Chapter 9 - Unexpected Lunch?

Follow the Heart

Suzy took a deep breath. Exhaled and opened the big wooden door. As she walked in, she saw that Chang Wook was on a conference call. He saw her walk in and showed 2 fingers, indicating to give him 2 minutes. Then he gestured her to sit anywhere. Suzy nodded and sat down at one of the coaches. She looked around the room, the interior is very modern and she could see that he liked black and white, for a guy in the fashion industry. She couldn’t help but giggle on how serious her second prospect is.

She stole a glance at him, he had his sleeves folded up to his elbows, his tie was a bit loose and he was wearing round glasses that made him look charming. The picture of what a girls would fall for. Her hand started to sweat, her stomach developed butterflies. Nervous on the possibility she would just get rejected and him thinking she was foolish to come here in the first place. No! He made time to even meet with me. She had come to pay her gratitude and take the leap of asking him out for a date. Chang Wook was finally done with his call and walked over to Suzy, she stood up and both of them bowed for their first greeting.

“Annyeonghaseyo!” Suzy greeted with a smile, hoping he doesn’t notice her shaking hands.

“Yes, annyeonghaseyo, Miss Bae! Sorry, I think this is our first time meeting, officially?” Brows raised while gesturing her to sit.

“Yes, it is. We’ve met a few times at a few functions but nothing too serious. At the last function at the Bae residence, you helped me avoid an embarrassing scene and I just wanted to come by and express my gratitude. You had left before I could.”

He nodded and slowly smiled. “I’d rather be the one getting wet than let a woman dressed so magnificently ruin her look and I must say, you were the belle of the ball that night.” Suzy felt her cheeks heat up and she was turning all shades of red. He continued, “But you didn’t have to come all the way here for that. ”

“Thank you but I actually want to ask whether you’d like to grab lunch together? My treat, as a sign of my thanks.”

He took a brief look at his wrist watch and he took out his phone, fiddling around on it. Suzy didn’t expect he would be free since she came unexpected and he is a busy CEO.

“I’ve cleared my lunch plans, shall we head out?” Chang Wook stated, showing no expression. Suzy didn’t know how to react.

“Oh, is it ok? I know I came in unexpected, I don’t want you to push any meetings.”

“I am not going to reject an offer from a lady who came all the way to thank me and push her out the door. I wouldn’t do my father justice.” He chuckled and rose from his sit, Suzy follow suit. “Give me 5 minutes to arrange a few things with my assistant then we can head out?”

“Yeah... Sure! I’ll just go to the ladies room for a bit?”

“Ok, it’s down the hall on the right.”

Suzy looked at herself in the mirror, trying to steady her breathing and the butterflies in her stomach. Calm down Suzy.  You haven’t even asked him on a proper date yet. Ok, now I just have to go through the lunch and see whether I could see him as a potential husband. She thought back on how Chang Wook mentioned how she looked at the party and felt heat crawl up to her cheeks. She shook her ahead to stay focused and headed back out.

She saw him waiting by the lifts, leaning on the wall typing away on his phone with his assistant beside him taking notes. He got on a blue coat and had spruced up. She walked up to him and he pocketed away his phone and turned to his assistant. “Get the car to come to the front now. I’ll be back later, don’t forward any messages.” He turned to face Suzy, “It’d be rude to entertain anyone else when I’m with a guest.” He gave a small but sincere smile. “Yes, sir!” The assistant chirped, bowed and headed back to her desk. At the same time, the elevator pinged and opened.

“Shall we?” He says as he extends his hand for Suzy to get in first.

“Yes, thank you!” Shocked at how Chang Wook was taking this all so easily.

“I wasn’t sure whether you had a place in mind to go but I asked for my car to be sent to the front. If you have a place in mind, I can drive us there?”

“Ah, yes! I do actually. Sorry if I seem kind out of it. I just didn’t expect for you to be free to actually go for lunch with me.” Suzy turned to him. “But I’m glad you are able to.” She smiled, thankful that he didn’t seem like the stuck up man she thought he was.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey there! Sorry that i didn't post for SOOOO LONG! Here is a lil update. Comments are highly appreciated!

These are the looks JCW had and his office for this chapter. 

Image result for ceo office modern

photo864433.jpg   402580bcd96c5644ae1cc10ddd670cd5.jpg