Chapter 13: Seven & Days.

Safe Place.

warning: underage drinking

Chapter 13: Seven & Days.

#05

After the petting zoo, the pair went to a museum of classic music where it displayed old-fashioned instruments like hyoshigi, mokugyo, biwa, gottan and pianos from 18th to 20th. Even though they were expensive and unique, there weren’t crystal protecting them. Junhong stood before an old piano made of pink ivory and placed his index finger on one of the keys.

    "Junhong, you can't touch that!" Yongguk said in shock.

    "There's nobody here" the younger said.

    Then they heard footsteps towards them, they exchanged looks in worry, didn't want to end up arrested for touching museum's propriety.

    "Look, there's an exit over there" Junhong said to his hyung and they rushed to the exit.

    They reached the end of the hallway, there was a door in front of them with a sign "Janitor's closet", they didn't think twice and got inside to hide.

    The closet was very small and dark, Yongguk and Junhong's bodies were touching lightly, since Junhong was taller, Yongguk could feel his breathing against his neck, which made him more nervous than he already was. All the day they were getting closer and closer and being trapped in that small room in the dark was too much. All of a sudden, Junhong started laughing startling Yongguk.

    "What are you laughing at?! If we're heard, we may have trouble"

    "Sorry, I remembered something back in school"

    "May I know what is it?" Yongguk asked, worried and curious.

    "It took place long ago" Junhong laughed harder "Ok. Fine. We were in math class, the teacher was late, so I and my friends played seven minutes in heaven. One of my friends got to be with the girl he likes, they went into the janitor's closet, my friend was so jumpy and thrilled he kissed the mop for the whole seven minutes!!!"

    "And?"

    "And? Its' the funniest thing ever"

    It was indeed, Yongguk would laugh like crazy too if it weren't for the fact he was thinking about kissing Junhong.

    "I guess you'd have to be in there to get it"

    "No. No... I... I get it... It's funny..." Yongguk said "I don't hear the footsteps anymore" he opened the door and popped out his head, there was nobody in the hallway "It's clear" Yongguk left the closet in hurry before making the biggest mistake of his life; kissing Junhong.

 

#04

Number 4 on the list was the planetarium, Yongguk and Junhong went to many in field trips, but they never had gone to one in adulthood and much less together, it seemed a couple thing, girls held their boyfriends’ hands and walked around the darkness together. A dazzling darkness that was lightened by the ceiling filled with stars. The technology was so great that seemed real, it was like being under a night sky, Junhong kept recalling, he remembered one night in Seoul like that one. The very first time he got drunk, the very first time he fought with Yongguk.

 

2012

19:00

    "Hyung, Himchan hyung says the dinner is ready" Junhong knocked on Yongguk's door.

    The elder opened the door, Junhong stared at him from head to toe, Yongguk was dressed to go out.

    "I'm eating out; I'll meet friends near here"

    "What kind of friends? Girlfriends?"

    "I'll meet friends from my underground's period. We’ll drink and chat" Yongguk said excitedly.

    "Can I go with you?"

    "It's a bar, you're fifteen"

    "I'm tall; people always think I'm eighteen"

    "Don't you have school? Dance practice, whatsoever?"

    "No. Can I go?"

    Yongguk wanted to say NO. He meant No. But he was weak and always did what Junhong wanted. The other members always complained about Yongguk spoiling Junhong badly.

 

Yongguk and Junhong got to the bar, Yongguk's friends waited for him in a karaoke room. There were dozens of people, boy and girls, they drank and smoked. Yongguk greeted his friends while Junhong stood in a corner, curious and confused, it was the first time he knew Yongguk's friends. Yongguk was really popular, all the boys tapped him on the shoulder and hugged him and the girls jumped on him and kissed him on the cheek, and even on the mouth.

    "Oppa, I haven't seen you since last year!" a girl protested and locked her arms around Yongguk’s neck.

    "Aigo, now you're pro you don't care about us anymore" a friend joked.

    "Who's this?" a girl pointed at Junhong.

    "Ah... He's... He is Junhong" Yongguk said without giving much importance, that made Junhong feel lonely.

    Yongguk ignored him throughout the party. Junhong was bored, there were many cans of beer, wine, whiskey, vodka, rum, etc.

    "Hey" a girl sat beside Junhong and offered him a glass of something that looked like water.

    "I don't drink" Junhong said at the sweet smell from the glass.

    "We're in a bar"

    "I can't" Junhong said and looked at the crowd surrounding Yongguk.

    "Mmm, how old are you?" the girl watched him thoroughly, Junhong may be tall, but his face was young, really young.

    "Old enough to be here" Junhong moved his face so she couldn't see him.

    "Fine, drink"

    "I'd rather no"

    "It's just soju, it's not even strong" she insisted.

    Junhong always wanted to try liquor and nobody was stopping him from that. Yongguk was too busy being with his friends, so he took the glass of soju and drank it bottom up, his throat felt hot as if he ate spicy food, but it wasn't strong at all, the girl smiled and gave him more soju.

   

People started leaving at three o'clock in the morning, Yongguk decided to leave too, there wasn't work or practice, but he wanted to go bed and sleep for hours, then he remembered Junhong, he found the maknae snoozing on the couch, his cheeks were red and there were empty soju bottles by his side.

    "Oh hell, Junhong!!! Did you drink?!!!" Yongguk was kind of tipsy, but he woke up violently at the sight of a drunken Junhong.

    "Oh, no, hell, Junhong!!!" Yongguk shook the younger's shoulder "Wake up!!!"

    "I'm woke... ap... up..." Junhong said fuzzily "What ar yu doing in my room, hyun... hyung?"

    "Damn, Junhong, you're too young to drink"

    "I tried soju"

    "It's very alcoholic when you drink too much, you know, right?" Yongguk said and grabbed him by the arm to make him get up.

    "Why did you drink? Ah? Why?"

    "Dis is a bap... barr... bar"

     Yongguk placed Junhong's arm around his neck (Yongguk's) and led him outside the bar. The streets were isolated and dull, just lightened up by lighting poles. At that time was hard to get a cab, Yongguk thought calling their manager and the others, however, he didn't want to be scolded, moreover, he was sure they were sleeping like a log.

    "Hell, hell, well, fine... The dorms is close, we can walk..." Yongguk said as he felt like falling because of Junhong's weight on him.

    Junhong was really drunk and sleepy. Yongguk was sure the teenager couldn't even give few steps before falling.

    There was a vending machine next to them, Yongguk got a canned coffee and made Junhong drink it, then they sat on the sidewalk. Thanks to fresh air and coffee, Junhong started coming to himself... Kind of, before he could warn Yongguk, he started throwing up, he dirtied the street and the left side of Yongguk's leather pants.

    "Oh my God, sorry" Junhong moved away, ashamed for vomiting on Yongguk.

    But he didn’t go far before losing his balance and falling against the pavement.

    Yongguk tried to hold him, but he lost his balance too, he was a little drunk too. Both lied on the floor, watching the sky, there were still a lot of stars blinking upon them.

    "Hyung, hyung, the stars are moving!!!" Junhong said, scared.

    "The earth is the one moving"

    "The earth?"

    "I don't know"

    "I know I shouldn't had taken alcohol, but you were so busy ignoring me, I suppose I wanted you to pay me attention" Junhong said it frankly thanks to the soju in him.

    "I wasn't ignoring you"

    "You were"

    "I wasn't"

    "You were. If you weren't ignoring me, you'd have noticed me drinking"

    "Fine. It’s my fault, sorry for having a life instead of spending every second with you"

    "Sorry for being a nuisance, I’ll never spend any time with you. You aren't so great!" Junhong said, hurting he went on his feet and ran aimlessly.

    Yongguk got up quickly and watched Junhong run along the street.

    "It's dangerous!!!" Yongguk ran after him and caught him by the wrist "Stop being so reckless!!!"

    "I thought you liked being with me, I really like you and admire you, you're like… like… an older brother I look up to... But you’re sick of me..."

    "I'm not sick of you.... I just.... Sometimes... want... We spend too much time together, and it's ok. Sometimes I wanna be alone or with my friends. It doesn't mean you’re less to me..."

    Junhong bent over, Yongguk thought he was going to puke again, but the younger fell asleep into his arms.

    "You are so reckless" Yongguk wrapped him carefully with both hands and carried him on his back to home.