When It All Came Crashing Down

The Time When I Stop Loving You

"Oh, dear please. Let's go out. You will not get better if you will only stay inside." Jimin's mother pleaded while her husband rests his hands on her shoulder. She sighed and closed her eyes. Tears beginning to swell again. It was a week ago when Jimin tried to end everything. His best friends tried to make him feel better but still failed. Jihyun who lost his temper, apologized to Taehyung and the elder just embraced his friend's brother while comforting that it was fine and he understands. 

Jimin only stayed inside his room. Hidden under his blankets. It was already summer but he stayed home. Afraid that he will see Jungkook and his date from time they last met each other. Afraid of the people who will only throw insults and judgments towards him. Yes, he knows that he is loved by his family and friends. But no one can blame him. He's still a fresh graduate from high school and undergoes the phase where people's thoughts have a great impact in life.

He's very famous in school. He was the their "school's nerd" but no one bullies or treats him like a loser. It was kind of ironic but it was like almost everyone admires him. He is very polite, charming and intelligent. No one picks on him. Maybe because he is one of the school's pride. The teachers, staffs and even the principal are good to him and protects him. But of course life has it's ups and downs. He maybe not a loser but he's definitely not a cool person, based on what certain group of people said. 

Students from the sports team is in a different level of famous. They are all beautiful. A lot of people look up to them. They are so popular that every student in their school knows a secret or two about them. It was like they are the celebrities inside this social kingdom. And in that kingdom's core, a king was seated. That king is Jungkook. The football team is definitely the school's sports team's pride. Ever since Jungkook joined the team, they never experienced defeat.

Now that Jungkook's words spread throughout the school, he will never be able to look at his classmates, schoolmates, school staffs, teachers and principal who are certainly disgusted at him.

After that night, Jihyun grabbed his phone and they disconnected their internet connection to avoid Jimin seeking his social accounts. Jimin decided that it was fine. But nothing will be able to hurt him more than Jungkook's piercing words. The same lips that uttered words of love was the same lips who cursed and insulted him. 

The telephone at the living room suddenly rang and it was his father who answered it. Jimin's mother curiously looked at her husband when she saw how his lips tighten into a line. Her curiosity was answered after her husband hanged up the call. 

"They want to talk to him."


"Jimin, is this true?" Asked the principal. They are inside the principal's office. Jimin is between his mother and father and across them seated was his homeroom teacher and the school counselor. 

"Jimin, we wanted to know the truth. The..." the principal started and looked at his homeroom teacher first before he continued, "the universities that were offering you scholarships backed out." 

His parents looked up and as his mother opened her lips, the homeroom teacher beat her to it. 

"There were many students that were in the ball. Well, we think they must be jealous of your son. They told their parents which we think were influential and those parents were in rage. Talking about gay and lesbians--- are, well---uhmm--"

"Disgusting and should be killed?" Jimin continued. 


After Hoseok launched a punch on Jungkook's face, his teammates held him and helped their captain to stand up. 

"You, ! Are you ing with us now?! What!? Disgusting?!" Hoseok shouted. In rage on how Jungkook was able to say those words to someone who he's inlove with.

"You! What are you doing. We are just joking dude. Why are you serious? As if like it's true." 

Everyone saw how Jimin's body turned into ice. Everyone felt the strange atmosphere and they exchanged looks. 

"You--You're gay?!"

And it's the cue again. All the insults. 

"Wow! The school's nerd is ing !"

"He's so disgusting!"

"I can't believe that I tried to be friends with him."

Everyone is looking and picking on him as if his someone in an open market. But even in this situation he looked at Jungkook and hoped that he sees something. That he will see that he's sorry as if saying that 'please understand it. Believe that I love you', but there's none. He was just standing there, at the center of the social kingdom, throwing stones until he's dead. 


"Jimin, son. Don't say that." 

"No, it's alright. I understand. I apologize for all the troubles."

"Jimin--" his teacher calls as he stands up and opened the door to get out of the room. 

"It's alright. Give him some time." The principal stopped the teacher and looked at his parents. "This will be very hard. But please remember that whatever happened, what we think about Jimin will be the same. But of course the rest of the world is different." 

The principal handed a brown envelope and looked at counselor. It was like asking her to explain what's inside the envelope. 

"Mr. and Mrs. Park, this is a very sensitive phase. You need to be strong for Jimin. I've been talking to him ever since he started here because he visits me from time to time. That's why I know that he's emotionally stable." The counselor will never forget how Jimin tells her his daily life and all the pressures he suffers from. And he knows that the day that Jimin told her that his love was reciprocated, was the happiest session he had with her ever since they started. "But of course, this is something different. But I believe that it will be fine as long as you're all with him in this fight. And also..."


Jimin walked through the hallways and entered into his classroom. He saw some scribbles and even notes of hate on his desk. It was written the day after the grad ball. It was the time when they will get all their things and listen to their have their principal's last message to the students. He read all their curses and as it was like they are all there saying it to his face. He went to his locker to see that it was open and his books are all tarnished and has vandals of words or curses that he never knew existed.