Chapter 9: Sparkle.

Safe Place.

Chapter 9: Sparkle.

#09

    Ebisu Garden landed on the list, of course, not only by its beautiful trees and flowers or castle-shaped buildings but also for its high fashion boutiques, Michelin 3-star restaurants, luxury hotels and spas, and department stores.

    “This place is paradise for Himchan-ah; he would die for being here.” Yongguk walked the crowded streets.

    “What are you doing, hyung?” Junhong asked as the black-haired man pulled from his pocket the phone.

    “Taking pics to make Himchan go green with envy.”

    “You're mean.” Junhong chuckled.

    Yongguk ignored the skyscrapers and statues and aimed the camera at Junhong and before the younger could react, Yongguk caught his gorgeous and clumsy smile.

    “Hyung, I wasn't ready!” Junhong brushed his hair with the hand “I'm not wearing makeup.”

    “That's why I think you're more beautiful than ever...” Yongguk said to himself, he didn't expect for Junhong to listen; it was something that was going through his mind since they met at breakfast with the others.

    Junhong had his hair dyed in light pink and blue, and dressed in a casual preppy style; blue jacket with black, white, pink stars and black shirt and pants of the same color and sneakers.

    Yongguk just saw him and thought the maknae looked flawlessly all right even without makeup.

    “Did you say something, hyung?” Junhong asked.

    “I… think the view is beautiful.”

    “I see...” Junhong were upset, for a moment he assumed Yongguk thought he's beautiful.

    Yongguk quickly pointed the camera at a row of mannequins wrapped in expensive designer clothes to avoid the awkwardness; he slapped himself for shouting out his feelings for Zelo.

    “Since there's a… Shinsegae here, we should take a look...”

    “We don't have money... At least, I don't.”

    “I'll treat you.” Yongguk put his arm around Junhong's shoulders and drove him forward.

 

The department store had plenty sections: books, food, jewelry, clothing, toys, houseware, makeup, gardening, sport stuffs, electronics, furniture, etc.

    Yongguk and Junhong walked from side to side. Yongguk looked everywhere while Junhong looked around, with no interest, to see if there was anything he wanted. There were gift shops packed with teddy bears and other stuffed animals. He didn't need them, fans already brought a lot of plushies for him at MEET&GREETs.

    There were Gucci, Alexander McQueen, Dior, Vivienne Westwood, Versace, Galliano... But in real life, Junhong didn't wear designer clothes everyday; it was too expensive and uncomfortable. Only the magic behind scene with all noonas and hyungs’ help everything seemed picture-perfect.

    “Finally!” Yongguk interrupted Junhong's thoughts.

    The younger was staying behind as Yongguk ran towards a store with windows covered with curtains of shinning crystals. Yongguk entered the store and Junhong followed him, it was a jewelry.

    The counters displayed china, crystal, sterling silver, gold, diamonds, rubies, sapphires, etc.

    “Good afternoon. How can I help you, sir?” the shop assistant was a young woman in a tight Chanel suit with short skirt.

    She always had to smile to the customers, but this time she didn't have to pretend. She was very excited for the ikemen not too tall, but taller than average guys, black curly hair, pierced ears and tattooed chest (she could see because of Yongguk’s long v-collar t-shirt) in front of her.

    “Are you going to buy jewels?” Junhong reached his hyung’s side.

    “Oh... Good afternoon!” the woman stared at Junhong, he was a beautiful man too, taller. His ears also were pierced, so the left side of his nose.

    There were always handsome guys entering the store to buy engagement rings for their girlfriends or lovers, however, there were few hot guys that came in together, then she realized those attractive men were a couple, had to be, they looked great together.

    “Welcome to Jewelrya, my name is Fujiwara Mika, how can I help you? You want to buy an engagement ring or an anniversary present for your boyfriend?”

    Mika bowed deeply to Yongguk, then Junhong, then Yongguk again.

    “What boyfriend? What?” they said in unison.

    “We’re just friends.” Yongguk said.

    “We're like brothers.” Junhong said.

    It wasn't the first time they were taken for gays. There were always misperception and prejudice because the way they dressed or interacted. Sometimes they got awkward, sometimes they didn't give a shi(t) and sometimes they joked about that.

    “Excuse me...” Yongguk said “I'm looking for an engagement ring for a girl... woman... young woman... aaaah...”

    “Calm down, is your first time buying something for her?”

    “How did you know?” Yongguk laughed anxiously.

    “Don't worry, talk me about the girl and I’ll find The.One.” she said.

    “Hold on, hyung, are you getting married?” Junhong asked, mouth wide open, not sure whether be happy, sad or mad for finding such news that way.

    “It's a long story.” Yongguk replied nervously.

    Junhong knew him enough to know he only behaved like that when he was into a girl, then again, he didn't know what to feel for not meeting the mysterious girl yet.

    “The girl... in her 20s... is very beautiful; really... it's an ulzzang... Kawaii, kawaii, kirei..., se(xy), but not a cheap way... She likes pink color and roses; she's remarkable, but not flashy...”

    “We have a white gold ring with pink diamond framed of white little pieces of diamonds.”

    “Aigooooo!” Bang Yongguk scratched his head. He.Had.No.Idea.What.He.Was.Doing.

    “I let you alone.” Junhong ran away from the store like a thief.

   

Junhong walked as far as he could from Yongguk and his engagement ring for his mysterious girlfriend. He wondered if Himchan, Daehyun, Youngjae and Jongup knew that. He felt stupid for not knowing. Junhong got a big bowl of ice cream with all kind of flavors.

    He tried to guess how he should feel about Yongguk getting married. The rapper wasn't getting younger, he was the right age to get a family, and of course it'd be a secret kept from Babyz... but... Junhong... really wanted Yongguk to get marry?

    He liked Yongguk for himself. He was used to be spoiled by every B.A.P's member, mostly, the leader. But if Yongguk gets marry, he will take second place in Yongguk's life.

    Junhong wasn't sure he was in first place to begin with, but they never had much time together, except these weeks after going to the park they used to hang out.

    Even if they didn't speak so much or do a lot of things, Junhong liked being by Yongguk's side, he loved watching him compose music, write lyrics, rap, then sing... He didn't want to lose that to Yongguk's future wife.

    “Junhong! I've been calling you!” Yongguk showed up and sat next to him.

    “The phone is at the hotel.” Junhong smiled big to the other “I'm glad you've met someone to spend your life forever!”

    “What?” Yongguk smiled and stole a bite from Junhong's ice cream.

    “You just bought a ring for your girlfriend.”

    “What girlfriend?” Yongguk frowned.

    “Didn't you buy an engagement ring?” Junhong pointed the lips at the little bag Yongguk carried.

    “This.” Yongguk grinned foolishly “It's a long story... Well, not so long, but... You know I used to go underground; I still hang around with my friends from that time. One of them asked me to buy a ring from Jewelrya for his girlfriend... She likes this Japanese designer a lot. He wanted to make her happy..., but he's sort of clumsy and didn't know what kind of ring to get...”

    Junhong blinked plenty times in relief.

    “He talked me about her and I talked to the clerk about her and she picked the perfect ring.”

    “The way you talked about her, I thought you were really in love.”

    “No way, I was nervous and...”

    “You're nervous when you like someone.”

    “Yeah, but... when that lady from the store asked me about her I didn't know how to describe her, because I didn't love her, not even know her... It's hard to describe your love for someone you don't love...”

    “So you haven’t met that girl you write the songs for yet.”

    “What?”

    “By going to that park again, I started thinking the times and things we talked... You said you didn’t love and you wrote love songs full of passion and eagerness for someone you will meet someday...”

   “I haven't met her yet. But when I do I'll talk you guys before getting a ring. You’re my family and friends after all.”

    I'll be ready to let you go then, Junhong thought, not now.

    “I almost forgot; Jewelrya gifts the customers after they surpass a large amount of money.” Yongguk dropped the things, inside the bag, on the table.

    “These are Jewelrya crystals for DIY bracelets or necklaces, she said.”

    “Like art class in school?” Junhong said.

    “Yea, every crystal has a letter...”

    “Cool, let's make friendship bracelets, because we're friends.” Junhong giggled nervously “Can you believe she thought we're couple?”

    “It's not the first time.” Yongguk laughed uneasily.

    “Yes, but you're going to put a ring on it, ha, ha..., ha, ha...”

    “Ha, ha, ha... Can you imagine? You and I married, ha, ha...”

 

It wasn't the first time they were taken for gays. There were always misperception and prejudice because the way they dressed or interacted. Sometimes they got awkward, sometimes they didn't give a shi(t) and sometimes they joked about that.

    Their friends weren't there to smooth the atmosphere, it were just Junhong and Yongguk... awkward.