2nd Tooth

Toothless

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

"Jimin, it's over." 

Taehyung whined down the hallway, smacking his head against his locker, Jimin's locker, anonymous lockers, any amount of lockers that would kill him swiftly before math class. Jimin sighed at his friend's dramatics, poking through his history textbook. "Nothing even happened. You're overreacting."

"Overreacting? He was this close to me!" Tae made a gesture with his hand. "I got nervous and he thought I had a cold and he almost touched me. I could have contracted a life-threatening disease." 

"Aigoo. Are you sure you don't belong in Drama Club? Yeesh."

"I've got to move to a different country. He can't find me if I move to Zimbabwe." Taehyung grinned, and Jimin bit back his laugh. "How's about we get to math before we move there." Tae blew out a breath and nodded. With five minutes left, he and Jimin jogged to class. It wasn't until they reached the end of the hallway that they heard quickened footsteps that resembled rapid running. Tae turned his back slightly to see a dirty-blonde who looked a lot like Jungkook running towards him.

Pause.

It is that bastard.

He's following me now?!

"Jimin, come on!" Tae grabs his best friend's hand, quickly speeding around corners to get to room 128A as soon as possible. Jimin is out of breath and exasperated, questioning his friend wildly. "What the hell is wrong with you?! Yah, we aren't going to be that late!" Tae simply ignores him, continuing to fly down the hallway. When they reach the Math Department, Tae glances behind them to see Jungkook still after them. The sign above the door reads "128A" and Tae has had enough running; he turns to question the taller boy who can't seem to quit. "What's your problem?! Why are you following me? If you didn't want to do..that thing..you could've just said so!"

Jungkook, barely winded from running such a distance, his lips before answering."This is my math class. I thought I was going to be late, so I ran. It seems that clearly wasn't going to be an issue, as I'm here early." Despite the massive embarrassment kicking Tae in the , Jungkook still smiled sweetly at him. "Please excuse me, class president." He bowed and went into the classroom. Jimin rolled his eyes, adding in his two cents. 

"Wow, what a ." He shook his head, laughing.

Kim Taehyung idiot count: 2

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

"As this can sometimes be a challenging class, I encourage you all to work together. Once you pick your partners, you should be done for the day." The teacher walked out of the room and Taehyung turned to the desk behind him with a goofy face. "Jimin-ah, be partners with me!" When he got no response, he opened his eyes from behind his hands. His goofy smile dissipated.

"Ah, I'm afraid not. Jimin-ssi is sitting over there." Jungkook smiles crescents at Tae, motioning towards Jimin, who is sitting smack dab next to--

Yoongi...

Taehyung grits his teeth uncomfortably while Jungkook looks at him, concerned. "Um, class president.." Taehyung smiles with venom in his eyes as Jungkook reaches into his bag. "You were quite red before; I bought you this hot pack and some ginseng drink. Please be healthy." Taehyung is slightly beaming at the boy, not knowing how to reply. A small tinge of pink creeps up into his cheeks as he hesitantly takes the health products, carefully placing them in his bag. "I um..thanks." He nods and is off of the subject just as quickly as he introduced it. "We should start our first group assignment today, I'm sure you have a lot of activities to take care of. It would be good to get it out of the way."

Taehyung is still pink, not even able to be angry at the fact that he didn't even ask to be partners. "I-I..yes." He replies with a charming smile that tears right through Taehyung's body. "I'll see you after school, then. Please be healthy." Taehyung's brain echoes Jimin's earlier words, annoyingly. "But he's so nice."

He's a demon. He must be destroyed.

Taehyung is still red-faced (though he doesn't know why) and hurries out of the classroom, completely forgetting about his best friend in the back of the room. Yoongi stares after the boy, dumbfounded. "Presidential duties?" Jimin nods almost automatically, avoiding his gaze completely. "Shouldn't you go too? I can finish the assigment by myself." Yoongi's voice is monotone, but with good intentions. Jimin is overly-flattered by the statement, fanning himself. "O-Oh, but are you sure? That's very kind of you, I'll make it up to you. With a bean cake." Jimin flashes him a dorky smile, but his cheeks are so red it's all Yoongi can focus on.

"Well, it's my grade too. Don't worry about it." Yoongi stares awkwardly around the empty classroom, as if Jimin said something stupid. Sensing this, Jimin pulls a chocolate cupcake from his bag, shoving it towards the older boy. "H-Here. Jin told me you like chocolate, so happy birthday." Yoongi wears a shocked expression, and it's probably the first time Jimin has seen him show emotions. "How did you know it was my birthday?" Jimin stutters, throwing the blame on Jin. "I looked in the school year book--well I wasn't looking, I just stumbled upon it. Jin told me. In casual conversation that wasn't about you in the slightest--" Jimin is shaking so badly he almost drops the cake, and Yoongi takes it before it can grace the floor. "Thanks...I didn't think anyone knew it was my birthday. This is...nice." Jimin is dying because he's so cute and he has to get out of there before he embarrasses himself again. He gathers his books and almost falls out of his chair to get out of there. "Um, okay. Thanks!" He disappears before Yoongi can even say another word, smiling to himself. "Weirdo."

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

With one more appointment left in the day, Taehyung is almost ready to collapse from sheer exhaustion as he rounds the corner to the Math Club meeting. He was fully aware of his nerdiness at this point, but he needed another way to enjoy math now that his enemy was in his Calculus class. He wails dramatically just thinking about  it. Sitting at the desk in the room full of nerds, he attempted to address the students. "Welcome to...our first math club meeting." They clap enthusiastically, excluding Jimin, who hid in the back of the classroom in his hoodie. "I'd just like to address some things, this meeting will be short." Adjusting his glasses, Tae slaps a packet on the podium, clearing his throat. "As members of the Math Club, you will be participating in the Math Olympics in April. Not to worry! We will be preparing for it, and the schools were up against are filled to the brim with morons." Taehyung's friendly demeanor seems to scare a few freshmen out of the room, but he continues his speech nonetheless.

"The other half of this club will be a tutoring center. I think it would be wonderful for you guys to help your younger peers understand how fun math can be. You also don't have to do a senior project if you're a tutor--"

Before Tae can get another sentence out, the entire club is diving to sign up. He chuckles, shooting Jimin a look. Jackpot.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Tae stretches arms above his head, walking the hallways. He's taking in the sights as he preps for his walk home, rolling the combination into his locker and grabbing seven unnecessary textbooks to hike home with him for "studying purposes." He loves when the school is empty, when he can listen to his own singing voice in peace, and take in all of the snow-covered branches and small children building snowmen. The scenery through the windows reminds him how cold it will be, and he frowns. "Aish. I forgot my gloves this morning. I'm going to get sick at this rate..."

Tae an eyebrow. The hot pack.

He had far too much pride to use it, though he knew it would cover him the entire walk home, and he had to carry his books. Conflicted, he chewed on his lip. He hated being so proud that he'd die before he ever depended on the likes of Jeon Jung--

"Class-president--ssi?"

Tae is scared out of his wits, dropping all of his books and frowning as his heart races. And continues to race. For ten minutes.

"I didn't mean to scare you! I'm so sorry." Jungkook is scrambling to lift the books, holding five of them under one arm and tucking the rest in his bag. He apologetically bows while Tae stares at him, wondering why his books aren't in his hand.

"What are you doing?"

"Helping you with your books. You said we would meet after school to finish our group work. What's wrong?"

"Why are you being so nice to me? What, do you like me or something?"

"Ah, well. Class-president-ssi--"

"Stop calling me that. My name is Taehyung."

"Ah, my apologies," Jungkook's shoulders are relaxed. Even though Taehyung is trying his hardest to be mean, he doesn't seem to be phased by it, his constant smile still pasted to his lips. "I have a girlfriend, I have no intentions of harrassing you Taehyung-ssi." Taehyung's attempts to intimidate the younger instantly evaporate. He's embarrassed, laughing uncomfortably as he looks back at Taehyung. "I simply enjoy being nice to others." Taehyung clenches his fist, and the more he looks at the boy smiling back at him, the more he wants to punch him. His anger is rising to dangerous levels, and he doesn't know why.

"Why are you always so happy? What the hell are you always smiling for?"

Much to his shock, Jungkook's smile falls; Tae can honestly say it is the first time he's ever seen this boy without a smile.

"Because you never do. I'm a pretty happy guy; I'd hoped it would spread to you. You're the only person I know that doesn't smile. Why is that?"

Taehyung wants to hit him. He wants to knock the nerve right out of the boy but he can't seem to muster the courage to do so. The reason he can't smile is standing right in front of him, asking him why he doesn't. "Because of you. Because you..." Jungkook waits for his answer, his eyes glued to Tae's forehead.

Jungkook sighed. "Taehyung-ssi..that was twelve years ago; we were kids and we had a disagreement. Don't you think it's time to move on?"

"You're a bully!" Taehyung screams and swallows the tears that are threatening to conjure in his eyes. He seizes his books from Jungkook, whose eyes look like flashlights at this point. To say his shock is apparent would be an understatement, and he opens his mouth to reply but is washed out by Taehyung. "Your assistance won't be needed. I'll do the assignment alone." Jungkook's blonde bangs fall over his eyes, and he doesn't say anything else. "I'm sorry to have been such a bother, Taehyung-ssi." Tae wants to pry more out of him, but he seems dormant. "My books," Taehyung motions towards Jungkook's bag, indicating he hand over the other books he could not fit. Jungkook seems back to his normal self, perking up again and wiping his nose with the back of his hand. He sniffles slightly, and Taehyung avoids his eyes.

"It's cold. I'll walk home with you." Taehyung is about to protest, but Jungkook grabs the books from his hand and tucks them under his left arm. His biceps expand through his uniform shirt from the sudden force, and Taehyung finds himself wearing his favorite shade of pink again. 

He's...strong.

 

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

The walk home is quiet and brisk, bathed in silence and awkwardness. Taehyung keeps his gaze pasted to the sidewalk while Jungkook hums to himself in front of him, his usual smile dancing on his lips as snowflakes decorate his eyelashes. 
"We don't talk anymore," Taehyung's ears almost melt off at the beautiful voice sounding from the taller male in front of him. "We don't talk anymore like we used to do~" Taehyung is blushing again, having heard the essence of paradise in his voice. His mouth hung open as Jungkook continued quietly singing to himself, and besides the crunching of snow beneath their boots, it was all he could hear echoing in his head.

His voice sounds gorgeous...he's so gorgeous...he's just everyth--

Taehyung is knocked out of his thoughts when he bumps into Jungkook's strong back, looking up at him. "It seems we're here." Taehyung's eyes travel around the tall figure, and he sees his cozy house, sitting atop the big hill. "How did you--"

"Well I did used to play here every day. I couldn't forget if I tried." Taehyung doesn't know what to say, but it's obvious he's embarrassed. Too proud to apologize, he nods to the smiling boy. "Uh...thanks for your help. I'll see you tomorrow." Jungkook holds his textbooks out in front of Taehyung, presenting them to him. "Please be healthy. Try smiling sometime, from ear-to-ear. It's kind of nice." Jungkook does just that, and as if by reflex, Taehyung can no longer hold it in. He pushes the books from Jungkook's hands and hugs him, burying his face in his coat.

He stays just like that, and when he feels the embrace isn't returned, his hold relents.

Once again, he's red.

"C-Class president-ssi-- I mean Tae--"

"See you tomorrow!"

And just like that, Taehyung grabs his books and disappears into his house, leaving the confused boy to wonder to himself in the serene snowfall tickling his bangs.

Oddly enough, he can't seem to hold back the smile that fights its way through his cheeks.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

I definitely opted for a double update because it's Yoongi's birthday and he is the love of my life. Excuse this mess I haven't edited yet lolol. Happy birthday Min Yoongi!! Drop a comment or a sub if you loved this chapter. I'll see you all in the next one!