The First Wave

Black Raven, White Tiger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone is silent inside the car. Bogum sat between me and Dongyeon. Taehyun oppa is driving and beside him Jinyoung. At the back is our maknae Taehyung.

"Taehyung?" Bogum spoke in the middle of deafening silence. 

"Ah, Your Highness?" He said formally.

"Your name is similar to Taehyun hyung it confuses me."

"Sorry your highness," he apologized.

"From now on you will be called V" Bogum added. "And please lets all be friends regardless of what we are." He suggested.

But nobody answered.

"We are friends, that's an order." He said.

"Yes! Your highness!" We answered in chorus.

Bogum chuckled. "In time we will be." He said under his breath.

We arrived at a new building named "Royal Angels".

"Cheesy." I said to myself.

"That's a cute name tho." Bogum said behind me. I didnt realize he had alighted from the car.

"Your Highness you must walk upfront." Taehyun suggested.

He shook his head. "Walk beside me." He said. He turned to me. "Yoojung, you walk last. Lets not get any attention inside.

I nod at him.

As we walked inside the institution, i cant help but be amazed on how well developed that place is.

A woman approached us and bowed.

"You might be the representative from the palace." She said. She is in her mid 30's. "i am Hwang Ah Young, the head mistress of the orphanage. Lets go this way." She said as she lead the way.

"This is the section for the female." She pointed at her left. "And this is for the males."

We checked each rooms and I must say, it is well managed. The kids have proper meal, a proper sleeping and restroom. They also have a place where they can develop their skills. Just like any other citizen, they can develop their skills in preparation for a rank so that the foster families could choose accordingly. 

"What happens to those who will not be chosen?" I asked in curiosity.

The head mistress paused and her face changed. "They will have no rank." 

"What happens to them then?" Bogum asked worriedly.

"Most of them leaves the kingdom." She said sadly. Pity written allover her face. "This kingdom is not a place for no ranks."

I looked at Bogum and I suddenly saw fire in his eyes. "This should stop." 

I unintentionally pressed his arm to stop him for any further side comments. Today he is just a representative thus stripping him from any rights to say anything against the kingdom.

The head mistress might've noticed it so she offered us to go to her office.

 

"The palace will provide more donations for the orphanage. It shall be enough to cover the food and maintenance of the skills department of every child." Bogum said diplomatically. I have never saw him spoke in that manner before and it amazes me.

"Yes?" The head master pointed behind us.

We turned to see Taehyung raising his hand like an student.

"I wonder why we ended up with so much number of orphans?" He asked.

Dongyeon who is sipping his tea almost choke.

The head master smiled.

"You must be young still." She clasped her hands. "These children are product of pregnancy out of wedlock." She began.

I clearly know what it is since all females are taught about this since we were little.

"Premarital is strictly prohibited in this kingdom. "

I saw Taehyung's face in awe. This kid!

"Women who bears a child out of wedlock must face the religious guards."

This got the attention of all the men. It must have been their first time to hear this.

"We have a lady here in the room. You might as well enlighten everyone?" She told me.

I took a deep breath before I began to spoke.

"A woman who bears a child out of wedlock must face the religious guards. Their child shall be turned over to the royal orphanage and the mother will be held on trial."

The men except Bogum where in shock and covered their mouth with their hands.

"The mother shall accept a punishment of caning the least." I said.

"And the worst?" Jinyoung asked.

"Death. Depending on the weight of sin. If the act was done with another single man, then a caning will be enough for thirty days. If the man is married then a caning and shaving of hair for one hundred days must be given. But if a woman is married then the punishment is death." I said. "This is not a kingdom for women. "I said.

Bogum was looking at me apologetically. 

"The child left in an orphanage has a better chance of surviving." I continued. "The father of the unmarried woman may come and accept the child. But this didnt turn out well for most." 

The head mistress nod.

"Most of these children are treated differently in their homes and were deprived of the basic rights every human beings have. Thats why most of them flee."

"I didnt know that." Taehyun oppa said.

"Me either." Jinyoung added.

"This things were taught to us while we were young so we could avoid punishments." I sigh. "So i hope you guys could keep your zips up as much as possible." 

They looked at each other shamefully.

 


"Can you stop moving for one second?" I told Bogum as I fix his tie. 

"I'm fixing my hair." He complained.

"But I cant even fix your tie properly!" I said. I grabbed him on both arms. "Stop moving."

He froze when I pressed my palms on his pectorals. 

He blinked his eyes several times unable to move.

"Wha- what?" I asked him.

"Im sensitive on that part." He whispered.

I flustered upon hearing it. "Im sorry..." i said but to my mistake tap his chest again.

He laughed hard covering his chest and rolling his body on the floor. "Yoojung..." he said giggling.

"Yah! Yah..." i crouched on the floor trying to pull him up. "What are you doing your highness? Stop it." I ordered him.

He grabbed my wrists with both hands and pulled me close to him. 

I landed on top of him. Our face just inches away.

"Yepuda.." he whispered and smiled from ear to ear. 

My face started to heat up.

I pulled my body away from him but he pulled me even closer.

I felt his lips on my forehead.

"I want a life like this." He said.

I froze.

"Your highness." I said. 

"Oh- sorry." He said as he stood up and pulled me up. "I didnt mean to startle you." He said.

I nod at him.

 


BLACK R

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter