When You Need To Choose

The Time When I Stop Loving You

He called Jungkook to inform him about Jimin's arrival. Ever since he continued being friends with Jungkook, he's friendship with Jimin changed. Well, he can't really blame Jimin. He really can't force his best friend to like his friendship with the person who ruined his life and even his future. But he also can't help himself helping Jungkook. Maybe people will not be able to understand. He always had a soft heart for Jungkook. He can't explain it but he still have it even today. Well, it must be the time when Jungkook did something for him. And knowing that, he knew that Jungkook will be able to love and protect his best friend. That's why that night, when Jungkook said all those venomous words to Jimin, he didn't believed it at first. He wasn't able to comprehend it. He was the person who saw everything. He saw how Jungkook looked at Jimin a genuine affection. Everything just became clear to him when he received a call from Jimin's mom that his best friend since they were six years old tried to end his life. 

And now having a friendship with Jungkook must be a mortal sin. When Jimin asked him why, he wasn't able to say the real reason. 

"So, you informed him about me? I never thought that you will be his spy." He heard a voice right after he hung up the call. He didn't noticed the orange-hair guy entered the guest room where he stayed last night because Jimin's mom and Jihyun asked him to sleep there for Jimin will arrive very early. 

"Oh, Jimin..." he answered. Everyone was in the dining room when he went upstairs. 

"You didn't answer my question Tae." Jimin looked at him. He wasn't able to read his facial expression. Jimin's face was void of emotion. 

"No Jimin. I was just making sure that... he will not do something." 

Jimin smiled but it was not a genuine smile. "Well, I didn't know that you already have that kind of relationship with him." Jimin walked to the small table near to the end of the bed. "You can now control his emotions." 

"No, Jimin. It's just that I was try---" 

"You know what Taehyung? I've tried asking you this before. But you never answered." Jimin looked at him again while holding an action figure which they built when they were ten years old. Mrs. Park put it there because the room was like Taehyung's already. He held it with his two hands.

They were so focused that they didn't realized that Hoseok entered the room. "Guys, what are you doing here? Everyone's waiting for you two." The elder sensed the absence of Jimin and Taehyung at the dining room. He was afraid that something might happen if Taehyung and Jimin will be left alone. And what he thought was right when he felt the intimidating atmosphere inside the guest room when he entered. 

Everyone knows that Taehyung continued his friendship with Jungkook. He already confronted the younger about it. Because even he, is still in rage whenever he sees that person. But who is he to judge Taehyung. Taehyung is the most trusting person in the world. He always believed in the goodness of humankind. Well, the three of them did. But the cold world gave them a very important lesson that they learned in a hard way. So, instead of pushing Tae to hate that person. He just let it go. But Jimin is a different case. When he found out about it, he didn't speak to Tae for almost a year. They needed Jimin's parents' and Tae's parents' intervention just for Jimin to speak with him again. But their friendship was already strained. And this situation added to his long list of the reasons why he hate Jeon Jungkook. 

"So Tae. I will just ask you again. Will you stay friends with him even I say that if you continue I will treat you as a nobody to me like him?" Jimin continued still looking straight at Taehyung, like Hoseok didn't say anything. He said it, not wearing any emotion. 

"Jimin..." says Taehyung. He can already feel his tears swelling in his eyes. 

"Jimin, let's not do this. You just came back after all." Hoseok tried breaking the tension. But of course, Jimin has his own plan.

"Why don't we hear the answer of our dearest friend, Hoseok-hyung?" Jimin raised his voice. Like he was challenging Taehyung. "So, what Tae?" 

"Jimin... stop. Don't do this, I beg you. Please... just don't." Taehyung answered and the tears that he was controlling earlier already gave up it's hold onto his eyes. 

"Tae, it's so easy. You just have to answer yes or no."

"Please don--" Taehyung pleaded. Brushing his eyes using the back of his hand. But Jimin had enough.

"--Jimin..." Hoseok just above the whisper

"It's easy Tae. Just say it." He commanded firmly.

"No, I can't." Taehyung answered crying. His voice was so small. He never wanted to do something like this. He loves Jimin so much. But Jungkook is also--

"You can't?" Jimin raised his eyebrows. It was like he was making sure that he heard it right.

"Jimin, just drop this. Tae has his reasons." Hoseok answered. Sensing hate from Jimin. 

"Reasons, huh?" He looked at the action figure that he was holding and opened his lips. Smiling again.

"Well, because you have your reasons. I will make everything easier for you, Kim Taehyung." Jimin looked again at Taehyung but the smile he was wearing was scary. It sent chills to Taehyung's spine. Hoseok who's witnessing it asked himself who is the person that he's looking at. It was like it's not their friend. It's not Park Jimin. 

"Wha... What do you mean, Jimin?" Taehyung asked. Frightened. 

"Well, let's just say that. I already chose on behalf of you." He scrutiningly examined the action figure that he's holding and them looked at Taehyung again. The gaze was freezing, ironic to his smile that he had back then that can make the rain stop and make the sun shine throughout the darkness. 

The two of them stared at the man who was like a stranger. Still in disbelief, Jimin continued smiling. 

"Remember, when I lose everything?" Every word that comes out from Jimin's lips were like bullets killing Taehyung. Especially the next ones. "Well, I have nothing to lose. And losing one friend doesn't affect me anymore." And he threw the action figure to the near trash bin and left the two inside. Frozen in place.

That's when they realized that they totally lose their friend. They lose Park Jimin. And again, this was added to Hoseok's long list of the reasons why he hates despise Jeon Jungkook.