Chapter 6 - Hyungsik Date 1

Follow the Heart

Suzy was fiddling with her dress, spacing out when Joy broke her train of thought. “What shoes do you want to wear?” Joy asked from Suzy’s walk-in closet. “Ummm.. What do you think would suite a ballet recital and dinner at a French restaurant?” Suzy asked. Luckily Hyungsik had messaged her beforehand about their evening plans so she could better prepare on what to wear. Joy could hear the shakiness in her voice.

“Suzy, you need to relax a little. I’m pretty sure you’ve never been this way before with Hyungsik.”

“Yeah, but that was before I asked him on a date. We were just friends then.” Suzy started to pace around her room.

“I think this would complete your look.” Joy walked out the closet holding a pair of black strap peep toe heels and placed in in front of Suzy. “Three-inch heel. Not too high, not too low and completes your whole outfit.” Suzy puts on the shoes and walks in front of her mirror, giving herself a small spin to examine her whole look. White long sleeve blouse paired with a low cut black halter dress and her hair flowing down in wavy curls. Suzy slowly smiled and looks at Joy.

“It’s perfect.” Suzy says gleefully and Joy could not help but smile with her.

“I’m glad.” Joy replies back, she could not help but admire Suzy’s beauty. Any girl would be jealous. Before she could say anything else, the doorbell rang from downstairs and both ladies went wide-eyed. They went silent whilst trying to decipher the murmurs that were being exchanged downstairs. Their silence broke as one of the maids called out to Suzy from outside her bedroom door. “Miss Suzy, your guest is here.”

Suzy cleared before replying. “Ok Hyun Seol unnie. I’ll be down in a minute.”

“Ok, just breathe normally then head downstairs. It’s ok to be nervous.” Joy reassured her best friend, trying to calm Suzy who is breathing heavily and is now pacing the room again. Suzy stopped, grabbed her bag, headed towards the door with a determined look on her face. “Ok, I’m ready. Are you going to see me off Joy?” Suzy asked, looking at her friend with pleading eyes. Joy chuckles, “Yeah, sure. Let’s go.”

Both ladies walked down the stairs and headed towards the living room where Hyungsik was seated to. He was on his phone and has not noticed that Suzy entered the room, Suzy looked at her date from head to toe. I never noticed how good looking this guy really is. Hyungsik glanced up and stood up as soon as he saw Suzy. “Suzy, good evening.” Hyungsik greeted and he held out a bouquet of flowers to Suzy. “These are for you. I know you like baby’s breath right?” Suzy took the flowers and could not help but blush.

“Yeah, I do. Thanks for remembering. They are beautiful.”

“So are you.” He blurted. Not realizing what he said, he started to blush. “I mean, you look beautiful tonight.”

Joy stayed back to observe and made sure not be seen by Hyungsik. Joy could not believe what she was witnessing. Well well well… He likes her too. You poor fool. She was so oblivious with all these guys falling for her. Joy sighs with a smirk on her face. Well, that’s why she’s so innocent. Joy observes as both of them head towards the car. Suzy turned, giving Joy one last look. Hwaiting! Joy mouthed and Suzy nodded gesturing I’ll call you back to Joy. The latter nods her head.

Suzy got in the car and the car started to drive off, the mansion getting smaller and smaller. The date has finally started. Suzy looks at Hyungsik as he drives and smiles to herself as she anticipates on what the night holds for her.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hyungsik and Suzy arrived at the ballet recital and as Suzy was about to open her side of the car door when Hyungsik stopped her. “I’ll get it. Stay here.” He says firmly and smiles as he got off the car and walked to Suzy’s side and opened the door for her, extending one hand to help her out. Suzy blushed and takes his hand. “Shall we?” Hyungsik asked as he extends his elbow to Suzy. Suzy hesitates but then nods and links her arm with his as they head towards the hall.

The ballet recital lasted for about an hour and a half, both were starving so they headed to the French restaurant that Hyungsik reserved beforehand. “I hope you like this place. This is my favourite French restaurant and I recall you had a craving for some Hachis Parmentier the last time we met, am I right?” Hyungsik asked and he took glances at Suzy while driving whenever he could. Suzy looked at Hyungsik with a stunned look. “I did. I can’t believe you actually remembered something like that.”

“Of course I did. We had to go through eating snails because our moms were craving it and we couldn’t order anything else because you and I were trying not to vomit from the smell of all the snails.” Both of them laughs as they remembered that memory together. There’s that cute dimple of hers.

As they were seated and had ordered their dishes, Suzy started to fidget as she does not know how she should interact with him now that they do not have anything focus on but themselves. Seemed like Hyungsik read her mind as he started the conversation by asking the basic questions on how studies were going, how were her folks, siblings and etc.. Their conversation progressed from there and everything went smoothly as they indulged in their meals. Suzy started to loosen up as talking to him was natural as they have known each other for years. I’m glad. He is so kind hearted and warm. I can be myself around him. Suzy thought to herself and she could not stop smiling at how Hyungsik made her feel at ease the whole night.

Hyungsik could not help staring at Suzy. She had an aura of innocents surrounding her that drew him to her in the first place. As Suzy eats, Hyungsik observes everything about her, how delicate her hands were, how cute her dimples were when she laughs, and her habit of tucking her hair behind her ear every time she’s nervous. It just gave him butterflies.

“I’m glad you asked me out. If I am speaking truthfully, I was over the moon.” Hyungsik said as he drinks his iced tea. That statement made Suzy freeze. “But may I ask why you would ask me out all of a sudden?” He asked as Suzy kept silent. Suzy cleared .

“Well I’m graduating soon and I’ve been looking towards the future and I thought of marriage. I thought I should take a leap of faith you know? And try dating again.” Suzy states, her voice sounding squeaky as she is getting nervous on what to say. Her hands fidgets at the hems of her dress.

“That’s all?” Hyungsik asked with an eyebrow raised, taking notice of her tone of voice changed.

“I’m sorry, Hyungsik. I would like to tell you everything now but I can’t. But when the time is right, I will. Can you trust me?” Suzy says looking at Hyungsik with pleading eyes. Hyungsik’s eyes relaxed.

“Always Suzy. I’ll be here to listen when you are ready.” He replies with a reassuring smile on his face. He gestured for Suzy to continue eating and their night went smoothly.

 

 

The two were heading home and Suzy started to get nervous again as she knows that this is the time of the night where couples say goodnight and give each other a goodbye kiss or something along those lines. Hyungsik realized Suzy fidgeting in her seat and just smiles to himself. How cute. She’s so nervous.

They finally reached the Bae residents and Hyungsik walked Suzy to the front door. Before Suzy could say anything, Hyungsik beat her to it. “Suzy, I won’t force anything from you. I just want us to develop a relationship while maintaining this friendly atmosphere that we have always had.” Hyungsik stopped and stares at Suzy’s big round eyes. “I’m going to say this upfront Suzy, as you know it’s my character.” Both showed a small smile. He exhaled and continued. “I have always find a liking to you Suzy, for a while now so thank you for asking me out when I was too chicken to.” Both of them burst out laughing at his last statement. After the laughter died down, it fell silent. They smiled at each other. “Goodnight Suzy. I’ll ask you out on our next date.” Hyungsik winks and backs away to his car.

As Suzy felt butterflies in her stomache at the sudden confession Hyungsik made to her, she felt something was amiss. She bit her lower lip. It can’t just end this way. It doesn’t feel right. “Hyungsik!” Suzy called his name. Hyungsik turns to see Suzy running towards him. She grabbed his shirt by the elbow, Suzy hesitated. She looked straight at Hyungsik with determination in her eyes. He was confused as he never this side of Suzy. Just then she leaned in and kissed Hyungsik on the lips. Soft but sweetly. Hyungsik could not help but went wide-eyed but after realizing the situation, he reacted fast by caressing one hand behind Suzy’s back to support her and the other hand cupping her face as he returns the kiss. They finally pulled away from each other, not saying anything and the only thing that can heard were their heavy breathing. Suzy released her grip and started to walk backwards slowly. “Goodnight Hyungsik. I had a great time. I can’t wait for your call.” Suzy says as she bits her lip. He smiles and watches as Suzy heads inside. She got me. He chuckles as he felt like the luckilest man in the world. Through the window, Suzy stole glances as she saw Hyungsik driving off.

Once the car was out of sight, Suzy pushed her back against the wall, her fingers touching her lips. She could still feel his lips and his warmth against hers. She felt tingly all over, she could feel her face heating up from blushing and her heart could not stop racing. She could not believe what she had done but... I don't regret it. She smiles to herself, feeling proud. She headed towards her bedroom to dish out everything that happened to Joy after washing up. As she was drying off her hair, getting ready to have a long skype session with her best friend, Suzy’s mother knocked on the door and walked in to her daughter’s room. “Hey mom. What’s up?” Suzy asked casually as Suzy was brushing her hair in front of her vanity mirror.

“Dear, your dad is having his annual company dinner party at home this weekend. Just though I’d inform you so that you could invite your two friends, Joy and Vernon. Oh and you would have time to go buy yourself a new dress. I’ve already invited Joy’s mother but she’s overseas.” Suzy’s mother spoke in a calm and sophisticated tone.

“Ok mom. Thanks for letting me know.” Suzy says giving her mother a big smile. Her mother gave her daughter a kiss on the cheek. “Goodnight dear.” She says before heading out the door. “Goodnight mom.” Replying her mother with an air kiss. Her mother chuckles at her daughter’s silliness.

As Suzy was about to video call Joy, it finally hit her. Dinner party? That means that… her eyes darts towards the profile pictures of her potential husband candidates that she hid in the bedside drawer. She realized that she would be asking another candidate on a date in a few days’ time. Great…

 

 

Sorry for the last post. I finally finished my semester and having my semester break. So I have time to update. I was backed up on assignments/projects and etc. hope you enjoy this chapter. Made it longer than usual since I’ve been away. Leave comments on what you think and help upvote! 고맙습니다~

 An image on how Suzy and Hyungsik looked on the date.

 suzy Beanpole Accessory, suzy photoshoot 2017, suzy photoshoot 2016, suzy model beanpole, suzy lee minho 2017, suzy airport 2016, suzy fashion 2016

Park Hyungsik Strong Woman