Chapter 13

Be mine, forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sooyeong Omoni, how are you?"

 

 

Both Jiyeon and Jieun watch the warm welcome and hug of Hyeri to Sooyeong the moment they entered the lobby of the hotel. They were invited to attend an exclusive concert just for the elitist guest that's why they came. Myungsoo left them for a while to talk to the host and that's when they saw Hyeri with the other guests.

 

 

"Hello, Hyeri. I'm fine. How about you?" Sooyeong greeted the young woman calmly.

 

 

Jiyeon can't help but to shook her head. If she didn't know any better, she'd think that Hyeri was stalking them or more specifically Myungsoo. And to make things even more embarrassing, the woman was pushing herself to her Mother in law! It was beyond shameless.

 

 

"You know her?" Jieun ask curiously.

 

 

"Do I?" she shook her head. "I know it's bad to talk behind people's back, but that woman is really different. She's utterly obsessed with Myungsoo! I can sense that she wants to tell straight to my face that Myungsoo is hers and give him up to her."

 

 

That made Jieun laughed. "So there's already an confrontation."

 

 

"That's why I didn't want to go to parties. I know that I will see her." she said then sighed.

 

 

Both turns to look at Sooyeong's direction who was forcing herself to show respect infront of Hyeri even though she's getting annoyed by her presence.

 

 

Jiyeon still couldn't believe that she was scared to meet Kim Sooyeong specially when she saw her. The whole week that her Mother in law stayed in their house, she already got Jiyeon's heart. She was a lively old woman and very charming. It was unbelievable that she was related to Myungsoo. No wonder Hana loves her so much.

 

 

And Jieun. They easily got close to each other even with the wariness between them from the start. She learned that Jieun was Sooyeong's goddaughter and was obligated to accompany the old woman since she treated her like a daughter. Jieun was a good person underneath the prim behavior and Sooyeong liked her very much. With Hana in tow, the four of them are always together when shopping.

 

 

Jieun giggled when she notice her expression. "I know exactly what you mean. How do you think she made me agree to be seen by Myungsoo as a potential wife? Honestly speaking, I was so relieved that you two are married. Let me tell you a secret, I'm scared of Myungsoo."

 

 

She grimace slightly. "I think I know what you mean."

 

 

Once again they heard the high pitch laugh of Hyeri and they look at her direction again with Sooyeong.

 

 

"So the two of you have met? How was it?" ask Jieun.

 

 

Jiyeon frowned while remembering those times. "She's like a stalker. Sometimes, when I am back facing her I can sense that she was glaring at me and I can feel that she wants to poke my eyes out."

 

 

Jieun laugh. "I know what you mean. When Aunt Sooyeong brought me here last year to meet Myungsoo, I swear, she almost challenge me into a fight when we bumped into each other inside the comfort room." Her face became serious. "But you have to watch your back, Jiyeonah. I'm not sure how I know but I think there's something seriously wrong with her."

 

 

She nodded her head and silently agree with Jieun. The both of them are feeling the same way. Even her cannot explain why, but there was something about the way Hyeri looked at her that told her to watch her back.

 

 

"God, Sooyeong Omoni, I'm really so glad that you are here! How long is your stay here?" Hyeri ask still laughing to the older woman. "We should go shopping some other time."

 

 

Sooyeong shook her head. "I'm sorry, Hyeri, but my stay here will only be until the next week. There's a family matters I have to attend to. I'm reserving this time for my family."

 

 

That was when Jieun and Jiyeon walked towards the two and the latter saw how Hyeri's eyes turns cold to Sooyeong's answer but the smile on her face didn't disappear.

 

 

"Is that so? Oh, so how do you like your new... daughter in law, so far?" Hyeri ask after glancing at her.

 

 

She stay stilled and waited for Sooyeong to say something about her. She knew that it shouldn't matter to her whatever her Mother in law's opinion about her but... if Myungsoo's Mother didn't like her, does it mean she have to leave Myungsoo? Shouldn't she be happy because of that prospect? She'll be free, isn't that what she wanted?

 

 

If that so, then why does she feel like having a trouble breathing when she thought about leaving Myungsoo?

 

 

"I think my son has chosen well." finally Sooyeong answered. "She's very pretty, smart, independent and a very loving person. She's just what my son needs."

 

 

Hyeri's smile suddenly vanished. "Really, Omoni, you are really so kind. Imagine, you just accepted the woman that Myungsoo had married even without your blessing like you didn't even matter to them. Aigoo, Omoni! If I were in her place and Myungsoo proposed to me, I won't get married without your blessing."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter