Root Canal

Toothless

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

The ride up to the mountains is a long one and Jungkook's bladder has already reached maximum capacity from all the water he's been drinking. He's draped in his blanket and his attempts to sleep the ride away have been completely futile when Taehyung's "baby snores" are torturing him. So he decides he'll watch Taehyung sleep for the next hour; as if that isn't creepy enough, he's amused at the way Taehyung's nostrils flare when he inhales. He loves when Taehyung stirs in his sleep and his soft lips push out when he tries to get more comfortable. Jungkook takes a leap of faith and parts the hairs on Taehyung's forehead, rubbing his thumb against the soft skin on his face.

"You've made me do so many stupid things just to come back to you in the end." Jungkook whispers in the dark, the noise from the bus engine drowning out his conversation to any of his neighbors. "We used to take naps together just like this," Jungkook throws his blanket over Taehyung when he begins to shiver, succumbing to the AC on the bus. "and I used to wish you were mine, just like this. Tae..." Jungkook slides his thumb over his lips before reluctantly touching the bruise on his neck with a pained look on his face.

I won't mark you anymore.

That was wrong of me, on so many levels...you don't belong to me or anyone.

That being said...I really hope he makes you happy.

Really, I do. You deserve to smile every second of the day.

"Kook," Namjoon blows a bubble with his chewing gum, hanging onto Jungkook's seat with a smug grin on his face. "We're at the rest stop if you want anything. Like cond--"

"Finish that sentence and I'll tell Jin you own a collection of his underwear." Namjoon looks horrified while Jungkook smirks innocently. "Hey! I only told Hoseok to put you guys in together because you're obsessed with him. You're so ungrateful."

"He has a boyfriend moron," Jungkook pinches the bridge of his nose, defeated. "nothing is ever gonna happen between us, and I'm perfectly fine with that."

"Are you?" Jungkook wants to be offended by his best friend doubting him, but he can't when he doubts himself the moment the lie comes out of his mouth. He leans back in his seat, sighing as he glances down at Taehyung. He's marveled at a wonder he can't have; a cookie in the forbidden cookie jar. One thing Jungkook knows for sure though, is that even though Taehyung isn't his, his happiness means everything to him. If another man brought him happiness, who was he to disrupt it? Jungkook realizes he still hasn't even apologized for all the mean things he's said to Taehyung, and he doesn't even know where to begin when Taehyung looks up at him with those clueless eyes after waking up from his nap.

"Are we here...? I have to pee.." Taehyung rubs the sleep out of his eyes, grasping Jungkook's blanket tightly when the cool air hits him.

"We're at the rest stop. You should grab a few things and go to the bathroom, we've got about two more hours left." Jungkook gets up from his seat to let Taehyung out, taking his hand when Taehyung sleepily wobbles out into the aisle. Jungkook glances around briefly; the bus is empty and all the students have gone inside to raid candy bars and convenience store food. Jungkook realizes that Taehyung won't let go of the blanket, and fishes through his backpack for his jacket.

"Did you take your iron pills today?" Jungkook asks this while gently taking the blanket from him and wrapping him in his bomber, which is much too big for him.

"N-No..I forgot the bottle at home." Taehyung is confused; Jungkook has never asked him this before. He watches as Jungkook reaches into his bag and pulls out a bottle of iron supplements with a bottle of water. "Yoona told me you would forget them so I bought a bottle just in case," Tae watches him place two pills in his hand with his mouth slightly agape, thoroughly surprised at Jungkook's sudden shift. He's studying the bottle with so much concentration to make sure the dosage is just right, then he shakes his head in disappointment. "if you don't take them on time I guess I'll just have to help. Here, open your mouth."

"Jungkook..I'm not a baby.." Taehyung is already annoyed; he's convinced he's only allowed this to go for this long because Jungkook is his childhood friend.

"Then listen. Open," Taehyung rolls his eyes before hesitantly opening his mouth. Jungkook places two pills on his tongue and carefully tips the bottle to his lips with a hand beneath his chin to catch any liquid. He caps the bottle and zips up the bomber, turning Taehyung around and nudging him towards the bus exit.

"Didn't you want to go inside? Go ahead," Taehyung walks with his head down like a scolded child, all sorts of thoughts sorting in and out of his head.

Why is he being so nice to me?

He said I was dead to him. He said he hated me, he's said all sorts of things...

And yet...

Jungkook holds the door for him and he steps in without meeting his kind eyes. "Um..thanks. I'm gonna.." Taehyung points in a random direction, trying to escape from the awkwardness in the air. Jungkook gives him a 'yeah,sure" and navigates to Namjoon, Yoongi and Jin standing in the burger line. "Hey, Kim Jungkook! Over here!"

"God, if you guys weren't my best friends I would've cancelled you already. You're so annoying." Jungkook is grabbed into hearty embrace by Jung 'Sunshine' Hoseok, who seems much too happy about his decision to stick the two not-lovebirds in one room. "You adore me. You're rooming with your wife now!"

"If anything goes wrong I'm blaming you."

"Oh no no. The room I assigned you is disaster-proof. It's 227A."

Yoongi drops the piece of toast that was in his mouth, beaming at Hoseok. In fact, all three of them are beaming at Hoseok. "You know that room is.."

"Of course I do!" Hoseok is grinning and Jungkook is almost terrified to ask why everyone has the same reaction, save for Hoseok. "What?! What's wrong with 227A??"

"Well it's..." Even Jin is at a loss for words. "you'll just have to wait and see, my dear." Everyone is quiet as Jungkook demands answers and doesn't get anything but laughter back. Deep down, Jungkook doesn't want to find out what's wrong--or right--with his room anymore, especially when he's forced to room with his first love.

"Hey Tae...if you get all those banana milk bottles you're gonna wanna pee again." Jimin counsels his best friend as he aimlessly grabs snacks without really knowing what he's grabbing, in a rushed panic.

"He's being really nice, too nice," Taehyung runs out of space for hands, picking up a sausage with his teeth and muffling his speech through it. "what do you think it means? He hates me, so he must be pretending to be nice so that he can get revenge like I did because because Jimin because--"

"Can you get it together?!" Jimin shakes the boy and all the snacks fall to the floor, attracting stares from people in the store. "You've got an awesome rich boyfriend who takes you to fancy dinners, paints you and buys you whatever you want," Jimin grabs his face, pressing his forehead to Taehyung's. "There shouldn't even be a conversation. Play for the winning team!"

"O-Okay.." Taehyung blinks back at his best friend, not completely understanding his pep talk. "But still, isn't it just strange how Jung--"

Taehyung's cellphone starts ringing and he glances at the caller ID before his eyes inflate.

Incoming Call from: Wonhoney ♡

"Jimin!! It's him, what do I do?!"

"Answer it you monkey! Jeez!" Jimin almost launches the cellphone at his friend before he breathes deeply and picks up the call.

"Hey Wonho!" Taehyung ignores Jimin's hand gestures and slaps his hands away, running to the pizza line to talk.

"Good morning gorgeous. You're up so early," He hears Wonho yawn on the other side of the line, treasuring that deep wonderful sound. "Hyun told me you guys were going on a trip to Yang. Four weeks without you is gonna be tough..."

"I know, I miss you already." Taehyung bites back a school-girl smile while he speaks to his boyfriend on the phone, a usual occurrence. "Or I could come up there and see you."

"Really?? But Wonho, it's so far..." Wonho laughs over the phone before returning the sentiment. "No distance is too far for you. I have something for you, you're gonna love it."

"B-But Wonho--"

"I'll see you tonight. Wear something I can take off." Taehyung is bright red when Wonho hangs up, stuttering when Jimin asks him what he said and how he said it, why he said it and where. "He said he's coming..."

"Coming? Coming where??"

"To the Hot Springs, to see me." Jimin squeals with joy, running around in circles before enveloping Taehyung in a hug.

Taehyung is bursting with joy, but somehow his eyes keep wandering over to Jungkook as he stares back at him curiously.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

"No pushing please! If you could all grab your envelopes with your names and keycards inside, that would be peachy!" Hoseok happily distributes room keys to the students, smiling especially hard when Taehyung is the last to grab his key. Jungkook is still unloading his heavy suitcase from the top rack, and Taehyung takes advantage of the privacy while he still can. "Look Hoseok, I know I have no authority here but I really need a room switch.."

Little does he know, his "whispering" isn't contributing to his intended volume reduction at all, and Jungkook can hear every last word coming out of his mouth.

"Jungkook isn't particularly fond of me and I'd like for him to enjoy this trip as much as everyone else, you know?" Jungkook looks dejected all of a sudden; Taehyung really took his comments to heart and he's trying to get a room switch just so he can be comfortable.

Damn it, he's so sweet it's almost wrong.

"I'm sure it'll be fine. You guys are two young adults, I'm sure you can manage to get along for four weeks." Hoseok coaxes Taehyung off of the bus as he tries to protest, winking at Jungkook in the process. He rolls his eyes and follows Taehyung, hauling his suitcase behind him with his keycard in his mouth.

The mountains are nothing short of astonishing. Although it's freezing up here compared to spring in Pyeongsaeng, Jungkook can't complain when there are tranquil hot springs nearby, all-you-can-eat buffet dining and so much more to take in. There's nothing but paradise and a big blue sky up here, and he can't even begin to imagine what the stars must look like at night. They walk through the grand foyer to the staircase, while Taehyung is gasping at every sculpture and Bonsai tree he sees. He almost walks past their room in a complete daze, scanning his keycard and opening the door, being blessed with the most captivating sight.

Their window provides a full view of the Yang mountaintop in all of its glory, and the small town below and all of its inhabitants. The room has been decorated with flowers of all kinds--orchids, lillies, honeysuckle and the like--and fresh fruit cut in the shape of stars and hearts sit in a basket atop the dining room table. A card is attached, scribbled with "Welcome home!" and Taehyung can no longer hold in all the gasps confined in his lungs. As if that wasn't enough, Jungkook goes to turn on the second set of lights in the room, but triggers something completely unexpected.

The ceiling slowly moves away to reveal a glass dome above it, so transparent that even the most dim stars can be seen at night. Jungkook could stare into the sky all day if he wanted to without ever leaving his room, and he's almost certain his jaw is glued to the floor.

"It's so beautiful, I'm speechless." Taehyung drops his bag at his feet and ventures the rest of the suite, which is complete with a kitchen, bath and grand bedroom. However, when Jungkook follows Taehyung into the bedroom to explore further, he's certain all of his vital organs have slipped out of place and sunken southwards.

Hoseok...go to hell.

"Oh...it's a single?"  They stare down at the double bed with comforters made of one-hundred percent Egyptian cotton just begging to be messed up, and Jungkook gulps down his pride. "At least the bathroom is...o-oh." Taehyung goes silent again and Jungkook almost doesn't want to look. He peeks in the bathroom, consisting of a couple's shower and matching towel sets. As if things couldn't get any worse, their bathrobes hang beside each other, one being considerably more transparent than the other.

"Look Jungkook, I can just get our rooms changed. You don't have to deal with this."

"Taehyung it's fine. I'm not bothered by it..." Jungkook genuinely hopes he doesn't sound like a ert by trying to be kind, but it's obvious someone is setting them up here.

"Really, it's no problem. I'll head down to the customer service desk and get everything sorted out." Taehyung is about to grab his phone to leave but Jungkook gently takes his hand to spin him around. Taehyung isn't used to Jungkook looking into his eyes so intensely, but something about the look in his eyes is calm, gentle and comforting.

"I know I was a , but you don't have to do that. I know I'm probably too late saying this and that makes me an even bigger ," Jungkook sighs because he knows he looks so stupid right now, but he chokes out his words anyway. "I want to apologize for the way I acted the last time we...talked. I'm lucky you even speak to me now, but even so...I'm really sorry. I understand if you don't want to room with me, but I just wanted you to know how much of I I am because--"

Taehyung ceases Jungkook's rambling with a soft finger to his lips, and that sweet smooth laughter that comes from Taehyung's chest is the most delectable sound he's ever heard. He wants to hear it over and over, until his knees grow weak, until he can't walk, until it's all he hears everywhere he goes.

"Was," Jungkook tilts his head in confusion when Taehyung removes his finger from his lips. "You were a . But you're you now, and I like this you. Consider this a truce, okay?"

Jungkook nods thoughtlessly, beaming down at Tae's smile lines. "O-Okay.." He lifts his hand to shake Tae's, and their hands blend into a series of flips and turns and a snap at the end. Taehyung abandons his hand and presses his head to his chest, wrapping his arms around Jungkook.

"You remembered...our handshake?" Jungkook is stuck stiff, peering down at Tae hugging him in disbelief.

"I couldn't forget even if I tried," Taehyung smiles into Jungkook's sweater when Jungkook returns his embrace. "You gave me some of the best memories of my childhood."

Jungkook realizes he can't let go, and he's falling fast when he leans down to breathe in Taehyung's hair and its scent. He lingers there with his lips in Taehyung's hair, sighing. "I'm really glad we're cool again. Things were super awkward.." Jungkook speaks into Taehyung's hair, tempted to his head and hold his waist just a little tighter.

"Because you kept being awkward." Tae rolls his eyes, withdrawing from Jungkook's chest and looking up at him. "I was trying to be nice!"

"You were being nice in a weird way! You'd stare at me with this dumb look on your face like I had five heads--"

"Because you're ugly!" Taehyung flicks him on the forehead, pouting. "You look like a sloth."

"Sloths are cute, so I don't give a damn." Jungkook pokes out his tongue, wriggling his fingers in Taehyung's sides. Taehyung swats his hands but Jungkook is much stronger, easily overpowering him and throwing him on the bed. Before he knows it Taehyung is turning red from laughing so much, begging for mercy.

"Jungkook stop! I have to pee!"

"I guess we'll have to call housekeeping then." Jungkook grins cheerfully, ripping off Taehyung socks to swing his leg over his shoulder and get at his feet. "And these too~"

"Stop! I mean it Kookie!'

Jungkook slows his movements, coming to an abrupt pause when he makes eye contact with Taehyung. He hovers over Taehyung in the bed and peers down into his watery eyes, ripe from laughter. "What did you say..?"

"Huh?" Tae rubs his eyes, some stray giggles escaping from his throat. "You called me Kookie."

"I did? I'm sorry..I get mixed up sometimes." Jungkook knows why all these feelings are mingling within his heart when Tae calls him this. It's that boy again, roaming around in his memories and smiling up at him whenever he remembers something cute he used to do or say.

"You're sweet, just like a cookie. Can I call you that from now on?"

Taehyung...I wish you knew how hard I'm falling for you.

Jungkook is dangerously close to his face, losing all self control as soon as he hears that innocent reminder of how precious Taehyung is to him.

"Say it again."

"What? Why??"

"Hurry up," Jungkook draws closer to Taehyung's lips, and he's so close he can taste that sunshine he's missed so dearly. "say it again, before I lose it completely."

"Kookie..." Taehyung sighs his name out, long and beautiful and he savors each syllable. "God Tae, I'm so...you're so--"

Taehyung's phone starts ringing and he almost jumps out of his skin, slapping the heat out of his cheeks. "I should get that," Jungkook nods and scrambles off of him.

"I just checked in. I'm downstairs," Jungkook instantly recognizes the voice because it belongs to the one person he can confidently say he hates, with a fiery passion.

What the is he doing here? How did he even know we'd be here?

"Okay, I'll come downstairs in a bit." Taehyung sounds excited and he plays in his hair while he walks in circles giggling like an airhead. The whole thing makes Jungkook sick. "Hurry, I miss you already.."

"I'll be back in a little. I'm gonna help Wonho to his room. If the van to the peak comes, can you guys wait for me?"

"Yeah, sure.." Jungkook smiles kindly though there's pain behind the friendly eyes.

But he's sure the pain is manifesting into jealousy at an alarming rate.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Taehyung didn't expect Wonho to let him carry his luggage, even though he tries and is repeatedly pushed away several times until they get to Wonho's presidential suite on the third floor. He scans he keycard and opens the door to a cozy spacious abode. Taehyung is slightly confused; his suite is presendential too, but his looks way more extravagant than his boyfriend's. "You didn't get a fruit basket..?"

"If you got one and I didn't I'm going to complain," Wonho feigns an angry face, throwing his luggage to the side and closing the door. "I can't really. I have sweeter things to enjoy." Taehyung laughs when Wonho's impatient hands grab at his waist and pull his body to him, peppering his lips with kisses as he steps toward the bedroom. "Wonho, I can't stay...I have to meet everyone at the van in a bit."

Wonho looks up at him seductively, wrapping Taehyung's legs around his waist. He presses him against the wall and at his upper lip, grinning devilishly.

"I only need ten minutes to take you to heaven." Taehyung doesn't get a chance to answer before he's out Wonho's name. He touches that special spot behind Taehyung's ear that no one knows about by accident, and Taehyung's body jerks off of the wall in response. He smiles triumphantly and does it again before his hands are pulling Taehyung's sweater down his shoulder and he latches his lips to Taehyung's collarbone. He trails his sinful tongue up Taehyung's neck, tasting him like an animal before whispering against his skin.

"You're my sweetest pleasure," Wonho pauses to push his fingers in Taehyung's mouth and drag them down his lips. "that's why I don't like it when you lie to me."

"L-Lie? Wonho..what are you--"

"The only non-native biting spider remotely close to Pyeongsaeng is the Striped Tundra spider," Wonho has a dark look in his eyes, settling his thumb on Taehyung's bruise. "The venom is poisonous. Once the venom settles into the bloodstream, it takes about thirty seconds before shortness of breath, clammy skin...then a hemorrhage. It kills about five-thousand people a year, if I'm not mistaken."

"I don't like to get angry, Taehyung. I don't want to hurt you; I love you." He rubs at it before clasping Taehyung's throat in one hand. "I'm sorry Wonho, I just didn't want you to be mad and it was an awkward situation a-and..."

"A relationship without honesty means nothing," The pressure from Wonho's right hand is gradually increasing, and Taehyung has never been frightened of his boyfriend--until now.

"Wonho...I can't breathe..."

"Just tell me the truth and I'll let go."

"It happened before we got together," Taehyung's voice is strained between his gasps for air and his eyes water. "It was a stupid thing with a stupid guy. I would never cheat on you.."

It was a stupid "thing."

Not with a stupid guy...

Wonho loosens his grip before taking Taehyung into his arms and kissing his forehead repeatedly. "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry...I just hate it when you lie to me. No more lies, okay?"  The dark look in Wonho's eyes has since disappeared and he's kissing Taehyung all over his face while he regains his breath. 

"I'll never ever do that again. I love you, Tae." Wonho kisses his lips with apologies being chanted like a mantra. It's when Wonho hugs Taehyung to him that the boy stares off into space, wondering who the man was that choked him a few minutes ago.

Because he's sure it wasn't his boyfriend.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

"Aigoo, you don't even call your poor old father anymore!" Jungkook sighs on the phone, feeling guilty. "I'm sorry dad, we had to leave super early and there was no service on the bus!"

"I know, I understand. I just wish you could've seen me off..I leave for America tomorrow."

Jungkook groans through the phone. "At least call me before you get on the plane! I'm gonna miss you dad."

"I'll be back next month. I have a few meetings in Seattle and Montreal, but I'll be sure to pick up those gummy worms you like."

Hoseok interrupts the call, knocking on the door obnoxiously. "Van leaves in five minutes! Meet us outside!"

"Dad I gotta go," Jungkook hugs the phone to his face when he hears his father chuckle. "Alright alright, I love you. Have fun on your trip."

"Love you too dad. Don't forget to call!" Jungkook ends the call and grabs his bag, running downstairs to the lobby. Hoseok grins up at him with an arm around Jimin, waiting patiently. However the look on Jungkook's face morphs from a smile to one of pure evil when he sees Hoseok.

"What's wrong now? You're always so grouchy, cookies are supposed to be sweet~"

"A honeymoon suite?! Seriously??"

Jimin eyes Hoseok from the side. "Did you really do that?"

He grins mischievously before biting his lip. "I might have.."

"Nice!" Jimin high-fives him as Jungkook glares at the pair incredulously. "Are you ing kidding me? You guys are in cahoots?"

"Not really, but now I want in!" Jimin snickers, scurrying away with Hoseok to the van. Jungkook follows them, feverishly interrogating them while trying not to trip.

"What are you guys trying to do here?!"

"Get you guys together, duh."

"Can you give it a rest? He has a boyfriend, he doesn't even like me anymore.."

"But you like him." Jimin perks up, turning to Jungkook. Hoseok realizes he's said too much and disappears into the van.

"You like Taehyung?"

"Please don't tell him," Jungkook grabs him by the shoulders, begging him wholeheartedly. "I know you're best friend and you tell each other everything but not this. Taehyung and I have finally reached a great place in our relationship and..being his friend forever is better than him hating my guts."

Jimin blinks before looking down and nodding. "Alright...your secret's under lock and key." He fastens his lips and smiles, hugging Jungkook.

"The heart wants what it wants, Kook. I don't think Tae's heart wants Wonho." He winks before jogging to the van and leaving Jungkook dumbfounded, with endless questions and no one to ask. He fishes in his pocket for that picture he stole, and stares at it longingly before running his thumb over Taehyung's image.

The heart wants what it wants.

All I want is you, Taehyung.

"Are we too late??" Taehyung appears out of nowhere with his bag and life jacket in hand, and Jungkook is almost too confused to register that he's even there.

"No! No, we're actually right on time." Jungkook smiles back at him, overjoyed when Tae links an arm around his and hurries to the van. He freezes when he only sees one seat left in the van, and sulks. "Damn it. I should've gotten here earlier.."

"It's okay Tae, you can go--"

"Hell no. I know how excited you were to go tubing, you go. I'll go watch some tv or something."

"Stop it Tae. Get in the van!"

"You get in! Stop being stupid!"

"I want you to have fun! Why are you so stubborn?!"

"Hey, Mr and Mrs. Jeon. We have to leave or we're going to be late! Figure something out god damn it." Yoongi spits and Jungkook turns pink, prepared to protest.

"Tae, can't you just sit on his lap?" Jimin hides his grin behind his small hands, and Taehyung's eyes widen.

"U-Um...I guess I could. Is that okay with you?"

"Of course..totally. Yeah." Jungkook is trying to play it cool while his heart beats out of his chest. He grabs the last seat and take Taehyung's hand, helping him onto the van and into his lap. "Jin presses his key in the ignition, looking in his rearview right a Taehyung.

"Tae-baby doesn't have a seatbelt, and the ride up the mountain is bumpy," He winks before driving out of the resort and driving over a pothole. Taehyung's body jolts forward and Jungkook grabs his waist reflexively, securing his body against his torso. "You okay Tae?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Though I don't know why we got the worst driver out of all of us to take us to the river."

Jin runs over another hole, grinning when Tae grabs Jungkook's hands and locks them around his waist, terrified. "Don't let go, this may be my last ride at this rate." Taehyung whines as Jungkook nods wordlessly into his back, blushing. Jin only giggle behind his hand, reveling in the satisfaction of a job well done.

"Oops."

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

A thousand mosquito bites and ignored s later, Jungkook drags his bag into their shared suite, plopping on the couch. Taehyung follows behind him, a bucket full of happiness swaying through the door. "You should've applied more lotion, Kookie.."

"I didn't think they were that bad," Jungkook scratches all over his body, whining. "those were some hood mosquitoes."

Tae laughs before stripping off his wet clothes, disappearing into the bedroom. "Do you wanna shower first? I'm going in~" Tae doesn't wait for an answer and grabs his robe before rummaging through the bedroom for his shampoo. His phone is left vibrating on the couch, effectively getting Jungkook's attention. He glances at the caller ID, frowning before anything else.

Incoming Call from: Wonhoney ♡

Jungkook knows right from wrong--he knows he should respect Taehyung's relationship and privacy--it's a no brainer. Yet he's still picking up the phone, still swiping to answer the call, and still pressing it to his ear.

"Hello?"

"...Hello? Who is this?"

"This is Jungkook. Who is this?"

"Taehyung's boyfriend." Jungkook scoffs, as he states the title like he's worked to get it, like he's entitled. It does more than piss Jungkook off.

"He's in the shower. Should I take a message?"

"Tell him to be ready by eight." Wonho hangs up the phone, irritating Jungkook even further. ". Yo Tae, that Wonho guy just--"

Jungkook drops the phone when he rounds the corner to their bedroom. Taehyung is draped in a satin robe that leaves little to the imagination while he sits on the bed sorting through a box of toiletries. He wants to close his eyes--run away--do anything to show Tae that he's not staring at him like he's a thick-cut tenderloin. However his feet won't obey him and he stands in the door way like an idiot, stuttering. "W-W-Won...wow..."

"What's wrong Kookie?" Tae looks genuinely concerned and unaware that he's borderline .

"Y-Y-You got a..call," Jungkook quickly wipes the drool fighting to drop out of his mouth and collects his thoughts. "Wonho called for you."

Taehyung obliviously walks towards the stiff boy, gently taking the phone from his hands. "Thanks Kookie. Did you wanna get in?"

Jungkook is blushing profusely, unable to bite his tongue. "In the shower? W-With...with you?"

"No silly," Taehyung nudges his shoulder and laughs casually while Jungkook is dying on the inside. "I was asking if you wanted to go in first."

Jungkook is beyond embarrassed and nods himself out of the room, laying on the couch and sighing to himself.

It's only the first day with Kim Taehyung, and his heart is already going into overdrive.

Jungkook quickly dispatches his cellphone, trying to call Namjoon to curse him out but another call interrupts his mission.

"Jungkookie? It's your dad," His father pauses as if he's running out of time, and his flight is announced in the background.

"Now boarding Flight 137 to Seattle. Please proceed to gate 3H and board accordingly."

"Ah Kookie, I was trying to call before I had to board but I'm a bit late."

Jungkook smiles through the phone, appreciating the sentiment. "It's fine dad. Just don't forget the gummy worms! Don't work too hard."

"I'll try. I can Skype you when I get to my hotel. I love you so much son...thank you again for giving me a chance at being a dad."

Jungkook believes he has an allergic reaction to something in the air when his eyes water and he nods. "I love you too, dad."

So much.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

"You look amazing as usual." Wonho beams into Taehyung's eyes while pouring him another glass of wine. "You were able to get done up in such a cramped room?"

"What do you mean?" Tae butters a breadstick happily before plopping it in his mouth. Wonho's brow twitches behind his wine glass before he set it down slowly and narrows his eyes a Taehyung. "Honey, that's a steak knife."

"A knife is a knife as long as it does knife things, right?" Taehyung laughs innocently, startled when Wonho's hand comes down hard on the table.

"A butter knife is for bread and butter. A steak knife is for cutting meat."

"Wonho...what's with you?"

"Taehyung," Wonho seems like he's getting impatient, because his hand moves from caressing Taehyung's hand to squeezing his wrist firmly. "You need to understand something. In my world, we appreciate art in all forms...including human form. The best artists have an apple of their eye, and that apple is not to be bruised in any way. It must be perfect, there is no other way. I fell for you because of your immense, perfect beauty. The rest of you needs to be perfect as well, so I will mould you as I see fit."

The rest of the date is a blur for Taehyung after that, because he can feel his heart cracking when he looks into those dark eyes that he doesn't recognize.

The only thing he can remember is which fork is a salad fork, how he should fold his napkin in his lap and not to sip his water too loudly. God forbid it embarrasses Wonho, which seemed to be the greatest offense known to mankind. All of a sudden Taehyung feels uneasy about his infatuation towards this man, and he feels a strange pain in his chest.

He silently wishes the purple marks around his wrist would blur just as his vision does every time Wonho smiles at him.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

So bored...

When is Tae coming back?

It's midnight and everyone is asleep, so Jungkook can't bother any of his friends downstairs. Instead he's laying on the couch and staring at the ceiling, thinking about the millions of things he could be doing. He's in a resort in the mountains--he could hit the bar and get sloppy drunk, throw on some trunks and hit up the water slide, or navigate to the 24/7 buffet and stuff himself to kingdom come.

Yet here he is, thinking about Taehyung.

Again. Knowing Jungkook's luck, Taehyung comes through the door at that exact moment. "Welcome back Tae--"

"Butter, salad, soup. Butter, salad, soup. Butter, salad..." Taehyung is in a complete daze, his eyes red and swollen. He's barely even looking where he's going,and he almost trips trying to take off his shoes.

"What? Tae, are you okay?" Jungkook inspects him further to see tears running from his eyes. He quickly scrambles to him, grabbing him by the shoulders. "Tae snap out of it!" Taehyung ceases his mantra and crumples in Jungkook's arms, his crying fit starting all over again. "What happened?"

"We got in a fight," Taehyung gasps through his tears while Jungkook frames his face and looks down at him with concern. "I'm not good enough for him. He's way too good for--"

"That's bull," Jungkook sounds adamant as his thumbs wipe away Tae's tears. He looks up at him with wide eyes when "If anything you're too good for him. You're the whole package. You're passionate, loving, you care about people and you're always thinking of others. You never stop laughing and you're always in the clouds--there's never a dull moment with you. You're a genius and you're always willing to teach other people something they don't get and...you're gorgeous. So gorgeous.. your eyes are like moons, especially when you're confused about something. Your skin is so soft and your complexion is this smooth almond color...everything about you is phenomenal. If he can't see that, then him."

"Jungkook it's not that simple--"

"Why?? Why do you even like him?" Jungkook doesn't know when he grew balls, but seeing Taehyung in tears is enough for him to put his foot down. "Because he buys you things? Because he takes you to fancy dinners and has an expensive car?"

Taehyung has since stopped crying, completely shocked by Jungkook's outburst. "No I just..he's just really good to me and I know he's a good person..."

"I'm a good person," Jungkook is ruining everything but his brain is on cruise control and he can't seem to shut it off. "I can buy you nice things when I get paid. I can take you out to dinner, any meat you want. I can buy you clothes, I can hold you when you're scared, I can even buy an expensive car--just as soon as I finish med school and start making some real money--but I can make you happy. The happiest you've ever been; I can do it all, and that's something he can't do."

"K-Kookie...what's gotten into you?"

"I just wanna know what you see in him that you don't see in me." Jungkook presses Taehyung against the wall, a frustrated look in his eyes. Despite his anger, he's still blushing and looking right into Taehyung's soul. "Do you even love him, Tae?"

Taehyung wants to be shocked and offended that he's even being asked this question. However, he's even more shocked that he doesn't have an answer.

"If you tell me you love him," Jungkook breathes on Taehyung's tear-stained face, his face with his thumbs. "I'll respect your wishes and I'll leave you alone. But if you don't..." Jungkook suddenly bites his lip as his resolve grows weaker and weaker.

"I'm not sure if I'll be able to stop myself from making love to you right here against this wall."

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Hey guys! It's been a while. I just preordered my album after fifty hours of screaming and panicking so I'm pretty stable rn and decided to push this out.

I have very sad news, unfortunately I may have to place Toothless on hiatus. I am going back to school, so I cannot promise the super frequent updates I used to be able to do. But don't worry, if this is the case and it's set in stone, I will let you guys know.

Thank you SO SO much for reading! Leave wonderful comments and let me know how you liked this chapter!

See you in the next one! xoxo