Chapter 11: Wishing.

Safe Place.

Chapter 11: Wishing.

#07

“Since when Himchan reads?” Yongguk asked as the 7th place on Himchan's list was the library.

    “I think it's for the bakery over there” Junhong pointed at the store next to the library.

    “Aigooo, seriously” Yongguk said.

    “Come on, hyung” Junhong grabbed his hand and dragged him to the bakery.

    “Don't tell me you’re still hungry” Yongguk exclaimed in surprise.

    “Just one coffee and two or three slices of cake...” Junhong rushed into the shop and headed towards the counter where a young lady bowed, smiled and took the order.

    “Hey, hyung, these cupcakes look delicious, so these pies... and these breads have kawaii shapes!!! This bread looks like a butterfly, this is like a cat… Mochii would love it!!!”

    “Sir, what would you like?” the clerk asked Yongguk nicely.

    “Nothing. I’m ok. I’m already full”

    “But you like sweets!!!” Junhong said.

    “If I eat one more cake or whatsoever I'll have sweet nightmares forever”

   

Yongguk and Junhong sat beside the large window and watched couples and parents with their kids walking under the bright sun. The waiter placed the cakes on the table and then two paper sheets.

    “What's this?” Junhong grabbed a piece of paper, was pink with sakura flowers patterns.

    “It's paper made of sakura” the waiter said.

    “I see” Junhong said, excited, and ate it “It's flavorless... It's kinda... bitter...”

    “Because it's paper, for writing, not eating!!!” the man said, incredulous.

    “What? Is it toxic?!” Junhong said with wide open eyes.

    “No, it's just paper. Today the cake shop is giving them to the customers, so they can write their wishes and then make origami cherry blossom with the paper with the wish on and hang it on the tree inside the library”

    “That sounds interesting” Yongguk said.

    “Some ikebana artists and the library decided to join forces to promote the love for reading and nature” the waiter explained before leaving.

    “Junhong, let's write our wishes!!!” Yongguk said with high spirit.

    “I ate my paper”

    “Nevermind, I'll share mine with you” Yongguk folded his paper and split it in two pieces and gave one half to Junhong.

    “Do you have a pen?”

    “I'll find one” Yongguk got up and reached for the waiter while Junhong remained sitting and watching through the window, suddenly the clear crystal got blurry, Junhong blinked few times before realizing it was raining.

    “Here is” Yongguk came back with a pen and offered it to the rainbow-haired young man.

    “It's raining” Junhong said as he took the pen.

    “This place is nice; we can stay here until the rain stops”

    “This brings me memories...” Junhong said.

    “Some girl?”

    “Just memories...”

    “I heard if you walk with someone under the same umbrella in the rain is because you love her and you'll be together forever”

    “I've never heard that”

    “It's a local thing, I guess, I heard it from Jongup”

    “I bet he got that fact from a manga” Junhong smiled and pressed his index finger against the steamed-up window “And what happens if they walk in the rain without an umbrella?”

    “They'll be doomed forever?”

    “That's awful” Junhong scrabbled randomly.

    “Just kidding. I'm sure they'll be together as long as they want it”

   

2012

17:00

    “Hyung, hyung, hyung, hyung, hyung....” Jongup cried out loudly as he ran into the kitchen where Himchan and Yongguk were making the dinner, at least, Himchan. Yongguk was leafing through a manhwa.

    A lot of rookies made their little brothers cook for them, but Himchan didn't want to spend the night in the bathroom.

    “What's going on?” Yongguk asked apathetically. He was too tired from training to pretend he cared at all.

    “Damn, you're all soaked” Himchan scolded as he wielded the spatula against Jongup.

    “Because it's raining”

    “I know, I told you guys to take the damn umbrella, right?” Himchan said coldly “And where's Junhong? Ah? Where’s he?”

    “He's at the library... Actually, he's on the stairs, he fell...”

    “Is he ok?!” the seniors asked in shock.

    “Yes, he just ripped the knee of his pants and his knee, but it's ok. I told him to wait for me as I find the staff to go for him”

    “They took Daehyun and Youngjae to that classic music thing” Himchan said.

    “I forgot...”

    “I'll go for him” Yongguk’s indifference and fatigue changed for worry and distress and left like hell.

    “Wait, wait!!!” Himchan yelled and ran after him “Take the damn umbrella!!!”

    Yongguk didn’t even look back; he slammed the door and ran across the street.

    “I'm surrounded by fools” Himchan sighed with defeat “What were you doing at the library anyway?” Himchan stared at Jongup standing at the end of the hallway “You just read manhwa and Junhong doesn't even know how to read. I saw his literature test”

    “There are lot of stairs around the library and Junhong wanted to show me his skater's skills, everything was chill until he fell from the handrail… He just hurt his knee...”

    “That brat is so reckless, when he comes back, he's gonna have more than a wounded knee!!!” Himchan said hitting the air with the umbrella.

   

The distance between the dorms and the library wasn't so big; Junhong didn't understand why Jongup took so long. The staff in car should take 10 or 15 minutes. Junhong felt like going home by himself, after all, he only got a little scratch on his left knee, but Jongup made him pinky swear he wouldn't go anywhere in the middle of the storm.

    “Junhong-ah!!!” Yongguk cried out startling Junhong.

    The younger looked scared. He was afraid of Yongguk beating him up for being thoughtless. Even if it was a small cut on the knee, they had dance practice tomorrow. Yongguk ran towards him with wide open arms, Junhong closed his eyes and waited for a punch, however, he felt Yongguk's arms on him, wrapping him instead of beating him.

    “Hyung?” Junhong said in surprise. Yongguk wasn’t touchy, he didn't show emotions easily and right now he was holding him in his arms as if he was going to lose him.

    “I was so freaked out!!!” Yongguk shook him by the shoulders “Are you ok? Let me see!”

    Yongguk grabbed Junhong's head and looked for wounds and blood, and then he ran his fingers through his face, neck, chest...

    “Hey, hyung, I just hurt my knee” Junhong patted his knee covered of dried blood “It's not big deal”

    “Fine, I'll take you home and clean the wound for you” Yongguk said turning his back.

    “Where's the car?”

    “I came alone. I’ll give you a piggyback”

    “I can walk”

    “Nonsense, you're the maknae and you’re hurt, it's my duty as hyung to take care of you. So grab my neck and give me your legs”

    “What?”

    “You know, just come here” Yongguk waited for Junhong to jump on him.

    “I don't want to burden you”

    “It's not your call” Yongguk faced Junhong and took his hands and placed them on his (Yongguk’s) neck.

    Junhong felt shame and bad, Yongguk was kind to him instead of beating the crap out of him; he wasn’t even nagging him for skating and falling instead of going home after school.

 

2017

Present

    “It's crazy, it’s sunny again” Yongguk said stepping outside the bakery.

    “It's good, isn't? We can finish the list”

    “I'm sure it's another coffee shop, cake shop or restaurant...”

    “The next place is the zoo”

    “Maybe Himchan thought he can eat the animals” Yongguk chuckled.

    Junhong laughed too as he pictured Himchan with a knife and fork chasing an elephant.

    “Hey, hyung, what did you wish for? I wished for B.A.P to be together for five more years and have billions of fans at the lives”

    “If I tell you it won't come true”

    “Really? I just told you what I wrote...”

    “Don't worry; your wish will come true” Yongguk squeezed Junhong’s cheek gently “As long as we’re together, I’ll do anything to make your wishes and dreams come true. After all, I’m your hyung and you’re my dongsaeng”

    “Then I hope yours comes true too” Junhong said shaking before the touch. Inside the bakery was warm and the streets were cold and a storm of feelings struck him.