8th Tooth

Toothless

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

The unabating vibrating in Jungkook's pocket has yet to disturb his entire AP Stats class, and he's wondering who could possibly be ringing his line when he catches Hoseok glaring at him through his peripheral vision. Jungkook is squinting to see his friend, and rubs his wool sleeves on his spectacles before putting them on.

What is he going on about? 

Jungkook peers at the teacher in the front of the class before quickly whipping out his iPhone and navigating to his notifications. Fifty-six messages? Gosh, Hoseok...

hoseok-my-faceu: Jung

hoseok-my-faceu: Jungkook

hoseok-my-faceu: Junglook

hoseok-my-faceu: Jungbook. Jungshook

hoseok-my-faceu: pick up the phone baby

hoseok-my-faceu: I know ur home baby. It's lit

Read 10:23 AM

hoseok-my-faceu: u did not just leave me on read

Jungkook sighs impatiently, afraid the teacher will turn around and yell at him while he peeks down at his phone. 

 10:24 AM hoseok-my-faceu: WOW SO UR REALLY NOT GONNA REPLY

                                                                                             kookiesncream: Bro we're in class can you not

 hoseok-my-faceu: It's important it's an emergency

 hoseok-my-faceu: Wait lemme invite Namjoon he's good at this planning

strongpowerty joined the chat

hoseok-my-faceu named the chat "Bake Sale ".

10:27 AM strongpowerty: Wtf

strongpowerty: I'm in class seok

hoseok-my-faceu: I'll be quick what are you making for the bake sale

                                                                                              kookiesncream: how is that an emergency you could've waited

hoseok-my-faceu: well you could've eaten a   

                                                                                              kookiesncream: Wow. Rude

strongpowerty: I'm chopping onions. lol

strongpowerty: I'm making rice pudding

hoseok-my-faceu: okay coo. next

strongpowerty left the chat

jiminnie-pabo joined the chat

10:40 AM jiminnie-pabo: I'm literally sitting right in front of you hoseok

 jiminnie-pabo: tbh i don't have time for this

hoseok-my-faceu: the bake sale is tomorrow is you on board or nah

jiminnie-pabo: yeah I'm making fried oreos. can i go now

                                                                                             kookiesncream: omg i'm so excited to taste them

                                                                                             kookiesncream: don't put nutmeg tho cuz I'll die lmfao

hoseok-my-faceu: if ur not contributing ur not eating hoe

                                                                                             kookiesncream: I'm like TT

                                                                                             kookiesncream: i can make strawberry tarts then

daegudaddy joined the chat

cupoftae joined the chat

pinkprincess joined the chat

10: 45 AM daegudaddy: every time i try to leave this someone brings me back to this ING group chat

jiminnie-pabo: DADDY

daegudaddy: ..hi jimin <3

hoseok-my-faceu: Yoongi have you decided what you're gonna make for the bake sale?

daegudaddy: I'm not making anything I'm not even in cooking club. foh

                                                                                                           kookiesncream: yoongi literally ruins everything. he's like a roach at a picnic

hoseok-my-faceu: i'm telling namjoon you stole his $200 headphones freshman year

daegudaddy: lime jello and bread pudding

daegudaddy left the chat

10:50 AM hoseok-my-faceu: Made him talk real fast

hoseok-my-faceu: Tae and jin?

pinkprincess: tiramisu and cheesecake. with cherry blossoms to garnish of course

hoseok-my-faceu: just don't choke anybody. Tae?

cupoftae:I've been perfecting this brownie recipe. You guys are gonna love it, i'm so excited <3

Jungkook smiles at his phone when he reads the joy in Taehyung's text.

                                                                                                                      kookiesncream: I'm sure it's perfect already :)

cupoftae: ...

cupoftae left the chat

Jungkook frowns; Taehyung immediately evacuates when he realizes Jungkook is also in the group chat.

 

10:56 AM hoseok-my-faceu: smfh nice going. keep your jungcock in your pants

                                                                                                                     kookiesncream: I was just trying to be nice :(

jiminnie-pabo: it's ok kookie. tae can be a fat miserable sometimes

jiminnie-pabo: ok but srsly can we pay attention cuz we're like 3 memes away from detention

hoseok-my-faceu: one last reminder, nutmeg is off limits. can't have jungkook breaking out in hives and all that jazz

 

Jungkook places his phone in his bag and equips his pencil for the rest of the class, glancing and Hoseok and shooting him a gracious smile before continuing to take his notes. Even though Jungkook has taken a couple of L's in the beginning of the year, he's happy to still have his friends--or some of them--by his side.

With Jeni out of the picture, coming to terms with his heartbreak would have been tougher without his buddies to lean on. Hoseok and Namjoon didn't have girlfriends, so it soothed the pain a bit to know he wouldn't need to witness any boo-loving while he was healing. At times like these he was grateful, even though his depression was slowly starting to consume him. He promised himself he would never go back to that dark, miserable place again but the hands seem to beckon him into that darkness every single day.

That place...that unrequited love.

Though he hates it, Jungkook finds his mind wandering to the years he spent without friends. They were lonely for the most part, especially when he was a child. Moving to Pyeongsaeng was a risky decision his mother threw him into, and he had no say in the matter as the youngest child.

"Hyung has a big job offer in Pyeongsaeng. It's better if we move closer, Kookie."

Hearing that at six years old, Jungkook was happy for his brother. He didn't know the terms and conditions of the move, and didn't anticipate the unrelenting bullying that was going to plague his childhood. Jungkook was an early bloomer--puberty was kind to him and cruel even before it arrived. At six he was much taller than average children his age, which resulted in the entire first-grade class avoiding him at lunch and recess. They called him a dinosaur, a green giant, a monster, anything remotely big and frightening seemed to fit. When Jungkook met Taehyung, however, life didn't just seem a little less lonely. For Jungkook, life became an adventure.

"This is Jeon Jungkook. He's six years old, and he just moved here from Busan. Say hello!" The teacher held Jungkook's hand and guided him from between her constricted legs.

"He looks like an asparagus!" The class erupted into laughter, and Jungkook struggled to hold back tears.

The only boy that did not run screaming from him was small and timid, with large brown eyes and shaggy brown hair. His face was emotionless and rigid, as if he was made of wax. The rest of the class called him "devil" because they believed he did not have the ability to smile, and thus steered clear as to prevent a curse being put on them for eternity. While his exterior seemed hard, he was the complete opposite on the inside. At recess, the boy approached Jungkook with a bundle of sticks and cloth in his hand. Jungkook was crying in a corner by himself, isolated from the rest of the children. "Go away."

The boy shoved the bundle of sticks into Jungkook's face, flashing him a gappy smile. When Jungkook wiped the tears that were blurring his vision, he looked up at the sticks and realized they were dolls. "Look, I made you. I made me too--now we can play together. So..don't cry, okay?" Jungkook just stared blankly at him, and the tears completely stopped.

"My name is Taehyung. Wanna be friends?"

Jungkook followed Taehyung everywhere. Taehyung was older and lived in Pyeongsaeng his entire life, so he knew every nook and cranny of the bustling town and took him on a new adventure every day. Tae insisted he was the independent one teaching Jungkook everything he needed to know about being a big kid, but he was always fumbling with the simplest things in the world. Jungkook taught him how to catch butterflies and beetles during their first winter together, and it was then that he realized his friend may be maturing faster than he was. 

When Tae discovered Jungkook moved into the house across the street from him, the pair was inseparable. Sundown always resulted in kicking, screaming and a lot of tears, even though they both knew all too well they would see each other at school the very next day. If Jungkook wasn't going to his house, Taehyung was going to his, it was a ritual that was never neglected by neither of their mothers. On a particular day Taehyung asked Jungkook to come outside and play, they planned to stay out late and he took him to the one place he would never forget.

"It's the secret place. There's fairies in there. I dug a hole under the fence up the hill and found them!"

"There's no such thing as fairies," Jungkook huffed, looking the other way. "stop trying to trick me." Taehyung furrows his brows and nestles his hand in Jungkook's, locking fingers with him. "Come on, I'm gonna show you." He grabs his bike and coaxes Jungkook to get on, while he gets on the pegs and gently wraps his arms around Kookie's neck. Jungkook pedals fast while Tae is directing him up the tiresome hill, and once Jungkook gets off he's out of breath.

"Come on!" Tae squeezes through an opening under a fence and emerges underneath it with a wide grin on his face.

"Tae, I think I scratched my knee.." Jungkook pops his head up from the fresh scent of soil and grass, beholding the sight before him. "Whoa.."

A large redwood rests in the middle of a small pond. The roots are thick, large and aged, twisting and winding in and out of the ground as the water below it sparkles with a glowing blue hue. The trunk is dense, presumably full of rings that tell of its duration in this place. Deer, rabbits and frogs are just a few of the animal friends that surround the tree and the small body of water beneath it, and Jungkook's eyes almost roll right out of his skull. "Tae! How does it glow like that?"

"It's the fairies, duh. You can only see them at night." Taehyung put his hands on his hips, stating this as a matter-of-factly. He watches Jungkook eagerly run to the water and run his hands through it. The water shines and the glittering substance twirls around Jungkook's fingers as he fascinates himself. While Jungkook is preoccupied, Taehyung grabs a stick and goes to work in the soft soil by the water. He carves out a "TH + JK" and marvels at his sloppy work.

"There. From now on this is our secret spot. Don't tell anyone about it, for as long as you live." Taehyung holds out a pinky, and Jungkook wraps his own with Tae's without hesitation.

"I promise."

They visited the secret place every day until the fateful day their friendship was severed. In the aftermath, Jungkook sat up in his hospital bed, he found it difficult to follow the words coming out of the doctor's mouth. They were large medical terms he couldn't begin to fathom and he tugged on his mother's shirt with endless questions.

"Is Taetae okay, mommy?"

"Taehyung got hit in the head very hard," She  Jungkook's head when he looked like he was about to burst into tears. "but don't worry, he's alright. Taehyung has something called a concussion. It's when you get bumped on the head and you don't remember things very clearly. You'll have to be very patient with him."

Jungkook stared at his mother as she explained and the words sunk in rather slowly, but he understood. While it wasn't fitting at all, he blamed himself completely. The boy he was friends with had lost most of the moments they shared together.

The most beautiful moments of Jungkook's life.

Jungkook clutches the good luck charm hanging from the leather strap around his neck as he goes through the memories, a warm comfort settling in his chest. He begins to laugh as he thinks back on Taehyung going on about fairies, when the water only seemed like it was glowing because of bioluminescent phytoplankton. As a biology nerd, he wasn't going to use science to ruin the magic of the memory--Taehyung's explanation was cuter. 

The secret place is a source of relaxation for Jungkook now. He goes there to collect his thoughts and to scatter them, to calm himself down and get angry again. He goes there to write his songs and poetry and let his yearning pour out onto his pages. He goes there to sing his heart out when he feels like no one is listening, and all is lost.

Jungkook plans to visit his favorite tree later on today.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

"Good morning Jungkook...we're sorry to disturb you."

Jungkook arrives to a group of about sixteen girls of the freshman and sophomore class surrounding his locker and giggling. The one standing in the front approaches Jungkook, almost fainting from the soft smile that spreads across his lips. "Good morning ladies.You could never be a disturbance. What can I do for you?" Hoseok was already huffing in impatience next to Kookie, but he couldn't help it. Jungkook wasn't flirting, he was just too nice for his own good. Oddly the girls in his elective classes didn't know the difference, and neither did Namjoon or Hoseok.

"Everything," a girl in the back replies and Jungkook laughs slightly, his lips. She glares at her friend and continues, presenting a pink box to him. "We made some pastries for you. Valentine's Day is right around the corner and...we're really sorry about you and Jeni. If there's anything we can do to help, please let us know."

"That's so sweet of you," Jungkook tries not to flinch at the mention of her name, bowing slightly to the girls. "I'll treasure these. Thank you so much." The girls run off in a squealing mess and Jungkook snickers, placing the treats in his locker. He's ignoring the obvious stares coming from Namjoon and Hoseok because he knows the peanut gallery is open for business. "What? I didn't even do anything."

"Yeah, that's it," Hoseok rolls his eyes. "these girls just flock to you for existing."

Jungkook grins at his friend and leans against his locker. "It's not like I'm interested. I'm not, by any means, lucky in the slightest. I just got dumped yesterday and I don't even know why."

"Who cares?" Namjoon switches his lollipop from cheek to cheek with a serious look on his face. "You two were only together for a summer and a few school months. You're prepping for college and you're bound to go your separate ways anyway. It was inevitable."

"You're such a love killer!" Hoseok stomps his feet impatiently as Jungkook suddenly interrupts him. "I didn't love her. I cared for her a lot, but it wasn't love. She got mad when I didn't say it back to her after we slept together for the very first time. But...I wasn't going to lie."

"Jeon Jungkook you dirty dog," Hoseok rubs his chin in curiosity. "I didn't know you guys were having !"

Jungkook blushes, turning away from his friends. "That's not why I was with her. It only happened once because it was painful for her, but I was fine with that. She just made me really happy, that's all." He turns somber after that, and Hoseok bites his lip, regretting egging him on.

"Well you've got us, I'll be your hope and your sunshine~" Hoseok nudges him with a smile and pokes him in the sides. Jungkook would continue laughing if it wasn't for the sudden intimidating presence that suddenly washed over the hallway. This presence could only be associated with Taehyung and Jungkook didn't have time to check his breath, his hair or for any scuffs on his Timberlands.

Crap. He's coming this way. 

I shouldn't have had garlic rice for lunch.

This is horrible.

As Jungkook assesses Tae's features, he feels his face heating up. Taehyung is very attractive and gets the same attention Jungkook does with women and people in general. However, his authority as the student council president scared the out of his classmates. He was just so cold, he had no problem rejecting the thousands of confessions he received without hesitation. He walks up to the three boys with a hand in his pocket and another toying with a rubix cube. "You better not cheat and use those pastries for the bake sale."

"Not at all," Jungkook tries to play it cool, leaning against his locker. "I'm actually going straight to the market after school to pick up ingredients."

Taehyung smiles his usual tight-lipped, restrained smile. "Good, I'm glad to hear that. Hoseok-ah~" Taehyung gets much happier when he hugs his favorite Treasurer and the boy sighs. "I'm not buying anything for you, so save it!"

Tae pouts and Namjoon chuckles around his lollipop. "Tae, stop being lazy. Just pick it up from the store before you get off tonight."

"I don't wanna. I'll have to walk all the way home with all those bags, and I don't have my bike today." Tae is groaning into Namjoon's shoulder and being a pain in the , and Jungkook silently finds the entire act adorable while Hoseok and Namjoon groan obnoxiously. 

"You're always complaining! The last time I came to work there was puke in the garden and I had to clean it up. That was after your shift!"

"Well if your little friend--" Taehyung suddenly shuts up, and his entire face turns red. "I mean...I'm sorry hyung, I think I had food poisoning that day."

Hoseok whispers a small "Ew" under his breath while Jungkook peers into Taehyung's downcast eyes, wondering what he was going to say. He momentarily drops the subject when a hand comes down hard on his shoulder and shakes him slightly. "Fine. Be that way. I'll see you guys tomorrow." Taehyung sticks his tongue out at the two boys, but when his eyes settle on Jungkook, his lips part slightly. Jungkook is on the edge of his seat, wondering what the boy is about to say. 

"Have a nice day, Jungkook." He disappears into his history class with red ears and a hidden face, leaving a dumbfounded Jungkook behind.

"Well damn. I wanted to have a nice day too." Namjoon sighs.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

That evening, Jungkook pedals his bike to the convenience store near his house. He pulls out his list, scanning it over and reciting it. "Eggs, milk, flour, strawberry preserves..." Jungkook enters the store, slightly startled by the little bell that jingles when the door opens. He bows to the cashier without looking in his direction, navigating to the aisles to look for his items. Once he's done, he comes to the counter and digs around for his wallet while he lazily chews on his gum. While he's looking down, he immediately recognizes the smooth hands ringing up his groceries. He looks up at the mortified boy in front of him, lighting up immediately. 

"Ah, Taehyung! I didn't know you worked here," Taehyung whispers a déjà vu before grinning sarcastically at Jungkook. "I'll have to come here a lot more now~"

Taehyung briefly shuts his eyes impatiently, tapping his fingers on the counter. "Anything else you need?"

There's the Taehyung I know.

Grumpy as always.

Jungkook spaces out for a moment, looking outside at the sky. It's getting dark and the streetlights should be coming on soon.

This is the perfect time.

"Actually yes," Jungkook leans across the counter and closer to Taehyung, much to his confusion. "I need you to come with me."

Taehyung chokes on his water. "Are you trying to kidnap me? I'm at work--"

"So you're saying you'll come if you're not at work?"

"That's not quite--" Jungkook places a finger on Taehyung's plump lips and quickly dials a number on his cellphone.  "Hyung, I need a favor."

"I'm watching Do Bong Soon. You know not to bother me at this hour!" Namjoon's grumbling is audible from across the counter, and Taehyung's eyes widen when he connects the dots.

"Could you work Taehyung's shift? He's feeling a little under the weather." Taehyung begins protesting in the background, desperate to be heard. "I am perfectly fine Namjoon. You don't need to come anywhere."

Jungkook is going back and forth with Namjoon and he quickly grows aggravated when Tae won't shut up. "Hold on Joon," Jungkook suddenly places his phone on the counter and directs and impatient glare towards Taehyung. He reaches towards the elder, grabbing a handful of Taehyung's shirt. He pulls him over the counter and presses his lips on Taehyung's thicker pair with no warning whatsoever. He even adds a bit of tongue for the extra shock factor, and because he likes to pull his "cocky bastard" card every now and then for s and giggles.

There. That should get him to shut up.

Jungkook releases his lips with a soft smack and he dizzily stumbles backwards. His face is a dangerous shade of red and he stutters to find words. "I-I...I.."

Wow, he didn't even slap me.

For someone who hates me as much as he does, he lets me get away with a lot...

"Now, may I finish my conversation?" Taehyung nods vigorously and stares at the floor in silence as Jungkook smiles at him. "Yeah, Joon? If you cover his shift I'll let you watch the entire season of Bong Soon on my DVR."

"So what time should I be at work?"

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

After waiting (in silence, Taehyung remained in the corner with apparent red ears the entire time) for Namjoon to relieve Taehyung, Jungkook grabs his hand and runs out of the store, ignoring his protesting. He slides his grocery bags on the handlebars and mounts his bike, gazing back at Taehyung.

"Jungkook, where are you taking me?"

"Just get on and close your eyes," Jungkook softly takes his hand again, pulling him onto the pegs. "don't talk and don't open them. Just hold onto me."

After some hesitation, Jungkook is surprised when he feels Taehyung's arms encircle around his neck for security. "..Okay." Tae's unsure, shaky voice sends shivers down Jungkook's spine. He's shocked that Tae is actually complying to his every request, smirking when he feels Tae relax on his back and signals him to go.

This kid...

I'm so weak when it comes to him.

The ride up the hill is a tedious one, especially with Taehyung's weight on the bike. Jungkook pays it no mind, he's much too busy drowning in the nostalgia of the moment. Taehyung was a much larger human now, but when they were younger these bike rides were a daily routine. Taehyung was so short and Jungkook so tall, Tae's nose would be snuggled into Jungkook's neck to shield his face from the whipping winds.

He suddenly stops when they reach a grove and a fence, and Jungkook curls his hand in Taehyung's to prevent him from falling. The hole Taehyung built as a child was now much too small to accommodate Jungkook's 6'1 frame--they were going to have to jump it.

"You can open now. I don't want you to get hurt." Taehyung opens his eyes, surveying his surroundings and beaming at Jungkook with questioning eyes. "Here, get on my back." Taehyung hesitates but listens nonetheless when Jungkook squats and lifts him, scooting him up to rest his legs on his shoulders. He approaches the fence and taps on Tae's thigh, relaxing when Taehyung understands and grabs onto the fence. He climbs to the very top and leaps over, dropping to the floor in a heap. Easily alarmed, Jungkook jolts to the fence. "Taehyung, are you okay?!"

"I'm fine. Just jump over before a bear comes." He jumps the fence with ease, his agile legs helping him stick a perfect landing. He then takes Taehyung's hand again and is surprised once more when Taehyung doesn't jerk away from him. They curiously walk through the grove until they reach a familiar tree with beautifully distorted roots. When Jungkook releases his hand, all he can see is the blue light reflecting from Taehyung's astonished eyes. "Jungkook it's...it's beautiful."

"I'd hoped you'd say that." Jungkook walks up to the tree and sits down, kicking off his sneakers and placing his feet in the cool water. Taehyung settles down next to him, mouth agape. "How does it glow like--"

"Fairies," Jungkook laughs when Tae grins back at his stupid answer, a dimple appearing in his cheek. "a scientific wonder called bioluminescent algae. It's pretty to look at but a pain to understand, for some."

"I didn't know you liked science." Tae seems to have gotten comfortable, because his shoes are off too and he's fascinated with the water and the nature around him. Before Jungkook can reply, he realizes that Tae is smiling and talking to him. It's that gorgeous smile that he's yearned to see for forever, and though it isn't the toothy smile he'd hoped for, it was something.

"I wanted to study biology at SNU. I actually want to be a doctor. Cliché, I know." Taehyung's face falls when he hears Jungkook's past tense.

"Not at all, the world is overpopulated. Someone's gotta save us, right?" Taehyung's optimism is so new and refreshing, and Jungkook feels so at ease; he could stay here all day with him. "Right, though I'd prefer to be a pediatrician. I love children, and I was an awkward child myself, so it'd be interesting."

Taehyung emits a soft laugh before laying backwards on the grass and looking up at the moon. Jungkook seems enraptured in his thoughts and keeps his eyes trained on the glowing water beneath his feet until Taehyung softly calls his name.

"Why did you bring me here?" Tae doesn't look at Jungkook nor does he take his eyes off the water. 

"I confessed to my first love here," Jungkook runs a hand through his blonde locks, laying backwards next to Tae. "that was a pretty ty experience." Jungkook chuckles and bites his lip, sharply inhaling and becoming serious. "It's a very special place, filled with my most precious memories and emotions. I wanted to share it with you." Taehyung's expression looks pained, before he finally looks into Jungkook's eyes. His focus alternates from Jungkook's eyes to his lips and when Jungkook notices, he inches closer to Taehyung.  "But...why me?"

God. He really doesn't remember.

It's killing me...

"I'd hoped to ring a few bells, but I think I need to accept that it's useless." Taehyung desperately wants to inquire further, but Jungkook cuts him off and rises from the grass. "It's getting late. Let's get you home before your mom kills me."

After a long pause, Taehyung nods and walks behind Jungkook, his beat up sneakers covering a small marking of someone's initials in the soil.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Tae wakes up early the next morning to quickly prepare his brownies, completely forgetting that the bake sale was today until he received a particularly violent text from Hoseok. He's on FaceTime with Jimin while he gets to cracking eggs and whisking in no time, and by the end he has two bowls and a mysterious white packet in his hand. "To laxative or not to laxative?" 

"Oh you little jerk," Jimin starts whining again. "You won't stop until you kill the guy."

"It's my last one. I have to go out with a bang."

He knows he's a disgusting human being at this point, but eases the reality by telling himself this is the very last prank. It's clear he's ruined Jungkook in more ways than one, and he's fulfilled the conditions of the bet in under thirty days. He's dancing on the border of overkill, but when he thinks about the hilarious outcomes, it's almost too amusing to stop.

When they're out of the oven, Taehyung wraps the laxative brownie separate from the others. He stashes the treats in his bag, eager to watch his very last plan unfold.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Jimin is breaking up fights left and right over both the bakers and their pastries. He breathlessly collapses next to their table in the student center. "They're just fried oreos, these kids are lunatics."

Jungkook is wolfing down dessert after dessert, smiling with his cheeks full of bread pudding. "They're little angels. I think most of these customers for us and not the sweets...anyway." Jungkook is wrapping up his station, having been cleaned out by his groupies in a matter of minutes. Hoseok glares at him, but his face lights up when Taehyung arrives and pushes through the eager crowd of girls to set up his brownie station. "Sorry I'm late, where am I?"

Hoseok points in a random direction where Yoongi is standing, collecting money with sunglasses and a snapback on while he bobs his head to hip hop blasting through his headphones. Right next to him is his target, socializing with some giggling girls and pouring them some complementary coffee.

Look at him. Being handsome and charming...

His perfect smile..and his hair...and he's so tall, and strong...

"Taehyung, pay attention. You're almost out of stock..." Jimin motions towards Taehyung's basket of brownies, and he quickly realizes every last one has been bought with the exception of two. He recognizes the laxative brownie from the blue napkin it's wrapped in and grabs it before a junior boy does. The boy narrows his eyes at Taehyung; he looks like he's about to curse before Tae smiles and hands him one of Hoseok's cupcakes instead. "Here, these taste better anyway." Hoseok silently thanks him with a wink.

When all the pandemonium dies down and every last treat has been sold, Yoongi collapses next to Jin in a beanbag. "Aigoo. I've never counted that much money before," He hands the stack of cash to Hoseok, congratulating everyone with a nod. "I felt like a rapper."

Jimin grins shyly at Yoongi, his ego. "You certainly look like one too, with the glasses and chain and all." He gets Yoongi going in no time.

"You like this?" Yoongi lifts his chain with his thumbs when Jimin nods. "Three dollars." Jimin swoons sarcastically, throwing a damp rag at him. "Get to work, D boy."

Tae stretches his arms above his head, wiping down the coffee station and humming to himself. He feels a tap on his shoulder and whirls around to look up at Jungkook. He looks upset about something, and Tae an eyebrow in response. "I didn't get to taste anything you made." Taehyung reaches into his apron and hands Jungkook his brownie as if he were expecting him to come up and get it. Jungkook is more than elated (Tae doesn't know why, was it really that deep?) before he bows and thanks him again. "I'll cherish every last bite." He skips away and Jimin replaces him as Tae is stifling laughter.

I'm sure you will.

"Do you need help with anything? I'm about to head to class." Jimin slinks an arm around Taehyung's shoulder, hugging him close. "I'm all good here. I finally mastered those brownies. Minus the bucket of nutmeg."

Jimin laughs, poking him in the cheek. "I told you practice makes perfect," Jimin pauses, rewinding his brain. "wait. You didn't put nutmeg in that recipe, did you?"

"I did. Just for garnish though," Jimin's horrified expression wipes the joy right off of Tae's face. "What's wro--"

"Kookie is allergic to nutmeg." Taehyung immediately drops his rag, scanning the area for Jungkook. "Oh my god," Taehyung can't breathe; he only sees a half-eaten brownie wrapped in a blue napkin before he hears a female student screaming down the hall. Tae runs toward the sound and pushes through a group of worried students to find Jungkook in the very center, foaming from the mouth and convulsing as he gasps for air.

Suddenly his body stops moving completely.

That's when Taehyung's world stops completely.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Why is this chapter so long, you say!? Because we all need a little JK POV in our lives sometimes! Yes yes, I do apologize for this terribly long chapter. I'm not sorry if you enjoyed it though. Tbh I'm debating on whether or not I should rate this fic because of the suggestive language...idk. I'd love to know how you feel! Reach out to me, send me a message, blah blah...I love to hear from readers and feedback is very much appreciated. I'm currently editing so don't be too mad. As always, thank you so much for reading~