Heartbreak

I Like Girls with Attitude
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11 - Heartbreak

 

“Hey, have you seen Sehun?”

 

Kyungsoo turns his eyes from his locker to a panting Baekhyun, leaning on the cold locker for support. 

 

The shorter lifts a brow at him. “Practicing for a marathon, Baek?” he continues to stuff books into his bag.

“Oh, just tell me where the guy is,” Baekhyun rolls his eyes, his left hand fanning his face.

“He’s filling the invitation letters for Li Ah with Luhan at the empty club room,” Kyungsoo smirks, which Baekhyun frowns at.

“… Why are you smirking all of a sudden?”

Kyungsoo shuts his locker close with his eyes fixed on Baekhyun. “Go to the club room, and you’ll find out.”

 

It’s never wise to listen to the devil’s whisper, but Baekhyun has to do it. Sighing, the guy turns around and runs to the empty club room mentioned. He climbs up a couple of stairs, runs across a dusty hall and makes a sharp turn before reaching the empty club room.

 

With just a single glance at Sehun, Baekhyun understands the meaning behind Kyungsoo’s smirk.

 

“He’s in a bad mood, isn’t he?” Baekhyun almost speaks in a mutter, turning to Luhan. Luhan flashed a thumbs up as he sips his coffee.

 

A grumpy Sehun is never a good Sehun. The guy remains silent and poker-faced, quietly filling the invitations into the red envelopes. Baekhyun seriously wants to chuckle over seeing the guy working so hard, but due to various health reasons, he decided to in his lips and take a seat beside Luhan.

 

“So,” Baekhyun clears his throat as attempts to fold a few letters to help out. “How many are you inviting?”

“Does it look like I count?” Sehun replies quickly, his voice dripping with irritation.

“He’s troubled over making an awesome party for Li Ah while retaining his wild party style as well, which doesn’t really make it for the girl,” Luhan sniggers. Sehun kicks his leg under the table, hissing.

Oddly, Baekhyun doesn’t chuckle along. Instead, he gulps and stays quiet. After a while, he finally opens his mouth, “Are you going to invite her?”

“Be specific or get out.” Sehun mutters.

“I think he meant Min Ji,” Luhan says. “Don’t worry, she’s invited.”

Baekhyun immediately snaps his head to him. “No, I didn’t.”

Luhan quickly quirks up to this. “Oh?” he smirks. “Is that so? Then why’s your voice shaking?”

“It’s not shaking,” Baekhyun denies, but clears his throat anyway.

Sehun lifts a brow at him. “Why are you asking about her?”

“I’m not asking about her!” the boy exclaims. “I’m asking about that cheer leader Chanyeol’s going out with,”

“OH... You mean Jin Hee?” Luhan snorts. “Why are you asking about her?”

“She’s coming,” Sehun interrupts before Baekhyun could answer. He takes the stack of envelopes beside him and shuffles through them before throwing one of them to Baekhyun. “That one is Jin Hee’s. Give it to her while you’re at it.”

“What?” Baekhyun scowls. “You should tell Chanyeol to do it, not me!”

“Does it look like Park’s in the room?” Sehun scans the room with mocking eyes.

 

Standing up, Baekhyun huffs and leaves the room with another chore to do. He rushes down the stairs, and upon doing so, he spots Min Ji approaching the stairs from the hall. Upon feeling his stare, Min Ji looks up and immediately regrets it. She halts for a split second and spins around before rushing back to the hall.

 

“Hey!” Baekhyun yells, skipping a couple of stairs before jumping down and rushes over to her.

Min Ji stops when Baekhyun stands in front of her, turning away instantly. “What do you want?” she almost hisses in distress. “I-I don’t have time to listen to you calling me fat!”

Baekhyun rolls his eyes as he reaches out to grab her hand, stopping her from running away from him. “I’m not here to call you fat, Min Ji,”

Hearing her real name coming out of his mouth, Min Ji stops. She turns her head and frowns at him, “… You’re not?”

“Don’t tempt me,” Baekhyun mutters before looking around the hall. “Come with me.” he gestures with his finger, suddenly talking in a hushed voice.

 

Min Ji eyes him oddly from seeing him acting serious. It almost scares her to the point where she’d rather have him behave like the jerk he was. However, she follows him anyway out of curiosity. Baekhyun leads her to the very end of the hallway, and when he finds that nobody’s close enough to hear them, he shows her the red envelope in his hands.

 

“Has anybody given you one of these yet?” he asks seriously.

Min Ji draws her head closer to the object while narrowing her eyes before pulling her head back and shakes her head.

Baekhyun heaves a sigh, though it doesn’t seem like it’s out of relief. Feeling uneasy, he his lips. “You see… Li Ah’s going to have her birthday soon, and Sehun’s going to throw a party…”

Min Ji’s expression quickly tones down, casting her eyes down. “Oh… You’re here to tell me that I’m not invited, are you?”

“No, that’s not it,” Baekhyun shakes his head. “In fact, you’re invited,”

The girl immediately snaps her head back up. “I am?” her eyes widen to the size of saucers. “To one of Oh Sehun’s parties?”

“Yes,”

“I-I can’t believe it! I—“

“Don’t come,”

“… What?”

 

Baekhyun looks away the second he sees Min Ji’s expression shift.

 

“Just don’t come,”

“W-Why not? It’s the first time ever for me to be invited for anything…”

“Just don’t come, okay?” Baekhyun groans.

“For what reason?” she scowls in confusion. “I-If Sehun went that far to even remember a speck like me, I’d surely come!”

“Min Ji, I’m telling you this for your own good,” Baekhyun suddenly wraps his hands on her shoulders, causing her to freeze. “You do not want to come.”

“But, why not?” she asks demandingly.

Baekhyun bites his bottom lip, trying to search for an answer. “Just—it’s complicated, okay?”

 

If it wasn’t for Baekhyun following her wherever she goes just to bully her (and inadvertently spends a lot of time with her), Min Ji would listen to him and back down. However, she knows Baekhyun too well to take the joker seriously.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter