5th Incisor

Toothless

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

"If you look at it from this angle it kind of looks like a starfish." Jimin and Taehyung sit on his roof, gazing up at the night sky. The others have long since left, Hoseok complaining that he needs a nap and Jin having to tend to one of his vocal students. Taehyung smiles up at the stars looking down on him as Jimin balances a cola bottle on his nose, occasionally looking through it to see the stars. As the weather gets warmer, Taehyung savors moments like this. As much as he loves his oversized sweaters, he's eager to shed them in exchange for much lighter clothing. The kind that he can sing in the rain in--the kind that makes him feel free. Freedom, the one thing Taehyung wishes he had, seems so close yet so far away.

"Lemme see," Taehyung eagerly reaches for the bottle, peeking through it as the small specks of light burst into a blur of whites and blues. He gasps in astonishment, startled when Jimin's phone keeps vibrating. Taehyung frowns, placing his chin in his palm. "You said this was a best friend date.."

"Sorry Tae," Jimin scoots closer to his best friend, poking the dimple in his face. "I'll turn it off."

"I'm curious, you've been texting all evening. Who is it?"

"Nobody.." Tae studies Jimin's face and the way his nose wrinkles when he lies. He snatches the phone and punches in the password, thankful for years of friendship allowing him to remember his code. "Suga? This is Yoongi's number. All these heart emojis..." Taehyung's lightbulb is still dim as Jimin fidgets uncomfortably, his eyes downcast. Finally the light in Taehyung's head switches on. "You guys are dating? Since when?"

"Since today," Jimin clenches his eyes shut, tugging on Tae's sweater. "Please don't be mad, I was gonna tell you.."

"I'm not mad. My best friend is dating the guy of his dreams! I just wanted to be the first to know, he is your very first boyfriend."

Taehyung is smiling but Jimin can see his eyes glaze over. "You've just been so blue lately because of..y'know. I didn't wanna rub it in your face."

Tae studies the glass bottle as if he wants to change the subject. "Min, it's okay. I've accepted that Jungkook will never return my feelings--I had my chance. It doesn't mean I can't still love him afar--do nice things for him and whatnot. You don't have to protect me." Tae smiles up at the stars again and lays back against the tiles of the roof as the wind carries the lies that just left his lips along to oblivion. Jimin's hand curls around Taehyung's as he mirrors his action, collapsing on the tile.

"Forget him. He doesn't know what he's missing. Give you love to someone who can appreciate it, like this secret admirer!"

"Minnie, we don't even know who they are.." Taaehyung is supressing a smile while Jimin nudges him playfully, trying to meet his shy eyes.

"Exactly. That's why we're going to find out."

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

The walk home is long one after school. Jungkook is queasy and his footsteps are burdened. The words keep replaying in his head and he's trying to find out how he got himself into this situation, and how to get out if there's even a way. He stops abruptly as he tries to control his breathing when he starts to get dizzy again.

"You belong to me now."

For a moment Jungkook ponders what it means. What if he isn't steadfast on her leash? What if he doesn't obey every order? He hopes, sincerely hopes that it doesn't mean more blackmail, more revenge, and more evil plans to sabotage him in some way. He's losing control again and he can feel it, when the voices in his head take over and tell him the reason why. The reason why Jeni is doing this, the reason why he can't get a mental grip, the reason why he isn't able to reach true happiness when it's so close he can taste it. Even with all the popularity, friendship and opportunity in his field, Jungkook still isn't happy. His emotional state is dilapidated, and he plans to keep it that way. Should he ever show how hurt he is on the inside, he would be vulnerable. That, is when Jungkook considers he is truly broken.

Jungkook was broken once by the then love of his life.

The voices tell him that all arrows point to Taehyung.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

The sharp rapping on the front door sends chills down Soyeon's spine as she lounges in the living room with a cup of tea. It's 8:34 PM and she isn't expecting visitors this late. She grabs a knife from the kitchen and approaches the door with her hand swinging recklessly. "Hey, we don't want anything you're selling! Go home!"

"Ms. Kim? It's Jungkook..."

She quickly unlocks the door and opens it, staring up at the disheveled boy. "I apologize, I know it's late...I was hoping I could talk to Tae."

"You don't look so good," She pokes around his face, blocking his way. "have you been eating Jungkook?"

"I'm just really tired, I assure you I'm fine." Jungkook wears the sweet smile she's used to, making her back off. "He's upstairs in his room. Go ahead."

He bows before sliding past her and picking up speed when he trudges up the stairs. He makes a bee-line for the door with all the crayon marks Jungkook drew on it when he was little. He busts through the door without knocking, prepared to unleash all his anger when he's met with an unexpected sight. He'd forgotten to check if Taehyung's curtains were closed.

"J-Jungkook.." Taehyung's trying desperately to wrap his towel around his wet body and shield himself from the stunned eyes seemingly raking over his body. Jungkook came prepared to say so much, to drown out Tae's words with all of his yelling and protesting. But Taehyung's wet hair, the droplets of water stretching over his collarbone down his hips, the way he wraps protective arms around himself as if someone is going to snatch the jewels from the treasure chest that is his body are all holding Jungkook in place. His feet are nailed to floor as his face slowly turns pink. "Um..."

"I-I'm sorry," Taehyung is quickly adjusting the towel as it slides over his legs and his hips in his desperate attempt to cover himself. Jungkook finally forces himself to look away, awkwardly looking at the floor. "could you give me a second to put some clothes on?"

"Right, yeah." Jungkook quickly steps outside, his flames having been extinguished. He closes the door behind him as his heart thumps loudly in his ribcage. He isn't nearly as mad as he was when he first busted through the door, if at all. What was he here for again? He seems to have forgotten already. If Jeni hadn't sent him a text at that exact moment, he would've left without a single clue.

jenstringz 8:45 PM

Hope you can get ur act together 2morro

lol :)

Just then the door slowly cracks open and Taehyung pokes his head through. "You can come in now."

Jungkook enters the room prompty as Tae sits on his bed, staring attentively at him. "I need to ask you something."

"You can ask me anything." Jungkook turns around to speak, but he's lost his words once again. Taehyung is smiling so sincerely back at him, all confectioners sugar and agave nectar. It's once of those damned big sweaters again and Jungkook hates that Tae can't simply wear clothing his size. The smell of his soap radiating from his neck is torture enough (though Jungkook doesn't know why) but having his beige, gorgeous skin open for anyone's viewing pleasure is wreaking havoc on Jungkook's hormones. Yes, hormones because Jungkook denies the sudden interest he has in what Tae's skin looks like and why the hickey on his neck is beginning to fade. Damn his anemic , he needs to wear real clothes one of these days.

"I-I just.." Jungkook hates himself right now. He came here to yell and he was going to yell, damn it.

What's the problem? Confront him Jungkook.

Stay out of this Jungkook. I can do it myself!

You should've never came here in the first place. Snap out of it Jungkook!

"Kookie? Is everything okay?"

The nickname triggers something inside of Jungkook. Taehyung's soft hands settle on his shoulders to comfort him but he shakes them off, grabbing Taehyung's wrists suddenly. "What did you tell Jeni?"

He looks baffled by the sudden question, his big clueless eyes scaling the room. "I told her the truth. That you were innocent and it was all apart of some stupid bet.."

"Why?" Jungkook doesn't look at Taehyung. He just grips him as if he doesn't want him to run away, not knowing Taehyung would never run from him even if he wanted to. "I promised to make things right. I can't undo the damage but surely I can help--"

"Why do you need to help? Why can't you accept that you ruined everything and move on? Why do you keep meddling in my life?"

"Jungkook please, I wasn't trying to cause trouble..I just want you to be happy. I took that happiness away from you. I just want you to smile again, like you always used to.."

"I've tried everything. I've yelled at you, I've violated you, what more do you want me to do? You just keep walking back into my world, and I want to know why--"

"Because..because I'm in love with you." Jungkook can finally look into Taehyung's eyes and feel his hands shake when he says this. He can hear Taehyung's heartbeat and how it skyrockets, he can see how Taehyung's face turns red as he overflows with emotion and yet he still has animosity on his tongue. His grip tightens as he pins Taehyung against the wall and he's certain he's had enough of the ery. "Jungkook, it hurts..."

"I've had enough of your tricks. You think this is funny?" Jungkook demands an answer but he's scaring Taehyung so much he barely gets one. "I still have to see a therapist because of you. You're still jerking me around for s and giggles, like the first round of bull wasn't enough."

"It's not a trick! The heart wants what it wants, right? I can't help that I'm so deep in love with you I'm afraid I don't even think of myself anymore! I can't joke about something like this, not when my feelings get stronger every day. Not when I'm smiling every time I think of you, which is every second of the day. Even if you kick me, I'm still going to be here. I'm still going to show you how much I love you, every single day."

Jungkook smirks, releasing his grip on Taehyung's face only to descend to his level. He frames his face and smiles mockingly at him. "I could never love someone like you again Taehyung. I'll never live on that leash again. Whatever 'love' you have for me is irrelevant. You want to make me happy? Act like I don't exist. This is the last time I'm going to tell you; you're dead to me. Dead." 

He doesn't wait for Taehyung to reply. He simply takes his leave and shuts the door before he hears the second sniffle, because he knows all too well tears are sure to follow.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Taehyung finally returns to school two weeks later, shocked when he opens his locker for the first time in weeks to two more bouquets of roses, both blood red and beautifully wrapped.

"Hurry and take these home, class president. I would give you the world if it could fit in your locker." - SA

He blushes before pressing his face into the flowers, inhaling the hypnotizing scent. "Who could you be? You like me, of all people? I wonder..."

"Boo!" Hoseok and Jimin grab both of Taehyung's arms and scare him, marveling at his locker b with teddy bears and flowers. "Wow. That's a hell of a welcome back gift."

"I think they've been sending them every week. It's kind of..nice." Taehyung tries to hide his smile but Hoseok stretches out his cheeks. "What a cute little booger you are~"

"Sorry to interrupt," Yoongi suddenly appears from wherever-the-, Taehyung is too startled to take notice. "Jiminnie, are we still on for lunch today? I bought your favorite."

"Of course. You're my chocopie, I wouldn't stand you up."

"I love you so much." Yoongi smiles sickly as Jimin kisses his lips multiple times. Hoseok is grimacing so intensely he looks like he's going to vomit.

"You guys are gross." Hoseok holds his nose as if something stinks.

"Hey Hoseok, have you ever wondered what a decomposing body looks like?" Yoongi smirks as him as he slowly shakes his head no in fear. "I thought so. I'll see you later baby." One more kiss and Yoongi is off to class, and Hoseok can finally breathe when not in the presence of death itself. "He's so dreamy..." Jimin sighs and Hoseok pushes him out of the equation. "So when are we gonna find this secret admirer?"

"No one's going to find anyone unless they show their face. Besides, this won't go on forever. They'll get tired and they'll stop, don't get your hopes up guys."

"But they seem so nice. Borderline perfect if they're sending you all these wonderful things."

Taehyung gets lost in the whirls and winding shapes of the roses, basking in the sweet scent again. "Yeah...you could be right."

The three of them laugh and socialize together and it's much too challenging for Jungkook to hear himself think when they're making so much noise. Yes, the rest of the hallway is filled with the fifteen-hundred other students that attend Pyeonsaeng and their corresponding conversations, but the trio Jungkook was staring at from down the hall didn't have to be so loud. That was the only reason he was staring at the boy and not wondering why he was holding more flowers or who they were from or--

"Jungkook, I'm talking to you!" 

Jungkook sighs, snapping back to reality. "Yes, Jeni."

"I said I want to go on a date."

"We aren't together. No amount of money you pay will change that. You bought a single date with me, that was it."

"You sure like testing me. It's annoying," Jeni shakes her head as if Jungkook picked C when she wanted him to pick D for all of the above. "Jungkook, why do you think I want to go to med school? Just take a wild guess."

"Because you want to help people?"

"No, because it's easy." Jungkook tilts his head to the side as if he doesn't follow; medical school is by no means easy. Any one who's ever said otherwise probably had some of that 'good stuff'.

"Jungkook, what is my surname?"

"Younghwa. What does this have to do with--"

"What is the name of the largest pharmaceutical and medical manufacturing company in the nation?"

"Y-Young...hwa..."

"Bingo. I could make your internship disappear in a matter of seconds. So smile, your friends are watching honey." She pecks him on the lips and hurries off to class without another word, while Jungkook stands like a block of ice against his locker, white as a sheet. Namjoon opens his locker beside Jungkook, grinning at his friend while he fetches his books. "I didn't know you guys got back together. Nice!"

Jungkook is shaking so badly he can barely breathe. "Yeah, nice..."

Jimin finishes glaring down the hallway, resuming activities that actually matter. "I didn't know they got back together." Taehyung looks over to the subject of Jimin's interest, and spots Jeni placing a soft kiss on Jungkook's lips while he smiles down at her. He smiles while looking into his flowers with adoration. "Aww. Well good for him. They're great together, don't you think?"

"Uh.." Hoseok and Jimin exchange looks, the two confused at the genuine sincerity in Tae's voice. There isn't a hint of bitterness or jealousy, making Hoseok crack a smile. "Sure. Let's get these to the student council room." Taehyung can't see behind the mountain of gifts he's carrying, and it's almost inevitable to not bump into a junior that's walking with his head down and his eyes on his cell phone. The moment they collide Taehyung sends chocolate, stuffed animals and flowers through the air  and lands on his , groaning. "Ouch..."

"I-I'm so sorry sunbae! Are you okay? I wasn't looking.." The first first thing Tae notices is a snowflake charm dangling from the voice's book bag. Taehyung looks up to a boy who must be about seventeen or eighteen with skin like pearls and trusting brown eyes. His mouth is slightly agape in shock and Tae can see every last white tooth in his mouth before helping him up. His hair is jet black with bangs that just meet his eyelashes and he's positively mesmerizing. Taehyung is still blinking back at him in a daze while he tries to get his attention. "Sunbae?"

"I recognize you. Aren't you from the Glee Club?" 

"Oh,yes." The boy laughs nervously as if he's undetectable, able to blend in with a crowd. "I'm Kihyun. It's very nice to meet you, though I'm sorry it's like this--"

He quickly scrambles to pick up his things and return them to him. "Don't worry about it, it was an accident. I should've been more attentive too." Tae bows and smiles at the boy, to which he is taken aback as the younger of the two. "It's almost eleven. You should get to class."

He glances at his watch and gasps, quickly bowing to the three seniors. "Oh god, I'm going to be late! I sincerely apologize for this, I'll take you all out for boiled pork later!" He disappears down the hallway while Taehyung and company progress to their original destination. "Weird. I've never noticed him until now." Jimin crunches on his lollipop before unlocking the door to the student council room. "Sweet kid." Hoseok chimes in and Tae nods in agreement. Before Tae steps in he can feel eyes on him. Eyes that have been curiously watching the entire scene unfold. Eyes that may or may not belong to Jeon Jungkook. 

"Indeed."

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

The end of the day comes quickly now that Taehyung is enjoying his time back at school. He pops into his locker to slide his coat on while Kihyun jokes with Hoseok and Jimin like they didn't just meet today. Taehyung wraps a scarf around his smile and the other two boys walk off to get their things before heading to the restaurant together. "That isn't nearly warm enough, Kihyun! You'll catch a cold, jeez.." Taehyung sacrifices his gloves to slide them on the younger's hands while he laughs it off. "It's fine, I still have to grab my coat. I'm a bit slow, you guys can wait for me outside." Taehyung nods and squeezes his hand. "Hurry up! I'm so hungry I could eat a horse." He disappears into the staircase and Kihyun releases a stressed breath suppressed for too long.

He glances from left to right and all around before punching in Taehyung's combination. The locker door swings open and he places heart-shaped hot packs and a love letter with a single rose inside, smiling. "Wow, he's gonna love that." Kihyun closes the locker silently and turns on his heel, bumping right into--

"What are you doing?" Jungkook is staring icicles into the boy, and needless to say he's terrified. He was certain he didn't see anyone in the hallway, and now suddenly there's a senior asking him what he's doing there. "N-Nothing, this is my locker."

"No it's not. That's Taehyung's locker, which you just opened. I'm sure he wouldn't like you invading his privacy," Jungkook steps closer, reeking of intimidation. "I'll ask you again. What were you doing just now?"

"I...I was..." Kihyun can't think of a lie so he breaks out into a sprint for the staircase door with Jungkook hot on his heels. He knows he's a fool to run from the captain of the soccer team, but he can't blow his cover, not now. Kihyun is at the bottom of the staircase when Jungkook is just a hair short of grabbing his collar. Instead, someone grabs Jungkook's arm and whirls him around.

Kihyun approaches the group of three in the lobby, heaving for air. "What, did you run down here? We could've waited, it's not that deep!" Jimin reassures him and rubs his back soothingly. "Y-Yeah, I just didn't want us to be late. It gets crowded around four, so let's go." Taehyung lags behind, searching his knapsack for something to no avail. "Ah wait, guys.."

"What now? Hoseok is hungry!" 

Taehyung nods apologetically. "I forgot my English notebook. The homework's due tomorrow I need it.'

"Google the answers. You're good at English anyway." Jimin shrugs at his simple resolution. " 'A' students don't google answers. Go and see if the bus is coming, I'll be right out."

Kihyun hesitates while Hoseok and Jimin whine and complain out the door. "Um..sunbae. I don't think you should--I mean can't you just hand it in tomorrow?"

"I'll only be a few seconds, I promise."

"I really don't think you should--"

"Kihyun relax. Just give me a minute. Gosh, what's with you?" Kihyun bites his lip as Tae goes towards the staircase and he's afraid Jungkook is right behind the door waiting for him. He decides he won't stick around to find out and quickly walks outside to meet with the others.

Taehyung has his hand on the door when he hears loud voices behind it hesitates.

Is that...Jeni?

"I told you what would happen if you didn't listen to me! Do you really want me to have to use my resources?

Huh??

"You can say whatever you want. Nobody will believe you. You can't treat people like this."

Something tells Taehyung that he should turn his phone on record and put it on the floor. He listens closely to the bickering back and forth and he's mortified at what he's hearing.

"You've got a free ticket to a great future and you're about to ruin it, all because you're stubborn!"

"Stubborn? You can't force someone to have with you! Not through blackmail, not through bribery not through violence--whatever the this is--why do I even have to explain this to you?!"

"You did it before, you can do it again. We can save this Jungkook, if you'd just put it the effort like I am...you still love me, you still find me attractive. All the memories we've made together, you can't just throw it away!"

"I'm on my way to my therapist, I'll give him your name. It's clear that you need help. You're sick."

The humble Jungkook, always thinking of others...

"I'm not sick. I'm not crazy for loving you. You're my boyfriend."

"I am not your boyfriend Jeni. No amount of money, or desperation or sick mind-ing plots in your ed-up noodle will change that."

'Jungkook I'm in love with--"

"Stop it! I'm in love with someone else!"

Taehyung covers his mouth and grabs his phone, saving the recording. He ducks into a janitor's closet when he hears Jungkook's footsteps and Jeni's yelling intensifying. "Who is it?! Jeon Jungkook, don't walk away from me!"

If it wasn't for the smell of ammonia relaxing him unwillingly, Taehyung would have suffered from a heart attack right then and there. 

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

"So, how are things with your father?"

Jungkook lounges in the recliner as he peers into his dry erase board scribbled with coping exercises. He has an indifferent look on his face as he shrugs his shoulders, and his therapist has to pry more out of him. "You haven't spoken to him since your last argument?"

"Nope. He calls every day, but I have nothing to say to him." His therapist sighs, sitting up in her chair. Jungkook, since we've been meeting I've noticed that you've changed a lot. Forgiveness seems to be your strongest obstacle...when you first started coming here years ago, you told me you wanted to achieve happiness. Get good grades, play the sports you love, secure your future and maintain healthy relationships. Humans mess up, we're not perfect. Holding on to these things slowly eats you from the inside out. You have to forgive the people you love to allow them to repent for their actions, Jungkook."

"He doesn't want to repent. When he's ready to be a father, I'll forgive him."

"How would you know if you don't answer his phone calls?"

She has a point and he falls silent, rolling his tongue in his cheek. "Be more receptive to your father. If you still don't like what he has to say, exercise the necessary precautions. It's the same case with Tae--"

"Don't." Jungkook rolls his stress ball in his hand while his veins pulsate every now and then. His leg is bouncing and his therapist looks concerned, scribbling on her clipboard.

"Why?"

"He has nothing to do with anything. I told him off and he got the hint. No more good morning texts, no more study dates for math class, no more borrowing his notes with funny doodles in it. We're not talking about Taehyung."

"Don't you understand how this is deteriorating you emotionally? You've already evolved from a bright, joyous young man to a brooding shell of anger. I won't push you, but this is really consuming you Jungkook. It's your choice--what do you want to do about it?"

Jungkook doesn't know the answer himself.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

"I could lift ten cranes and still have energy left over for a bulldozer." Hoseok laughs triumphantly coming out of the restaurant. "Thank you Kiki! The meal was delicious." Kihyun snickers at the nickname, nodding. "Do you guys need a ride home? My brother is coming to pick me up soon if you want to tag along." 

"I need to walk off all that meat. I feel like I gained twenty kilos.." Jimin swings an arm around Hoseok and they walk to the bus, bidding Taehyung and Kihyun a happy farewell.

"What about you sunbae?" Kihyun asks enthusiastically but Taehyung's had enough inconveniencing others for one night. "I can walk it, it's not too far. It's cold, so I'll wait with you." He bows graciously and Taehyung waves him off. "Don't be so formal! Just call me Tae. All my friends call me Tae."

Kihyun's eyes sparkle when Tae says "friend" and they exchange smiles. "Alright then, Tae." He clearly likes how it sounds before blowing out an exhausted breath.

"Thanks a lot for coming out with me tonight. I don't have a lot of friends, so this was really fun."

Taehyung's face falls. "Why is that?"

"Well I'm originally from Busan. Being from out of town and speaking with an accent, I guess my classmates don't take too kindly to me."

"Must be why Jimin likes you so much. He's a Busan baby too." Tae chuckles and scoots closer to Kihyun. "I'm sorry you had to go through that. Everyone deserves a friend. We're here now, at least until the end of the semester..but even then! We can still hang out."

"I'd like that..a lot." Kihyun looks down and holds in his smile.

"Hey--" Taehyung is about to say something but he's interrupted by tires screeching against asphalt. A bright blue car with tinted windows is within view and Kihyun perks up; Tae presumes that must be his brother. He didn't expect the car to be so foreign and look so expensive. A man with bright blonde hair gets out of the car and rounds to the other side revealing a body to die for. His chest is defines even through his clothes, and his arms are large but not obnoxiously. It's still tasteful, Taehyung subconciously takes note. He has paint stains all over his tight white t-shirt, Taehyung assumes he must be an artist or something. His ears stick out from his wild messy hair, akin to those of an elephant. He combs it back as he makes a bee-line for his baby brother, sighing. "Hyunnie, you know you're not supposed to be out this late."

"Hyung, stop it. You're embarrassing me.." His brother rolls his eyes before fastening his bomber around him. He looks to his left to see Taehyung smiling awkwardly at him."

"Hi. I'm Wonho, it's a pleasure to meet you. Thanks for taking care of my baby brother!" His face lights up and his intimidating 'it's clobberin' time' aura seems to have dissipated behind his friendly demeanor. He's clearly a gentle giant, making Taehyung soften even more.

"He took care of us, a-actually.." Tae can feels his face heating up as the older male looks down at him. Taehyung quickly stands up and wishes he hadn't, quickly sitting back down. The height difference was beyond embarrassing. "Your brother is really sweet, thanks for lending him to us. I apologize for having him out so late."

"See Ki? Making friends is easy. It's fine, his mother will be happy to see he's finally socializing--"

"Can you stop being so embarrassing and come on?!" Kihyun protests next to the car while Wonho cheeses at Taehyung again. "Do you need a ride?"

"I-I live right around the corner, it's okay." Taehyung doesn't know why he's blushing but he needs to stop before he's caught.

"Well then. Be careful getting home, and thanks again!" He jogs back to the car and Kihyun bows a thousand times before waving at Taehyung. Just like that the pair is gone, and Taehyung walks home on cloud nine.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

The next day, Taehyung's been officially assigned the task of greeting new parents coming to the Spring Recital. He frowns because he's still assigned with student council work even though he's no longer in the council. He could be doing homework right now, but instead he's replacing Jimin. Hoseok blows in his ear suddenly, effectively scaring the out of him. "Cheer up! At least Jimin's recovering from his cold. Maybe he'll think twice before chasing Yoongi's tongue down his throat when he's sic--"

"Hoseok! Gross." Hoseok smiles apologetically when Tae holds up a hand to spare him the details. "Just make sure we have exactly four-hundred parents in the auditorium. The attendance sheet says thats all we can fit anyway..." Hoseok throws his hands up like he hates his job and goes to visit the vending machine.

It's only been thirty minutes and Tae is about to throw his back out smiling and bowing to all the parents filing through the door. "Good afternoon, thank you for attending the Spr--"

"Oh! It's you!"

The voice is easily recognized from the joy in it alone, and Taehyung looks up from his bow to see a familiar blonde blinking back at him. His hair combed down and he looks much neater with a button down on underneath his coat. He looks very handsome once he's cleaned up, and Taehyung has to refrain from staring so hard.

Dear god, why does he have to see me like this?! 

"W-Wonho, funny seeing you here!"

"I came to support Hyunnie. It's his first performance so I know he's super nervous. Hopefully me being here calms his stage fright. I even bought his favorite flower!" Wonho is cradling a bouquet of red roses as he smiles back at Taehyung.

However, Wonho has long since walked away when it clicks, and he puts two and two together. "Wait...roses?"

Don't tell me...it's...?

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

I KNOW this is a waste of a chapter I know. But I wanted to get SOMETHING out bc I don't want to deprive my babies. I wish there was more Taekook for this chapter but ya'll need some plot development too right? Right?

Plus Monsta X are sweethearts and not problematic. So yeah stan them now

As always I read ALL of your lovely comments and I have yet to get back to them! I'm late for class so I have to go but I LOVE you!

xoxo