3rd Molar

Toothless

"Principal Lee, as your student council President I'm very passionate about the safety of my classmates," Taehyung firmly pinches the bridge of his nose in annoyance, trying for a third time. "this situation could have ended much worse. Surely there's something you can do about this."

"And what would you have me do? Interrogate all five-thousand students comprising the student body? Taehyung, what you're asking me to do is unfair. I'm very sorry about what happened to Jungkook, but it's out of my hands. The authorities will deal with this accordingly." Taehyung furrows his brows, rising and bowing without another word. He grumbles his way out of the principal's office and locks himself away in the work room, a slave to his thoughts.

"This has Jeni written all over it. I know it does. There's no way it could be anyone else."

Taehyung picks his brain for a while, sorting through possibilities. Jungkook has had his share of near-death experiences, which he guiltily confesses were because of him. However, this was different. A razor blade in an apple seems beyond sadistic, and Taehyung is afraid of what will come next. Jungkook isn't exactly a candidate for wanting someone dead this badly—he's extremely sweet until he doesn't have a reason to be—especially when he's jealous.

A light-bulb goes off in Taehyung's head.

Jealous...

No. He would never.

He curses himself for ever thinking someone as kind as Hyun would do something so twisted. It didn't take a rocket scientist to see that Hyun liked him, but he's far too oblivious to see Jungkook as competition. Taehyung sighs, raking his pencil against the table. 

Maybe I should go check on him..

The bees crawling under Taehyung's skin completely distort his thinking, so much so that he doesn't hear Namjoon tapping a pencil on the glass. One particular kick to the door scares him out of his thoughts; he clutches his heart and wrenches the door open. "W-What?"

"Are you okay? You're as white as a sheet..." Namjoon bites his lip, concerned. "Jungkook told me to drop off your lunch."

Taehyung frowns, his heart fluttering. "I should be the one taking care of him. I haven't even checked up on him today..."

"Don't worry. He told me he doesn't want you to see him like this, he looks...well. He looks like he almost got his tongue cut out."

Taehyung cringes, trying to beat the image of all that blood out of his head. All of a sudden he feels lightheaded and sick. "I'll text him, then. God knows I didn't mean for any of this to happen."

Namjoon nods in approval before growing abnormally silent, piquing Taehyung's interest. "What?"

"I just want to know something," Taehyung diverts his attention to Namjoon, visibly worried when he looks like he can't formulate his sentence correctly. "you and Kook...I know you've known each other very long, even longer than I have. But..."

"But?" Taehyung's palms are sweaty, he just wants him to rip off the band-aid already.

"You're going to treat him right aren't you? You'll do right by him no matter what, right?"

Taehyung's expression grows sour. "Where is this coming from Joon?"

"It's been on my mind lately," Namjoon presses his chin into his palm, enraptured by his thoughts. "None of this was happening until you came into the picture, and well...Jungkook has been through a lot. When you were ignoring him and not giving the time of day, he would always come over and crush a 6-pack of beer all by himself. He was so deep in love with you he didn't know what to do with himself. Now...I just want to know if I can trust you with him. He's like the little brother I never had, naturally I want to protect him–even if it's from my own friend."

Tae knows the attack isn't personal, but when the guilt begins to burn his insides he can't help but feel like this speech was tailored just for him. Sensing this, Namjoon drops his disclaimer a bit too late. "Look, you and I have gotten closer this year. It's nothing personal I swear–Jimin had the same "don't-break-his-heart" talk with him, and it was much scarier."

"I know. I know I royally ed up our relationship in the past. I was a selfish, immature, cold-hearted prick." Namjoon flinches with every insult Taehyung drops on himself. He sees Taehyung soften and he's relieved that Taehyung is taking accountability rather than feeling sorry for himself.

"That's why I owe him everything. He changed me into the me that I was hiding from my entire life. He's given me true happiness, Joon. He's the first thing I think about when I wake up, and the last thing I think about before I go to sleep. I don't think I've ever loved anyone this much before; I would give my life for Jungkook. Hell, I'd do anything for him."

Namjoon looks shocked before he smiles from ear-to-ear, clearly pleased with what he's hearing. "You have no idea how much that means to me. I can rest easy knowing you'll take good care of him."

"I promised him I'd make up for the years lost. I don't intend to let him down now. I don't know why he picked me...he's too perfect. Too perfect for this world, even." Namjoon makes gagging noises when he sees Tae's eyes begin to sparkle as he gushes on and on about Jungkook. 

"I get it I get it," Namjoon rises from the chair, patting Tae on the head. "thanks for coming back to him, Tae. He really needed you before. Now...you need him." With that, Namjoon slips out of the work room with a smile. Taehyung leans back in the chair, thinking about his last words.

Do I need him?

"Tae, you have to learn how to tie your shoes. Everybody's gonna laugh at you when you're a 2nd grader!"

"There's no monsters under the bed Tae. Look! I'll go under and show you. After that let's sleep together, okay?"

"When you're coloring you have to color inside the lines Tae. Like this!"

"I told you not to go the Big Wise Tree alone. You're not tall enough to get through the grass without me Taehyung!"

Taehyung sorts through the memories in his head. Vivid memories from his childhood spent with Jungkook. Spent holding his hand and going on adventures with him, spent crying and laughing with him. Spent needing him.

"As long as you're my friend Tae, I don't think I need any more friends."

Taehyung remembers that adorable smile and his disheveled hair. He hears child-like laughter echoing in his head, and in moments he realizes his face is wet. Stray tears are flowing like fresh rainwater, and Taehyung smiles through his tears, puzzled as to why he's crying. Then it hits him.

So this is what being in love feels like? Real love...

I guess I do need you Kook. 

I need you more than I'll ever know.

Taehyung finds himself missing that fresh scent of fabric softener that drenches all of Jungkook's clothes. He didn't know how desperate he was to inhale it again until he slams the door shut and runs all the way to his boyfriend's house in the pouring rain. He knocks on the door and collapses in his arms when the door opens. Jungkook softly asks his boyfriend why he's crying, pained when Taehyung looks up at him with swollen eyes.

"I just...I love you so much Jungkook. I love you so much.."

His crying becomes so intense that the neighbors begin to hear, and Jungkook can't help but smile back at him as Taehyung's tears dry in his cotton t-shirt.

Which of course, smells just like fabric softener.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Taehyung awakens to his boyfriend's head heavy on his chest. He wastes no time carefully placing it on his pillow and quickly getting his uniform on his scantily-clad body, leaving Jungkook to his soft-foods-only and drama binging. Taehyung feels glares on his skin the moment he walks into the building, much to his confusion. He doesn't have time to process why he's getting such dirty looks for being late to class. He's almost two doors down from Calculus before a gentle hand stops him and spins him around.

"I really need to talk to you Taehyung," Hyun's eyes look wild and frantic, almost bulging out of his head. "it's urgent. Very urgent."

Taehyung glances at his watch again, swallowing hard. "I really late for class, could you give me an hour?"

"B-But–"

"Just an hour! I promise!" Taehyung calls over his shoulder with his knapsack bouncing against his hip, not knowing that Hyun's entire world has instantly sunken.

Hyun's expression is burned into Taehyung's mind the entire class period, and he's beginning to regret not hearing what he had to say. He also can't help but notice he's getting looks in class too–aside from his partner not being here–and every time he glances at Jimin in the back of the class his eyebrows are knitted together with concern. Taehyung can't keep his leg-bouncing at bay, and flies out of his desk the moment the bell rings. He drags Yoongi and Jimin into the hallway, whispering in a low tone.

"What the hell is going on? I can't be the only person who sees this."

"W-Well..." Jimin bites his lip, glancing at Yoongi for help when he loses the words. Yoongi sighs, addressing the elephant in the room. "They think you did it."

Taehyung blinks, confused. "They?They who? What did I do?"

"Every last student in the school.They think you're the one who pulled the razor prank on Jungkook."

"What the ? Me, of all people?"

"We know you would never do something so evil, we're going to clear your name. I swear it!" Jimin balls up his fists, a stark contrast to Taehyung's hopeless frown. "I can't believe this. I can't believe someone would frame me." He rolls his combination into his locker, grumbling each time he makes eye contact with one of Jungkook's angry fans. "The one guy I love out of this world, and every one think I did it. The bull of it all–"

Taehyung freezes, his heart throbbing in his chest. Jimin's eyes dart from left to right, puzzled as to why Taehyung is frozen in terror. He tilts his head to see what's in the locker, and it all clicks.

There's a note that reads clear in familiar script:

"Revenge is best served in an apple."

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Prisons aren't usually the most enjoyable places on the planet, yet Taehyung can't feel the chills breaking his frozen spine when he's being pat down in a maximum-security prison. He has so much anger and adrenaline mixing in his veins that the fear of this place doesn't seem to touch him, and that's just what he needs when he sits down and stares through the glass with the phone to his ear.

"My sweetest pleasure has finally returned to me," Taehyung's heart races when the crooked smile appears through the bulletproof glass. "I was wondering when you'd come and visit me in paradise."

"I'm not here for you. I'm here because you're going to tell me all about how you're reaching Jungkook, and who's doing your dirty work for you."

"Of course, I forgot we had a polygamy thing going on here." Wonho chuckles, enjoying the way Taehyung's anger is intensifying. "Despite your firm belief that I'm made of evil, I haven't touched a hair on the bastard's head. I don't know what you're talking about."

"Do you really expect me to believe that? You've tried to kill him. Multiple times!"

"I'm quite up-front with my trickery, my love. If I was going to attempt to kill your peasant for the second time, I would make sure he was dead. Unfortunately I made that mistake once." Wonho smiles in a sickening way that makes Taehyung queasy.

"Rest assured I wouldn't send anyone. I want to see the blood pour over my own hands when I slit his throat myself. I'm wounded you think so ill of me to do something so...crass."

Every word makes Taehyung's stomach churn painfully. He's eager to get out of this hellhole, but he needs more answers. "You love me, right? Then tell me the truth."

"Mmm, I love you more than life itself. Sadly that's all the truth I have for you, though I'm glad I'm not the only one who despises him." Wonho traces hearts absent-mindedly on the glass, a smile on his lips. "You'd recognize my revenge very well. It's best served cold...or in an apple."

"You piece of !" Taehyung feels all control drain from him as he bangs on the glass with wild anger in his eyes. Before Taehyung can get another word out of him, guards are tugging on him to end his visit. "My kitten still has claws, I see. Send my regards to Jungkook, my current position is quite...compromising."

Taehyung is dragged out, but not without peering into those evil eyes and that crooked smile for the last time. The smile doesn't fade even as he's handcuffed and shoved away to his cell, mouthing a sickening "I love you" to Taehyung from his freshly-bitten lips. 

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Evenings in Pyeongsaeng are always kinder during the spring, because the heat isn't as brutal the summers and Taehyung loves the way his skin tans. The breeze is just right and the sun sets in the most beautiful way. He smiles up at the sky as the stars begin to show, greeting the incoming moon. Sights like these are the ones he loves to capture with his eyes and not his phone.

Glancing at his watch, he picks up speed when he realizes his curfew is drawing near. With a bag of snacks dangling from his fingertips, he knocks on Jungkook's door and waits.

And waits.

And waits some more.

The silence is maddening, so Taehyung decides to let himself in. "Kookie? You here?" Taehyung figures he's just sleeping, turning the knob to the blue door. As always he sees the pictures from their childhood on all of his walls, but there's a new picture on his dresser. Taehyung is smiling in the picture–all teeth. Jungkook is beside him with arms wrapped around his waist and lips pasted to his cheek. He can see the Yang mountainside in the background, and the fireworks in the night sky. 

Our first date...

Taehyung feels a bittersweet pain in his chest, running a finger over Jungkook's image. He turns to the bed to see his boyfriend blinking back at him calmly, his mouth concealed with a mask. 

"Why didn't you answer the door?"

Jungkook is silent for a moment, presumably from the pain of speaking. "I told you I didn't want you to see me like this."

"You're so ridiculous," Jungkook is about to reply, but Taehyung quickly stops him. "I've seen you with five o' clock shadow, gochujang stains on your shirt and drool on the side of your mouth after a drunken night in Yang. I love you, Kook. I don't care what you look like."

"This is different." Jungkook speaks slowly, wincing from the pain. Taehyung hushes him, pulling ice cream from his bag. "This should numb the pain a bit. There aren't a lot of clouds in the sky, so the stars will be–"

"Roof?"

Taehyung smiles when Jungkook reads his mind. "Roof."

When night finally settles, Taehyung rests with Jungkook's head on his lap as they sit on the roof. Jungkook is thankful that the streetlights haven't come on yet, lest Taehyung notice how bad is injury really is. He runs his thumb across Taehyung's bottom lip, peering into his face before running fingers through his dropped curls. "I really miss kissing you. It's a daily routine for me." Taehyung laughs before kissing his forehead, looking up at the twinkling stars. "When you're a little more healed I'll be pissing you off with the kisses." 

Jungkook sits up, looking annoyed all of a sudden. "You owe me plenty after that whole Hyun fiasco." In all of his pouting he seems to have forgotten all about the pain, because he won't stop talking. "He was all over you. You just let him touch your gorgeous hands, and your gorgeous skin, and just...ugh. ing bastard."

"Kook...he's just my student. I wasn't trying to make you jealous...I was just a little upset because we were fighting. I needed someone else to hang out with."

"Jealous?" Jungkook scoffs, and Taehyung can tells there's a sarcastic smile behind his mask. "You can hang out with Jimin, who has a boyfriend. Besides, I wasn't jealous. I was kindly letting him know you have a boyfriend. Which you seemed to forget..." Jungkook rolls his eyes, clearly not over it.

Taehyung smiles, kissing him on the cheek to soothe his irritation. "I know, I was incredibly wrong and out of line for what I did. I'm really sorry Kook.. Kissinger was your decision to make and I should've let you make it. I couldn't deal with you ignoring me and I handled it pretty badly. I was even more wrong for getting upset when you had every right to be angry with me...then I forgot I'm dating the most amazing man in the world. I hope you can forgive me." Jungkook looks over his shoulder at Taehyung's tender smile, and he can't resist the beauty behind him. He wraps his arms around Taehyung, still pouting and avoiding his eyes. "Next time he comes around, I won't be as nice. I love you...so don't make me jealous."

"Sheesh, Kook. I told you it was uninten–" Taehyung pauses when his lips are covered by a much warmer pair. Jungkook leans in closer, his kiss chaste and gentle. He's violating every last bit of the doctor's instructions, but when Taehyung is this irresistible, he might as well lose his tongue.

When Taehyung opens his eyes, Jungkook has pulled his mask back up and looks satisfied. "I'm going to redeem the rest of my kiss vouchers at a later date." Taehyung blushes at his attempt to be serious, punching him in the arm playfully. "Then maybe I should bring Hyun around more often." Jungkook instantly frowns, earning a laugh from Taehyung. "You're a ." Taehyung's chuckling grows more hysterical, as Jungkook's frown creases his forehead. "Fine, I'll be sure to start accepting gifts from all of those girls from now on."

Taehyung snorts, clearly amused. "You know I don't get jealous. Good luck with that."

"Pft, a lie straight from hell." Jungkook smirks and Taehyung crawls close to him, plopping down and locking fingers with him.

"I know I feel entitled, but I have to ask what I've been holding in all this time." Taehyung blushes, looking up at the night sky. "Would you do me the honor of going to the senior gala with me?"

Jungkook's heart skips a beat, and he stares silently with his eyes blown wide. Taehyung is just smiling back at him, pulling a rose from his bag and presenting it to him. "You're the love of my life, and I don't think I want to go with anyone else."

"T-Tae...I..." Jungkook knows the words but they just won't come out. He doesn't know why he's reacting like this when it's just his boyfriend doing boyfriend things, but somehow when it's Taehyung–his heart always goes into overdrive.

"Of course baby. Of course, of course." Jungkook pulls off his face mask, pouncing on Taehyung to shower him in kisses.

Each kiss hurts more than the last, but Jungkook's bliss is way more important than his doctor's appointment in the morning.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

A week later, Jungkook walks to his locker with his usual bright, charming smile. He bows to every hormone-stricken teenage girl, his polite smile striking down several of them as he walks to his locker. He barely gets a chance to roll in the combination before his fan club shows up, flooding him with attention.

"Jungkook are you okay?!"

"We prepared gifts for you!"

"We'll make sure Taehyung pays for this."

Jungkook smiles in a panic; trying to address a bunch of rabid teenage girls is a challenge in itself. He diffuses the situation the only way he knows how.

Charm.

"Kim Hyerim, is it?" The girl in front, presumably the president of the fan club swoons at the sound of her name. "I've heard that you're the president of my fan club. You've got quite the influence, you must do a very good job."

As if she isn't shaking enough, Jungkook takes her hands into his own and gazes into her eyes. "I'd like it if you could use your influence to do good. Taehyung, our dear class president, wasn't responsible for any of this. In fact, he's very precious to me. I don't like false rumors, and I don't think you do either." Jungkook doesn't realize how much of a scene he's creating until the shrieking of a crowd of jealous pubescent girls pierces the entire hallway, grabbing the attention of a brunette he's quite fond of.

"I-I...I don't either, you're right. I'll do whatever I need to to make sure it's taken care of!"

"Good," Jungkook smiles, his face getting closer to the quaking teenager. He pushes loose hair behind her ear, which is all it takes to murder her completely. "it's always a pleasure talking to you, Hyerim. I hope you have a wonderful–"

"Jungkook." Jungkook hears his name among the girls, but something tells him the dark, venomous nature of the voice isn't feminine at all. In seconds, the crowd disperses as an inferno makes its way through. Jungkook quickly realizes it's Taehyung, and he's furious.

Jungkook instantly releases Hyerim's hands as she blinks back at Taehyung. He feels his heart instantly drop into his , and he can't articulate what he needs to say to save himself. "B-Ba–I mean Taehyung–I mean class pres–"

"Shut up Jungkook," Hyerim is about to interject when Taehyung hushes her with fire in his eyes. "are you aware that falsely implicating someone of something of a violent nature is against the student code of conduct?"

Hyerim shakes, her voice wavering. "Y-Yes, but it was a mistake–"

"Mistakes no longer constitute as such when they're this excessive. I'm afraid they've surpassed being accidental.That includes your worst offense: touching what belongs to someone else without their consent."

Hyerim seems confused, and Taehyung grins as Jungkook's heart races. He wouldn't dare speak, lest Taehyung remove his tongue himself.

"Let me refresh your memory. Since you're so fond of spreading rumors, why not circulate something that's true? Like this."

Taehyung turns to his boyfriend and aggressively grabs him by the tie, kissing him passionately. He ensures the kiss is as inappropriate as can be, adding tongue and grabbing a handful of Jungkook's hair while he moves his lips against him. Jungkook is far too shocked to even close his eyes or prepare for the kiss; the gasps and beaming eyes are more than enough to kill anyone from shame alone. Taehyung releases him with a loud smack, taking him by the chin while addressing Hyerim. "If it wasn't obvious already, we're dating. I suggest you direct your affections elsewhere to avoid any further...confusion. Have a wonderful day." Taehyung smiles sweetly with his bag on his hip, walking off like nothing happened. Jungkook swoons against his locker, his lips in satisfaction as he watches his boyfriend depart.

Doesn't get jealous huh?

Maybe I need to make him jealous more often...

Hyerim waits until Taehyung is safely around the corner to faint in peace. In moments she's out cold, with her delegates fanning her vigorously.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Later that evening, Jungkook greets his team members in the locker room after another victory on the field. He's covered in sweat and grass stains and completely out of breath, yet all he can do is smile. "Let's go get some barbecue. It's all on me, guys." Namjoon is the first one to rejoice, ruffling his hair. "Look at you, finally making yourself useful. We'll be waiting on the bus." He jabs him playfully before Jungkook retires to his locker, the high of winning still pumping in his veins. From his peripheral, he can see Hyun slumped against his own locker; it's clear something isn't right as the guys file out of the shower room, too elated to notice the forgotten team member in the back.

"Hyun? Are you okay?" Jungkook creeps closer to his slumped form, touching him slightly. Hyun looks up at him with a tear-stained face, and swollen eyes. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..."

"What? What's wrong??" Jungkook is confused. He knew Hyun liked Taehyung, but not so severely that he would break down like this when it was confirmed they were in a relationship. He sighs, sitting on the bench next to Hyun.

Hyun just rocks back and forth, profusely apologizing as if it's some sort of mantra. Jungkook is beyond concerned, almost frightened. He takes one last attempt to get Hyun to listen, grabbing him firmly and shaking him. "Hyun, I need you to tell me why you're acting like this. Look at me.""

"I can't look at you. I can't say. He told me I would be next if I....if I..." Hyun collapses against Jungkook in desperation, clawing at his uniform. "I'm sorry Jungkook, I didn't know!"

"What didn't you know? Please talk to me, I'm here for you."

Hyun enters an eerie silence as he tries to collect himself. "The apple," Jungkook's eyes widen, and he begins to feel the rage slowly building in his blood. "What the did you do, Hyun?"

"I'm the one who put that apple in your bag. I'm so sorry Jungkook, I didn't mean–"

"You tried to kill me, and you're going to tell me you didn't mean it?" Jungkook allows his emotions to get the best of him, grabbing Hyun harshly by the collar and slamming him into a locker. He's still convulsing, the tears rumbling out as he gasps for breath. "You better have a damn good explanation for this ."

"I didn't know it was tampered with at all," Hyun quickly rushes to explain, afraid the confrontation will end in broken teeth. "Some guy came up to me and flashed a bunch of money in my face. He told me all I needed to do was deliver a lunchbox to his girlfriend. He told me some bull about her having an eating disorder, and he was worried about her not eating. All I needed to do was deliver the lunch box to the work room and leave it there. I knew something was off and it had to be a big lie, but I wasn't thinking Kook! I would never do anything to hurt you or any of my teammates! I love you all like family, it would destroy me. Please...you have to believe me."

Jungkook's grip quickly relents as Hyun starts up again. "I'm...I'm sorry Hyun. I do believe you." Jungkook tries to connect the dots but everything seems fuzzy. He presumes that there was no girlfriend or anything of the sort, just a fabricated story to put the blood on an innocent person's hands. "Have some water and try to calm down, okay? I want to ask you some questions." Jungkook embraces him, trying his best to calm his gasping.

Once he's finally calmed down, Jungkook breathes deeply. "What was this person's name?"

"He didn't tell me. I didn't get any name, he was just some kid."

"What did he look like? Do you remember?" Jungkook is trying his best to be patient as he grasps at straws.

"I haven't seen him since," Hyun rubs sweat off of his forehead as Jungkook drills holes into his temples. "he disappeared. He just had brown hair and brown eyes and he's a bit short and...he has a snowflake keychain on his bag."

Jungkook zones out, the description completely useless until the last detail sends chills down his spine. "Don't worry about it Hyun. You should head home and try to rest."

Hyun looks confused for a moment, before his expression turns pitiful. "You mean you're not mad?"

"I can't be...not at you. You didn't know, I know you'd never do that." Jungkook's eyes narrow dangerously. "I'm pretty sure I know who would."

Hyun looks worried before collecting his things and bowing to Jungkook. "If you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to call me." Hyun nods, but before he's out the door Jungkook speaks once more.

"One more thing...I'm really sorry for the way I treated you. I'm going to make it up to you, I promise."

Hyun smiles sincerely, nodding before leaving Jungkook to his maddening thoughts.

Kihyun...what the hell are you up to?

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

"I'm coming over." Jungkook sounds a little more aggressive than usual over the phone while he walks home, driving Taehyung aback. "Mmm, I love it when you put your foot down. I didn't even have to send the 'my parents aren't home text'. Should I take off all my clothes and wait for you?"

Jungkook blushes heavily before clearing his throat. "Seriously baby, I need to talk to you about something." Taehyung bites his lips, growing nervous. "Is it about today? I know I shouldn't have done that, but she was way too touchy with you." Jungkook can feel Taehyung glaring through the phone, developing a faint smirk on his lips. Clearly diverging from the subject at hand, Jungkook pokes him. "I thought you didn't get jealous?"

"I don't.." Taehyung growls on the phone. "I just think she needed to know that you were taken."

"It was just a touch, I don't see the problem." Jungkook's grin deepens, as Taehyung's irritation intensifies. "The problem is that you're mine. The only hands I want on your body are mine. It's not that hard to understand.."

"It's not," Jungkook knocks on the door patiently, snickering. "just wanted you to admit how jealous you were. It was adorable."

"Cut it out or I won't open the door!" Taehyung bounces downstairs with an apple bun in his hair, opening the door visibly annoyed. Jungkook takes him by the chin and closes in for a kiss, whispering against his lips. "You'll always open the door." A chaste kiss quickly turns into one with tongue, and Taehyung's moans are matching Jungkook's groans a little too rapidly for his taste. It's when Taehyung finally releases his lips that he came there with an actual agenda.

One that did not include breaking Taehyung's back, and his bed frame.

"Don't be mad," Taehyung frowns when Jungkook says this, because it almost always follows with anger. "I can't go to the dance with you anymore."

"Why not? This better be good." Jungkook pats his lap, parting his legs slightly. "I think you should sit down."

Taehyung, stubborn as he is, sits on the far end of the couch with his arms crossed. "Talk."

"Kihyun was behind this whole thing. I asked some questions and found out he withdrew from school for 'family issues'. A brother going to prison could constitute as such, right?"

Taehyung's eyes almost fall out of his head. All of a sudden everything Wonho said made sense, though it was hard to believe he of all people was telling the truth. He wants to speak up, but he knows the reaction he'll get to telling his boyfriend he went to visit his ex in prison. "Wonho told me he didn't do it. I should've known it was Kihyun."

"Excuse me?" Jungkook looks like the anger is beginning to rise up from his inner core, and Taehyung quickly tries to detonate him. "I wanted answers about why these crazy things keep happening to you. I went to see him in prison just to...just to beg him to tell the truth. I guess he did...it wasn't him."

"I wish you would've told me first...but I'm glad he didn't hurt you." Jungkook sighs as Taehyung moves closer to him, kissing his cheek. "Tell me what happened Kook."

"Hyun told me someone with a snowflake keychain was responsible. I only know it was him because I remember it from when I busted him going into your locker without your permission. Baby, you have to understand my position on this. Hear me out." Taehyung is allowing all of this information to sink in, but his eyes are so wide that he can barely focus.

"It's obvious that he wants me. He wants to do whatever he can to get rid of me; I'm the reason. He knows I'll be with you, and he may try something else. I don't want to risk putting you in danger. That's why...I'm sending Hyun in my place."

Taehyung chokes on his juice, beaming at Jungkook. "You can't be serious. You know he likes me!"

"And would do anything to protect you. I put him through a lot of , he deserves a shot with his crush. You're not in harm's way, he gets to stare into your gorgeous eyes for a night, you both have fun. It's a win-win."

"Kook, you get jealous when I breathe in his direction. How are you so down for this? Don't I get a say in my gala date?"

"Because he deserves someone beautiful, even if just for a night." Jungkook leans back on the sofa, grinding his teeth. "It drives me nuts, but I want you to be safe. If us being apart can do that, I'm willing. I know he'll make sure of that. He's a great guy, I don't see how you could say no."

Taehyung rolls his eyes. "What do I have to do?"

"Just dance with him, talk to him, and if he leans in for a kiss...you can kiss him, if you want to. I won't break his neck." Taehyung laughs, kissing Jungkook on the lips. "I might just do it, just to make you mad."

"You won't," Jungkook rises from the couch, loosening his tie and ing his shirt slowly. "because you'll remember who you're coming home to." He smiles before pulling Taehyung over his shoulder and carrying him to his bedroom despite his protesting.

Before he locks the door, a final thought of Hyun crosses Taehyung's mind.

Well...this should be interesting.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Wow! It has surely been a WHILE. I've seen your comments telling me to update and I've been so tied up with school and work :( life happens, I'm so sorry y'all. It also breaks my heart that Toothless is almost over with just three chapters left TT but I know you'll love them, right? As always thank you for reading, and I'll see you in the next one! xoxo