Chapter 1

Follow the Heart

As she sits in the dark abandoned park, Suzy just keeps on recalling all the events that had happen the past few weeks and wonders to herself on how she could have gotten to this point in her life. A point where she has to go on with her life withouthim.

            You must be confuse by now, so let’s start from all the way to March 1st, when Suzy finally realizes that she should make a change in her life. 

            As Suzy walked down the halls of Yonsei University, she passes by the common groups of every university clicks such as the jocks, the ‘Barbie dolls’, the ‘party till tomorrow’, the musicians and the list goes on. You would think Suzy was just another average girl that cares less about all the clicks that happens in her university but Suzy actually belongs to one of the groups. Her group was a group that did not exist in any other universities. Her group was labelled as the ‘untouchable’. That label basically means that no one, I mean no one, is able to even bat an eyelid when this particular group is around. There is only one reason for this, the group were amongst the elite of the elite. 

The group consists of rich heirs from established families all around South Korea. Bae Suzy is a daughter of one of those established families. The Bae’s built up from a small pastry shop at a corner lot in the outskirts of Gwangju then spread to all parts of South Korea finally creating their own brand of pastries that has been well known all around the world. 

            Getting back to Suzy walking the halls, she stops by her locker to grab a book for her next class when a burgundy haired rugish male leaned in front of the row of lockers besides Suzy’s. “Good morning princess! How is your morning going for you?” The male asks with smirk on his face as he eyes Suzy. She just gave the male a quick glance and replies “Just fine VERNON and yours? Wait, let me guess from how you are dress, you didn’t go to your morning class did you?” Noticing that Vernon was wearing a velvet black tuxedo with his bow tie tucked into his left pocket, wrinkled shirt underneath his tux and day old hair. 

            “Very observant as ever princess or did you just miss me when I didn’t show up to greet you at your house today?” Vernon chuckles and giving some sophomore girls a few winks as they pass by. Suzy just scoffs. She closes her locker and starts walking to her next class. Vernon catches up to Suzy and was walking side by side, getting everyone’s attention. “Always a spoil sport. Anyway, I came by to invite you to have lunch at Lenny’s later after your class. How about it?” Vernon asked as he walked confidently. “Your treat?” Suzy asked after giving it some thought. “Of course!” Vernon replied with a huge smile and Suzy just nods as a reply. “Great! See you later. I’ll go home and wash up before then.” Vernon gives Suzy a wink goodbye and disappears in the crowd of people whilst Suzy entered for her next class.

-Two hours later-

            Suzy parks her car in front of Lenny’s and starts walking towards the restaurant. It’s a hangout where only Vernon and Suzy knew, a quiet oasis. As she walks in, she saw Vernon sitting in their normal booth, sipping a chocolate milkshake and waves Suzy to him.

            “Ordered the usual for you.” Vernon said as Suzy sat down opposite of him.

            “Thanks! So, where did you go this time?” Suzy asked, referring to Vernon’s outfit from the morning.

            “Tokyo. Dad was invited to those fancy dinners again and asked me to tag along since mom decided to go shopping with sis.” Vernon replied casually. Vernon is also one of the people that is categorized as the ‘untouchable’. Vernon is the heir of a famous airline and is to inherit it as soon as he finishes his studies but Vernon rather his sister inherits it as he wants to be traveling photographer. He does not like staying at one place for a long time. Vernon is well known in Yonsei as the ‘lady killer’. He has never really been in a serious relationship but he has dated around and has broken one too many hearts.

            “Had fun?” Suzy asked but she already knew the answer to the question as he will just reply flirtatiously. Their food came and they started chowing down to their burgers and fries.

            “Without you there, it was a snooze fest…” Vernon smirks then continues. “But I got take some really good shots around Tokyo after the dinner.” Suzy noticed that Vernon’s face became softer and calm as he continues talking about the shots he took and she just smiles. She likes it when Vernon talks about his photography and getting all excited. It always shows his true self and how he used to be, before he became all ignorant. Vernon notices Suzy smiling and pauses. “Why are you smiling? Smitten about my good looks?” He smirks, pops one fry into his mouth .

            Suzy shakes her head and replies “I was just intent on you talking about your photography then you go and ruin it with your smug.” Vernon just chuckles at Suzy’s honesty and looked at Suzy more tenderly. 

            “Suzy, when was the last time you dated? Like really dated, with a nice guy, a new outfit, new hair, the works?” Vernon asked abruptly and Suzy just looked at Vernon with a shocked expression because his question came out of the blue. She gave it some thought.

            “2 years ago? After that were just normal coffee dates with guys from Yonsei.” She replies whilst playing with her drinking straw.

            Vernon leans back, “Is your dad still pushing down your neck about your inheritance? Cause I know you’ve been stressing about it. You can’t officially claim your dad’s company until…”

            “I know, I know. Until I get a ring on my finger and I say ‘I do!’ But what do you expect from me? It’s not like I hunt for guys everywhere I go like somepeople.” She eyes Vernon with her last sentence and he just chuckles as a response. “How long did your dad give you to fulfil this ‘task’?” Vernon asks.

            “By next spring, he wants me to be a spring bride amongst all the cherry blossoms.” Suzy rolls her eyes and her dad’s cheesiness. Her dad is a er for clichés. Vernon bits his bottom lip and looks as though he came up with an idea ready to be hatched. Suzy fiddles in her seat, uneasily. “What’s with that look? You are making me nervous.”

            “I just got a great idea! It’s such a perfect idea, crazy, but perfect. Even you will think its crazy at first but soon to love it, as much as I do now.” Vernon was exploding in excitement and he could not wait to see how his idea will be unfold.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey there! This is my FIRST ever fanfiction. Please do give me any feedback. I hope to improve and I compose more chapters. Subscribe to get the next chapters!!^^

XOXO