Passing Notes

I Like Girls with Attitude
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9 – Passing Notes

 

Passing notes—an essential part of history in any high school and for any of its student. Dreadful and traumatizing to some, but a score-saving and pleasant event to others.

 

To Baekhyun and Chanyeol, passing notes is like a chore for the heart, because the only time they’d pass notes is when they’re having a test.

 

It was ten minutes until Baekhyun’s and Chanyeol’s math test ends, and these two had been constantly glancing at each other and the teacher. Baekhyun clears his throat and gained Chanyeol’s attention, and the giant watched carefully as he sees Baekhyun tapping on his ears three times, dribbled his fingers on the table, and then tapped his foot on the ground five times. Chanyeol nodded, scribbling down the answers to the questions Baekhyun had signed to him on a piece of scrap paper before coughing, signaling that it was his turn.

Baekhyun stares at the teacher for a moment to ensure their safety before moving his eyes to see Chanyeol signaling the numbers to him, tapping on his foot and touching his hair. Baekhyun checks on his answers to the questions Chanyeol signed him and quickly writes down the answers on his scrap paper.    

Now, the most challenging part was exchanging the notes. Chanyeol could feel sweat coming out of his pores, his heart beating like mad as he slowly moved his hand to Baekhyun—who had been holding his breath as he was doing the same, eyes focused on the teacher, and all of a sudden the teacher suddenly looks up from his book to eye on the students. Chanyeol immediately pulled his hand back, biting his tongue while Baekhyun hid his terrified face from the teacher, releasing a heavy sigh.

 

Well, that must’ve took a few years off the two’s lifespan.

 

Unlike the two dorks, Yixing—the school’s heartbreaker (surprisingly), is a bit of a pro at passing notes. Not that he needs to cheat during class, he just likes to do it to chat with girls he occasionally hooks up with. Yes, Zhang Yixing is a lowkey flirt. Well, it’s kind of expected from the dude that plays basketball so swiftly against Kris, who’s actually the captain of the basketball team. Not to mention playing the guitar and singing self-composed songs in school from time to time, swooning even more girls. Then he got his handsome looks, swooning even more girls. Then he got his goofy charm, swooning even more girls. He’s a dancer too, swooning even more girls!

Two girls were passing notes to each other during Biology, stealing glances at Yixing who was focusing on the lesson.

 

Zhang Yixing looks totally hot from his right side.

 

Did you notice that he always bites his lips when he concentrates?

 

Yeah but have you seen his hair? I think he dyed it a bit lighter

 

Maybe, it does look less darker

 

Have you heard that he broke up with Yerim?

 

AGAIN? I thought she was locking him for real

 

As if. Nobody can wrap Zhang Yixing around your fingers, only he can

 

He seems to get bored real easy

 

Are you serious? He’s such an angel

If he dumped them, then they’re in the wrong

 

Ah I don’t know T^T

I wonder if he’d go out with me

 

A couple of minutes passed, and the second girl was starting to frown. She turned her head to her friend and was about to ask her for her reply, until she saw her friend face flat on her desk with no note at sight.

 

“Hey, where’s the note?” she whispered, eyes cautiously glued on the teacher.

Her friend didn’t say anything and just jabbed a thumb to her left.

The girl moved her gaze and quickly slammed her face down on the table with her arms burying her head as soon as she saw Yixing staring at her with their notes in hand, a little smirk hanging on his lips.

Glancing at the teacher, Yixing clicked on his pen and started scribbling on the piece of paper before telling the girl beside him to pass it her.

Her friend had covered as she passed the pink paper to her, not even daring to look at him or the paper.

The girl took the note warily, glancing at Yixing who’s back on focus with the lesson, face unreadable. She looked down to read the note and widened her eyes.

 

02-346-7456

Call me

 

Well, guess that went well for her. However, apart from those three, Kris and Sehun are the type of people who pass notes to each other for different reasons—at least when compared to the ones mentioned before. It was five minutes till’ math class ended, and Kris was starting to feel a bit giddy. Take note that Kris isn’t the type of person who keeps sticky notes or someone who’d bother to tear a piece of paper, maybe Sehun would tear a piece of paper, but not Kris.

Instead, he took his pen and wrote a big “DINER?” on his palm. He made good use of his log leg to kick on Sehun’s desk, gaining his attention. After showing the message, Sehun responded with a smirk and nodded.

 

Like a walk on a park.

 

At least all those guys have great teamwork, something Tao really hopes for from Kyungsoo. The next five students are notorious for proving themselves unworthy of passing notes, totally unreliable and possibly the worst in the history of their lives.

 

One day, Tao threw a paper ball at Kyungsoo during Luhan’s biology presentation. Tao wasn’t even half done with his work, and the school’s WiFi was failing him. There’s only one monster at speed-typing plus the brains for making all those words typed up make sense, and that was Do Kyungsoo. It was going to be his turn right after Luhan, and Tao wasn’t ready for Ms. Lee’s ranting, so he tried to call the shorter male, but he wouldn’t listen, so a paper ball was the next solution.

Kyungsoo flinched when he was hit directly on his head, turning his head to frown at Tao who was waving signals at him to open the paper ball. However, being the devil he is, Kyungsoo didn’t cared and proceeded to focus on Luhan’s presentation. Upset, Tao tore another piece of paper and scribbled a note to him to please come over and help, and he threw it once again, now landing on his cheek.

Taking a deep breath to compose himself, Kyungsoo picked up the ball and unraveled it, squinting his eyes as he read it before tossing it away. Frustrated, Tao runs a hand on his face and flailed around to get Kyungsoo’s attention back, and hopefully long enough to get him to understand him.

However, Luhan—who was standing in front of the class, could see Tao flailing around like a monkey, which he didn’t appreciate at all as it was distracting and also meant that Tao wasn’t paying him any attention.

 

“… and that’s why macromolecules and micromolecules are—HUANG ZITAO, SIT DOWN!”

 

Yeah, Tao didn’t get a mark that day.

 

Do you have that one friend who always speaks aloud to whatever they’re reading? In this world, that person is known as Luhan.

In Luhan’s defense, he’s not one to cheat. Especially not on Mr. Kim’s test, a deadly teacher he is. Also, Luhan is a straight A student, but compared to Kyungsoo or Suho, Luhan just doesn’t have the looks for it. Perhaps he would if he tries to change the way he dresses, but Luhan likes colours a bit too much. Besides, he looks much better in purple shaded rainbows compared to casual black or brown, at least to him.

Anyways, Luhan is a smart kid who’s just too smart for note passing. Sort of. Well, at least in terms of cheating or helping friends out in cheating. Baekhyun’s a smart kid, but he’s just not gifted in Chemistry. Even with constant tutoring with Jongdae, Baekhyun can’t really ace it. So, he decided to seek help with Luhan, making a deal with him to tell him the answers for questions he doesn’t understand in exchange for free meals treated by him.

It started off well when Luhan reminded himself not to read out the words, but when Baekhyun passed him the next note when he was in the middle of answering a hard question, he just blew it. He took the note, settled it on the table for a moment, and when he was fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter