Chapter 3 - Fate

Follow the Heart

                Joy was still jumping up and down while hugging Suzy. Joy suddenly stopped and she was facing the pile of pictures, Suzy was facing the other side.

                “Well, who are the guys?” Suzy was about to turn around when Joy grabbed her shoulders tightly. “Ow! What’s the matter?” Suzy asked shocked at how Joy is acting all of a sudden. “Suzy, you have to promise me. No matter what, you will go through will all the dates until the very end.”

                “What? Why do I have to promise?” Suzy asked, looking puzzled at what Joy is saying.

                “Suzy, please! I just want you to go through with this plan and not back out half way. I know you are not the type to give up on anything easily or half-heartedly but just this once, you must promise, to go through with this plan till the very end.” Joy says and Suzy just stares at her.

“Promise?” Joy asked.

“Promise.” Suzy replied casually. I can just worm myself out of this later. She thought but then Joy proposed something she did not expect.

“Wait, I have to get this in recording, if not there’s no proof.” Joy said while she went and grab her phone. If not you’ll try to escape this somehow.

Joy pressed the recording button. “Ok. Do you, Bae Suzy, promise to go through with the plan of dating four guys in order to find the man you will marry?”

                Suzy could not help but laugh. She was beaten. She had no way out now. “Yes! I, Bae Suzy so promise to go through with this plan. Promise on all my bag collection or burn them all if I back out.”

                Joy stopped the recording. “Well not burn them, you can give them to me.” They both laugh and let out a sigh. “Are you ready to see the four guys you will be asking out and potentially may end up as your future husband?” Suzy just gulped. “I’m ready!” Joy turns Suzy to face the pile of pictures and Suzy scanned to find the pictures the stones landed on. Suzy could not help but gasp when she realizes where the stones ended up on.

                The first stone she saw landed on a picture of a man that was smiling whilst talking to someone. The second stone landed on a picture of a man drinking coffee, being playful as to just hold it by his mouth. The third stone landed on man leaning against his motorcycle, giving off the bad boy vibe. The last stone landed on a man that Suzy least expected, a man she knew very well. The man was looking at the camera, while wearing this big round glasses, giving a blank expression.

                “No way!” Is the only words that came out but in her head, NO FREAKING WAY! WHAT THE ACTUAL FREAK?!

                “Yes way!” Joy want to the pile and picked up the photos that were ‘chosen’ and looked at the back for the details of each male. She reads the names accordingly. “Park Hyungsik, Ji Chang Wook, Kim Jisoo and…” She pauses and looks at Suzy with a smile. “Hansol Vernon Choi.”

                “I did not put Vernon’s picture in that pile. I left in the book.” Suzy said, trying to grasp the situation.

                “Oh, I know. I added it in when you weren’t look. I just added it in so it’d be fair. What are the chances that one of the stones actually landed on his picture?” Joy was not hiding how giddy she was how things turned out. “Why?” Suzy could not help but ask her best friend’s decision too add Vernon to the pile.

                “Like I said, to be fair. How can you just say no to Vernon just because you his your best friend? That’s not up to you. It’s up to ‘fate’, like you said.” Joy replies nonchalantly. Suzy could not argue since she did say those words just before throwing the stones. “You can’t back out now.”

                 Suzy was about to say that she can switch Vernon with someone else when Joy beat her to it. “Or change the guys.” Suzy just pouts at her best friend. She knows me too well. Damn it!

                “Let’s make this easier for you. Ask out Vernon last and ask out the first 3 guys. At least you can better prepare yourself before asking him out. Knowing him, he would be over the moon once you do, with all the flirting he piles on you.” Joy rolls her eyes.

                 “Yeah, but that’s just his character. I’m going to dread his gloating later.” Suzy goes to her bed and stuffs her face into her pillow. Joy follows her to the bed and sits across from her, still holding the pictures in her hand. “So let’s start with this one. Kim Hyungsik, 24 years old, an heir to Cochic the cosmetic brand. You know him right? I’ve seen him a lot at your company events.”

                  Suzy lifted her head from the pillow and stares at the picture. “I do. He is the son of my dad’s best friend. We’ve met and he is nice, I guess. We have been on trips a few times but that’s with the whole family. Never really spent much time together alone.”

                  “Great! Then this would make it a bit easier for you to ask him out since you both have gone on trips together before.” Joy said, trying to make the situation better.

                   “With family.” Suzy pointed out.

                   “Still! At least you have talked to him before and I am also guessing you have his number?” Joy asked, raising an eyebrow.

                   “I do actually.” Suzy replied, truthfully.

                   “Great! You are making this way too easy Suzy. Ok now get your phone.” Suzy grabbed her phone by the nightstand. “Dial his number and give him a     call. Ask him out on a date.”

                    “Now?!” Suzy started to panic.

                    “Yeah, now! If not? Before you get cold feet.”

                    “What do I say?” She asked while fiddling with her phone.

                    “For starters, ‘Hey, it’s Suzy. Want to grab dinner?’ would be good.”

                    “Dinner? When?”

                    “Suzy.” Joy gave Suzy a look knowing that Suzy was just stalling. Suzy just shrugged, asking sincerely. “Tomorrow. At least we can go shopping today, before your date.”

                   Suzy slowly scrolled her contacts and found Kim Hyungsik’s contact. She gave Joy one last look to beg Joy to change her mind about all this but Joy gave a stern look indicating that she is in no position to bargain anything with Joy. She pressed on the call icon and puts the phone to her ear. After two rings, he finally pickes up.

                   “Hello!” A confident voice spoke on the other line. Suzy froze. “Hello?” The man repeated since there was no reply. “Suzy?” He called her name and Suzy snapped back to reality. “Yes, hello Hyungsik! How do you know it was me?” She asked awkwardly.

                   “I saved your number. Is there anything I can do for you?” He asked. Sounded like he was doing some work because Suzy heard him typing on the keyboard.

                   “There is actually. I have a question I wanted to ask you and it’s going to be a bit of a strange question.”

                   “What is it? You sound weird. You can ask me anything. I think we are close enough to ask favours from each other.” He said making Suzy blush for some reason. Something in his voice made her feel calm and gave a sense of familiarity.

                    “I was wondering, would you, maybe, want to go for dinner with me tomorrow?” Suzy finally asked, closing her eyes so tightly. Waiting for him to reject her.

                    “Oh, with our folks?” He asked causally.

                    Suzy gulps. Hyungsik apparently did not get what was happening. He is not making this easier. “No, just the two of us. At a restaurant.” There was a silence between the two. Joy looked at Suzy and mouthed What happened? Suzy shrugs her shoulders. “Hyungsik?”

                   “Ah yeah! Sorry. I was just shocked you would ask me out on for dinner. Without our folks.”

                    Me too. “So how about it?”

                   “Yes!” He replied so loud that made Suzy jumped. “Sorry, I mean yes. I would love to.” Love to? Thought to herself. “Are you picking the place? Or am I?” Hyumgsik asked, sounding excited.

                   Suzy looked at Joy, panicking. Joy just pats Suzy’s knees and mouths Calm down. Let him pick. “Ummm.. Why don’t you pick? You know all the best restaurants if I recall.” Suzy heard him chuckle and that made Suzy heart race. “Sure. I’ll message you the details.” He replies.

                  “Ok.” They both said their goodbyes and hung up.

                  “That was great! Besides the part you were very awkward, but not bad as a first time asking a guy out.” Suzy just sighed finally getting that out of the way. “Now, let’s go shopping for your date.” Joy grabbed Suzy’s wrist and pulled her out the room with all their stuff. “Oh, and dinner is on you since I’m such a good best friend to help out with this.” Suzy just laughs as a response, could not believe her best friend’s logic. “I take you laughing as a ‘Yes I will treat my one and only best friend that I love so much to dinner!’”

                  “Ok ok. I get it. Fine. Let’s go already.” Suzy gave up and just went with it. They both got in Joy’s car and headed off to the mall.

Chapter 3 done! Thank you for your comments. Its making me write new chapters faster and just overall makes me happy that you like my story. Subscribe for an update about the next chapter^^ Here are the pics that was in the pile. hehe..

ZE:A's Park Hyung-sik to Appear as Guest on 'Three Meals - Fishing Village':

Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 || 1987 || 182cm || Musa Baek Dong Soo || Empress Ki || Healer || The K2:

Ji Soo is a Bad Boy Biker Crush to Park Shin Hye in Latest Doctors Drama Stills | A Koala's Playground:

Image result for vernon glasses