Chapter 4 - Joy

Follow the Heart

             Suzy and Joy heads to a restaurant for dinner after 3 hours of shopping. They decided to go for Japanese food that is located in Hongdae. They walked in and got seated in a private room. “I’m famished! I need sashimi, fast.” Joy exclaimed, going through the menu. “Do you know what you want Suzy?”

             “Yup.” Suzy closes the menu and looks at the waiter. “I’ll have my usual. Thanks!” She smiles and hands the menu to the waiter. Joy took another minute and ordered her food. “You are too safe Suzy. You always order your cranky roll and tofu. Ever want to try something new?”

            “Why fix that’s not broken?” Suzy replies knowing that Joy did not like her replying a question with another question. “Anyway, what were you doing before I called you over to my house?” Suzy asked, changing the topic to Joy.

            “I was at the studio, designing a few things for the summer collection.” Joy is an heir of a jewellery brand, Rosalia. She has contributed in designing, marketing and any decision making in the company ever since she turned 19. Her mother thought it was time Joy learned the ropes at a early age so she can run the company once she finishes her studies. Joy is also a student from Yonsei University and is a member of the ‘untouchables’. Suzy, Joy and Vernon are always seen together and are inseparable.

            “Oh, will I get an exclusive look?” Suzy’s ears perked up.

            “Of course! I need a feedback on whether it will sell once it’s in stores.”

            “Your designs are always sold out. You worry too much.” Joy is always worried that her designs would not do so as well as her mom’s designs but Joy’s designs would always be sold out since she has a fresher perspective for the younger generation.

            “Thanks Suzy. I just don’t want to disappoint my mom.”

            “I know. I feel the same way.” They both smile and know that they can depend on each other in times of where they are in their low point. “By the way, how is Sungjae?” Suzy asked, smirking.

            Joy’s cheeks starts to redden at the mention of Sungjae’s name. Sungjae and Joy started dating for a year now. She met Sungjae at one of the cafes near Yonsei University and she accidentally spilled latte on his notes. She was head over heels for him but she did not do anything until Valentine’s Day and Joy asked Sungjae to be her date to one of Rosalia’s event. Their love line progressed after that. Sungjae is an heir to gaming company, Melody, and he is studying to develop new games alongside his brothers.

                “He is doing just fine. He is in New Zealand with his brothers for a launch of a new game. He’ll back in two days.” Joy said, shyly. Then their waiter came in with their food and they both started eating. “How is Vernon anyway? I haven’t seen him for a few days now.” Joy eyes Suzy.

                “Yeah. He was in Tokyo with his family. He said he is going to class tomorrow so we can have lunch together as usual.”

                The poor boy tries so hard to get her attention but she only thinks of him as a childhood friend. Joy sighs. “Sounds good.” I’ll not be the one who tells her though.  “Now that we have an outfit for your date, you must update me as soon as you get home. I want all the details. Do not leave anything out.” The both laugh and continues the night chatting away.

This is a short chapter cause I just want to write about Joy for bit. The next chapter will be about the date with Hyungsik. Stay tuned! A pic of Joy and Sungjae from WGM :)

sungjae joy wgm btob red velvet sungjoy.bbyu ig: