When I Tried To End It

The Time When I Stop Loving You

It was a long time coming, and never I have been prepared for it. I was awe-struck by his beauty. But I know that expecting him to act as if he knows me is a mere dream but it still breaks me... because I never stopped loving him.

 

Taehyung was running. He runs more when he saw the yellow mailbox. They painted it when they were still six and they continued to re-paint it every year. Jimin thought that it reminds them how beautiful there first summer together was. That even Hoseok who's a year older than them said that it portrays their smiles, when he moved in their neighborhood next to Jimin's house and became their best bud. Everyone agreed and said that the three of them symbolizes the sunshine.

Yet, Taehyung was now running because one of the sunshines is starting to loose he's shine. He arrived at the doorstep and heard the hysterics that was made by Jimin's brother. He can hear the subtle cry of his best friend.

He breathes in and calmed himself when he knocked at the door. The woman who opened it for him was Jimin's mom who was also trying to control herself from bursting into tears. That's what he loves about the Parks. They are so closely knitted. They are so loving that even knowing their eldest son broke the social standards and was been in a taboo relationship, they just smiled and let their son know that he's loved. And seeing their son like this must be heart-breaking.

As Jimin's mom instructed him to walked into the living-room, he can hear now the loud bursting of hate from Jihyun's mouth.

"Seriously hyung! I will kill that jerk. He should have known what he's doing is a suicide!"

Jimin just continued to cry. He looks more frail. As Taehyung stops in front of a couch where Hoseok was sitting while hugging their friend. Taehyung was beginning to get eaten by his guilt. He was the one who pushed Jimin to confess his love. The words still ringing inside him.

 

"Jimin, it's now or never. This is our last year and if you will not do something, you will just wake up one day and everything you wished for didn't come true."

He was so frustrated to see his best friend pining over a guy who is also pining him. He saw everything. He saw Jungkook who's in the same year as them, looking at Jimin longer from from a normal look. And now seeing his naive friend crying just because he saw that Jungkook accepted a girl's confession behind the gym when he returned the cleaning materials.

"Please Jimin. Just confess to him. Everything about him screams that he likes you!"

"No he isn't Tae. He's straight. He accepted a girl's confession and now they will start dating."

 

His guilt is eating him. He is not a good friend. It was like he was the one who pushed his friend at the top of the hill.

"Tell me where is he! Hyung, I will kill him. That bast--"

"Jihyun. Stop. Taehyung is here." Their mother calmly uttered.

Jihyun faced Taehyung and the younger's furrowed eyebrows began to get deeper.

"Look! Tae-hyung. This is what you did. I was right all along. That guy was a mistake."

"I didn't expec--" he looked at the floor, controlling his tears.

"Of course you will say that. You just wanted them to be happy. Well look at this!" Jihyun pointed at Jimin. "Look how happy my brother is when we saw him..." Jihyun's started to stutter from his words. Tears started to fill his eyes. "Drowning... himself at the tub." It also breaks his heart talking to his Tae-hyung like this. But he can't control his anger whenever he sees his brother miserable because of a relationship that was initiated by Taehyung.

"Jihyun-ah. That's enough." Jimin's mom slowly walked to Jihyun and hugged the crying kid. He is still a kid after all. And it breaks a mother's heart to see his sons like this.

Taehyung reached to Jimin slowly. He's now a crying mess. Hoseok silently crying and reached the top of Taehyung's head. He knows that it's true.

 

Taehyung pushed the shy Jimin to confess after months of crying. Everything went well after. Jungkook also confessed that he likes their friend and started dating secretly. Secretly. Jungkook can't come out because he is very famous, many people look up to him because he is their football team's captain and parents who are respected and are member of the 'we-hate-LGBTQ-they-should-be-banished'. And because Jimin is very kind, he accepted it. It was very nice to see their friend happy. They can also see Jungkook happy. That's why it was a surprise to them when Jungkook arrived at the graduation ball with date. A girl. Jimin was so devastated and drank different kinds of liquors. The drunk Jimin went to Jungkook and asked for an explanation why he brought someone else. When one of his teammate asked Jungkook why the nerd-shy-uncool Jimin knows him and was talking to him, Jungkook said,

"Of course I don't know this nerd."

"Hey! What are you doing Jungkook?" Asked Taehyung.

"What are you talking about Jungkook?" Jimin asked looking straight at his boyfriend.

"Dude, are you sure that you don't? He's acting like your boyfriend." And that was the cue. Cue to a laughing and insulting crowd. Hoseok saw the panic in Jungkook's eyes and the next words that was uttered by Jungkook forced Hoseok to launch forward to punch Jungkook.

"What?! Are you kidding me? This nerd? My boyfriend? You're so disgusting. He must be delusional. Getting drunk and confessing all his delusions about me. Disgusting !" He directed every words to Jimin's breaking heart.

 

No one expected it to happen. No one. Maybe only Jungkook. And even though it's breaks their heart, no feeling can be compared on what Jimin must be feeling. No one can understand how he felt when he entered his bathroom, wearing the necklace given by Jungkook. What he was feeling when he sat in the tub. What he felt when he opened the tap and water slowly filling up the tub. What he felt when he closed his eyes and accepted that everything will meet it's end.

 

"I love you Jimin. You don't know how much I love you. I... I never felt anything like this before." Jungkook cupping his cheeks using his warm hands. Looking through his eyes. Sending his love to Jimin.

"Thank you Jimin for understanding my place."

"Of course Jungkook, because I love you."

"I love you too."

And they sealed the moment as their lips met each other's.