[SP] When I Saw You Crying

The Time When I Stop Loving You

A/N: This is Namjoon centric

 

He woke up early today. He wanted to visit Mrs. Choi and to talk to her. He missed talking to his high school counselor and wanted to surprise her. After meeting his senior from the university for their project, he went straight to his former school.

Arriving at the school, almost sunset, he reminisced the days that he had in that place. He can still remember his friends laughing and playing at the rooftop. He may be a new student that time, but in that one year, he had the best time of his life. Every time they finised their classes, they will go out and will visit their favorite karaoke place. They will impress or make bluffing remarks to the owner to extend their time. After that, they will visit their favorite ramen place and it will be hard for them to go home because they have to take their seperate ways. 

As he walked to the corridors, he saw the lockers. Some of them are open. Must be left open because the owner must be so ecstatic to start their summer vacation. And then, he noticed a locker where it was like a storm landed on it. All the books were tarnished, notebooks where covered in black paint, and scribblings which he never imagined that he will ever witness. Is this his school? Is he in the right place? He never thought that students will be able to write such things. Maybe he was just naive or lucky to have great friends that he was blinded to the dark side of the school. He might have noticed bullying before but stayed as a bystander because he's already happy in his life. 

"Hello?" he knocked on the counselor's office door. 

"Oh, please come in. Is that you Mrs. Park?" answered by the woman from inside the room.

"Well, I am certainly not a Mrs. Definitely not a Park. I am Mr. Kim." he answered as he smiled with his dimples as the counselor's eyes widen. 

"KIM NAMJOON?!" she excitedly exclaimed.

"The one and only Mrs. Choi." 

"Oh my gosh! Namjoon! What are you doing here?" 

"Well, just wanted to see if everything's good in the business." He joked.

"Brat!" She chuckled. "Take a seat." 

They talked a lot. He told her his everyday life in university. She also told him some news anout the school. That's when he remembered something. 

"Oh, yeah. Uhm Mrs. Choi, on my way here I saw one of the lockers in the corridors. Is th---" 

The counselor lost her smile. And sighed. "I'm sorry Namjoon but I can't really tell you the full details. One thing that I can tell you is that, that person now is maybe having one of his biggest trials in life. I just wish that he'll make it." 

He understands why the counselor decided not to tell him. It's part of their job. And most especially, it was not his business after all. 

"Namjoon, promise me that you will not be an assailant or a bystander. There are a lot of people that suffers from something that they don't deserve to receive ever in their life." Mrs. Choi looked to him. And that look tells him that she expects him to do her request. 

"Please Namjoon, if you ever see someone hurting, please give a hand to that person. They need it. Even though that you think it's a little act. It can be a big shift in someone's life." She stared at him and he unciously nodded. 

They heard a knock and there was a woman followed by a man who must be her husband, entered the office. 

"Oh, I'm sorry Mrs. Choi. We didn't know that you have a guest." The woman apologized after she saw him.

"Oh, it's not a problem Mrs. Park. This is Kim Namjoon. He is a former student here. He is now a university student. He must have missed his alma mater." He bowrd at the two. 

"And Namjoon this is Mr. and Mrs. Park. You must heard about our school's pride Park Jimin, they are his parents." 

Oh, Park Jimin. He heard that name before. He might have seen the kid once or twice. He was also a member of the cream of the crop when he was still in high school. And that society is kind of small. It's just that he never had the chance to talk or had a decent look at the kid. He heard that the kid is in his last year in highschool already. The school must find a good replacement for the kid.

They bowed to each other as they exchanged greetings. They maybe going to talk to the counselor that's why he excused himself already. And right after he bid goodbye, he opened the door to get out from the room. But as the door closes, he heard a subtle voice asking the whereabouts of Park Jimin. The kid maybe reminiscing his joyous time in the school before he leave. 

He went to rooftop where it held the most special and happiest moments he had with his friends. As he stepped his right foot on the last step of the stairs, he heard a cry. It was a very sad cry. All the sniffs and sobs are gravely sad. He stopped himself to step into the place but his curiosity won the fight. That's when he saw a very familiar frame. He can't certainly pinpoint who but it was so familiar. As he moved to retreat back, the person's phone rang. As if contemplating to answer it, he let his phone rang for almost a minute. But then the boy answered it. 

The person was not saying anthing. He must be listening to the person calling him. And then suddenly the boy used his palms to removed his tears from his eyes and brushed his brown hair up and Namjoon felt his eyes widen. His heart skipped a beat. He heard his eratic heartbeats. He must have seen the most beautiful person in his life. As the sunset shines upon the boy, his tears glistening. He felt the boy's sadness. What could have happen to him to make him this sad? 

"Yes, mom. I will see you at the entrance." The boy answered and everything clicked in. That voice. The voice that made him whipped his head at the cafeteria while eating with his friends, unfortunately not seeing who had the melodious voice. 


"Hey Namjoon! What are you looking at?" 

"Oh, I just heard something. What are you saying again?" 

"Tsk. You're doing it again. Whose voice is that seriously?" 

He just smiled at his friend and continued eating his lunch. Wondering might be the owner of that voice. 

"I think that's Jimin's voice. Well the kid has a very nice voice." Seeing his clueless reaction, Jisoo continued. "Jimin. Park Jimin. He's in second grade. Joon, he's even one of the top students with you. You must go out sometimes." 

"And going out will make me know him?" 

"I hate you. That was an expression." 

He laughed at his friend. "How did you know? About it huh?" Hansung asked Jisoo. 

"Well, he's a very nice kid. He always greets his seniors whenever he sees one. And he talked to me once, although he's very shy. He  always volunteers in some charity works in our school and he's also very cute." 

"Oh, someone has a crush on that Park Jimin kid, huh?" Hansung teased. 

Jisoo just smiled and blushed. Seeing this made him smile. While Hansung cooed his friend, he felt thankful that his friends are not homophobic or something. He accepted him as who he is. 


Remembering that time, there's also something that resided into his mind. There was a name that his eyes noticed as he scanned the tarnished books, notes painted in black and some scribblings at a certain locker awhile ago. It was Park Jimin.