When I Came Back

The Time When I Stop Loving You

"Jimin!" He heard his friend's voice calling his name from the airport gates.

After assisting him to get out, he saw his brother and Hoseok with his boyfriend Yoongi. He knew Yoongi from his classes back in New York. They had the same class and became close to each other. He introduced his two hyungs when Hoseok visited him last year. He didn't see it coming. Well, Yoongi must be one of the few people who must hate happy people. He hates people who has many inquiries about something. And it was a miracle that the elder became close to Hoseok. 

Jimin became a different person in New York. He left everything in Korea. They said that it was his fresh start. But deep inside him, he never felt fresh nor never had something which he can start with. Everything was still a blur. He doesn't know where to start. It was like he was in his first day in his kindergarten. He doesn't know anything. It was everything that he learned vanished. 

"Oh, Jihyun-ah! You became taller!" He ruffled his brother's hair when he finally stood in front of them. Yoongi who graduated earlier decided to have his own music company in Korea to stay with Hoseok. 

 

Hoseok engulfed the younger in a bone-crashing embrace. It was like a million years have passed ever since the last time he saw Jimin. The younger returned the embrace and closed his eyes to feel the warmth radiating from his best friend. 

"Hey kid! Welcome back." Yoongi said and flashed a smile towards Jimin.

He will not lie, he missed the younger. He was like his older brother back in New York. It maybe already the 21st century but there are still people who bullies Asians. And seeing the Jimin back then, his heart clenched. The younger was so lost. It was like he was existing but he's not living anymore. There were no emotions in his eyes. And living in this cruel world, he can see what will be the ending for Jimin. That's when he decided that he will help the younger. 

Jimin smirked. "Hyung! You never changed you know that?" 

"Yes. I know." And he laughed again. While looking at Jimin, he saw the same smile that he had ever since Jimin started to have a new career. His smile that never meets his eyes. He found an old picture of the younger and saw the difference. It was not a secret to him on what happened before Jimin left Korea. Hoseok is still praying for that genuine smile to move back to it's original place. And now that Jimin's back, he's more worried. 

Arriving home, his mom rushed to him followed by his father. He missed this moment. It feels that he is home again. His family moved to Seoul right after he left to New York. It was different compared to Busan's air but he thinks that here is better. He thinks that wherever his friends and family are, that's where home is. 

"Oh, Jimin. Taehyung is inside. I asked him to stay here to help me even though he wants to be there to see you in the airport. I'm sorry if he was not there."

Jimin smiled. They went inside and there he saw Taehyung smiling at him. 

"Jimin. Welcome home." 

"Thank you Taehyung." Jimin smiled and tapped his friend's shoulder when he came near to him. They stared at each other. Like they were having a secret conversation.

Everyone can sense the awkward atmosphere. Yoongi, breaking the ice, suggested to bring Jimin's things to room and ask the younger to rest.

"Uhm, actually I was thinking to visit in the university. I wanted to see it first." Jimin announced. Hoseok's smile was gone and turned into panic. He exchanged gazes with everyone. Jimin must have not known who's in the university. But of course the campus is very big for them to meet, but still.

Sensing something, Jimin laughed. "Don't worry. I know that he studies there. You already told me."

No one needs to ask who is 'he'. He that has the name which is like a curse that no one's allowed to say. 

"Well, that makes it better right?" and again they saw the smile. The smile that they started to witness after everything happened.


His phone started ringing and it woke him. He searched his phone inside his pockets remembering that he slept without changing his clothes. Yesterday, must be a very stressful day for him. He put his phone near to his right ear without looking on who's calling him. 

"Hello?"

"Jungkook... He's here. He came back."

Hearing those words was like pouring ice cold water to his whole body. He never felt more awake. He slowly stood up. Cleared his throat to utter words. 

"He's here?"

"Yes. He just arrived earlier. I--"

"Is that so? Uhm--thank... thank you."

"Jungkook." The voice firmly said his name. "Please, don't do something on impulse." 

Impulse. That was the reason why he was in this situation now. Yes, everything was on impulse. Those words that he uttered were all in impulse. Because he was afraid. He was afraid to lose everything that he was used on having. The fame, friends, his status, football. He was so young back then. He was a hot-young blood. And just thinking about losing all those things for the sake of someone, he thought that it was useless. He can't give up his life just for someone like Jimin. 

Now, he felt tears flowing on his cheeks. His sight is getting blurred. Someone like Jimin. That's what he thought that night. But then he forgot that, that someone is the person who has the sweetest smile. Someone who's always nice and thoughtful. Someone who thought about others first before himself. Someone who never looked at him with any prejudices. Someone who smiled at him and talked to him without putting him in a fake pedestal. That someone is Jimin. The person who fell in love with. That someone who he said was delusional. Someone who he called as a disgusting . That someone who he rejected in front of his whole social kingdom. That someone whom he allowed people to throw insults and disgusted gazes to. That someone who in that moment looked at him with eyes hoping, like it saying, 'Just ask me and I will understand. Just tell me that you love me and I will understand.' But he ignored that someone.

"Please, Jungkook. Don't do something. He's going to enter in our university. But don't do--"

"I know. I know. I know it already." 

The person who's in the other line breathes out. "Thanks Kook. See you later." 

"Thank you. See you later Tae."