When We Ever Meet Again

The Time When I Stop Loving You

The sound of the wind was the only things that enables him to continue listening to his professor's lecture. Namjoon might be seen as a cocky student, but no one can blame him. He already knows what his great professor was talking about. He had his fair share in music industry and while he stopped studying for a year, he never stopped studying about it. Some might say that it was pure luck that he met some artists that he had been admiring. For example, meeting the person that he has been patronizing for a long time, miraculously visited Korea and decided to stay in the country to build his own music company. He tried sending e-mails to the musician and again, he received a reply. He wasn't able to contain his happiness reading the Korean-American reply to his e-mail, that he shouted and surprised everyone inside the cafe where he was studying with Jin.

He was brought back to reality when the most melodious music played, interrupting his professor's rant about the new musicians who murders the class and prestige of music.

"Alright everyone, see you next week. We will have a short quiz about our topic today. Do you understand?" What's weird was that his professors didn't even listen to their response and went out right after.

As he went out, he noticed some students who were gathering and gossiping. Nothing was really special about it. It happens everyday. They talk about everything under the flowerpot. Girls talk about boys, their new accessories, new clothes, what's hot and not. Boys talk about girls (what base did they unlocked), new games, sports, cars. He doesn't have any negative claims about it. It's the society that they are living in. Those are the important things about them. He doesn't have any rights to be against with it. It's just that he never had this spare time to stand there, inside a group and spent time talking about them. He has so many things that he aimed to accomplish. He has so many things on his plate that sometimes 24 hours is not enough.

But then he should have listened. He should have took his time to stop and understand what they were saying. He should have so that he'll be ready for what's to come. It was a not secret that Park Jimin will be studying in their university. There's no special reason about it actually. His parents just wanted to see him again, so he granted their wish and will continue his studies in Korea. It was just that their university was one of the best universities for Arts. (It would have been a shame if they were not because Arts what in it's name.) So, now that Namjoon was surprised to see the person in front of him was something unexpected. He knows that this will happen again. That he'll meet that person again. But it's just that, not like this. No, not like this. Not when he was in a hurry to meet Jin at the cafe because he remembered that he was asking a favor from the elder and that person will be probably late if he will not hurry. But because of that he didn't noticed someone who's crouching down and he accidentally bump to and all his music sheets flew around and that person lose his balance and sat down on the floor, rubbing his .

"My, that hurts." the boy said. Namjoon heard the voice and something circuited inside his body. That voice. It is a dream? Or it's a figment of his imagination again. He slowly looked up. His mind on war. Does he want this to be true or not? But of course, it's true. He heard about this already. Actually, it even make him lose his strength that his classmate asked him if he was fine when he inclined his back in front of his locker.

When he noticed that the boy was going to look at him, he hurriedly looked down and grabbed his music sheets to leave the place, awkwardly. And while collecting it, he heard the other said, "Man, you should have apologize first." But there's no any annoyance in his voice. He must have thought that it was also his fault that it happened. Because he was fixing his shoelace in the middle of the hallway. He also helped Namjoon collecting. "Sorry, it's actually my fault."

He stopped and contemplated if his going to answer or not. But one thing he realized is that nothing changed. It was still the sweet and thoughtful Jimin. He didn't changed after all. He replied without looking at the other.

"No. It was also my fault. I was in a hurry and didn't look." Jimin smiled in breathy.

"Well, we are both in fault." And it made Namjoon looked at the boy. It was a heavenly sound. He haven't heard it for a long time. Even the last time that he saw Jimin, he heard him crying. The other's smile faded and furrowed his brows and asked him worriedly.

"Are you alright?" This woke him up from his trip down to the memory lane.

"What? Me? Yes, I'm just... Yeah."

"Well, you just froze and stared. I thought tha---" Jimin looked Namjoon straight and deepen the furrow on his brow. And suddenly, his eyes widen. A sign of recognition. "Wait. You're... You... Sunbae? Namjoon Sunbae-nim?"

Still in shock he failed to reply and the smile on the younger face was replaced by an embarrassed smile.

"Of course. You will not. Who would have?"

This made him realized what that he did something wrong. He profusely shook his head.

"No! Of course I know you. Who would not?" It still failed to bring the younger's smile. Jimin thought that almost everyone just knows him as the dancer and just some people remember him as the normal student. Maybe it was a wishful thinking that the elder might remember him that way. And like Namjoon heard his thoughts, he opened his lips again and made the younger smile.

"We are in the same 'nerd' club, remember?" Jimin laughed.

"Wow! It's been a long time since I heard that." He smiled at the elder sweetly. "It's nice that you can still remember me, sunbae-nim." Jimin has this something towards the elder. He looks up and respects him a lot even before. He always felt happy when the elder was around. So it might have hurt him if the elder didn't remember him. As they finished collecting, they stood up and the elder smiled again and thanking the younger when he noticed that he was not smiling anymore. Like his face was void of emotions. The sweet and thoughtful air that surrounds Jimin left, and replaced by ice cold. The younger was looking passed at him. Passed his shoulder.

"Uhmm, Sunbae-nim, I should go now. I think someone's calling you." He pointed at his phone. He saw Jin's picture. The elder was calling. If he answers he's sure that he will hears shout reprimanding him. But he wasn't able to answer it. Specially when Jimin left promising that they should hang out next time without smiling. Walking passed at him and the person he was sure that Jimin was looking at a while ago.

He saw the person. He knows him. He can still see him even after years from high school. Everyone from their batch knows him. It was inevitable for Namjoon to meet him. And it was the same for Jimin. Everyone knows him. And of course Jimin knows him. He knows him very well. After all, who doesn't know Jeon Jungkook?

 


 

He was definitely going to be late for his class, but still waited for Namjoon to answer his phone. He was waiting for him to arrive for almost an hour already. The younger borrowed some of his books for his Science research. The latter was been complaining about it for a long time. He also wanted to help but his papers was also a pain in the and the only thing he can help with was lending his books. He has a class after and if he'll not leave the cafe, his professor will reprimand him, again for being late. And again, because of Namjoon. He's been calling the other and earlier he said that he will be leaving already if the younger didn't arrive after 20 minutes. And now, 40 minutes had already passed. Still there's no sign of the other Kim. These things always happens. One, it's because Namjoon is a hard 10 clumsy. Two, he has so many things inside his head that an appointment will be buried under those new ideas. Three, well...because, even though it might hurt him, he knows it. He was not Namjoon's priority.

Of course, there's no reason why he has to. Maybe we just greedy that he wanted more from their relationship. You can't really blame for asking more. He has been pining for the younger for years. It was just that the younger doesn't see him that way. Namjoon was so caught up with his feelings for someone he likes since high school. It was Park Jimin. Who doesn't want Park Jimin? He is one of the most successful Korean artists in their generation. He achieved something that he's sure he'll never attain. And he will never be the same with Jimin. He already know this but he never took time to moved on. He always felt that a time will come and he will forget about Namjoon. But he was wrong. He was so wrong. It was so hard whenever the younger calls him in the middle of night while he was so busy trying to decipher what he should do first from all the paper works he has, just to let him listen to his new melody or beats. Whenever he clumsily drops his phone, his coffee, sometimes bumping to light posts because he was so caught up from what he was animatedly talks about something funny. And when he just smiles. His smiles that was so perfect. It makes his heart beats faster. He was not even a teenager but Namjoon still makes him feel that he is. And now he was more in deep.

He even has the option to leave and just get mad with Namjoon. He can even ask the barista to give his books to Namjoon because they are already regulars in the cafe. (And of course they know the duo, thanks to Namjoon's clumsiness whenever he drops his coffee and Jin will be embarrassed about it. But the baristas are all angel. Assuring them that it was okay and they find the younger cute and clumsy.) But he didn't. It was his greed who's taking an action. It was his heart who always hopes that maybe the next time they'll see each other, Namjoon will feel something for him. But what's happenning was just an evidence that it'll not happen. He gave up calling him after the twentieth time. He was about to grab his things when he heard the bells at the entrance rang. Right after it, he heard some stumbling noises. People might say he is a hella martyr because it made him smile, but he immediately hid it. He didn't want Namjoon to see it. He must let him know that he was mad. But it was ironic because he was never mad toward the younger. He was more mad about himself.

"Hyung" Namjoon said as he reached his table. He didn't look up as he sat again. He wanted to show that he was disappointed. He was waiting for the younger to speak again but he didn't. He was just standing at the side of the table. Silent. This made him a little annoyed. He looked up, ready to reprimand. When he noticed something different.

"I was waiting for you a long time. You know that my thesis adviser was a pain in the . You could hav---" He noticed that Namjoon was staring at nowhere. Yes, Namjoon was always out of it. But he never had this moment. He was just lost in his artistic thoughts or lost in making music. Not like this.

"Hey! Namjoon!" He waved his hand in front of the younger's face but it didn't snapped the younger. He stood up and helped Namjoon to sit in front of him. As the latter sat, he looked at Jin as the older sat on his chair. He was just looking at Jin. His expression was something that Jin can't decipher. It was strange. Like he saw Einstein walking at street or he saw a UFO. What he didn't know was the younger saw someone who Jin never wanted to know who.

"Hyung, I... I ..." Namjoon tried speaking again. Looking straight at him. He furrowed his brows. It made him more curious.

"Namjoon, I know that you are a grown man with an IQ of 148. And you can speak other species language. But please speak in human language."

"I saw... I saw him."

"Who is 'he'?" Jin asked. But right after he uttered those words. Realization came to him as he saw Namjoon's hesitation and nervousness in trying to say the person's name.

"I saw Jimin. I saw Park Jimin." When Namjoon said this, Jin felt something inside of him cracking. That if no one was around, he will be able to hear his own heart shattering. He was so caught up on how he wanted to make the younger see him. On how he wanted to make the younger happy. On how he was asking for more or just be contented on they are. He was so caught up that he never saw this moment to happen. He never prepared himself that there will come a time that Jimin will be back.

"I saw him again Hyung. And you know what?" He also wanted to stressed out that Namjoon must be one of the most oblivious person he knows. The younger didn't even realized what was happening with Jin. He forced a voice to come out. "What is it?"

"He even remembers me."

"Wow... I... That's wonderful Joon." He smiled. Ironic to his crying and sobbing heart.

"It was so surreal Hyung. I mean that's Jimin. He remembers me." Namjoon kept on rambling words caused by a miraculous encounter. Jin was just looking at him. Silently clenching his chest to relieve the pain. To relieve the feelings that he must've thrown at the start when he learned that someone that it's not him holds Namjoon's heart. And this feeling was made worse when he saw Namjoon smiled. He never saw that smile before. Even when he finished his first mixtape. Even when he finished performing, people cheering for him. 'Is this the smile that was just reserved for that person? Is this how you smiled at him when you were watching him back then Joon? Is this something that you will never give to me?' he wanted to ask Namjoon but he didn't. He just grabbed his things. Stood up bid goodbye. Telling the other some stupid excuse to leave.

"I will try to caught up with my class. I need to attend that lecture."

"But Hyung, I..." He looked at Namjoon. His expression worried. You can say that his a simpleton but it made him a little happy.

"Hyung, are you alright?" Jin smiled. He nodded. And he left the younger shouting his name. He can just justify his abrupt change of attitude next tiem they meet. Just not now. Not now when he feels so tore apart. He needs to go and succumb himself in loneliness until he feels he's alright.