When They Heard The News

The Time When I Stop Loving You

A/N:  The italized words in the latter part means that it was spoken in English. Enjoy ;)

 

"Hey! Have you heard about Jimin Park?" 

"I heard that he's returning in Korea." 

"They said that he's going to rest for awhile maybe he's going stay with his family."

"And his going to end his studies here."

"It's kinda weird huh. Why would he leave New York and study here? While we dreamt about being successful to leave this place. But well, I'll be able to see him now." 

The news started to circulate around the campus. It started at the dance department where 'Jimin Park's' name is a household name. He is like the dream of everyone. The life that he has makes everyone envious. The pictures that were posted in each member's locker was his. He is the standard and everyone's ecstatic to see their idol. 

It run through the corridors, cafeterias and even restrooms where even normal students who also admires Jimin Park, started to talk about him. Girls and boys who are more excited to see someone who have worked with a lot famous stars. Jimin Park is a professional contemporary dancer. He's very famous because all the artists that used his choreographies never experienced defeat. They all won awards. It was like a legend that if you danced to his choreos, you will be famous or become more famous. They said that Jimin Park's dances helps the person dancing to it, to show who they really are. It shows there strengths and also shows that they are vulnerable. People who watches him cries after the final act where he dances a very heart-breaking performance. He was one of the best dancers. Known for his heart-wrenching dances. 

It didn't take long for the news to reach the open fields where the football team is. 

"Guys! Have you heard about the news?" Soowon asked as he joined the group. 

"Nope. What is it?" Asked Jinho who's stretching. 

"Dude! It's Jimin Park! He will enter in our university. He will study here!" He happily announced and everyone who heard the name whipped their directions at Soowon. 

"Seriously?! Wow!" Everyone left their post and went where Soowon is together with Jinho who already forgot about stretching. 

"Of course. Everyone is talking about it already. Dude, I'm so disappointed at you. I thought you are his fan." 

"Of course I am! That was before I met my boyfriend." Jeremy happily replied. He was born in California but decided to live in Korea with his parents. 

"Dude! You're so whipped!" Jinho teased his teammate. 

"But guys, seriously. Would imagine him walking in our corridors with all his glory? I'm beginning to melt now." Soowon said while imagining about Jimin Park walking gloriously in the corridors. Opening lockers, talking with the students and even eating in the same cafeteria. It's like a dream. Well, it's not a secret that Jimin Park is gay. And not everyone in their university are straight and some of them are openly gay or biuals. Maybe they should be thankful about the modern ideologies that it was easier now to come out from their closets. And Jimin Park must be on their top list of the most alluring and most attractive people. A lot of them wants to get in his pants after all. 

Whatever Jungkook is seeing now, is something that he never saw coming. Seeing his teammates dreamingly appreciate Jimin is like a dream. It's the opposite of what happened during his high school days where they took joy in insulting people who they called useless people in the society. Upon hearing the news, Jungkook didn't know what he should feel. Should he be happy? Excited? Ecstatic? Afraid? In rage? What should he be feeling right now?

He prepared himself for this time. When he meets Jimin again. But he never thought that it will happen this soon. And now frozen in place, hearing his teammates talking, he remembered everything happened that night. How he saw tears flowing through someone's cheeks. Those cheeks that he held and the that someone who he promised that he loves, is the same person who was looking at him with gravely lonely eyes. And everything went blurry after it. 

"Cap! Are you alright?" Yewon asked him. He must be in reverie when they guy started talking to him. 

"Uh-- yeah. Am I out for a long time?" 

"Not really. You just froze after Soowon said the news. Are you also a fan od Jimin Park?" That's when everyone looked at him. Expecting an answer. It was not really a secret that their respected captain is gay although they also know that Jungkook never showed any interest in someone. (Except the guy who's always with Jungkook at times when he was sad. Soowon accidentally saw Jungkook crying and that guy from the acting department was with him. They found out that he was just a close friend.) That's why they were all curious about it. 

"Me? I..." he started. Didn't know how to answer. Yes, it's invetible. One of these days, he will see him again. But still, the words doesn't come out from his lips. And like it was planned, their coach arrived asked everyone to gather. 

After the training, Jungkook went straight to his part time job in a restaurant. The restaurant was famous and it was filled by a lot of rich people. He tried his best not to be affected by the news about Jimin while serving. He successfully ended his shift and went straight home. He entered his small apartment of almost four years. He stayed there after he left their house. With nothing, he started to find part time jobs that can help him to continue studying. He was lucky that he was accepted in a very famous university with full grant. He only needs to work hard with his studies and be good in football to continue. But life proved him wrong. It was very hard for him. For someone who was fed with a golden spoon, to live a life with part time jobs and studies, it was very hard. He wanted to quit in some point but he was thankful that there were people who helped him. One of them is his cousin, Seokjin. His cousin is now in graduate school, but still tries to help him from time to time. Seokjin helped him to go through his problems and gave him money to have a start. (At first, he didn't like the idea of receiving money from his hyung but Seokjin encouraged that it was alright. He accepted it while promising that he will pay it after. Seokjin never intended to make him pay but he didn't say anything.) 

He threw himself on his bed and rested his arm on his closed eyes. 


 There was also someone, upon hearing the news had dropped all his books when someone accidentally bumped into him when he was frozen in place at the hallways. 


"Would you like a coffee Mr. Park?" 

"Oh, yes please. Thank you."

"It's my pleasure Mr. Park." 

A little girl walked towards him and seemingly wanted to talked to him. He smiled at the little girl. Upon seeing it, she went to him with a notebook and pen. 

"Hello Mr. Park. I am Jamie. I saw your performance in Las Vegas and I became a fan. I am studying ballet now." The little girl happily told him. 

"Is that so? Well, I believe that you will be great someday. Just don't push yourself too much, alright?" He smiled at the girl. 

After arriving, Jamie and his parents left with a promise that she'll great someday. Wearing shades to cover his eyes that was once open for everyone to see. His eyes that used to be a symbol sunshine and happiness. He walked into the crowd. He walked through the never ending camera flashes, fans with posters and bystanders who were curious on who's the famous person that've arrived. And as he stood in the center, he removed his shades to show the experienced and practiced eye gaze and smile that he perfected in the last three years. This is it. The time when he will give his smile that says,

'I'm back.'