Chapter 2: You.

Safe Place.

Chapter 2: You.

8 o'clock in the night.

    Himchan was taking a break from work and went to the hot springs outside Seoul. B.A.P's umma really deserved it.

    Daehyun, Youngjae and Jongup went to the club for drinks, dancing and hook-ups.

    Bang Yongguk stayed at the studio to write songs.

    And last, Junhong was alone at home. Daehyun and Jongup asked him to go clubbing with them, but the younger made excuses about being exhausted from rehearsal and the only thing he wanted it was going to bed.

    But Junhong wasn't in bed; instead, he was before the computer having a video call with Himchan.

    “What do you want, kiddo?” Himchan said with a low voice, red eyes and long face.

    “Uhhhh.... Are you ok?” Junhong asked.

    “Yeah, there are some flowers in here that I'm allergic to”

    “I didn't know you were allergic to flowers.”

    “Me either.” Himchan sneezed loudly as tears filled his eyes “I only want to sleep. So what do you want?”

    “Uhhhhhhh”

    “Junhong!!!!!!”

    “I've been researching foods that boost energy.” Junhong said “Salmon, nuts, almonds, peanuts, tofu...”

    “Go to the point.”

    “I wonder if you know any recipe with those ingredients.”

    “Of course I do. There’s rice aaachoooo with peanuts, grilled salmon with aachooo… Man, I want to cut those flowers from hell-chooo!!! You can make salmon with peanuts, nuts and almonds. There’s fruit salad... that also brings energy... Tofu with Kimchi, both give energy.”

    “You can make spaghetti with tofu and kimchi or soup… Now I’m hungry… The allergy hurts my throat, can’t eat delicious food... Wait!!! Stop!!! Are you feeling sick?” Himchan stopped worrying about himself and started worrying about Zelo.

    “Junhong, you’re feeling bad? You hurt yourself at the rehearsal?” Himchan pressed his forehead against the screen as if that way he could reach the younger.

    “Me? No. I'm ok.”

    “So what do you want with these foods?”

    “Yongguk hyung is still working, I think bringing some food for him.”

    “There's a supermarket near to the studio, Yongguk-ah can go and buy food.”

    “The supermarket only has fast food. It's not healthy.”

    “There's plenty cards with restaurants' numbers at the office, Yongguk can call noona and noona can call for takeout.”

    “But I think homemade food is better.”

    “You don't know how to cook”

    “But you do. Just tell me what to do”

    “Fine, but you own me.”

    “Of course, Himchan hyung.” Junhong waved his hand without giving it much importance.

    “Let's make grilled salmon, it's very easy. Go to the fridge for the salmon, wash it and bath it with soy sauce, sugar, water and oil and heat the pan and wait for one hour.”

    “One hour? You said it's easy!”

    “Easy isn't achoo!!! Easy is not fast-choo!” Himchan started spitting at the screen and cursing the flowers in the world like a manhwa character.

 

Junhong arrived to the TS Entertainment’s building around midnight. The security guard recognized him and let him in. Junhong went to the elevator and pressed the button for the top floor where the studio was.

    “Yongguk hyung!!!” Junhong said cheerfully as he pushed the door and entered to the studio.

    Yongguk was sitting at the table, his arms were crossed and his head rested on them, he had fallen asleep. The laptop was still on and there were cans of coffee and energy drinks everywhere.

    Junhong approached to the older and thought about waking him up, but he looked so worn-out he backed off; he left the bag with the food on the table and sat next to the rapper.

    Yongguk's hair covered his forehead and eyes, Junhong couldn’t help but placing aside the tuft of hair, his finger touched Yongguk’s skin, it was pale and soft and cold. Junhong noticed Yongguk was sweating and shaking with fear, his expression was troubling as though he was having a nightmare, then Junhong remembered his hyung telling him about night terrors because of the meds.

    “Hyung? Wake up.” Junhong shook Yongguk’s shoulder carefully, but the older shrugged and kept his eyes shut tightly.

    Junhong didn't think twice and spread his hand towards one of Yongguk’s and held it tightly and slightly Yongguk’s expression calmed down and his muscles relaxed.

    “I wish I could do more for you.” Junhong said and rested the side of his head on the table and stared at Yongguk.

    Since a child Junhong always believed Yongguk as strong, not only physically but mentally. He never guessed the older having a hard time with anxiety and panic, even depression.

    When Junhong was a trainee, he always felt like giving up and other guys mocked at him and made him cry, but he never gave up. He dried his tears and kept trying because Yongguk was always by his side cheering him up, making him smile and laugh. Now Junhong felt powerless for not being able to bring happiness to the troubled mind of Yongguk.

    The only thing he could do was holding his hand.

    But by holding his hand was enough to cast his demons away?

 

Next day, Yongguk woke up with pain in the neck, he fell asleep against the table again and that was unpleasant. He wanted to stretch his arms, however, he became aware that someone was holding his hand.

    Yongguk looked the hand in his and then looked at the hand's owner.

    “Junhong?” Yongguk shook the younger's shoulder “Junhong? What are you doing here?”

    Junhong half opened his eyes and protested sleepily.

    “Hyung.” Junhong ran his free hand through his eyes to take off the crust.

    “Since when you're here?”

    “Last night... I can't remember. I made food for you and brought it… I found you sleeping, you're always so tired I didn't want to wake you... But you looked troubled as though you were having nightmares, so I held your hand, because you said to me holding your hand made you feel easy.”

    “Sleeping like this at the table it must have been very uncomfortable for you.”

    “Indeed, but by holding Yongguk hyung's hand it was more tolerable. I guess holding your hand makes me feel better too.”

    Yongguk blushed hard and felt awkward and looked away.

    “I'm awake now.” Yongguk released Junhong's hand, he didn't want to, but it was the right thing to do, he couldn't use Junhong's hand as his safe place forever.

    Junhong reached out for Yongguk’s hand, but stopped. He didn't want to bother the dark-haired rapper.

    “Did you bring food?” Yongguk changed the topic.

    “Yepe!!! I made it, Himchan helped, but I. Made. It.”

    “What did you make?”

    “Grilled salmon.”

    “Let's have it for breakfast.”

    “I don't think so; it's already cold and dried.”

    “We can heat it at the cafeteria's kitchen.”

    “It won't taste good.”

    “To me it will since you made it.” Yongguk smiled.