1st Tooth

Toothless

 

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

"TaeTae! It's quarter to eight. You're going to be late!"

Taehyung's face is sunken in his pillow, a single slender arm emerging from the blankets to feel around for his glasses. His fingers dance around his large frames and he grabs them, settling them on the bridge of his nose once he finally sits up. Wiping some drool on his chin, Taehyung emits a large baritone groan of frustration at his lack of his sleep. "I'm going to dread college at this rate..."

A head of black hair pokes through his bedroom door and Taehyung barely reacts, almost expecting the person and the loud, obnoxious laughter following them. A smiling boy by the name of Park Jimin with a slender body leans against the wall with a freshly dry-cleaned uniform hanging from his fingertips.  "We've got a student council meeting this morning, president. I made toast!" He grins, and Taehyung can't help but smile softly in response. "You're a dork, chimchim."

"I know." He tosses the uniform at Tae, and motions towards the shower. "You can't be a dirtbag. You know..."

"Aish! You don't even live here!" Taehyung chases him out throwing shoes at him and goes in the bathroom to prepare for the school day. He fetches his toothbrush in the mirror and brushes his teeth, smiling once hes done. He then looks at the gaping hole where his third incisor should be, rolling his tongue around in the space. "I should be used to it by now.."

He sighs, practicing his tight-lipped president smile. "This should do."

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

"I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome our student council back after a relaxing break," Taehyung smiles sincerely, adjusting his striped tie. "This meeting will address our plans for the senior trip and gala."

Hoseok, the Treasurer, is the first one to have a hand waving playfully in the air. "Don't you think it's a bit early to be discussing that? It's Winter." A pocky stick dangles from his lips as he challenges Taehyung with a grin. Taehyung tries to hide the scowl that approaches his lips. "It's in May, isn't it? We need fundraising for the buses, the catering, the room and board of the resort, not to mention we don't know the body count, the--"

Hoseok surrendered in his laziness, leaning back in his chair. " I got it, I got it. Sheesh.." Taehyung nods in response, exercising authority. "As the Treasurer, I expect you to come up with some creative fundraisers that everyone would love to participate in." Hoseok smiles at this wholeheartedly, standing up with his clipboard in his hand. "You know you can count on me. I'm your hope!" He lists his bullet points, throwing out idea after idea.

"We could do a bake sale with the Cooking Club, I'm sure Jin-ssi would love to help out. We could also do a car-wash, but we'd have to get a lot of pretty girls, or shirtless guys...but there's still hope! We could also up the price of the game tickets. That would be a major moneymaker, people are already dying to see--"

"No."

Hoseok freezes, tilting his head in confusion. Jimin is confused too, convinced that Hoseok's pitches were great. "But the soccer team is amazing. Why not use their popularity to help the cause?" Hoseok presses. Taehyung has a dry lump in his throat, and can feel everyone staring at him quizzically.

"I-I um...you're right. Absolutely. We'll get right on it, then." Taehyung glanced at his watch, finding an excuse to hurry out of the room. "If you'll all kindly excuse me, I've got choir practice. Good work guys!" Taehyung practically cartwheels out of the room, with his vice president following close at his heels.

"What was that all about?" Jimin tugs on the younger's sleeve with a concerned look on his face. "You know exactly what that was about. I would die before I ever go to the soccer team for anything." Jimin prepares to retort but is interrupted by a series of cooes sounding from down the hall. "Speak of the devil--"

"--and he shall appear.." Taehyung finishes his friend's sentence, practically staring down the tall, handsome athletic males coming their way in nothing but gym shorts and t-shirts.

Jimin is caught in a trance, but Taehyung seems to be immune to the charming boys, staring lasers through the one in the center. It isn't until they are almost a foot apart that he realizes he is in the way. "Pardon me, class president." The center boy smiles at him, does a small half-bow to Taehyung, and passes by him. Taehyung's world is still moving in slow motion, and he's squeezing his graphing calculator so hard that the batteries pop out of the back.

"I don't get why you hate him so much. He's so nice."

"Because he's an idiot," Taehyung stomps down the hallway, his voice getting louder with each sentence. "An idiot, a moron, an imbecile, an asinine jock who knows absolutely nothing about anything, an asshat, a bully, a--"

"Tae..I get it. I just don't really see that from Jung--"

"Don't even say his name!" Taehyung was red-faced and visibly irritated. Jimin threw his hands up, indicating the subject was off the table. He stormed into practice, throwing his bookbag to the side and right into the face of their head producer. The older boy removed his headphones, directing a stare at Taehyung. "You may be the class president, but I can still kill you without anyone ever finding out."

Taehyung threw himself into a 90-degree bow, removing his glasses. "I'm so sorry Yoongi-ssi, that was an accident."

"Let it be your only accident you punkass--"

"Hey! There will be no language but the language of cherry blossoms and sunshine allowed in this music room! Which, for your information is called singing. La, la la!" Taehyung rolls his eyes, having little to no energy for the antics of the Music Director today. Jimin squeezes Taehyung's hand while he stifles laughter. "Man, our school's so poor they had to have the same person run the Cooking Club and Glee Club." A shoe comes spiraling into Jimin's head, blessing him witha nice red mark on his forehead. Jimin gasped in disbelief, tracing his gaze back to the shoeless foot of Jin, also his senior.

"Don't talk about me like I'm not here. Now! Taehyung, you're going to be practicing your solo today. Yoongi, give me Stigma!"

Yoongi's hands work fast on his soundboard, and in moments Tae is preparing to sing the first verse of the solo he prepared. His notes comes out smooth and baritone, high and intoxicating in the chorus, and he hits the note after the bridge just right

Jin screams like a banshee, which is supposedly a sign of joy. "Bravo! This--this is talent! That's all I can take for today. I think I might explode from the sheer excitement of it all. Jimin-ah, we shall practice your solo next week."  He fans himself of his dramatics and exits, and Jimin is hurriedly collecting his belongings.

Taehyung laughs sarcastically, cocking an eyebrow. "In a rush?"

Jimin frowns. "Cute." 

Tae so obviously knows why Jimin is rushing-- he still hasn't declared his unrequited love for their producer Yoongi, and can't stand being around the guy for longer than five minutes. "He's not going to bite you. He barely has a soul."

Jimin nudges his friend, hushing him. "Shut up! He's...he's so perfect."

"Come back to Earth." Tae is grinning, he loves to see his friends in love. It almost reminds him that he himself isn't a disgusting and repulsive human being incapable of feeling human emotion.

He's a nice guy, though.

"Anyway! I texted Jin about the bake sale and he's all for it. The car wash bit is still in the air. As for the ticket prices, we need to talk to coach about that."

Taehyung glances at his watch. "Alright, cool. But I have Calculus in thirty minutes. It's the first day and I can't miss class, so let's make this quick."

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

 "Coach! Yah, coach! Can I have a minute??" Taehyung jogs on the grass of the freshly-cut soccer field, his laptop bag bouncing against his hip. Despite him looking so out of place, the coach welcomes him with a happy reception. "Ah, class president. What can I do for you?"

"A couple of things actually," Taehyung paused, attempting to swallow his pride. He couldn't believe he was about to depend on the soccer team, the source of his hatred (though it was one person, he was generous with his hatred) for a favor. "Um. Well, what would you think about raising ticket prices? Perhaps a dollar or two? The school really needs the money, or the seniors won't be going out with a bang this year."

Coach rolls his tongue in his cheek, looking conflicted. "I'm not sure I could make that decision, that would be in the hands of some higher-ups," Taehyung frowned, prepared to walk away. "But you could still use my boys, if you get the okay from the captain. They're a pretty hot topic. How's about you auction them off? The girls would love that." Taehyung's eyes widened at the genius idea, becoming convinced. "We were leaning more towards a car wash sort of thing. "

"Do both, that's even more money. I'll definitely support the car wash! As for the auction idea though...the Captain may not be cool with that. Talk it out with them, they're in a free practice right now." Taehyung half-smiled, bowing before walking towards the field full of shirtless boys. The air reeked of arrogance and testosterone, and Tae was dreading the walk across the field to Namjoon, sitting on the bench. He thanked his stars that Namjoon was a nice guy, however. This was going to be a piece of cake.

"Hey, Captain! Could I talk to you for a sec?" Namjoon smiled and waved the boy over, leaning back on the bench. He looked a bit sad in his smile, much to Tae's confusion. "Ah, that's ex-captain for you." He waved a cast on his leg at Taehyung, who apologized profusely. "Oh it's fine, I'll get my title back once I'm all better. Our co-captain is filling in for me right now. Yah, Kookie!"

Kookie?

Chocolate Chip Kookies? No.

As in Kook?

As in Jungkook?

As in my evil arch nemesis who is obviously out to get me?

Taehyung died. He died and his soul floated to limbo or wherever the hell souls filled with hate went, besides hell. He could himself then and there; a pair of underwear full of poop had to be better than talking to this...thing. Taehyung kept his smile pasted to his face, staring Namjoon down like he wanted to strangle him. "Thank....you." 

You er.

"Am I in trouble again~" Jungook's whine sounds from behind Taehyung, who refused to turn and look at him. He instead opts to remain staring holes through Namjoon's forehead, much to his confusion.

His aegyo is disgusting.

He's so gross.

Even if I could hate him more than I do now, I'd make sure to hate him twice as much as that.

This piece of--

"President? You in there?" Namjoon looked concerned.

"A-Ah yes, I'm here. My apologies." Taehyung rubs the sweat from his palms, turning to face the much taller male. "I-I..I was just here t-to..um.."

Taehyung didn't expect his smile to be so white, and his hair to be so wet with sweat, and his breathing to be so heavy. He didn't expect his shirt to be pasted to his wet chest, and to trace the outline of all six of his abs. He didn't expect to smell his minty breath from a foot away, and he didn't expect his muscles to be so large.

Not that any of that matters...he's just a brat that I need to deal with just this once.

"He has official captain business to discuss with you," Namjoon grins, and Jungkook smiles calmly at Taehyung, waiting for his request. "Good morning,class president." Jungkook greets the shorter male with bright, kind eyes. Taehyung completely disregarded him, getting straight to business. "The council was hoping to organize a fun little event to raise money for the seniors. A sort of bachelor auction, if you will. We were wondering if we could use your players to auction off."

Jungkook's eyes grow for a single second, before his expression returns to its normal warm and welcoming nature. "Well, I'd do anything to support the student council. Will you all be participating as well?"

Taehyung turns red, his words turning to jelly. "W-What? You mean as bachelors? Oh no, this event is solely for the students to enjoy."

"Surely you're a student as well, correct?" Jungkook was just smiling, the way he does.

This bastard.

"N-No. I mean yes, yes I do attend this institution but I--this is for--you know--"

"Relax," Jungkook laughs, combing his hair back with his hand when the sweat begains to collect on his face. "Like I said, the student council always gets my support! It's a definite yes for me...on one condition." Taehyung watches as Jungkook leans in slightly, his lips just hovering above his ear. 

"I want a kiss."

Taehyung hears snapping in his ear, indicating that he stop daydreaming. Jungkook is staring at him, more than confused. "President? Are you running a fever? Your face is totally red and you can't seem to focus...should I take you to the nurse's office?" Jungkook moves to place his hand on Taehyung's forehead, but the boy speeds off before anyone can get another word in.

I'm a bumbling idiot.

My name...is Kim Taehyung.

Otherwise known as "Toothless."

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Hi guys! I hope you liked this first chapter as an intro! I also really hope you like this story as well, I love me some BTS. If you loved it (or hated it lol) drop a comment below! Thanks for reading, and I'll see you in the next one!