jongin cleared his throat. “Well, how are you?”

Seol seemingly frowned at him as she shot him an annoyed glance. “What do you want?”

Jongin frowned back at her. What’s with the sourness? “I just wanted to say hi,”

“Well, goodbye,” Seol slammed her locker shut before turning on her heels and walked to her class.

 

Jongin just stood there in awe—that was strangely y.

 

If Jongin doesn’t understand Seol, then nobody in the whole damn school understands how Jongin’s brain works.

 

“Do you think girls get colder by the time the season gets cooler?” Jongin suddenly thought aloud during their lunch.

Everybody blinked their eyes at him before Baekhyun broke the ice, “Are you stupid or are you just brainless?”

Jongin clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes at him.

“Yeah, keep rolling them, Jongin,” Baekhyun nodded. “You might find your brain somewhere back there,”

“Last time I checked, I found a memory of you drinking from the toilet after you drank beer by mistake last Christmas,”

The boys whipped their heads at Baekhyun with scowls on their faces. “THAT IS NOT TRUE,” Baekhyun exclaimed.

Jongin fished out his phone, “I have the picture right—“

“Give that thing to me!”

“You’re the one without a brain if you think I’d give it to you!”

“Give it here!”

“No!”

 

Kyungsoo and the others watch with wide, cautious eyes as the two continue to bicker, pulling on each other’s hair as Jongin stretched his hand and body as far as he could while his other hand tries to push Baekhyun’s face away as his limbs flap around in attempt to grab the man’s phone.

 

“Wait—Seol’s walking over to this direction,” Jongdae grabbed on Suho’s arm when he spotted Seol with her food tray.

“Hey, stop it!” Suho panics, standing up in attempt to stop the two.

Seol—who was walking across the cafeteria—scowled as she tried to maneuver herself safely from Jongin’s and Baekhyun’s flailing arms, avoiding them as carefully as she could. “Hey, can you—“

“Give it to me! Give it to me!”

“I can’t look,” Minseok immediately hides his face on Tao’s shoulder.

“Me too,” the Chinese lied, turning on his camera.

“Dude—“ Seol’s tray almost flipped from Baekhyun’s arm if it wasn’t for her speed.

“You idiots, stop!” Kris yelled, but his voice was nothing compared to the combination of Baekhyun’s loud voice and Jongin’s whines.

“Save yourselves, I’m going to run for it,” Chanyeol whispered over to Sehun before taking his tray and ran out of the scene.

Sehun rigidly grabbed on to Li Ah’s hand. “I think we should also—“

“Jongin, delete that picture or I swear—“

“You swear you’d what—“

 

Jongin’s arm that flailed around flips Seol’s tray right to her chest, spilling all the food to her shirt. The whole table widened their eyes, jaws wide open and body frozen. Jongin and Baekhyun froze with their arms midair, their jaws still wide from their previous rantings, but their eyes were wide and filled with fear as they stared at Kang Seol who stared at the mess on her shirt.

 

And she was wearing white.

 

Jongin blinked before locking eyes with a glaring Kang Seol. “Please tell me you don’t hate me,”

If Baekhyun wasn’t in the wrong position, he would’ve slapped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter