Cold eyes, colder heart

I Like Girls with Attitude
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1 - Cold eyes, colder heart

 

It’s the start of a new school year, and Kim Jongin is proud to say that he is now a third year—simply because he didn’t know how he survived school all these years.

At last, he’ll be able to kiss this hell hole goodbye, because there is nothing that Jongin wants more than to leave this godforsaken abode ever since he stepped foot into the place where we all know too much. However, there is one mission that he wishes to finish before he leaves high school—to take selfies with everyone.

 

Why?

 

That’s just the kind of person Kim Jongin is—just because.

 

Now, this is more of a challenge that everyone might think due to some people who makes it very hard for him to do so.

People like Byun Baekhyun who says, “I’m too fabulous to take pictures with a retard like you, Jongin—but you can always have my autograph before I get famous,” 

People like Tao who keeps taking his camera or cellphone to fill his gallery with selfies of himself.

People like Luhan who takes too much time to prepare his hair for one snapshot.

People like Suho since he’s too shy—there’s always this type of person.

People like Sehun who throws your phone away every time you dart your camera at him.

 

Or the infamous bunches like Kang Seol.

 

Now, it was hard enough for Jongin to make friends with Oh Sehun with his resting face and cold personality, the only infamous person he got to be in his squad, let alone the other scary bullies, wretched troublemakers, troubling thieves and erted molester that he managed to take pictures with in one piece. Kang Seol is in a whole new level. From a scale to shy bookworm to bully, Kang Seol is on neither sides or center, simply because she is belongs in a different category called the ice princess, a scale in which Sehun was in.

Kang Seol isn’t the only ice princess in school, no doubt. Some students are as cold as ice, but only to those that they don’t like. There are also cold peeps that are just filled with hatred for people but won’t go to private school for odd reasons, people who prefers to be alone for particular reaons, then there is Kang Seol.

She doesn’t dress herself inappropriately, but she doesn’t dress herself in a normal way either. Some people may call it casual, but whatever casual on her would still seem like a branded item; maybe the perks of having visuals like Kang Seol. She wasn’t the prettiest, but it’d be a lie to say that her face was average. She never shows hatred, but she never shows affection towards people. People would call her an antisocial and a loner, but these dudes named Zhang Yixing, Kim Jongdae and Kim Minseok somehow managed to be her friend. Did she ever smile to them, though? No, not yet. She never approaches people, but sometimes when people approach her, she never rejects them. Yet, she is still on her own, wandering here and there. She also doesn’t seem to have any odd quirks, and she has a hobby like everyone else. The girl likes to read books and likes to play music, to the extent where she joins the music club.

 

This brings us to the question—

 

“Why does she keeps ignoring me?!” Jongin stabs his fork on his cream soup, God knows why he chose a fork over a spoon for his lunch. Suho recoiled from the spills that got on his arm and quickly pulled out his wet tissue and disinfected himself dramatically.

“Probably because she simply doesn’t like you?” Sehun lifts a brow at him as he consumes his bacon salad without the leaves—coz bacon is life.

“Impossible!” Jongin scoffs, almost flipping his fork over himself. “A lot of girls in this school would beg for my phone number,”

“Face it, Jongin—“ Tao tries his best to tear open a packet of ketchup, “Her third eye had foreseen your disgusting interior beyond your godly exterior,”

“Then why doesn’t she reject Baekhyun when he comes over to her and ask her for some chocolate?” Jongin pointed at Baekhyun with flaming eyes.

“Just accept it, Jongin,” Baekhyun laughs with pride, “She probably hates you!”

“But what have I ever done to her?!” he stabs his fork once again.

The clean-obsessed Suho shrieked when his face was contaminated by the soup, “Jongin, do that one more time and I’ll throw that bowl at you!” Suho whines, wiping the corn bits of his soup off his face.

“Hurry and eat before break time ends,” Kyungsoo reminds him as he points at the big clock hung on the cafeteria wall, finally making his existence known.

 

After lunch ends, much to the dismay of the pig by the name of Kim Jongdae, he has to go back to his boring classes. Jongdae wobbles out of the cafeteria with a pout on his face, not noticing the ketchup visible around his lips after hogging on half the corn dogs sold in the cafeteria.

“Seol… where are you, Seol?” Jongdae moaned out along the corridors.

“I think I saw her going to her locker,” Minseok who had just finished fishing out his books out of his locker went to his side.

“Why doesn’t she ever wait for me?” Jongdae sighs. “I’ve told her like a million times to go there together!”

“And for the millionth time, she doesn’t want to,” Minseok chuckled. “She’s not keen on that idea, I think,”

“And I thought she was warming up to me,” he clicks his tongue, approaching his locker.

“Talking about Seol?” Yixing whose locker was right beside Jongdae’s blurted out.

 

Jongdae and Minseok nodded, one boy with a smile while the other had a vivid purse on his lips. As Yixing and Minseok waited for Jongdae to finish complaining, a giant by the name of Park Chanyeol approached them with a stupid smirk on his face.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter