Precious Sword

Black Raven, White Tiger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

GALGAMAGWI :

"Your highness," the Royal Chief Commander bowed.

The Queen kept a straight face as she listens to the commander.

"The Queen Regent is forming a new blood of armies." He began. "They are highly trained and are all true-born military ranks." 

The Queen clenched her fist. "So they are not scared of the threats we send." She conclude. 

"The Queen Regent is planning on crowning the King as soon as possible." He said. 

"Let us attack on that day." She said. "An eye for an eye." 

"Your highness," he bowed again. "The Kings guard are the new blood. If we lose in this battle, you have no heir."

She clenched her teeth in anger.

"I have a feeling that if we dont attack, we will lose. The new King is young, we know how the young Kings are. But if we attack,"

"What?"

"We will lose the last hope of Galgamagwi." 

 


YOOJUNG:

Modern Medicine, Herbal Medicine, Spiritual Healing, ahhhhh!!! 

Traditional Medicine!

This is what I need. 

I pulled the book out.

"Boo!" 

"Ahh!" I gnarled at Bogum. "Yah! I'm really gonna kill you!" I told him.

"Shhhh!" He said. "Dont yell inside the library." He said.

How can I not scream when he just suddenly pop out of nowhere.

"Says who?" I .

"Says the King." He pouted behind me to see a signage. "Silence please says the King."

I hissed. "Silly." I murmured.

"What?" He said amused.

"This library is exclusively his when he was younger. So who would come here aside from him?" I said. I shook my head in disbelief. The King has rules for himself. We were only allowed to use this library as an option if we dont feel like searching the answers in the internet. "What are you doing here by the way?" I asked.

"Napping." He said with a beaming smile.

"You took a nap here?" I said in surprise. "And why are you hiding there?" I can only see his face between the stack of books.

"Hiding of course." He said proudly. "So shhhh."

"Aigooo" i gnarled at him. "Youre impossible! You sleep in the class then you sleep in the King's library. Come on lets go. I already got the book that I need." I was about to walk to fetch him but someone interrupted.

"Your Higness" a man in his mid fifties, dressed in a traditional Korean po walked in. 

"Aboji!" Bogum said in surprise. His expression changed.

The man was surprised too."His highness is coming. What are you two doing here?" He asked.

"Checking the books, aboji." He grinned.

I bowed down at him. "I just borrowed some books about traditional medicine." 

"We will talk some other time my Lady. For now you may leave because the King is coming. He is quite sensitive to the other gender." He said calmly.

I bowed again and excused my self to leave.

 


BOGUM:

YooJung immediately left.

"The King is sensitive to the other gender." Yushin walked towards Bogum. "Right?" 

Bogum sighed. "Ahh that was close." 

Yushin stared at him from head to toe. He is still wearing a red hongryongpo and gwanja.

"What are you doing here? Why are you still dressed that way?" He asked. Master Yushin is the right hand of the King.

"I wanted to take some books and read in my room. I didnt know she will come here." He said innocently.

"And you're still grinning?" He said. "Hmmmm." He scratched his chin. "You like her eh?" 

"I- Dont -Knowwww" he said while wagging his head like a puppy with a smile plastered in his face.

"Well..." master Yushin leaned on the shelf. "She can be a candidate. Highborn," 

Bogum nod with a smile agreeing,

"Educated,"

He nod again.

"Beautiful," 

He nod one more time.

"And she can give you a good looking children." He teased.

"Aishhh." He pushed Master Yushin gently on the arm. "Dont say that." He said giddily.

"Ayyyyyyye! He is in looooove..." he teased.

"I'm noooot." He said with eyes closed, hands clasped behind and galloping his way out of the library.

 


YOOJUNG:

After several days of staying inside the palace, we never really gotten close with each other. Cant blame everyone, they grew up under the strict rules of segregation. We were not at ease and we never got the chance to introduce ourselves to each other. 

There's this girl I call blondie. She's always in front and the most diligent in the class. 

Another girl I call sapphire. Her blue pixie cut hair is standing out out of all the multi colored hair ladies in the house. 

Another one is amber, the self proclaimed prodigy. Cant blame her, rumor has i, she is the daughter of General Kang. The general butcher as they say. He kills his enemy in the most brutal way like decapitating, flaying and even dismembering the body parts of his enemies.

And the most normal looking girl, little miss round eyes. Her face is small and she looks angelic. But as they say, looks can be very deceiving. She is a strategist. I find her the coolest girl in class.

The boys are like twice our number so most of the time, the girls just avoid them. They dont even speak to eachother. 

But some of them are outstanding.

One of them, I call him, pretty boy. He has this boyish looks and gentle smile. He is smart in class and really good in martial arts. 

Another is Mr. Mute. Ive never heard him speak even once before. He was silent but his swordsmanship is way bette than everyone else.

And of course, Bogumssi. The only one who speaks to everyone although they dont answer back. He always seats beside me and make faces whenever the teacher turns. He loves the window, he falls asleep easily whenever he opens the window a little. Such a baby.

The teacher entered the room.

As respect, we would all stand up straight and greet him in the most stiffest way.

He raised his hand which means we could seat.

He walked along the aisle and gave each one of us a piece of cloth.

"Cover your eyes and stand up. Today you will be given assignments. A real duty." He said.

I swallowed realizing that the first week was just a warm up. It was a hard training although we all got backgrounds in military ranks.

I covered my eyes.

"Good luck." Bogum whispered to my ears which made my ear felt hot.

"Good luck too." I said.

A strong grabbed my arm as soon as I stood up. He placed it over his shoulder.

An unfamiliar voice spoke.

"Follow me."

I did not answer instead I walked wherever he was going.

 


A few minutes later I felt the damp grass, the sound of the wind. 

"Step up." He said.

I followed as he ordered.

I realized it was a staircase going up. 

I heard the cracking of the door. Inside, it felt warmer. It sure is a room.

He walked me in until he made me stop.

"On your knee." He whispered.

I hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter